Getting Close Carefully

He's Not A Bad Guy

The whole place was filled with different delicious smells. Sungjong has got his dinner in front of him not knowing where he should start eating.

-Don't stare at your food like that. It will disappear.

Said Sunggyu with his mouth full of rice.

-I guess you don't see well with those huge glasses on. Take them off to see how tasty they are.

-You should taste it to know if it's tasty not look at it.

Sungjong pick a spoon fool of rice and shove it into his mouth. Enjoying the taste of the food, he had another mouthful.

-Wow! Sungjong-ah, have you been starving? We have recording in half an hour. You will get sick.

-It reminds me of my mom's homemade foods. So tasty, so tasty.

Sunggyu stayed silent when the younger mentioned his parents. He and his brothers had left Busan to work in Seoul and send money for their family. It was only Sungyeol who had came to Seoul to play in KIA basketball team. They all were trying so hard for their parents and Sunggyu appreciated it so much.

-Still you have to stay alive. Eat slowly Sungjong.

Sungjong wore a very wide smile. The other co-workers joined them and had their meal together. Sungjong really ate so much. For a slender man who didn't usually overdo eating, that was not normal.

During the recording, Sungjong felt like something was scratching his stomach. He couldn't concentrate at all. He forgot to remind Sunggyu about the phone calls and SNS messages that made the PD so angry. When Sunggyu was talking to one of the listeners on the phone, Sungjong managed to go to the restroom. He felt dizzy and leaned on the rest room wall for a minute. A feeling of nausea came over him and he ran into one of the stalls to throw his dinner up. He was shouting in his mind about the amount of food he had forced himself to eat although he knew he couldn't get it.

Myungsoo heard some noises from one of the stalls near his but he didn't care. When he came out and stood facing the mirror, he noticed that someone was throwing up.

-Are the employees allowed to drink at work?

He murmered thinking a drunk man was in the rest room. Not a second later Sungjong came out of the stall bending over his stomach, unable to stand correctly on his feet. Myungsoo starred at him into the mirror. He was doubting whether to help the man or not. But he saw the younger was so pale and couldn't even open his eyes. Myungsoo turned to Sungjong and found him really sick, so he had to help him. Finally Sungjong lost his balance and faint, and it was Myungsoo who caught him just in time.

-Hey, hey you hear me?

He shook Sungjong but he didn't open his eyes nor he showed any reactions at all. Myungsoo had no other choice. The younger didn't seem drunk. He lifted Sungjong and took him to the building's entrance. Myungsoo wasn't a very athletic or a man with so much physical power but he didn't struggle to lift Sungjong as the younger was so light. After about 15 minutes the taxi that Myungsoo had taken in front of the building took them to the nearest hospital.

After the recording, Sunggyu left the studio but Sungjong was nowhere to be found. They usually gathered with the PD and other team members to review the program and check the next day's script. He asked if other stafs had seen Sungjong and they said the last time they had seen him was when he left for the restroom and his backpack and jacket was still there in the studio. It made Sunggyu worried and he called Sungjong's cellphone. At the moment Myungsoo was helping the nurses to take Sungjong to the ER room and he took Sungjong's cellphone but skipped the call.

When Sungjong opened his eyes, it he found himself in a room with white walls and lied on a bed which surely wasn't his. By looking around he noticed he was in a hospital room and someone was sitting by the bed on a chair. Myungsoo was checking his camera and didn't notice Sungjong.

-Excuse me… can I ask…

-Oh,you're awake?

Sungjong nodded his head.

-You fainted in the restroom and I found you, when I took you here they said it was because you has overdone eating… and you have a kind of allergy to those seaweeds you have eaten.

Sungjong just stared at the stranger man. He found Myungsoo so familiar but he was sure he hadn't seen him before.

-How did you find me? Do you work there too?

-I'm a freshman.

Said Myungsoo showing his camera. Suddenly, Sungjong remembered everything and the most important was the PD! He needed his cellphone. If he didn't inform the PD, he might loose his job.

-My cellphone... where is my cellphone?

Myungsoo gave it to Sungjong to immediately call the PD. Myungsoo decided to leave when he saw Sungjong was okay. He took his camera and went to the door.

-Wait, are you leving?

-You are alright now. The nurse said you can go home when the IV is finished. I don't have a car to drive you home. Call someone who can take you.

-No it's just... I just want to thank you.

Said Sungjong with a bright smile. Myungsoo smiled too.

-You don't have to. We are human beings after all!

-What is your name? Where do you work in MBC?

-Just call me L.

