Chapter 4

Going Crazy (Hiatus)

Why does she keep glancing at me and then looking away? Is this strange girl really the one I will be rapping for? I stare at her for a while longer, taking in her small face, brown hair and cutesy clothing before turning my eyes to Ms.Parks who is speaking.

 "Well, here we are today to plan out Jieun's solo comeback and Bang Yong Guk's featuring in it. Are you two excited to work together for this song?"  

 "I'm sure they are", Mr.Jung answers for us. 

 "Anyway, here are the song's lyrics for Ji Eun's part", he says as as he passes me and the girl stapled pieces of paper. Immediately, I read the title. Going Crazy?  

              

Going Crazy lyrics

Song Ji Eun:

It’s not love
This isn’t love
It’s just your obsession
Wherever
Whatever I do
It’s frightening
The you who watches me

Have you gone crazy?

Why are you like this?
Please just leave me alone now
Seeing you is suffocating
Please disappear from my sight

Get lost

Just back off
I really can’t breathe
Wherever I go
Wherever I am
It’s frightening
The you who follows me

Have you gone crazy?

Why are you like this?
Please just leave me alone now
Seeing you is suffocating
Please disappear from my sight

Cut the crap

Get a hold of yourself and stop it

Let go of me now

This ain’t right
This isn’t love
It’s just hurts me, don’t be like this
I loved you
But I don’t now
Erase me from your memory

I don’t wanna cry no more, more

(credit to http://lybio.net/song-ji-eun-secret-going-crazy-english-translation/k-pop/)

 What kind of song is this? Am I supposed to be some creepy stalker in her song? 

 These are the thoughts that go through my head as I read the parts of the song. 

 After about two minutes, I look up from the paper in my hands and see Ms.Parks and Mr.Jung looking at the both of us eagerly. Then, wondering if the girl's done reading yet, my eyes shift to her direction and see that she's still absorbed in the lyrics.

 When she's done after about ten seconds or so, Ms.Parks asks us, "So what do you think?"

 "It's definitely interesting", are the words that came out of the girl's mouth. Interesting? 

 Then, their eyes are averted to me, awaiting my response. "It's okay" I say even though an opinion hasn't really formed in my head yet. "But where is my part?"

 "Well about that...," Ms.Parks smiles.  "You're writing your own lyrics!"

 "What?" with my eyebrows raised slightly upward, I ask, "Why am I writing my own part?"

 Mr.Jung takes it from there, "Well, we heard that you write your own lyrics to songs during your spare time. So we want you to write your own rap based off of the lyrics for Jieun. You can do that right?"

 "Yeah, I do write my own lyrics once in a while... but I'm not really a professional at that. How do you want me to write them?" I ask. How do they expect me to write lyrics that won't seem amateurish? How do they even know I write my own lyrics?      

 "We trust your skill and all you need to know is that the rap should be relevant with Jieun's part. The audience will be impressed about a rookie rapper creating his own rap for a song. Don't worry, if the rap needs it, we'll touch it up a bit. Can you do this?," he asks.                                                                                                      

 "I'll try my best," I say, feeling a little pressured.

 "Okay, so lets wrap this up", Mr.Jung finally speaks up. "Jieun, you should start practicing singing this song. Let us know if you want to change anything. And good luck on writing that rap. I'm glad you decided to work with us on this. See you next week." he finished his words as he zips up his black coat.

 "Okay, I'll practice hard" the girl spoke as she put on her gloves.

 "Have a good night" Ms.Parks was also up and fixing the scarf around her neck.

 "See ya," I murmur as I head out the door before everyone else. Finally, this is done. I just want to get some sleep.

 My urge to get out is obvious by the way my feet rapidly take steps down the stairs. Suddenly, they come to a cessation as soon as my ears register the sound of another pair of  footsteps coming down the same way. Listening carefully, the only thing my ears receive now is the inhaling and exhaling of my own deep breath. At least five seconds of silence pass... Whatever,  I shake it off and continue down until I reach the first floor. The exit doors at last zoom in as I gladly push through them into the dark night.

 Enveloping my fists with the pockets of my jacket, I stride. Even with this pace, the bus stop feels like it's miles away. The  air feels like it's plunging ice into my face and the pockets of this jacket isn't providing enough warmth for my frozen hands. Reaching the bus stop, I let out a breath that results in a visible line of fog. Not feeling like settling my bottom down on a frost covered bus stop seat, I turn around to start pacing back and forth across this empty sidewalk when something pink catches my eye. Huh? I blink and the next thing  I see is a shortish figure quickly turning around and disappearing behind the corner of a grocery store. What the...

 Without my brain commanding them to, my legs start to involuntarily move toward the corner and make a turn until the figure is in sight again. It's head is down so I can't see it's face. It's running now which makes me more suspicious. I speed up until my body is just inches away and then before I know it, my hand is gripping it's shoulder. "Who are YOU?!" my voice echoes in the empty sidewalk.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry I took so long to update. I'm not really used to having readers so I updated really slow in the past. It's my first time writing a fanfiction so I felt so worried as I wrote this if it will drop your interest or if it will come out bad. Please let me know if the story is going too slow or getting boring or just any plain grammer/spelling/punctuation mistakes for me to fix. Anyway, thanks to those who are reading =)