Finally

He's Not A Bad Guy

-So, you've been in Hokkaido all this time?

-Yeah.

Dongwoo leaned back crossed-arm and looked into Myungsoo's eyes.

-You should have said where you were. You don't know how hard was it for your mother hearing nothing about you for almost four months.

Myungsoo was upset. Considering Dongwoo's words, he knew he had overacted a bit.

-I miss mom. Should I go home tomorrow, hyung?

-Of course you should, you stupid boy! She's been waiting for you every day and night.

Myungsoo nodded sadly. He had used to live at his sister's house instead of his parent's even before going to Seoul and suddenly finding out his true identity. Now he needed his family. The people who loved him even more than themselves. And he knew he had those people were still by his side.

-You know, at first I wanted to stay there forever. I felt betrayed. I was thinking I was right. I was alone to think as much as I wished.

He looked up at Dongwoo before adding.

-I ran away like a coward. I thought I was free. Everything would be better without others beside me. And it took so long to see myself too helpless... like looking at mirror but see another person there.

Dongwoo nodded in understanding.

-That's when you ask yourself 'Now what?' It didn't solve anything. So I decided to come back and deal with the truth.

Dongwoo laughed quietly and ruffled the boy's hair. How much he missed this cute good boy. Myungsoo still had thing's to say.

-I'm publishing a book hyung.

-What? Do you? What kind of book?

-That kind of books which proves how much you learned, and how much you care.

-Wow! Myungsoo-ah, you've grown up so much. Now you speak the way that even your hyung doesn't understand.

Dongwoo's compliment resulted in the young boy to show off his beautiful dimples just with a simple smile.

-What did you think? I may be young, but not a fool!!

-Oh? It sounds so familiar. I'm sure I've heard it before.

Myungsoo stood up and picked up his luggage and guitar case.

-Right, it's not mine. Goodnight hyung.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

 

It was still cold when he left his room to make breakfast. Without even washing his face, Sungjong began cooking. He yawned and tried to open his eyes as wide as he could. He hadn't slept the last night. His brother had returned from Busan and he spent the whole night talking to him. Asking him about his condition, about their parents, everything. He thought he was dying of happiness since Sungyeol was able to take the surgery now. Their hard work and patience had resulted, finally they had the money. Although Sungyeol was so ashamed of not being able to do anything while his brothers were struggling for his life, he had come back with Sunggyu and was preparing himself to go to hospital.

-What are you making Jong?

-Aish~ hyung! I almost burned my finger. When did you come here out of blue?

Sungyeol was smiling happily, amazing the younger even more. Sungjong's heart was pounding, his brother was smiling after who-knows-how-long. So whom should he thank? Sunggyu, Hoya, or Sungyeol himself? He looked at the elder's hair, it was barely azure now but still long. Now he could use his crutches properly. His stubborn brother had changed and he didn't know if it was good. Instead he prayed the up coming operation go well. He needed Sungyeol's smile.

 

Sitting at his desk and doing nothing was something unusual for scriptwriter Lee Sungjong, though he was experiencing this unusual. He finished his meeting with the producers about second season of 'Moonlight'. One of the PDs had offered them to replace a new host, making Sungjong uneasy enough to have a big quarrel with him. His own words were still floating in his mind: "Don't ever thing of disbanding Moonlight team. If you are looking for anyone except Nam Sunggyu, you must also look for a new scriptwriter. 'Moonlight' owns its fame to Nam Sunggyu."

Imagining how cool he might have seemed to the others made him giggle silently. Yeah, he was the youngest writer at the whole MBC building, and of course the smartest one.

-Lee Sungjong-ssi, these are yours I think.

Said a young lady, putting a bunch of letters on Sungjong's desk. He checked the envelopes, and there were two that stood out. The first was from a publication which had offered him to compose a teen manga along with some other authors. As Sungjong was so in need of money for Sungyeol's surgery, he was paid before finishing the project. He called them to say he was finished with the story and politely offered them to accept Sungyeol to take care of its illustration. Sungjong was sure his brother would do it perfectly as he had done it all his life. Sungyeol had been distracted from it after being chosen as KIA's captain, but Sungjong had noticed his brother has started this art again since he was injured, so why wouldn't he find him a job to draw as much as he wanted!

The second letter was not actually a letter, but an invitation. He read it carefully.

"L's Bravo Viewtiful"

-Oh?

"Midas Publication invites Mr. Lee Sungjong for Photographer L's first photo essay book ceremony."

Sungjong's eyes were three times bigger as always. When he had opened the letter, he had thought it was another offer from the publishers but it turned out to be an invitation to meet Myungsoo.

-Is he back?... wow... what should I do now?

He was checking his calendar as he heard a loud sound. He looked up and saw Sunggyu standing by his own desk. The books he was carrying had fallen off from his grip and a similar invitation was in his hand.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

 

-Hey, Hyun! Are you coming? We're going down for lunch.

-Lunch? Already? Are we done with the project Dr. Moon said?