That was the only thing he said before leaving. Sungjong wanted to ask him more questions. He wanted to talk to him, saying anything, anything just to make stay for a little longer. But he was already gone. He wanted to go home, but he didn't have a car. He even didn't have his backpack and money to pay the hospital's bill. He didn't call Sungyeol because he knew his brother was too busy practicing till midnight so he made his mind to call Hoya. After 10 minutes, like a genie, Hoya appeared. His eyed were red-rimmed as a result of lack of sleep and he was wearing the trainers he always wore for dancing. He hadn't got enough time to change. Hoya ran to his maknae brother with concern. checking if he was okay.

-What happened to you Jong-ah?

-It's nothing hyung. I just forgot my body can't take so much food.

-Food? Are you okay now? Who did take you to ER?

-I'm fine now. One of my colleagues helped me. Don't worry hyung. Just let's go home.

Hoya still felt his heart was not beating. He couldn't breath normally because of the stress. He hugged Sungjong tightly. He wasn't sure why, but did it unconsciously.

-Hyung, I'm alive. You see?

-What would I say to our parents if something bad happens to you or Sungyeol? How can I repay it? You two followed me after I left our home.

-Hyung, you shouldn't blame yourself. Nothing bad is happening to us.

They left together to pay the bill but the nurse told them it was payed.

-Who payed it? The man who was with me?

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

 

Dongwoo was in front of the building. He was wearing different style of clothes than what he had worn when he met his client. When he worked with young people, he didn't mind putting on some casual clothes and sometimes he just wore a pair of jeans with a hoody, but as he was going to meet Sunggyu's parents, knowing they were not as young as their son and being aware of Korean parents' sensitive taste, he was wearing the suit his wife had bought him last night. Dongwoo hadn't been able to receive Sunggyu's trust in their first meeting and as he had talked to him on phone some times, he had noticed that the client wasn't fond of him that much, so he had to play the next game more carefully. Being a trustworthy person in Sunggyu's families eyes could make Sunggyu to trust Dongwoo and "Trust" was one of the most important factor in his life. Also, he could get the useful informations from the clients themselves, again if they trusted him.

Nam family live at the sixth floor of the "West Block." They welcomed him so warmly and talked so friendly to him. The father was a retired teacher who spent his time at his Restaurant. Dongwoo found that the art of cooking was something like a heritage in Nam family. All men had been trained to cook various kinds of foods and some of them were said to be so professional. Sunggyu and his younger brother were included in that project. Mr. Nam's wife had used to be a vocal trainer in church when she had been younger, by this Dongwoo discovered the two sons were good vocalists. Sunggyu's younger sibling, Nam Woohyun, was a resident physician who stayed at hospital most of the time. That caught Dongwoo's attention. When the parents in a family are both artists, its not unusual to hear that eldest son is a radio DJ that is not that irrelevant to the mother's specialty. But the youngest, who is actually the biological child in the family is a doctor. In Dongwoo's idea, this was something that really stood out.

He talked to all of them. Sunggyu was at home and so was Woohyun because it was weekend and Woohyun had got a day or two free days but the older brother was going to leave late in the afternoon and said he had some plans. As Dongwoo talked to the parents, Mr. Nam described how they had adopted Sunggyu as their own son.

-It was early in February. After Woohyun's 2nd birthday, we visited an orphanage near Seoul to give the children some gifts. We saw Sunggyu there. He had been taken there recently. The teachers there told us that his parents had died few months before in a horrible car accident. My wife insisted on taking him and that was how we accepted him as our elder son. He was about 3 years old then and could understand the situation. He barely remembered his house but he knew we weren't his parents. However he had treated us as his own parents and we had tried our best for him and Woohyun both. Now my wife and I are even happy that he tries to find more about his real family.

The next person Dongwoo talked to was Woohyun. The guy was so silent and didn't talk much until Dongwoo asked questions and his answers were too short like: "I don't know that much.", "I'm not sure", or "I don't think so."

-How do feel now that Sunggyu is trying to find more about his own family?

-I'm happy.

-Why?

-Because he has the right to know who he is.

Dongwoo nodded before saying:

-If you were in his place, what would you think you do?

-I don't know. Maybe I wouldn't do it.

-Why? You said he has the right to do it.

-Of course. But he has a family now, and this family is alive.

-Do you think he might have a relative or… I don't know… just someone?

Woohyun went silent for a second. He stared into Dongwoo's eyes straightly then opened his mouth.

-I don't know.

