AMBITOIN

He's Not A Bad Guy

Sunggyu and Sungjong were decending the stirs heading to the teria to get their meals. Sungjong seemed so suspectingly happy.

-What are you smiling at Jong-ah?

-Sorry hyung but I think I can't have the food with you.

Said Sungjong wearing a still happy look.

-You're really in a good mood. You've found someone better than me?

Sungjong nodded as an answer. Sunggyu froze. Who was the guy that Sungjong did prefer their company to his!? He was annoyed.

-Yah, you are really a traitor. I'll never forgive you for this.

He sulked making Sungjong smile adorably.

-After Sungyeol hyung is done with the friendly matches, you'll get to see him a lot hyung. Don't worry.

Talking about Sungyeol made Sunggyu so uncomfortable. Trying to prevent himself from blushing, he didn't expect Sungjong to mention it ever.

-What… what are you talking about Jong?

-I talk about nothing.

Answered the playfull maknae. Looking around to find his new friend. Sunggyu saw someone coming to them quickly and Sungjong even waved at him. It even took a minute for Sunggyu to recognize him.

-You?…

L looked blankly. Wondering who Sunggyu was.

-You are that boy.

-Do you two know each other?

Asked Sungjong, getting a shrug from L. But Sunggyu was sure.

-You are the boy who broke my glasses. Don't you remember falling on me in the staircase?

Now L could remember. He had injured his elbow that day.

-I guess you remember it now.

-Yes.

-Why don't you pay attention to your suroundings. How can people be this ignorant.

These sentenses made Myungsoo very upset but he still chose to apologize.

-I'm so sorry. I didn't notice. I'll pay for your glasses as a repay.

He said sincerely but it made the eldest more angry.

-I didn't bring it up to make you repay. Just open your eyes when you walk.

Sungjong saw the anger in L's eyes found the atmosphere so tense and tried to stop them.

-It wasn't intentionally hyung.

-Don't take his side Sungjong-ah. You're a traitor. Ah, really.

Sunggyu said that and didn't stay to hear L's answer. He felt too betrayed, too mad. He didn't even go to the teria and preferred to stay at the studio.

-How much have I been offended this week?! Who was this guy anyway?

Shouted Myungsoo angrily.

-Take it easy. He didn't mean it.

-You think he didn't? But he did!

-He is a little upset about… something. He's not a bad a bad guy.

-Who are bad people in your idea actually? You say your brother is proud and all that stuff but he is not bad. Your friend scolded me that way and he's not bad.

-I believe no one is bad. They just make bad impressions.

L puffed and starred in Sungjong's eyes less angrily.

-You are too kind Sungjong-ah, you know?

He said making Sungjong showing his expensive and heartwarming smile.

-Let's go eat Lee Myungsoo-ssi.

Myungsoo eyes became as wide as possible after hearing his real name. He ran after Sungjong who was heading to the teria.

-Wait, how do you know my name?

-I wanted to know you better so I used the technology named Internet.

-You searched about me?

-Yes, and I was like "Oh God, this guy is so freakingly famous. How didn't I know him."

Sungjong laughed saying it. He added.

-Why did you leave Tokyo coming to live here in Seoul?

-That was because of my sister. But, I can't still get it. I never revealed my name anywhere. How did you find it just by surfing the Net?

The younger looked at him mischievously from corner of his eyes.

-I'm Lee Sungjong after all. I may be young but not a fool. I have my own spies everywhere.

Myungsoo's mouth was half-opened. The young writer was the first man from MBC discovering many things of him. Myungsoo was wondering if anybody could do it to him too.

-You even didn't tell me your name, but I wanted to know you better.

-You never asked me anything to get an answer.

-Why you don't like your name to be revealed.

-Not any serious reason. I just wanted to separate my job from my personal life.

-But your job is personal too.

The elder blinked. And then blinked again. Why couldn't he find a reasonable answer? If it was someone else, he was able to make them speechless with a sentence or two, buin Sungjong's case...

