Chapter 8

Going Crazy (Hiatus)

 The lights are off when I enter the apartment. I feel a breeze of relief pass trough me. I really don't want to see the gus tonight, especailly after coming home from a meeting with TS Entertainment. My feet slip out of the Nike running shoes and then are placed on one of the bottom racks in the shoe stand. Cautiously, I make my way through the corridor, trying not to make too much noise. It won't be nice for them to wake up and find one of their currently, most despised people being the source of racket. When I reach the entrance to my destination, my heart takes a slight leap when my eyes see that there is light leaking out through the cracks of the door. The lights are on... That means Dj Tiz is probably awake and occupying the room at the moment. My hand hesitates at first but then finally places itself on the door knob and fastens a grip on it. After taking a deep breath, I allow my hand to turn it and pull it until the door open's enough for my body to fit through. "I was starting to think that you would never come back tonight," the voice of DJ Tiz is carried through the distance from the closet to where I'm standing. In front of the mirror that's attached to the closet door, he stands, shirtless and toweling off his soaking hair.

 "What time is it?" is the only response that my mind can come up with. In fact, theres many things I want to say to him but the situation right now is too awkward to speak my mind. These days, I find myself coming home late more often than usual. Now that I think about it, this new habit is probably due to the uninviting atmosphere at this so called home. Maybe that's why I wasn't so annoyed about taking the girl to her house. She just served as an excuse to avoid my "Bros." However, I'm really not sure where our relationship stands anymore at this point. I mean, Maslo, Csp, and DJ Tiz cooled down a bit about my decision to join TS Entertainment. However, when I'm with the three of them, all that can be heard is the sound of the TV buzzing on and on. From time to time, one of them would say something to me, but usually only when it's mandatory. The only one who has been cutting me some slack is DJ Tiz. 

 "It's already past 12:30, where were you all this time?"

 "Some weird stuff happened on my way", I say as I place my coat on the hook behind the door and then walk in. 

 "Oh..." he responds in a tone that makes me turn around and look him in the eye.                      

 "Is there something you have to tell me?" I ask. Something about the way he looks away from my gaze gets to me.

 "What is it? Spit it out." He silently stalls time as he puts on a red shirt. "Tell me, what's got you're tongue??"

 "Why didn't you tell me?" he asks, looking down.

 "Tell you what?" he's got me searching through the things I haven't told him. Well, there's many things that have accumulated through the cold shoulder that I've been receiving. But what could be so important that he's broken through the cold shoulder just to ask me about it?

 "That... Look, there was a phone call for you today," he starts off.

 "Yeah, and what about it?"

 "It was from the hospital..." Hospital?... It can't be the one that my mom is in, can it?

  He continues on, "The nurse told me to leave you a message about you're mother..." Suddenly, he looks up and stares me dead in the eye, "Why didn't you tell me that you're in such a bad situation?"

 I'm caught off guard by his sudden outburst that I just stand still for a a second, not knowing what to say.

 Trying to use a more gentle tone, he repeats, "Why didn't you tell me all this time?"

 "Why, why did the nurse call here?" I counter his question with my own. Yeah, why did the nurse call through this phone number and cause him to find out? Of course the nurse didn't mean any harm but I feel anger toward her for some reason.

 "You weren't picking up so she used an emergency contact."  

 "Oh" I reply as realization hits me. The constant vibrations that could be felt inside my pants pocket were all along, calls from the hospital. Nevertheless, I let myself neglect them for my mind was too focused on capturing the escaping girl. I feel like slapping myself... Why didn't I just take a brief pause in running to simply take out my cell phone? If my body can feel it vibrating for so long, shouldn't I have realized that it must be urgent? It wasn't  even necessary to bring justice to the harmless girl. I shouldn't have given the matter more importance over what would be, a significant phone call.

 "Is that all you can say?" suddenly, he storms over to me and then fastens both his hands on my two shoulders. "Why'd you keep it to yourself?! We would have understood."

 "I don't want pity..." I inform him, trying not to look away. If I do, this will show weakness. I won't break down, I make my brain understand. Because of my determination to stay strong, I haven't thought about his feelings. Unintentionally, my words have inflicted pain because his angered expression transforms into a hurt one. He releases his grip on my shoulders.

 "Wait, " I call back for him.

 He's looking down at his feet again. "I didn't mean for my concern to come out as pity to you. But you could have at least let us know about this, bro". Bro. He called me bro. To think that out of everything he had just said, this mere, one word - no make that half of a  word - is the only thing that has struck me with significance.

 "Dj Tiz..." I utter out.

 He takes a deep breath before saying, "Sorry." Wasn't he mad at me just now? He is still looking down but I can tell from his tone of voice that he is indeed being sincere.

 "What are you sorry about?" I ask in wonder. 

 "Don't act like you don't know. I've been ignoring you all this time. Mad and treating you like dirt while through the whole time, you're suffering. I should have known that you would have a good reason for leaving our long time band to become an idol."

 Part of me feels grateful for his now cooled down temper but guilt strikes me. He shouldn't be the only one who's sorry. "Nah, it's okay bro. I should be sorry for not telling you."

 "Alright, but do you know how bad I feel now? Real friends comfort one another during bad times. But us... We just gave you crap. Why didn't you tell us though? If you did, we wouldn't have misjudged you like that." This is a question that I'm having trouble myself, answering. Was it really because I don't want  pity or I don't feel comfortable speaking about it?

 He feels my hesitation and helps me out by saying,"Whatever, you don't have to answer. All that matters is that we're cool now, right bro?" Then, he breaks out in a slight smile and extends his hand out.

 "Yeah, BRO" I reply and take his hand so we can slam our shoulders into each other. Before he lets go of me from the half "hug", he whispers in my ear, "Don't worry. I won't tell anyone." That's all we say to each other before turning off the lights. He gets into bed while I climb up to the top bunk with a heart that is now at ease. I stare up at the ceiling as thoughts swim through my head. We've been friends since childhood but never has our relationship felt so strong.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

There's more bromance than romance so far -,- but don't worry, i got some romance in store too =)