And Dongwoo could get nothing more from this guy.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

 

Sungjong was seated by Sunggyu's side with bottles of soda and popcorn in his arms. He looked a little nervous and kept looking around to maybe get a chance to see a sign of his brother or his teammates, but the teams hadn't enter the field yet. He looked at Sunggyu who was talking on phone with on of the producers about the next day's program. Sungjong couldn't wait more. He had been waiting for that match for so long. Sungyeol's coming late every night had made him more impatient to see the friendly games, and it was the first match of the season. Sungjong had waited for a new entertainment in his life and he was experiencing it now.

-Hyung, hyung, when are they coming out?

Sunggyu who was busy talking to his colleague, raised his index finger to his nose to say him be quiet.

-It's boring waiting here, when it gets started.

Sungjong mumbled to himself. He was thinking about writing the next script about the people who break their promises. He could feel the situation very well then.

-Give me the popcorn Jong-ah.

-Oh, you are done talking to that monster man? What did he say?

-He offered to to have a special edition for the next week.

-Special edition? So why didn't he talk to me first?

-He said he had talked about it to you before.

-No, he hasn't. I should call him later.

Suddenly the hall was filled with happy screams and cheering as the two teams entered. Sungjong could see Sungyeol in his blue clothes and the yellow sign around his left arm with "Captain" written on.

-Hyung, Sungyeol hyung! Look here. Here.

-What are you doing Lee Sungjong? How can he hear you through all this noise?

-But he must see I'm here for him. Hey, Sungyeol hyung! Here.

But of course his brother couldn't see him. He was busy tying his shoelaces when Sungjong noticed something.

-When did Sungyeol hyung dyed his hair?

Sunggyu looked at Sungyeol that had wore his long azure hair in a tiny ponytail. He smiled. It seemed cute to him. It suited Sungyeol.

-Are you laughing hyung? He has dyed his hair again. Again, and I guess he has done it just today.

-It's beautiful Jong-ah. He is the captain after all. It helped him to stand out more.

-No it just makes the girls to bother us more. They will come shouting "Lee Sungyeol marry me" or "Oppa you're so handsome." The neighbours will blame us again.

His analysis made Sunggyu laugh hard.

-But their right. He's handsome.

-If course he is. That's why I am so handsome and good-looking as his brother!

During the match, the place was filled with any kinds of sound and cheering but Sunggyu had to control Sungjong whenever his brother scored. The boy went crazy seeing his brother shine on top and screamed form top of his lungs.

-That's my brother. Lee Sungyeol is the best. KIA fighting! He.Is.My.Brother!

Sunggyu was a little ashamed of Sungjong's fearless reactions but he couldn't resist noticing how cute the boy was. He laughed at how different Sungjong could act in different situations. The person who writes so seriously about what people go through in their life is the little boy who can't take his excitement covered for his family. At the end, KIA win the game by 92-85 and Sunggyu just gave up making an effort to keep Sungjong on the seat. He made a lot of noise that Sungyeol finally noticed their presence there. He waved them a "Hello" or maybe a "Thank you" whatever they preferred. The team were going to celebrate their first win together and Sungyeol wasn't given a chance to spend the night with the two. Actually Sunggyu was a little sad because it was the only chance to see Sungyeol. The other matches were going to be held at nights and Sunggyu was at work then. They leaved to MBC. Sunggyu drove home at 12:30 and he didn't talk much the rest of night to his family. He made the excuse of tiredness and just went to bed. At 1:45 he heard his cellphone's vibration on the desk. The contact name on the screen showed Sungyeol's name.

-Sunggyu hyung, I hope you weren't asleep.

-No I was wide awake.

-Ah, that's good then.

-Congrats. You won the first game. You were amazing, Captain.

-Thanks. I saw you there with Jong. Thanks for coming. It was the first time you coming to watch the game.

-And I'm afraid it's the last time. The other games are when we are recording for "Moonlight."

-Oh that's okay. You are a busy man after all.

Sunggyu took a very deep breath before saying.

-But the fans manage to see their stars every time possible.

-Fan? Are a fan hyung?

Sunggyu grew silent not knowing what to say.

-Are you really a fan?

-What do you want me to be?

This time Sungyeol was quiet. Should he say what he really wished for? He wasn't sure.

-I'll be whatever you want me to be Sungyeol-ah.

∞∞∞

 

 

Hey! I hope you enjoy reading this chap. I will post the fic twice a week since today. Thanks again for the single sub and dear Sasofy, thanks for staying with me each chapter commenting. I hope you like the fic till the end.

Love you all♥♥♥