Expectation

He's Not A Bad Guy

Yejin was sitting on the coach, watching TV and drinking coffee. She changed the channels repeatedly but got nothing good to watch.

-Ahhh~ It's killing me!

Dongwoo was coming out of the room to eat something and he saw her nagging loudly do he went to her.

-What's going on here?

Yejin reached for Dongwoo's hand to make him sit beside her. He lied on the coach resting his head on her laps and closing his eyes.

-Aren't you tired? You've been reading those book since the morning.

Said Yejin annoyed.

-I must find some points about child adoption laws.

-You look like a student studying for college entrance exam.

Dongwoo's answer was just a smile. He felt his wife's slender fingers his hair gently. He was feeling sleepy. He just needed a lullaby, but instead the sudden sound of rock music made him forget about the sweet nap.

-Hey, this boy always scares me. I didn't know he has brought that guitar with him.

-He never goes around without his guitar. But now that I think…

-We'll have no parties Yejin-ssi.

-Why not? I'm so deadly borred. We'll have fun.

-We live in an apartment. Parties bother the neighbours, and we pay rent so we have no money for parties. I have works to do. And we know nobody here to invite for the party.

The last sentence Dongwoo made Yejin speechless. She could ignore the other excuses Dongwoo had made, but he was right. They would have no guest for the party. What could she do then?

-Aha! Call Hoya to come for dinner. Good idea, huh?

-He won't come. He works till midnight.

-Tell him to come!

-You don't know him. He stays until sooooo late practicing his choreographeis.

-Just dancing? Do his trainees stay there too?

-No they leave at night. He also is busy composing music at recording studio.

-So let's meet him there.

-Yejin-ah, can you not be this stubborn please?

-No because I'm freaking borred. What will you do if die of boredom?

Dongwoo frowned looking away.

-I know you don't want me to die. So call him please, please, please.

Dongwoo sat up reaching for his cellphone in his pocket.

-I'll call but I'm sure he won't make it.

He dialed Hoya's number and waited for about 2 minutes till he answered. He was panting when he talked to Dongwoo.

-Sorry the music was so loud, I didn't hear the phone ringing.

-No problem man. I was just wondering if you are free tonight.

-Why? Do you need something?

-No…

Yejin grabbed the phone immediately and answered.

-Hello Hoya-ssi. Yes we need something… we need some champaign but we don't know where to get it ourselves. Can you buy it for us?

-I will. I'll be there in an hour Yejin-ssi.

And that was it. She invited Hoya indirectly. Dongwoo was starring at her with open mouth.

-Yay! Now we have wine too. Party! He said he'll be here in an hour.

Dongwoo just looked at her with no words.

-What?

-Do I look stupid to you?

-Of course not.

-Didn't I tell you we will have no parties just now?

-But life without parties would be really boring!

Dongwoo was really annoyed. He got up to go back to his room but Yejin stopped him.

-Are you mad?

-No.

-Yes, you are. You don't look into my eyes.

Dongwoo fixed his eyes on hers and said.

-You're so sly.

It made her smile that resulted in Dongwoo's smiling back. She kissed him lovingly and went to tell Myungsoo they were having a guest soon.

As he had said, Hoya arrived after an hour. He rang the door bell and waited for it to be opened. Yejin was the person who opened it. The moment she saw Hoya, she froze at place. Hoya was standing there with a bottle of champaign in his hands looking tiredly at it. He raised his head and looked at her. She was staring at him with some kind of curiosity or at least Hoya thought it was that. Yejin didn't know what she was doing at the moment. She had seen that man in front of him before, but why did that time feel so different? She didn't know. She was confused. Maybe because she hadn't seen him like that in those clothes. The day at airport Hoya was wearing black leather jacket with skinny jeans but now she saw him in purple from head to toe, a light purple cap on his head, wearing purple hoody and purple baggy pants and of course dark purple trainers. Yejin was already enjoying watching Hoya, thinking about how cool he was, when somebody said:

-Who was it Noona?

Said Myungsoo coming to the entrance door. As he saw Hoya he was taken aback too. Hoya bowed a little and said.

-He… hello!

-Hoya-ssi, did someone splash purple paint on you on the way?

Said Myungsoo with an amazed look on his face. Hoya shook his head. The battle of starring came to an end when Dongwoo joined the.

-Oh Hoya, you came? Why are you standing there? Come in.

-That's fine I must go back quickly. They are waiting for me at the recording studio.

-Won't you stay for dinner?

-Dinner? I'd be so happy but I'm afraid I can't. Maybe next time I'll invite you. I'm going now. Goodnight!

-Okay. Take care.

Dongwoo took the champaign, and in a second, Hoya disappeared. Dongwoo faced his wife, wearing a wise look on face.

-Didn't I say before? I've been his friend since the day he was born. You should have trusted me Mrs. Jang.

-You said we have a party, noona! Was it that?

Myungsoo said before saing that. Yejin look at the empty spot Hoya had been standing at, and smiled weirdly.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

 

He he looked at his wrist watch, he ran faster. Myungsoo passed the hallways and was running to the stirs. He was late for the photo shoot. His assistant had called to say they were all waiting for him and Myungsoo sweared himself for eating his lunch too late.

