Good Luck

He's Not A Bad Guy

Sungyeol was tying his trainers laces. He was a little excited. That day was their fourth match and he had made his mind to win it specially when he heard the other's team new member's name. He wanted to show off how skillful and smart he was.

-KIA is going to win it for sure as long as I'm here.

He whispered to himself quietly. He heard the coach call him.

-Hurry up Sungyeol-ah. We should discuss something.

-Yes, coming.

The coach was standing by his team in the waiting room, holding a small white board although there was a big one behind him on the wall. As Sungyeol joined them he started.

-We have waited for this for so long and I'm not going to loose it, you know. I've changed some of the possitions. Sungyeol won't go in for the first quarter but I send him in the first half.

-Why why? Why shouldn't I?

-The other team's hope is that new guy. I don't want you to waste your energy just running. I send you in when they send him.

It made Sungyeol a little restless. He was sure he could play the whole time. He had to score for the team. He could fight that guy for sure. He didn't hear what else the coach said. Deciding on not letting him for the first quarter had made his mind busy. They left the waiting room and the game started in a blink of an eye. Sungyeol couldn't believe he 2as sitting on the bench watching the game like someone who had bought a ticket to watch it. But he decided to respect his coach decission and trust his strategy. As they began running, attacking, and defencing, they all could see KIA was not as always. They had the flow of course, but it seemed that the other team was doing a good job teasing them. They talked loudly to distract them and didn't play fairly. Sungyeol stood up and watched it nervously. He wanted to talk to his team, but he was as nervous as they were. He had to overcome it.

-Sit down Lee Sungyeol.

-But they are teasing us with…

-They are not doing something against the rules.

-Please let me go in after the first time out.

But coach ignored him. Sungyeol sat beside his friend Jaeyoung, focusing on the game.

-Oh, the new guy is in now. Look at that Sungyeol-ah.

Sungyeol was not happy at all. Seeing the new guy wasn't something his favorite. He had met that guy many times when he lived in Busan. They were rivals since high school. Seeing him again on the basketball field made Sungyeol remember all those memories.

-Ah I see. He is left-handed. That's a good point.

Said Jaeyoung leaning back on his seat.

-He isn't a lefty, but he can use his left arm as well as the other while playing.

-Really? How do you know that?

-Look at his arms. He dribbles the ball with left hand but shoots with right one.

-Ah~ I think you're right.

-We have been classmate for years. I know him very well.

-Really? Are you friends?

-Of course we aren't. He hates me like a crazy.

Sungyeol half-shouted that. Then he said to himself mentally.

-And so do I.

The coaches called a time out and both teams went to their coaches. KIA members gathered together listening the coach shouting angrily at them for how unexpected they were playing. He noted some points and told them to consentrate. Sungyeol didn't expect it when the coach told him to go in.

Now he was feeling better and less anxious. In the middle of the game he and his former classmate faced each other. They both were standing for rebond, waiting for one of KIA members to do his free throws. The guy's first throw didn't go in, and then Sungyeol heard:

-Long time no see Lee Sungyeol-ssi. It's been a while.

The guy was shooting for the second time as Sungyeol answered, his eyes never leaving the ball's direction.

-Shut it Han Jisuk.

The second throw didn't go in either and Sungyeol ran to rebond. He was doing a good job and his team were feeling refreshed. They doubled their score but it still wasn't enough. Sungyeol played the first half and the second one till it's middle very well when something really unexpected happend to him. Running so fast to the basket, he hit a random guy and they fell down together. Sungyeol could see nothing as many players were sorrounding them. He tried to stand up but he felt a sharp pain in left leg. When he shouted in pain every one went back and the refree came to check on him.

-What happened? Are you okay?

-I can't move my leg. It hurts, ah!

Two people lifted him to the waiting room and the game was stopped. Sungyeol saw the coach kneeling by his side.

-Are you okay Sungyeol-ah?

-No, it's killing me. Really!

-What happened?

-I don't know. I fell and then I felt someone steped on my leg.

Sungyeol's instant mones filled the room. They were going to send him to the hospital. The coach couldn't leave the team so one of the managers acompanied Sungyeol in the ambulance.

-Jaeyoung, you go in instead of Sungyeol. Don't be afraid guys, it's alright.

He took Sungyeol's backpack and gave it to the manager.

-Take his stuffs. He may need them.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

 

Myungsoo was checking the photos he had taken that day, choosing the best cut. His assistant was watching a basketball game and his loud cheerings were so annoying to Myungsoo.

-Turn it down please. I can't consentrate.

-One of the players is injured, Sunbae.

-So what?

-He's the guy we had a photoshoot with. Lee Sungyeol.

Myungsoo raised his head and looked at the TV screen, asking curiosly.

-Lee Sungyeol?

-Yes they said his injury seems serious.

-Lee Sungyeol?

