Chapter 7

Going Crazy (Hiatus)

 Blink, blink. I rub my eyes as my aching body rises from under the comfy blankets and sit up. I feel weird.  I'm not really sure how I got here, what time it is, or why I feel like this.

 “You’re finally awake”, someone says. I look to my left and see that it’s Hyosung sitting in my arm chair.

 “Hey uh… How did I get here?”

 “Huh – You don’t remember?”

 “Remember what?” I ask in confusion.

 “How – “ her words are cut off by the sound of a door opening.

 “Jieun!” Zinger rushes in. “Are you okay? You were sleeping for so long that we got worried”, she ushers as her arms come around my shoulders.

 “I’m alright” I try to calm her down and then ask, “But how did I get here?”

 “When did she wake up?” Sunhwa now comes in through the door, carrying a tray with four mugs and a bowl in it.

 “Just now,” Hyosung answers her question.

 “Oh, that’s good. Here, drink this,” she hands me a cup of tea. The heat that radiates from the mug is really nice and warm.

 “Thanks” I say and start sipping the tea. Sunhwa takes a seat on the other side of the bed and puts the back of her hand to my forehead.

 “You’re not sick. But why did you faint?”

 “I fainted?” When did that happen?”

 “Yeah, we were all really shocked when we opened the front door. You were in this guy’s arms with your eyes closed”, Sunhwa informs me.

 “Guy?”

 “Yeah, a young good looking guy.” Zinger raises her eyebrows.

 “What was he wearing?” I ask, trying to figure out who it was.

 
“A black and white scarf and – “ Hyosung’s words are cut off as my brain starts to process the information. Black and white scarf… Wasn’t Yong Guk wearing a black and white scarf? Suddenly, it all comes rushing back to me. How, he grabbed my hood, cornered me between two bricks and I landed punches and kicks in him. The last thing I remember is my scarf being pulled down along with my hat… Oh shoot, he figured out who I am. I let out a groan.

 “What happened Jieun, why are you groaning?”

 “Huh, oh nothing. Did he tell you why I fainted?”

 “He said that he doesn’t know why. He was walking and you were in front of him and suddenly, you just collapsed. So he found out our address by looking through your cell phone and brought you here” Zinger tells me.

 “Oh,” Relief pours through me. At least he didn’t tell them the truth about what really happened.

 “Do you know him or something”, Hyosung asks.

 I nod.

 “Wow really, who is he?”  Sunhwa wonders.

 “He’s my partner for the song. But he’s a rookie in training so you guys won’t recognize him.” I reply, with my head down, still trying to get over what happened today. What does he think of me now?

 “You’re PARTNER?! Oh my god. You found yourself such a GOOD LOOKING guy!” Zinger gets excited.

 “Guys, stop overreacting. He’s JUST my partner” I reply.

 “But you two look so CUTE together!” Zinger claps her hands together and smiles.

 “Cute? How?”

 “Jieun? Do you know how he carried you in? He carried you, in PRINCESS STYLE!” Hyosung tells me.

 “So… I was unconscious. How else is he supposed to carry me?” I reply in a bored tone. However, in reality, my heart is giving a little pound. I’ve never been carried like that by a guy my age before.

 “Oh dang it, we should have made him stay. He came in for a little while but only to settle you down in the bed. Then he left quickly with just a bye. If only we knew he was your knight in shining armor”.

 “Pshh, what knight in shining armor?”

 “Yes, knight in shining armor. He rescued you!” If they only knew how he cornered me by force. But then again, I was the one who followed him first.

 “So. Jieun, tell us about your day. What kind of song are you singing?” Sunhwa, the more MATURE one breaks in.

 “Oh, I’ll show you my part of the lyrics” I say and start to get up to retrieve my purse.

 “No wait, aren’t you tired? You fainted after all,” Sunhwa brings me down by putting a hand on my shoulder.

 “No, I’m alright”, I say. “I think I probably fainted because of…” I quickly think up something, “Because I skipped breakfast.”

 “Don’t you skip breakfast half the time?” Hyosung asks me.

 “Yea… But I was really hungry today…” Yes, I know my excuse sounds lame.

 "Speaking of meals, here's you're soup. I made it with vegetables for you," she takes me empty tea and replaces my hands with a bowl of soup to hold.

 I blow on a spoon of soup and then stick it in my mouth. "Hmm. It's delicious."

“Here you go”, Zinger has already retrieved my purse.

 “Thanks” I look through it and come out with the sheet of lyrics and hand it to them.

 While they’re reading, I tell them, “It’s only my part of the lyrics. Mrs.Parks and Mr.Jung decided to let him write his own since he writes a lot of lyrics on his own.”

 “Ooh, he even writes his own lyrics. He’s impressive” Hyosung teases.

 “Hyosung!” I say her name through gritted teeth.

 Sunhwa asks, “What’s his name? We didn’t even get the chance to ask because he left in a rush.”

 “Bang Yong Guk”

 “These are unique lyrics. It’s gonna go nice with your vocals,” Hyosung compliments.

 “I agree, let’s just see what this Bang Yong Guk comes up with,” Zinger says, looking up from the paper.

 “Yeah. I can’t wait to see them sing the songs live.” Hyosung mischievously says.

 “Yeah, they’re gonna look so cute on stage together!” Zinger chips in.

 “Guys!” I complain and then slam my head down on the bed. “I’m going to sleep…”

 “Sorry Jieun. We forgot that you’re still tired. Good night.” Hyosung and Zinger get up to leave. Sunhwa takes everyone's mugs and my bowl of soup to place them back on the tray.

 “Get better” Sunhwa tells me before turning off the light and closing the door.

 Rolling on to one side, I can’t help but constantly replay the expression that took up his face after uncovering mine. I don't want to go back to work on the song next week. Yong Guk's probably going to give up the position of being featured in my song. I mean, who would want to work with a real creep like me? Why did I mess things up? “I’m so stupid!” I yell but my voice is muffled through the pillow covering my mouth.