He was running the stirs down when he slipped and missed two stirs. He didn't know where his feet would land as he tried to reach his hand for the nearest object to get, and it was supposed to be Sunggyu's jacket. Sunggyu was climbing the same stirs Myungsoo was running down and it resulted on Myungsoo's falling on him and they both hit the wall. Loud moans left their mouths. Myungsoo's elbow was injured and was scratched but Sunggyu's glasses was completely damaged as he had hit his nose to the wall. They got up but when Sunggyu wanted to say something, Myungsoo ran again without a word. Sunggyu was going to shout at him but it was useless. The wiped his clothes away and took a look at his precious huge glasses that was broken into peaces. He really loved those glasses.

-That brat! It's… what should I do now?

Myungsoo took himself to the studio. His assistants had prepared everything before. He saw Ailee was talking to the guest loudly and they laughed together. One of the assistants, a female rookie called Myungsoo.

-L-ssi, we're waiting for you.

-Sorry I was just eating my lunch but I think I shouldn't have.

Then he went to the guest and greeted him.

-Hello, Lee Sungyeol-ssi. My name's L and if you don't mind, we can begin the shoot.

Sungyeol smirked and shook L's hand. He had a teasing look on his face.

-What's the concept, L-ssi?

-It's elite.

-Wow, I like it.

L showed him the way and Sungyeol was dressed up in elite outfits less than a moment. His make up and hairstyle was done so quickly and very well, but it took so long for Sungyeol to come out of the dressing room. L wondered what the problem was and went to the dressing room.

-Is there something bothering you, Sungyeol-ssi?

Sungyeol was standing in front of the mirror. He raised his head and turned to the young photographer.

-I don't like this outfits. They don't suit me and the color doen't go with my hair color.

At first L was taken aback but then he remembered that one of his assistants had told him that Lee Sungyeol was so obsessed with his appearance and specially with his hair color.

-That doesn't matter. What ever you wear, it shows how handsome you are.

-Thanks for your praise but please let me change these…

L went to him and put his arm on Sungyeol's shoulder, with a fake smile and friendly words, dragged him out of the room. Sungyeol excepted to do the shoot with those clothes on. From that moment the magician L, began his wonderful magic and having Sungyeol as the model was a big help to. L was wondering how many photoshoot Sungyeol had had in the past because he really knew how to pose and cooperate with the photographer. The only and most annoying problem that pissed L off was when Sungyeol wanted to check each photo and analyze them all, ordering the assistants and decide which one was the best cut, reassuring that he won't do the interview if the don't except the photos he himself had marked.

The shoot was finally over and it was Ailee's turn. She had talked to Sungyeol earlier and had got to know that the guy really loved to stand out. She started the interview with some compliments and saying how he was such an idol, although non of these useless word was going to be printed in the magazine. When she felt the boy was pleased, she asked the supposed questions.

-I must congratulate you on your rounds of success. KIA has been winning all the friendly games this month. It was the fourth one yesterday, wasn't it?

-Yes it was. The team owes all these success and fame to all our hard work and our extraordinary love to our carrier.

-I've heard you and your coach always work together on the strategies.

-That's right. I believe that's the matter of creativity. I have a creative mind and knowing the team for all these years, it makes me to discover how can we amaze the rival at the first moment. And of course the coach praises my ideas.

Ailee was so interested in Sungyeol's self-praises.

-I admire your self-confidence, Sungyeol-ssi.

-And I admire your sense of consideration.

The unexpected photoshoot and interview came to the end and Sungyeol was getting ready to leave MBC. His team manager was accompanying him. L and Ailee's eyes met as they both were seeing him off. The sibling smiled a meaningful smile as they look at each other. Before Sungyeol left the studio, someone ran in and went to him to talk about something. Myungsoo looked closer and recognized the guy at once. He was that scriptwriter he had seen that night. He watched him whispering something to Lee Sungyeol and they talked for almost five minutes. At the end the boy gave a small box to the tall man and said goodbye. Sungyeol left and the scriptwriter looked around before leaving. His eyes shone when he saw Myungsoo. He ran to him and asked with wide eyes:

-L? Is that you?

Myungsoo just nodded.

-So you work here. You didn't say anything that night. I didn't get the chance to introduced myself. My name is Lee Sungjong.

-I know. The Moonlight posters are all over the building.

Sungjong felt a little shy and bent his head, making Myungsoo smile. Then he said.

-I can't repay you for what you did that night but I'd be glad if you don't mind me treating you a drink. If you are free.

-Okay. And please don't speak formally. It's awkward.

As Sungjong bought Myungsoo a latte and they talked at the cafe, they've got to know each other. Sungjong talked and talked non-stop. He was so excited for an unknown reason. Myungsoo enjoyed the time to and it didn't take that long for them to be friends. Myungsoo felt the same feeling as when he first saw Sungjong the first day he came to MBC. He liked the feeling and tried ti enjoy it as much as he could.

-I saw you talking to that man earlier in the studio. Do you know him?

-You mean Lee Sungyeol? Of course, he's my brother.

-What?

Myungsoo half-shouted. Making people around to look at them.

-You two are brothers? Really?

-Why? Don't we look alike?

Myungsoo shook his head.

-I'm so disappointed. You're the first person saying we don't look alike.

-Why disappointed?

-Both of my brothers are very handsome. I thought I was a handsome man just like them but I don't think so now.

His innocent confession seemed so adorable to Myungsoo, making him laugh.

-I mean your characters are different. You're so bright but he is…

-I know he is so naggy and proud in interviews and Tv but he's so different to his family and friends.

They talked until it was late and Sungjong had to go but Myungsoo wished he could meet the young scriptwriter more often.

 

∞∞∞

 

Hey friends! How's going with the Reality teasers Woollim is showing us?