This time Myungsoo asked himself. That was Sungjong's brother. He took a glance at his wrist watch, 21:45. Sungjong was at studio recording Moonlight so Myungsoo was sure he didn't know the news.

-Should I tell him? Maybe not.

He asked himself.

-He cannot leave the studio until 11, and maybe the team call their family later. But really, should I call him?

He was't sure what he must do.

-Didn't say what his injury was?

-It seems he had injured his leg, I told you. They took him to hospital.

Hospital. So it wasn't just a minor injury. Myungsoo didn't waste a second and took his cellphone and ran out of the room. He dialed Sungjong's number.

Sungjong was talking on the staition's telephone with someone. He noticed a vibration in his jeans pocket. He fished the cellphone out and saw Myungsoo's name. He couldn't answer it at the moment so he rejected the call. After a second Myungsoo called for the second time and Sungjong had to rejected it again. This repeated until he say goodbye on the phone and hung up the phone. Myungsoo called again and this time Sungjong answered it.

-You keep calling. Is it important? I'm at the recording room now.

-It's important.

Myungsoo's voice was different. It made Sungjong worried.

-What's happened?

-I'm not sure myself but I heard they took your brother to the hospital.

-What? What do you mean? Hoya hyung or Sungyeol hyung?

-Sungyeol.

-Why? Did he injured himself? He has a match tonight.

-Yes, and sorry I heard it was serious.

Sungjong's heart was pounding. He could do nothing. When he was thinking someone took his cellphone away.

-PD-nim. Give it back please.

-How many times do I have to say you are not allowed to use you phone while we're recording?

-Can I leave now? Something has happened.

-Why bad things always happen to you? I still remember you were in hospital for eating too much seaweeds! You're staying until 12 and after reviewing.

-Please, It's an emergency.

-NO!

-So just let me make a call.

-I said no.

-At least let me go at 11. I really have to go PD-nim.

The producer puffed and said.

-Okay, but you have to do your job until 11.

Sungjong didn't get his phone before 11 o'clock. He didn't even talk to Sunggyu and just rushed out of MBC building to take a taxi. He went to Hoya's studio while calling Sungyeol. At first he got no response but after calling for ten minutes, someone answered his brother's phone.

-Hello?

-I'm Lee Sungyeol's brother. Where is he now?

-We are at hospital. Sungyeol is in the operation room now.

-Operation?

Sungjong shouted loudly. The man tried to make him relaxed saying it wasn't that serious but he couldn't. Sungjong took the address and went there with Hoya.

When they arrived, Sungyeol was sleeping. His left arm was dressed with plaster cast and his right arm was bandaged. The two brothers were frozen at place.

-What is it?

Said Hoya breathing hard. A middle aged man came and took them out of the room. The found that he was the coach and he told them what had happened. He said the team had informed the comittee as Sungyeol had said someone had tread on his calf.

-I had never seen him like this. Oh my poor hyung!

Sungjong was crying silently the whole time. Hoya was furious. He could do nothing. A serious accident had happened to his brother and he was useless, could do nothing. Their parents might had found out and Hoya was going to be embarresed of not being able to do anything. He was thinking as a nurse came out of Sungyeol's room.

-He's awake. You can see him but remember not to bother him or asking too many questions.

Sungjong was the first to run into the room. He stood by the bed, bending a little and holding Sungyeol's hand. Sungyeol's eyes were closed and his head turned to the other side, but he recognized the younger's warm hands and took them tight. He was awake but he had to fight his heavy eyelaids to open them. Hoya stood beside Sungjong. Speechless and shocked, he ran his fingers in Sungyeol's hair, talking in a low voice.

-Do you hear me Yeol-ah?

Sungyeol managed to mone something that could be got as "yes."

-Don't worry. Everything is going to be alright.

They saw a single tear ran from sungyeol's eye.

-He's in pain.

Said Sungjong. Now Sungyeol could open his eyes but he preferred not to. The pain was cracking all his bones and he didn't want to show them his teary eyes. He took a deep breath and asked in a broken voice.

-What ha… happened to the… team?

-We lost the game Sungyeol.

Answered the coach sadly. He added.

-But we'll do better for you.

-Do it… for yourselves.

Sungyeol's voice was trembling.

-I have informed the comittee, they'll find the person who did this to you. Are you suspect of anyone?

-What's the point… of it?

He faced his brothers and looked at them. His red-rimmed eyes were on first Hoya and then on crying Sungjong.

-Why are you crying?

-Cause you are in pain.

-I'm not. Don't cry Jong-ah.

He was lying. His left leg hurt like crazy. He wished he could see the nurse to asked for a painkiller, but he couldn't let Sungjong cry like that. It wasn't like he was dying or what.

-I know you are so busy. Please leave. My brothers are by my side.

He asked the coach. The man said he would come back the next day and left.

-Hyung, please don't say anything to Mom. She would worry for nothing.

Hoya nodded strongly. His eyes were so dark and his face showed his anger. Sungyeol continued.

