Chapter 13

Going Crazy (Hiatus)

 I snuggle myself into a ball under the covers within the darkness of the room. It's nice and quiet inside my room by myself but this still doesn't change the fact that my insides are going crazy. My heart's racing in a berserk manner while my mind on the other hand is having difficulty trying to sort everything out. Why does my body keep reacting like this to his touch?... Is it because he's a man? But I don't usually react like this when my skin meets contact when any other guy's... Actually, I have never even felt this feeling. Suddenly, the "staring contest" comes back to me again for the fourth or fifth time. However, "Staring Contest" doesn't feel like the right name to label what happened tonight. It was way too tense to be merely a staring contest. During the time that passed by while our eyes stayed fixed on each others... It felt weird, like we were taking a dive into each other's souls. The second time it happened though... I just couldn't bare it. I ended up falling to the bed and looking away, hiding the windows to my soul. All of it was just too much for me to handle... But now I want to beat myself up for what I did. How could I let myself retreat like that? I wouldn't find it hard to believe it if he told me that he was some wizard or something. Whenever I stare into his deep, dark mysterious eyes, I feel like I'm being cast under a spell. The power of his eyes under that jet black hair... And when he speaks, his husky voice makes me want to melt. Who exactly is this guy? And what is he doing to me? I don't know how I feel about him... I feel so nervous when he's around but want him there at the same time... But he's confusing me with his actions. And whenever he touches me... I feel like blushing as I remember him holding me in the car. The warmth coming from him made me feel like I was floating... It' been two days and he's already got me so confused... How will I last the next two months?

"Jieun, just forget about him and go to sleep," I tell myself. However, the whole night, I'm not able to cease my tossing and turning in bed. The thoughts of him just won’t leave my mind. Scenes of him holding me in his arms, placing a finger on the surface of my lips, and staring into my eyes are on non-stop replay in my head. Even when he's not near me anymore... How can he still haunt me in my dreams?

When I wake up in the morning (Honestly, I don't think it's even calling waking up if I barely got any sleep), the first thing I do is pull on some running clothes.

When I leave the house, instead of thinking about losing weight, all I can think about is clearing my head as I head to the gym. This should help me get my thoughts in order...

"Hey Jieun," one of the many trainers at the gym greets me. 

"Hey," I reply back without using her name. There are so many trainers, stylists, and other people in our life who help us fit the image of idols that it's not very easy to remember what all of their names are.

"I'm going to use the private training area today" I tell her as I walk into it. I'm not in the mood to listen to someone tell me how to do the pushups right or challenge me to work past my limit.

***

"Where's Jieun?"

"I don't know. When I checked her bed, she wasn't in it," Sunhwa tells Zinger.

"What?! She's gone?" Hyosung is standing outside of the bathroom door with a towel around her neck. There's water still dripping from her hair.

"Wait, so no one knows where she is?!" Zinger exclaims.

"Oh my god, where can she be?!" Hyosung starts panicking.

Sunhwa tries to calm all of them down. "Relax guys, I'm pretty sure she's safe somewhere."

"But she should be in bed... With that fever, where could she have gone?"

"Omo! Jieun, no we can't let her get even more sick!" Zinger drops the toast that she was biting and dashes for her room.

"Yeah, we need to find her!" Hyosung starts frantically drying her hair with a pink towel while she also rushes to her room.

"Hurry up guys!" Sunhwa says as she scrambles through her bag for the keys to the apartment. She is already dressed up and ready since she was about to leave anyway for a physical.Guess I'll have to ditch that now, she thought. I don't like physicals anyway.

***

"STUPID BANG YONG GUK!!!" I scream. If anyone was here in this room right now, they would think I'm crazy. Who wouldn't think that when they see a girl with bright, red boxing gloves on, landing punches, no, make that ATTACKING a punching bag. I'm practically strangling it to death.

"It's your entire fault I'm like this! Why do you keep popping into my head? Stupid Bang Yong Guk... Who do you think you are?! Playing with my emotions like this..." I keep punching the bag, imagining that this bag is in really Yong Guk. Venting to this imaginary Bang Yong Guk is pretty easy. But what would I do if it was replaced with the real one? Would I be able to shout with such anger like this to him? I know my body is tiring out, but I don't mind this exhaustion. Because with this type of exhaustion, comes the feeling of power.

"You better watch out! Because the next time you lay a finger on my lips or stare into my eyes like that, you'll surely regret it!" I scream while not only punching but also kicking the bag/Yong Guk.

I land a final punch into "Bang Yong Guk," saying, "You won't succeed in making me weak to my knees next time. YOU GOT THAT?!" Yep, that's right. The strong willed Jieun won't let this go on any longer. Breathing hard, I walk away from the punching bag while slipping off the gloves. They say exercising helps a person sleep better at night. This was just what I needed to shake off this weird feeling I'm having about the guy with the deep, dark, mysterious eyes. There's no reason for me to be this mad at him... But maybe I'm just mad at myself for letting myself be brainwashed by his spell. I pull out a bottle of water from inside my bag and twist the cap open. Aah, it feels so refreshing to drink ice, cold water when feeling so sweaty like this. When I've had enough, I go to one of the private bathrooms they have here with a towel in hand and look at the mirror. My cheeks are flushed, hair is messy and my chest keeps going up and down with my constant breathing in and out. 

Dang, I look like a mess. A shower should fix that so I step into one of the stalls and turn the handle until cold water starts blasting out from above. It feels so nice against my burning skin. The sweat disappears and I feel clean again after about five minutes. Aww, I didn't bring the flower smelling shampoo with me or I could've used that. Oh well, I slip out of the shower feeling refreshed and more normal again. My heart is still pounding a little too fast though, probably due to all that exercise. I slip on a white, long sleeved top, some dark jeans, and some boots. Then comes my black coat. I pull my hoodie over my half way dry hair and wrap my scarf around my neck better, half way covering my face. This way, I won't get any fans jumping out of nowhere and screaming, "Oh my god! It’s SONG JIEUN!"

I grab my tote bag and go through the private, training area's doors which I previously entered as a girl who was freaking out but now glad that I can depart as more of a sane woman. 

"Hey Jieun!" I look for who said that and see that it's Jessica. She's standing at one of the many treadmills with Sunny. (Yeah, the girls from Girls Generation just to make things clear)

"Hey!" I smile greeting them.

"You're leaving already?" Sunny asks.

"Yeah, I came here at around 5:00 am"

"Woah, that early?!" Jessica asks. "Do you have to go to a press conference or something?"

"Huh, naah, I just couldn't get to sleep so I figured I'd come here."

"Ooh, well see you around!"

"Yea, see ya," I tell them before leaving the now starting to get crowded, gym. This gym is actually reserved for celebrities. Well, this floor is only for female celebrities. The guys are on the opposite side of the building. 

Smiling, I walk out through the exit. I take a deep breath feeling all good inside about getting over yesterday. This time, the rapid pounding in my heart is due to all the exercising and has nothing to do with Bang Yong Guk.

However, this all comes to a stop when I see an unwanted person leaning against one of the exit doors, looking down with his arms crossed across his chest. Is it really him though? I mean, what would he be doing here on a Sunday morning? I can't see his eyes so I'm not sure if it's him.  

"Yo, Yong Guk?..." I manage to stutter out.

The man looks up and my heart takes a leap when I see those deep, dark, mysterious eyes of his, piercing into mine.