-You said you want to know me better. Now how can I get to know you?

The younger thought for a moment and answered.

-Talking. You will know me through my words.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

 

Yejin got off the bus and headed to the address she had got from Dongwoo. She checked the signs and went ahead. It was a cold night and what she was carrying was a little heavy, so she was in a hurry to find the building. She saw a yellow sign with the word "AMBITION" written on and that was what she was looking for. She entered the building at once. As searching for the guide pannel, she saw some teenagers passing the corridoor at the opposite direction. She called one of them.

-Guys, do you know which floor is dance studio?

-Fifth.

A short and small boy answered. His face was so round and small that made Yejin laugh mentally. The elevator was empty when she walked in and pressed the 5 button. She turned and took a glance at her face in the mirror of the elevator. The reflection made her smile. The automatic doors jingled and were opened. Yejin took her way to the studio and saw a young boy was exiting the place. He saw talking loudly to someone she didn't see but she could hear the last sentences:

-I'm leaving now. Bye Hoya hyung.

-Okay. Take care.

The moment the boy passed Yejin, half of the lights were turned off. Nothing was heared except her own sport shoes sound on the floor. She saw a glass door and went toward it. She stood behind the door, taking a very close look and saw Hoya was standing so close to the mirror starring seriously at himself. His expression scared Yejin. The dancer was standing too close to the super huge mirror in front of him as if he was going to kiss his reflection.

She kept watching Hoya. After a moment, he walked backward and turnes the music on. He began moving his feet in a slow rythm, but there was a explosion after about 30 secounds. Hoya's dance was like flying with two feet instead of two wings.

-So intense!

That was what Yejin said to herself. She stood there, behind the glass door, watching Hoya's insisting steps in the dark. When the dancer finished his show and stopped, she opened the door soundlessly. Hoya saw the door being opened in the mirror and turned back. Still panting, he said.

-Too late to come to the class.

-It's me, Yejin.

-I know. I noticed someone was standing behind the door.

Yejin walked in and went closer. Hoya was standing at his place trying to catch his breath.

-What brought you here? I expected to see anyone but you.

Hoya talked so outspoken. His words were completely different from the other days Yejin had seen him. It resulted her to feel shy. The man was like a bad guy in a movie and she was so in love with it.

-Dongwoo gave me the address. I just wanted to apologize for that night we made you bring us…

-It's alright.

He broke her sentence.

-I just don't like parties.

-So you knew why we called you.

-I knew why you forced Dongwoo to call me.

He corrected her words, showing a smile… No, a smirk at the end.. The Woman felt too embaressed to raise her head.

-Where is Dongwoo anyway?

-He had works to do somewhere out of Seoul. I was alone so I thought maybe I could come to…

-To have a party?

Yejin was thinking "Wow this guy is so rude."

-No, no. I didn't even think about that.

She noticed he was looking at her hands, at the boxes.

-I wanted to bring something but Dongwoo had said you usually eat fast foods. I brought this just un case you like home made dishes.

-Is it food?

Hoya's both eyebrows were raised. Yejin just nodded simply and gave Hoya the boxes. Hoya sat on the floor cross-leg and opened the lunch-boxes.

-Wow, it feels like when I went to middle school. When my mother packed lunch for me and my brothers.

Yejin kneeled beside him. Her eyes shone with satisfaction.

-Try it.

Hoya didn't took the chopsticks and just ate with hands. Yejin was searching for any reactions in his face, but the man was just eating, wearing no expressions. She had to ask.

-How is it?

-Why are you worried so much to know I like it or not?

Another mental breakdown for Yejin. Hoya had made her disappointed as he added.

-Don't expect to me to say "It reminded me of my Mom's cooking." Because yours and hers are not comparable at all.

He pause three seconds.

-My Mom doesn't know how to cook, really.

So the guy was praising her cooking indirectly. The first good point.

-You know… you two… I mean you and Dongwoo are so different.