-Project is almost done. We do it till night. Come on my Hyun, oh?

Woohyun rubbed the sleep away from his eyes and left his shared office with Kibum to have lunch. As he had been working since the night before, he wasn't able to keep his eyes open. Kibum held his arm and dragged him out. As they were walking the hallways Kibum kept talking about some stupid stuffs, too stupid to attract the lazy Woohyun's attention. They were passing the reception when Kibum pissed off.

-Are you listening to me, Hyun?

-Oh? Of course... I'm listening.

-So why don't you answer when I ask you questions?

-Questions? What questions?

-Aish~ you pabo tree!

Said Kibum shaking Woohyun like a crazy. Woohyun tried to go off of his grip and pulled back himself quickly which resulted in loosing his balance. He just noticed it the moment he hit a random man by the reception, filling up some papers.

-Ah, sorry sir. I didn't mean to. I was just...

-I know. I know.

Said the man and went back on his papers. The young doctor didn't get the chance to say anything but he saw the man's pen moving on the papers and writing "Lee Howon".

 

Woohyun was busy till night, so he didn't get to call Sunggyu. The elder was coming there for Sungyeol's surgery. He had promised Sunggyu to meet him before the operation.

-Are you done Hyun?

Woohyun's best friend ruffled his hair lovingly.

-You've worked hard my Hyun!

-I must go give it to Dr. Moon now.

-I'll do it. You can go to your brother. I saw him here an hour ago.

Woohyun stretched his arms and yawned. Nodding adorably he walked out.

It was his first time meeting Sungyeol. He had already knew the man as a celebrity but never met him in person. Woohyun stopped at door No.226 and knocked his finger on it. He entered quietly to just find Sungyeol alone laying on the bed and do something probably sketching. Sungyeol looked up and greeted him in a polite manner.

-Lee Sungyeol-ssi?

-Yes.

Said Sungyeol and stopped what he was busy with.

-Sorry but the doctor was here just a minute ago.

-That's not it... I... I'm Woohyun.

Sungyeol's eyes widened and he gasped in surprise. He sat up nervously while saying.

-Ah~ so sorry. I should have guessed sooner.

Woohyun took a look at his white gown. The young man's shyness made him uncomfortable too.

-Sunggyu... hyung left to the reception... a moment ago, I mean.

Sungyeol offered Woohyun to take a seat. Both were in silence and they didn't say much for some minutes untill Sunggyu and Sungjong returned. Sungjong who was close with Woohyun began joking and mood making while another man entered the room. It wasn't hard for Woohyun to recognize him as he had saw him only a few hours ago. The man didn't take a look at Woohyun nor did he say a thing.

-Hoya hyung, this is Sunggyu hyung's brother.

So that Lee Howon person was actually Hoya. Hoya, the dancing machine. That was what came to Woohyun's mind. Hoya starred into his eyes directly then bowed his head, and he was standing far enough to avoid hand shaking.

-I'm Nam Woohyun. Nice to meet you.

Unlike Sungyeol who became so nervous, his brother was so cold and dark, making the others uneasy.

-When is the operation hyung?

Asked Woohyun instead.

-At 12. Sungyeol must be ready till then.

Sungjong who was unpacking something asked.

-Woohyunie hyung, are you going to take part in the operation? Ah~ as Hoya hyung and Yeol hyung may not know, Woohyunie hyung is an anesthesiologist.

The maknae smiled brightly after giving the information.

-No, Jong-ah. I'm not qualified that enough yet.

Sunggyu patted the younger's shoulder before saying.

-Are you sick? You look so pale.

-Ah hyung, really! I am the doctor here, and you want take care of me?

He excused himself and left the room. Sunggyu was right, he needed to sleep. The Lee brothers were all quiet doing nothing now. Sungjong sat on the bed beside Sungyeol picking up the sketches.

-It's really nice to have brothers. I feel it two times more.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

 

Walking back and forth, not being able to control the fear, praying since the operation had begun was how Hoya felt. He looked around. Sungjong was dozing off but still he tried to stay awake by keeping moving in his chair. Sunggyu was standing with his back against the wall. They all were wondering that "Will Sungyeol be okay?"

Woohyun also came for ten minutes or even less although he didn't have to. It was nothing but Hoya was grateful. He saw Sungjong get a call from his PD and walking away to answer it. Sunggyu had also left to take coffees and Hoya was alone with Woohyun when the surgeon came out.

-Lee Howon-ssi?

-Ye... yes?

-No need to worry anymore. Your brother is alright.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

 

-You're awake?

Sungyeol asked beaming happily. Hoya covered his face with both hands hiding his sleepy eyes. He rested his head on Sungyeol's shoulder and closed his eyes again.

-Hey, are sleeping again?

-Hdrfhkhvf.

-What? What is it supposed to be?

-I said I'm not.

Sungyeol tried to move the elder but Hoya was determined not to let him.

-Yah! You know your heavy, don't you? I want to go to bathroom.

