The First Steps

He's Not A Bad Guy

He was dreaming the same dream. As Myungsoo could remember, this dream was always with him like a shadow. He could remember the first time he experienced that. He was just a high school student in Tokyo. In his dream, he saw a hand holding his hand firmly so he could feel the safety and peace. The hand was so warm and the fingers were completely wrapped around his wrist. Myungsoo couldn't see the face of the person beside him because of the blinding light there but he heard his voice once that said: "Don't be afraid. You're safe now."

Myungsoo reached for the owner of the voice's face but every time he was awaked before touching it.

-Lee Myungsoo! Wake up cutie, we're going out.

Myungsoo growled and moved in his bed, opening an eye slightly.

-For God's sake noona! We have move here just yesterday and you want to go out already? And I think I had told not to call me cutie, kitty, myungie and so!

Yejin smirked when she put her hand on her hips and said.

-Okay cutie, I'll never call you kitty, myungei!

-NOONA!!

-We're late enough. Hurry up getting changed. We should be at MBC by 11.

As his sister said, they headed to MBC building. Yejin talked to the guards asking which floor they could meet Mr. Han, whom had invited them. They got to enter the office after ten minutes of waiting. When they entered, a fat middle-aged man was waiting for them there. The office was a little small and Myungsoo was thinking if the size of office was large enough for a fat man like what he was looking at.

-Take a seat please. Sorry if you had to wait. There was some problem to be handled.

-Not at all and it wasn't that long.

Said Yejin. Myungsoo smirked at his sister's lie. They talked about Yejin's job as MBC magazine's reporter. And they discussed about what they had agreed in the contract.

-We have never worked revealing our names to public. In every vol. we have been called as Ailee and L. The reason was some problems we had in japan and we are not going to reveal our real names to public in Korea either.

-Do you to work together?

Yejin rose a brow and said.

-I had mentioned it in the contract before. I don't work with any other photographer. And my brother's work has been praised as a professional photographer for many fashion magazines in Tokyo.

The way she talked about Myungsoo made the director speechless. He accepted her request about working with Myungsoo without any excuse.

The director took the siblings to introduce the to the other staffs in MBC magazine. During the time they spent at the department Myungsoo was all silent except when they were passing the cafe in front of the studios. He heard some men talking and laughing a little loudly. Myungsoo took a closer look. There were a young man wearing glasses and a younger one with long light brown hair who was taller than the older, both holding cups of coffee and people who were crossing the hallway greeted them warmly. Myungsoo's curiosity was noticed by the director.

-I guess you are not familiarized with MBC programs yet. Those two men you see there are the most famous team in MBC radio. Their night edition program is so popular.

And pointed to the huge banner near the cafe. Myungsoo could see their photos and the lines printed on the banner saying: "Nam Sunggyu's Moonlight, at 9 PM." The director kept on.

-Nam Sunggyu is the DJ and Lee Sungjong is the script writer. I believe they had been the best team I've had in MBC.

Myungsoo was still looking at the men with a blank gaze. He didn't know why, but there was something forcing him to stay there even it was for hours. There was something special about those men.

∞∞∞∞

 

Sunggyu was nervous. No, too nervous. He just got to the restaurant Hoya had mentioned to meet that detective. He still didn't know if it was right to do it. He still wasn't sure if he had any family. He stopped, right in front of the restaurant door. It was 7:15 PM and he was already fifteen minutes late.

-Be a man Nam Sunggyu! You won't regret it.

And he walked in, trying to look calm. Hoya immediately saw him at the front door and waved his hand. Sunggyu headed to Hoya who was being accompanied by a man supposed to be the detective. Sunggyu took a close look at the man. He was young, with short brown hair. He was wearing a khaki sport coat with black jeans. Everything in his appearance showed him he was so ambitious. They shook hands and Hoya introduced them to each other. Sunggyu noticed that Hoya mentioned that man, known as Jang Dongwoo, as his best friend ever that had been living in Japan with his wife.

-Now Nam Sunggyu-ssi, please explain the situation so that I can take notes.

-Yes... Actually as you may know I lost my parents in a car accident when I was three years old and I was taken to an orphanage after that. After a while staying there, I was adopted by a family whom I live with know. That was the time I was seperated from my baby brother.