-No, we aren't. We both are honest and serious. There is only one different.

-What is it?

-He is so bright but I am dark.

He added another smirk. Yejin stood up and walked around the room. There was nothing there except two long benches, a CD player with big speakers, mirrors all over the place, and something that took her attention. A small photo on the wall. In the picture, teenage Hoya and Dongwoo were smiling happily. A gold thrapy was shining in their hands. There was some words written on the photo with black marker. "Summer 2004, Seoul Student Dance Champions"

Hoya joined her, standing by herside. She saw the dancer grined for the first time that night.

-We got that together. After that Dongwoo's family left Busan. He had to move to Seoul. We barely saw each other after that but we always talked, and his family took the chance to persuade him to forget about dancing. He kept on doing that until he had to move to Japan because of his father's bussiness. He called me and said he wanted to be a detective, and I just laughed at him.

-Why didn't you give up too?

-Because I was afraid of dying after that. You will die if you throw out your heart.

-I thought I would see many thropies and prizes here. There is nothing.

-They are too many to be used as tools of showing off. I keep them at home.

-What about this photo?

-That's my last memory of me and Dongwoo together. That's different.

Yejin turned to him. Their eyes met for a very long minute. Why did she saw just revenge in those eyes? She felt all the walls were coming to her, breaking down over her. She felt Hoya's hand on her arm and jumped at the sudden touch.

-It's time to go, Yejin-ah. I'll drive you home.

She blinked in confusion, then she nodded unconciously. Hoya got changed in the lockers and in a minute, they were on their way to Dongwoo's house. Not even a single word came out of their mouth. As they arrived, Yejin was getting off when Hoya got off too. He talked with a loud and bright voice, completely different from what she had seen at the studio.

-Thank you very much for the food Yejin-ssi. That was a very nice of you.

He even bowed. Poor Yejin was watching his strange behavior with wide eyes. He said goodbye and left. At the corner of the street was Myungsoo, standing and looking at her sister, wondering why Hoya was there.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

 

Woohyun was lying on his top bunk bed which he was given to stay in hospital. He didn't know how long he had been lying movelessly, thinking about what he had heard from Sunggyu on phone. His brother's voice repeated in his mind. "Guess what Woohyun-ah! The detective just called to say my brother seems to be alive. Isn't it great?"

Of course it wasn't great. At least it wasn't for Woohyun. From the first day, first moment Sunggyu had said he wanted to find his family, Woohyun had promised him and also himself to support the elder. He had reminded himself that Sunggyu had the right to know who he is. But when he heard his brother was going to hire a detective because he wasn't familiar with the official cases, it made Woohyun shiver at place. If Sunggyu himself was going to do the job, he might not find anything, but the detective would do the job perfectly. And that was what Woohyun always was afraid of. Afraid of Sunggyu to find his real family, his real brother. Maybe he was that selfish to want Sunggyu all for himself, but wasn't he Sunggyu's family, Sunggyu's brother, Sunggyu's only sibling? The elder might say he would never forget Woohyun as his younger brother but who would ignore his biological family and prefer a fake one? Yes, Woohyun felt he was fake.

-How much should I pay to disappear any evidance of hyung's family?

He murmered to himself.

-Will the detective accept if I say him not to find them? If I pay him two times as what hyung did!

-Shut up Nam Woohyun.

He got a kick from the bellow bunk where his rommate was sleeping. He ignored it and his left arm to face the wall.

It was all the "Lee brothers" fault. Woohyun was even so jealous of Sungyeol. He was fully aware of Sunggyu's hidden love for that tall stupid basketball player. He was angry that Hoya was the tall boy's brother who knew a detective that even moves to another country to get a case. And all these would never happen if Sungjong hadn't got to work on Moonlight with Sunggyu.

∞∞∞∞

 

Hey guys! Sorry to update late. I don't know why but there was some problems with my acc. Now it's fixed. Yay~

Have you watched Bad teaser? Great, isn't it?