Chapter 15

Going Crazy (Hiatus)

 

We’re both looking into each other’s eyes, sizing each other up. I must with no doubt look profoundly stupid right now… With the uttermost surprise written all over my face, I can’t take my gaze off the unexpected guest.  Self consciousness takes over and makes me want to run away.  Yet, at the same time, I want to know what’s going on in his mind. Somehow, while being the focus of that creepy stare… I can still take note of the signs of distress in his gaze.
Finally, the uncomfortable silence comes to an end when he says, “Jieun…”
How can a voice that makes my body flinch at the mere sound of it be able to come off sounding so agonized?  Like he’s hurting inside… I feel like taking him into my arms and telling him, ‘It's okay’ But what's okay? Why does he look like this in the first place? Wait, why is he even here?
Suddenly, my conscious takes note of an unusual hammering occurring in my heart. Why is the time between each beat decreasing? Shouldn't the rate at which my heart beats slow down after an exercise session is over? Then why is it –
Oh snap. This is the same type of heart beat from last night... The one that caused me to fall weak to my knees... I need to cut off our connection before that happens again. With a short, swift, jerk of my head, the invisible electricity shooting out between us is split. I need to get out of here before my heart has an overload.
With my head still down and my fingers gripping fast to my tote bag, I start awkwardly scrambling for the exit which is behind him. Yong Guk must have thought that I was heading towards him because when my feet rushpast his body, the shuffling sound of his feet rotating enters my ears instantly. "Where are you going?"  
"Somewhere."
Apparently, my answer isn't good enough for him because he continues on questioning, "Where somewhere?"
"I don't know..." I deliver another meaningless response. I really don't know where... But as long as it's away from him, I'm good.
"What do you mean you don't know?"  He isn't satisfied.
A brief silence passes, with him waiting for me to say something back and me not saying anything until he finally can't bare it any longer. "Why aren't you answering? Huh? Why did you come out by yourself when you have a fever?"
"What's it to you?!" I want to murder this guy. What's it to him if I go outside or not? Huh? Why is he acting like this?
"What's it to me? You leave all these people worried and now you're asking, 'what's it to me?'" he retorts in a tone not to my liking. Is it the bitterness in his voice that's making my heart sink?
"Huh?" I utter while taking a 180 degrees rotation until we are face to face. Well, actually, I'm staring at his chest, not meeting his eyes, knowing that it will only make it harder for me to speak, and continue on, "People?"
"Yes, people!" the sharpness in Yong Guk’s voice makes my chin lift up by itself, along with my gaze. I'm gaping up at him, taken back by his sudden outburst. His eyes are striking mine, making me want to go crawl in a hole. I have never felt this fierce side of him before... "You think I came all this way and searched for you for hours for fun? Your band members are on edge and worried, wondering where you are. You could have at least called and told us where you went. Why make us worry?!" The unexpected, harsh words from him are like a jab to my heart. The words are still busy sinking in, making me unable to form my own words.
I'm such a bad person... How could I selfishly not think about the others? Why didn't I at least leave a note of some sort?
"What, lost for words?" he bitterly questions. He's looking at me like I'm some repulsive, loathsome, selfish . This side of him… I’ve never seen before… It’s scaring me… I can't talk... It's too difficult to try even establishing a comeback with my mind terribly fuzzy like this. The hysteria gets worse when to my dismay; I start feeling water forming in my eyes. Oh no. Why now? I can't let him see the teardrops rolling down my cheek. I won't let him...
Before the tears start to slip from my eyes, I turn back around and bolt, making a break for the exit. I know that these actions are going to make me look like a wimp, but I don't want him or anyone in fact, to catch sight of a pathetic me.
"Wait, don't leave!" I hear him call after me. I don't care and continue carrying out my escape.
My daring, unplanned escape comes to a halt when someone grabs my left elbow from behind. "Don't run away from me," the deep voice which has turned a bit normal again beckons. He’s caught up to me. I am unable to move forward, with him gripping me like this, halting me in my tracks. The tears are about to almost completely lose their clutch on my eye sockets, making a burst of panic fog up my mind.
‘You won't succeed in making me weak to my knees next time. YOU GOT THAT?!’
The fierce words that I told the imaginary Bang Yong Guk comes back to me. I can't let him continue like this... I won't let him succeed in making me collapse...
Suddenly, surprising not only him but myself as well, I hear myself shriek, "GET OFF ME!" as I turn around, still trying to shake his hand off my arm. I take my free, right arm and pull it back, with my hand enclosed in a fist. My fist gains power as it heads toward his stomach. The grip of his hand on my arm is finally released when my fist lands in his tummy.
While he is still trying to come back to his senses, I make a dash for it. From the corner of my eye, I can make out an astonished expression plastered on Yong Guk’s face. There are muffled shouts behind me but the exact words don't register in my mind. I really don’t care much about that, since my greatest desire is to be far away from him right now. These impatient tears of mine have already begun to fall.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 Sorry guys for such such a late update... =( After more than 2 weeks too... =( Sorry =( I feel so guilty. But shoutout to Southwest (Click to see her page) for being so nice and volunteering to betaread Going Crazy! =D Thank you soo much! =D So sweet of you. Now there should be a lot less mistakes and stuff due to her awesome beta reading skills =D She's really good at that stuff lol. And she's been helping me sort out my thinking for the story and adding her own suggestions so yea... THANK YOU SOO MUCH!! You have no idea how grateful I am.