-You don't believe whom I met tonight.

Hoya was waiting to hear the rest.

-Han Jisuk. And I lost to him. For the first time.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

 

The exact night Sungjong was disappeared from radio studio for his so-called emergency reason, Sunggyu tried his best to get a few days off from the producer. The poor man was going out of mind as both the writer and the MC were acting strange. He agreed Sunggyu's request, thinking that Sungjong could take Sunggyu's post for a few days. They had done it before when Sunggyu had got a bad cold last year. Sungjong would be the best replacement.

Sunggyu drove home to take a shower and pick an extra shirt and some necessary paper before driving to were Dongwoo was. It was at least two hours driving to Jeonju and Sunggyu didn't have time to take a nap. He tried his best keeping awake the whole time. He arrived there at 3:30 AM and called the detective to get the address of the hotel he was staying at. They meet at 4:00 and Sunggyu could tell from Dongwoo's sleepy eyes that he was staying up too, maybe reviewing the documents and the notes.

-I spent two days talking with the orphange manager and the the person in charge. We checked the archieve of all the papers. It was a little hard because the former mager who would remember the evidance has passed away and the recent manager didn't know enough about the accident or you at all.

Sunggyu was listening so carefully as if he had hundreds of ears to hear every single words leaving Dongwoo's mouth.

-I funally got a chance to meet one of the retired nurses who fortunately remembered your case.

-So? Did you find any useful fact?

Sunggyu asked impatiently. Dongwoo made a victorious smile as an answer.

-Of course I did. You are so lucky that the nurse was a very close friend of one the doctors in the hospital your parents were taken to after the accident.

The sentence was a little too long for Sunggyu to understand. He asked with a confused tone.

-What does it mean?

-Nothing. It just means you and I have to sleep to meet a doctor tomorrow. Let's talk later.

Dongwoo lied on the bed and amazingly for Sunggyu, he doze off the moment his head touched the pillow. But Sunggyu was too nervous to sleep. He wasn't sure about what that was happening in his life. For the thousandth time he asked himself if it was right to walk on this way. What if he regreted after finding the truth. At times like that, when he felt alone and confused, Woohyun was like a magical drug for him. Just a sentence and Sunggyu was relaxed. But that was too late to call Woohyun and Sunggyu preferred not to. He had noticed Woohyun wasn't acting the same as before. Something unknown to Sunggyu was annoying the younger.

Sunnggyu took off his new big black glasses, putting them on the desk and went to the only bed that Dongwoo was sleeping in too. He tried not to wake the man up but it seemed Dongwoo was sleeping so deeply.

The next morning they headed to the hospital. Dongwoo took his client to Dr. Park, an old and small man with his hair completely white and a round bright face, but he was so serious. His eyebrows were tied together. As soon as they walked in the office, Sunggyu bowed as if he was going to hit his head to the floor. That man was a key to solve some of Sunggyu's problemes.

-You said you would like to talk to my client Dr. Park. This is Nam Sunggyu-ssi who looks for his family.

-Hello sir. It's very nice to meet you.

Said Sunggyu, doing his best to control his excitement. The man asked them to take a seat and started.

-Mr. Jang and I met yesterday, but I wanted to meet you too. This case is about your family after all.

Sunggyu leaned forward and put his elbows on his knees and asked.

-Do you remember the day of accident, Mr. Park?

-Of course. It was in an afternoon when they brought two injured people to the ER. I was one of the new doctors in the ER that time.

Sunggyu was starring at him with his sad and curious eyes. The old man ran his finger in his white and silky hair and went on.

-Unfortunately the man had passed away on the way to hospital, but the woman was alive although there was a problem.

-A problem?

-She had an awful condition. It was so dangerous. Her had some broken ribs that had damaged the lungs. Although we did our best, she couldn't take it and passed away.

Sunggyu nodded. His teary eyes were shining in sorrow as he blamed himself for not remembering even his parents' faces.

-I didn't ask ask you to come here just to hear these. Actually, I was in charge of checing the victims profile that night. After looking for some informations and as your nother had mentioned briefly at last moments, I found the couple had two children. One of the nurses helped me to send the related applications to the orphanages and that was how the children were taken there. As he was just a baby, your brother was transfered to another orphange not where you were staying at.

Dongwoo who had been silent during the time the doctor was telling the story, taking notes and writing the detaild asked.

-Sorry to interrupt, but why two different orphanages?

-The baby was so sick. Don't worry it was not that dangerous, though we sent him there to be treated.

Sunggyu also asked.

-Where can I get that orphanage address?

-I cheked the documents and found it.

He gave Sunggyu the address written on a piece of paper.

-Now I'm done with what I had to say. Good luck Mr. Nam.

 

 

 

Guys! I'm dead since the 360 vr teaser is vreleased. They're really going to make it a hit. Anyway hope you enjoy the chapter. Love ya!♡