-Tchvdwecjjuot.

-What the hell are you saying Hoya?

He started beating Hoya with his sketchbook and succeeded to set himself free.

-Ah~ let me sleep Yeol-ah.

-Not on the sofa in front of TV. I'm going to watch KIA's match.

Hoya sat up lazily. His tired eyes were fixed on his brother's face when he asked.

-You still follow them?

Sungyeol nodded adorably.

-Just quitting the team doen't change anything.

-But I thought you hate them.

-I do. That's why I follow them.

And he received a considering smile from his brother.

-Ah, I almost forgot. Jong said he's coming home sooner tonight.

Hoya picked up Sungyeol's sketchbook, turning pages.

-Is he alone?

-Of course. Whom should he be with?

-I mean, Sunggyu hyung...

-Don't mention him please Hoya.

The elder laughed at the younger's childishness. So his brother still avoided Sunggyu.

-Are you laughing now? At me?

-Your really childish!

Said Hoya keep laughing.

-I'm not. What's the problem with me dyeing my hair? I want to dye it.

-Try to understand. He doesn't like it.

-But I like it.

Hoya shook his head in frustration.

-I can't believe it. You've really changed since you're discharged from hospital. Now you fight over these kind of minor isses with your supposed-to-be-favorite hyung.

-I hate him.

-But you follow the people you hate.

Sungyeol froze. Actually Hoya was right. Sungyeol was going to give up at the end. He sighed with understanding, took his sketchbook from Hoya and began drawing again.

-What are you drawing all of a sudden?

-A poor young man who sacrifices himself for his supposed-to-be-favorite hyung.

-Sacrifice??

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

 

Nam Woohyun was strolling through the shopping mall. As he walked to the clothing center, a girl group song was being played. Although he didn't know the singer, he enjoyed the bright and playful music. The pretty worker ladies greeted him asking if they could help but he smiled preferring to search for what he wanted on his own. He tried but it was just wasting time. Nothing seemed good enough. He finally fished out his cellphone calling impatiently.

-Hmmm?

-Hmmm? Shouldn't you say 'Hello'?

-Why should I when I know it's you?

-Never mind. Where are you now?

-At home. Lying on the sofa with Sungyeol who is not allowing me to sleep.

-Home? I thought you're at work.

-I'm off for a week.

Woohyun sighed looking around.

-I'm going to buy something for Sunggyu hyung's birthday but I don't know what to buy.

-Just buy him a shirt.

-I'm exactly at the place but I find nothing good.

-Woohyun-ah, you have an amazing voice. Why don't you just sing for him.

-It's not like he's my lover! If you're not going to help just hang up.

Hoya half shouted annoyed:

-Ah~ I don't know. I just want to sleep. Why everyone is bothering me? I haven't slept for two nights working like a robot at studio.

And the call was dead. Woohyun looked at the screen shocked, as if he could see Hoya's face in it.

-Wow, Busan men are really dangerous!

 

The moment Sungjong walked in he heard Sungyeol cheering on something and Hoya shouting angrily at someone. He tip-toed quietly to the livingroom and peeped his head in watching the mess. He waited till they both were calm and carefully went near.

-Oh Jong, you're home?

Said Hoya tiredly. The younger nodded before asking.

-Who were you shouting at?

-It's nothing. Woohyun was asking what to give his brother for his birthday, and I didn't know.

Sungyeol turned to them quickly. He was puzzled for a few seconds then screamed in his dolphin style.

-Ah~ right. Tomorrow is his birthday. I completely forgot. What should I do now?

Sungjong giggled and went to take a shower.

-Why don't you just sing for him, Yeol?

Sungyeol also left, ignoring Hoya to find a way for tomorrow.

-That's what happens to you when you follow the people you hate, Lee Sungyeol.

Muttered Hoya who was left alone. He turned the TV off and tried to sleep. He was really tired but seeing their life had turned back to what it used to be, made him smile in satisfaction. When he lost his own dance studio, he thought nothing would make him happy after that. He was only thinking about Sungyeol's condition. Now he was free with time to take a rest, to spend his days with his family and friends, and his brothers were both fine too. Sometimes he thought he was like a father to them, watching his children grow in healthily peace.

The last time he had talked to Dongwoo, the elder had touched his heart. The two had been each other's first and last friends ever. Staying together even when Dongwoo left for Japan and got married. Now Dongwoo was asking him to change his life.

"You're really dark, Howon-ah, so lonely. Just spending your nights and days worrying for others doesn't make you glad. Don't hesitate to make friends. Enjoy your life sometimes just doing nothing. You are not responsible for everything that happens. When you're always like that, it would be expected from you."

It didn't take that long for him to meet Woohyun. At first Woohyun wasn't someone special but after a while Hoya found him a sincere and loyal friend and he was going to enjoy his life with his new friend.

-Hoya hyung, I'm starving!

Only if those two boys led him take a nap on his day off.

 

∞∞∞

 

I gonna post the last chapter now. Please check the next update in a minute.