Let's Begin

He's Not A Bad Guy

Sungjong had been thinking about many thing at night. What to wear, what to say, how to react, would he get a chance to meet Myungsoo in person at all or... he was just an ordinary guest? He stayed up the whole night doing nothing but thinking of Myungsoo. The next day he stayed at his room until Hoya called him to have lunch. He ignored the elders concern about him being so tired. Sungjong felt upset and lonely with no reasons. He had lost his confidence. He even hesitated to go to the ceremony, but Sunggyu was invited too. If he was ignored there by Myungsoo, Sunggyu would be there for him. His last concern was: 'What if Sunggyu hyung's not coming?'

He took a taxi to the address written on the invitation card and trusted his chance, like throwing a ball to see who would catch it! He noticed the banners and flowers outside the building and asked the driver to stop. Seeing the flowers made him worried. Why didn't he bring flowers? Most of the flowers had been from people from Japan, Sungjong even hadn't heard their names. There was only one name he knew 'Jang Dongwoo', and it was enough to make him smile.

When he entered the building he was even more disappointed. All the guest were in brand new suit coats and dresses, he was wearing a shirt with jeans. Was the gathering that formal? Sungjong didn't know. Myungsoo would feel embarrassed if he saw him, so he quickly turned to leave the place.

-Excuse me, Lee Sungjong-ssi?

Sungjong was shocked hearing his name be called.

-Yes?

-Oh, it's really you! So glad to meet you here.

Sungjong just nodded awkwardly. The woman in front of him seemed to be a young reporter, Sungjong could guess from her stuffs and clothes.

-You won't imagine how lucky I am. It's an honor meeting you here. Actually I've studied at the same college as you. I always followed you in the university's papers. Every month!

The young lady seemed to be a fan. Now Sungjong remembered who he was. The careless student who made a big mess in the university's monthly magazine with his writing. He was nearly expelled because of it.

-Look, I also have your book with me. The first you published in Busan.

As the crazy girl was exaggerating so loudly, other people there turned to them. Sungjong could hear them whisper.

-Who's that guy?

-I think he's that young scriptwriter from MBC.

-No. He may be just a scriptwriter now but he used to be an author before. He was really famous in Busan.

Sungjong finally excused himself and ran away from the crowd. He found his reserved seat and waited for his hyung but Sunggyu was nowhere to be found.

Finally he saw Myungsoo there. In simple clothes just the same as Sungjong. Mostly the representative of the publication talked and Myungsoo was standing there smiling and sometimes nodding. At the end he gave a brief speech, thanking the ones that had supported him on his photo essay book. Sungjong didn't care the rest of that old man's blubbering for who-knows-how-many-minutes, he was waiting to hear Myungsoo's voice. He had really missed the latter's comforting voice while he smiles and show off his cute dimples. Then he noticed Myungsoo's eyes looking for something, or maybe someone when they were fixed on Sungjong. The two dared to stare for seconds and Myungsoo was the first one to smile. Actually Sungjong was still nervous. Too nervous to hear the representative saying L was going to have his own studio in Seoul in less than two weeks. He missed the part that they said Myungsoo was going to live in Korea.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

 

Every one were standing in a not that long line, waiting for their essay books to be signed. Myungsoo hadn't experienced such a thing before. He had given his autographs to a few people before but it was so new to him seeing people wait in lines. It seemed awkward and exciting at the same time. He had never imagined this happen to a photographer. He greeted the guests and they shook hands. Sometimes he looked secretly at Sungjong who was leaning against a wall not that far from him, his arms crossed against his chest, and giving Myungsoo the most beautiful smile he had ever seen.

-L-ssi, we should end the signing event soon. Please hurry.

Yes, he wanted to end it as soon too. After signing all the books that weren't a great number, he said goodbye to the guests and asked the managers if he was allowed to go. When he walked out of the hall he saw Sungjong standing by the exit door, one of his hand was in his jeans pocket, the other one was in his hair. He was looking at his shoes and swaying at his place. Myungsoo's steps were fast and nervous the way Sungjong could hear it and raised his head.

-Sungjong-ah.