Sunggyu took off his glasses and looked at his hands, took a deep breath and closed his eyes while saying.

-Maybe it's too late but I'm looking for him. There is no problem with my family... "Nam" family but I just want to meet my blood-related family member.

Dongwoo who had been listening carefully, leaned forward and talked in a friendly way.

-Sunggyu-ssi, sorry but can you please look into my eyes when you talk to me?

Sunggyu raised his head in disbelief. Didn't this guy believe his words? He didn't trust him? What the hell!

-And you wish to see your brother.

Reassured Dongwoo. Even Hoya could see how annoyed Sunggyu was from the look of his eyes.

-You don't believe me? You think I'm that stupid to play games like this? Do you think it's a game?

-I didn't say anything. I know what you are annoyed from, but I need my clients to look into my eyes while talking. I didn't mean to insult you. It's just my work.

Dongwoo was so calm, Sunggyu so restless, and Hoya so nervous about what would happen next. Then Sunggyu became still and relaxed but not that much. He tried to, but he couldn't help his messed mind. Dongwoo asked him to fill up some ordinary papers and they talked more and of course Sunggyu didn't forget to look into Dongwoo's eyes. It was already 8:45 when Sunggyu received an emergency call from Sungjong saying the PD was going out of his mind as it was only 15 minutes to their recording. Sunggyu remembered he should have been at studio by then so he left the restaurant at once. Although Dongwoo was calm, Hoya was so confused. He didn't except the meeting to turn this way. It was their first impression.

-It's okay Hoya.

-What just happened?

-Don't worry it's no problem. This guy is so sensitive and that's because he's not sure of what is going to happen to him.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

 

He was drying his hair with hair-dryer. The black bangs covered his forehead and flew every time he shook the hair-dryer. A low noise had filled the room as someone opened the door. It was Sungyeol in his t-shirt and baggy pants, his brunet hair was ruffled and his eyes were sleepy. A sudden yawn left his mouth.

-Are you still awake?

-Uhmm.

-Are you leaving soon?

-Uhumm.

Sungyeol came closer and took the hair-dryer.

-Let me do it for you. it takes hours if you do it yourself. You might wake Sungjong.

He began shaking and moving his brother's hair holding the hair-dryer with the other hand.

-Are you my lover or what? Drying my hair?

-Do you want to be my lover?

Sungyeol said smirking.

-Then what would Nam Sunggyu be?

-Oh hyung, really!

-I'm right, aren't I?

Sungyeol said nothing. Hoya looked at him in the mirror, still waiting to get an answer, but Sungyeol was completely ignoring him.

-Yah, Lee Sungyeol! Answer me.

-There is nothing to say hyung.

-I don't think so.

Sungyeol turned off the dryer and put it in Hoya's hands patted his shoulder and said.

-Do it by yourself. I'm going to bed.

-Okay okay! Don't get angry.

He took Sungyeol's arm to stop him to go and forced him to sit on the bed.

-Who is this Sunggyu anyway?

-Sungjong's colleague. The radio DJ.

Sungyeol lied on the bed and said in a low voice.

-There is nothing between us, really.

-But I think he has some feelings for you. He even shows it sometimes.

Sungyeol closed his eyes and smiled.

-Sungyeol-ah!?

-Sunggyu hyung is just a fan of mine.

Hoya lied on the bed next to the younger, facing the ceiling. Sungyeol opened an eye and smiled proudly. Hoya looked back and Sungyeol bit his lower lip. It made Hoya more curious. He raised his eyebrows waiting for Sungyeol to speak up.

-He is a very reliable hyung to me.

-Are you his fan?

Hoya teased this brother and got nothing as an answer. It made him so amazed.

-I didn't know you love him this much!

-Stop it hyung. I said there's nothing between us.

Sungyeol received a weak fist into his gut from Hoya who said nothing anymore. Instead he led Sungyeol sleep on his bed.

 

∞∞∞

Hi chingoos. Here was the 2nd chapter. Thanks for reading. I must also thank for your subscribings and comment. Hope you keep reading and commenting.

The story has just started. It'd be better chapter by chapter. I'll do my best. Tomorrow Sunggyu is going to music bank and Infinite will comeback to us before INFINITE EFFECT. I'm so excited and hope we all enjoy it together.

Love love ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