Chapter 6

Going Crazy (Hiatus)

 I can't believe what my eyes are seeing right now. The girl from earlier before in the office, the one I'm supposed to rap for... Is right here again in front of me? This stubborn, crazy, weird one? How can they be the same girl.

 Before any one of us gets the chance to say anything, the girl's eyelids suddenly droop down and she starts to fall. Reacting, my arms instantly extend out to catch her before she drops to the hard, coal colored ground. Her head falls to one of my shoulders. This was unexpected and doing the only thing I can think of, I start to take out of my cell phone to call 119. "Ugh", I let out of my mouth as I realize there's a predicament with calling 119. How will I explain to the police how she fainted? "She was stalking me so I somehow ended up chasing her to figure out her identity. Then she punched and kicked me until she fainted", yeah, that's a great explanation. Better take her somewhere else... I take one of her arms and bring it around my neck and leave the other arm hanging. Then, with some struggle, I lift her legs with one arm and keep my other arm under her back until she's in the right position. Taking a deep breath, I take a step and realize that carrying a girl is harder than it looks in Korean dramas. Than again, it's freezing, my hands are out, and the girl is making it harder for me by unconsciously dangling her head off to the side. After a couple of steps, I start to get used to it.

 Walking as fast as I can with her in my arms, my eyes search for a taxi. A couple zoom by, but none of them notice me gesturing to them. How am I supposed to catch a taxi if none of them even glance at me? More cars pass by without taking notice until one finally stops by us. With gratitude, I quickly walk up to the taxi man's side of the window and thank him first. A request for help isn't needed because before I can open my mouth, he understands and immediately rises from his seat and departs the taxi so he can open the door for me. The girl goes into the car first with me following after.

 When we're settled inside safely, the taxi car's door is shut and the cab driver goes back to the front and gets in. After he's settled down, he asks a startling question, "Sir, where do you want to go?"

 Where do I want to go? Looking sideways, I see the girl sleeping soundly, with no knowledge at all of her surroundings. It'd be kind of awkward taking her over to my place. With the guys there and all... But I can't just leave her. 

 "Uh, sir, it's been past a minute already and you still haven't answered my question," the man awakes me from my deep thought.

 "Oh uh -", I start off, not knowing what to say when suddenly, "I know." I say. As if a bright  bulb decides to light up above my head, an idea comes to me.

 "Sir?" the confused man asks.

 "Oh sorry," I look up at him, " let me just check this girl for her cell phone."

 This makes his face expression turn into alarm, "What are you going to do with this girl's cell phone? And why is she unconscious?" he questions.

 Realizing that he is thinking on the wrong path, I reply with a half way true answer, "Oh, it's not what you think. She just got drunk and I'm going to find her address to take her home."

 He nods and then turns back around. Averting my eyes back to the girl, I see that she is still sound a sleep peacefully, while I'm still figuring my way through this. My eyes spot her purse and then my hands reach out for it. Looking through it, I spy her wallet, some keys and finally, the thing I've been looking for. After taking out her cell phone, I flip it open and press some buttons until her contacts come up. The top one says home and luckily, underneath home, not only is her phone number there, but her address as well.

 I look up and see the driver looking at me impatiently. "Sorry for the wait, but here's the address," I say and then tell him the address which he beeps into a device attached to his car.

 "We should be getting there in just ten minutes. The place is pretty close by".

 "Alright", I respond and put my head back, grateful for a ten minute rest.

 I stare out the window as the car zooms by the beauty of the city at night. All of a sudden, it comes to an abrupt halt when it reaches a red light. Something lands on my left shoulder startling me. Shifting my head to the left, my nose is met by a head full of soft, shiny, brown hair. Oh, it's just the girl. Her hair smells nice like flowers. The car starts moving again and I don't bother removing the girl's head away from my shoulder.