-Hey, Myungsoo. It's been a long time.

Myungsoo reached his hand to take Sungjong's and he locked their fingers softly.

-It has.

He felt too shy to be described so he looked down.

-Just this?

Protested the younger. Myungsoo looked up at his face in surprise.

-What?

-Nothing. I shouldn't have expected a warm greeting from you.

 

They walked the streets peacefully. At first they both were so quiet but being a mood maker, Sungjong always knew how to make Myungsoo laugh. It was unbelievably nice to Myungsoo, walking freely and holding Sungjong's hand in his, while listening to his bright and cheerful voice. Now he realized how much he missed it. It was their first time spending time together without being worried of something.

-I was so shocked. How did you know all those people? They were really no joke.

-I didn't know them. They were all publication's guests. The ceremony was just an excuse. They wanted those people to gather together for their own works and they asked me to invite someone too. I don't know anyone here so I invited only the two people I knew.

Sungjong beamed bitterly saying to himself 'And one of them didn't come.'

-Sorry Sungjong-ah!

-What? Why?

-For not greeting you as warmly as you expected.

The younger laughed and brought up his locked fingers in Myungsoo's.

-It's okay. Even this is good enough. As much as it's you.

Myungsoo looked in Sungjong's eyes. He was regretting for leaving him alone exactly the time the younger had been in a hard situation. Now that he thought, there was no need to avoid people and leave. He should have stayed and spent happy days with Sungjong and know him better. He could stay and his sister wouldn't loose her job because of him. He could have stayed and not make Sunggyu that upset that he didn't come to meet him at ceremony.

-I ran away.

He said to himself, taking a deep breath and took his steps heavily.

-I must go to work. It's 9 already. I'm late again.

Sungjong said looking at his watch. The PD was going to shout at him again for sure.

-Myungsoo-ah, come with me to MBC.

-Me? But why?

-When I get there it is almost 20 minutes late. I must have a good excuse for the PD.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

 

They ran in the elevator and went up. A short jingle was heard, informing them that they were on the 9th floor. Sungjong took Myungsoo's arm and dragged him out. He ran to his office to take his scripts and then ran to the recording studio. When he opened the door, a fat and short man was standing in front of him and as Myungsoo saw, his eyebrows were tied tightly together. The moment Sungjong saw him, a choked gasp left his mouth.

-Why late again Lee Sungjong writer?

-Um... oh~... huh! I am with Sunggyu-ssi's brother here.

Myungsoo stood up right and was taken aback. Sungjong turned to him, introducing him to the man.

-PD-nim, this is Sunggyu-ssi's younger brother. Today is his birthday. He hasn't seen his brother for a long time so I brought him here.

The man looked at Myungsoo in surprise.

-His name is Myungsoo.

Myungsoo bowed quickly as the fat creature eyed him curiously.

-Birthday? He didn't mention it.

Sungjong felt relieved seeing he had distracted his producer and dragged Myungsoo in the room. Sunggyu was seen in the recording room from the huge soundproof glasses and his voice was being heard from the recording devices. Sungjong sat and checked the scripts. The clock showed 9:30 PM. He completely forgot about Myungsoo as he began to check the comments on "Moonlight" official website before taking some notes.

 

It was the first time the young photographer had been in a radio station, let alone to see his brother be the program host. It felt weird. Sunggyu, with his big black glasses, wearing an oversized white t-shirt. He was smiling as he read the script. Myungsoo listened to the elder's voice. He had listened to 'Moonlight' before, but because Sungjong had been the MC. Now he understood why that radio program was so popular. Sincere words must be said in a sincere way. Myungsoo could feel the emotion in Sungjong's words when they were vocalized in Sunggyu's voice. Myungsoo didn't notice when a smile formed on his lips.

 

-Tonight's corner is taking a photo while listening to Moonlight and send it to us. Don't forget #MOONLIGHT2STARTS. You can send your photos while we listen to my favorite's song of Nell. It's...

Sunggyu raised his head cheerfully with a smile before announcing the song he really liked but he froze at his place. He blinked a few times, Sungjong had arrived and there was another person with him, the most unexpected person to appear in front of Sunggyu. What did Myungsoo do there! Was he seeing right? He completely forgot where he was and his mind was blank, just starred at the younger. The other was not looking at Sunggyu, avoiding any eye contacts. Sunggyu's eyes finally got Sungjong who was signing with everything he could find. He then remembered he was supposed to announce the song.

-It's... "Time Passes... Walking... Through Memories."

And Nell's song was played. Sunggyu didn't know what to do till the rest of the program. He made a few mistakes as he was already distracted, until 11 PM that he was allowed to say goodbye to his listeners.

-You're here?

Said Sunggyu confused. Myungsoo nodded sadly. At least Sunggyu could feel the sadness. He felt disappointed for a moment.

-So... sorry... for not coming today... Myungsoo-ah. I just didn't want to...

-Why didn't you come?

Myungsoo said sharply that made his brother speechless.

-I was so lonely. Why didn't you come?

-I'm sorry Myungsoo.

The younger smiled bitterly before adding.

-It was my first time doing such a thing. I mean the essay book and stuffs. I thought you would be proud of me for that.

Sunggyu's heart was clenched in his chest. He really didn't want to bother Myungsoo. He thought he was doing right. Now the younger talked quietly, almost whispering.

-You spent many years looking for me. I thought I was important to you.

Sunggyu was really confused. He didn't mean it to turn out that way.

-You're important to me. Of course I am proud of you.

-Are you?

Sungjong stood up from his seat and complained.

-Aish~... Why do you two always fight over nothing. I'm sick of it. And you, L-ssi, I was by your side during the whole of ceremony, wasn't I?

Myungsoo nodded cutely, making his brother laugh. The youngest was still a little pissed off.

-It's your birthday hyung. I brought your brother as a present. He also said he's going to live in Seoul from now.

-Seriously?

Myungsoo took a step toward Sunggyu. He had many thing to say to him even before the ceremony, but he forgot everything as he walked in MBC with Sungjong. He trusted himself and said the first thing came to his mind.

-I don't want to be stupid. I had misjudged you without even knowing you. Hope you give me a chance to start knowing you. I'd be your second younger brother if you let me. Coz I've heard you're not a bad guy.

Sunggyu breathed in relieved. He finally could hear what he wished from Myungsoo. Maybe Sunggyu had rushed a bit before. He should have been patient and now he got what he was looking for so long. Myungsoo was ready now to accept him... as a new family.

-Hey guys, let's take photo to update the official site.

The fat producer said walking in the room with a camera. Sungjong was the first to react in happiness.

-Good idea. Let's call all the team.

The all members of 'Moonlight' team gathered around in a minute, inviting Myungsoo too. He stood between Sungjong and Sunggyu. Sungjong posed a V-sign and leaned a little on Myungsoo while Sunggyu ringed his arm around his brother's shoulder. Myungsoo giggled silently and smiled to the camera. The photo was updated on 'Moonlight' official page with a caption:

"First edition of Moonlight, season 2 on DJ Sunggyu's birthday with his brother."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

 

"Family. I think it can be a sentence by its own. Some families are like Sungjong's with parents and three perfect siblings, some like mine. I haven't seen my real parents, I didn't even know they existed! I have a sister who is not blood-related with me and my brother, Sunggyu hyung also has a brother whom I haven't seen yet. But... there are generous men who have supported us and wonderful women who raised us up with tears and love.

Now I see what makes a family is not just blood. It's love. My family are those people who share their happiness with me and love me as much that they spent years looking for me... to show their true feelings, and people who taught me how to love by reminding me that I may be young, but not a fool.

 

Signature

Kim Myungsoo"

 

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

 

Yeah, here I go, updating the last chapter. As always hope you like the story. It was so nice to make friends with you (only if you accept me as a friend). Thanks to all my dear readers for reading my thoughts and also thanks to our dear boys to be an excuse for me to write and you to read!

Really hope you enjoy the fic. I'll share a new fiction soon. I don't know the exact time, but I will.

Love you all, my dear chingoos. (Even the silent readers♥♥)

Goodbye.