Chapter 5

Going Crazy (Hiatus)

"Who are YOU?!" Yong Guk's voice booms into my ear making me jump in surprise and panic. Ah!! What do I do?! What do I say?!

Meanwhile, he's still awaiting my answer while I ponder for one, "HEY? Can't you hear me?? Tell me who you are!" the sound of his voice still sends shivers down my spine. I try to move but am anchored to the ground with his hand.

Feeding his impatience, I blurt out "I'm the mailman!". His grip doesn't loosen on my shoulder.

"If you're the mailman, then where's your mailbag? And why are you following me?" he asks in an accusing way.

Trying to keep my voice low, I reply, "Um, it's right here, see?" I pat my purse without turning around. However, he still continues to keep a tight grip on my shoulder.

"A purse? What the hell is this? A joke?? You still haven't answered my question? Why are you FOLLOWING me?"

"Oh uh... I just recognized you and I wanted your autograph..." What in the world am I saying?

"Oh yeah?" he finally releases me from his captivating grip. "Fine then, where do you want me to sign?"

"uh..." I started off but then realized that this is my chance. "BYE!" I shout, completely catching him off guard and then start running without a destination. I don't know where I'm going -but it's fine as long as I'm away from him. I just can't let him find out who I am.

"Yo come back! Where yah going?!" he calls after me.

"Anywhere away from YOU!" I shout back without turning my head around. I can't let him see my face. Just to be safe, I raise the scarf that's wrapped around my neck higher, covering half of my nose and entire mouth. Then I pull down my pink hat covering my whole forehead and part of my eyes.

"I won't let you" and then with that, he starts running too. Oh no!!! I can't let him see who I am. The thumps of his sneakers are getting faster. I resist the urge to look back. Can't look back or I'll give myself away. Bare cars, people and a plethora of trees come into view and then disappear behind me as I run past them.

"Tell me who you are girl" his voice is getting closer. No, he can't catch me. He can't, he can't he can't! Deciding that it will be better if I lead him somewhere more crowded, I make a turn into a shopping area. There is people everywhere, walking around, talking and populating the place. Perfect. Ducking under some people, and mumbling out excuse mes, I make my way through the crowd until I reach a more vacant sidewalk. I start to slow down my pace until I finally cease for about five seconds and listen. No thumps of sneakers. Yay, I lost him! I sigh with relief and continue on the sidewalk which is now becoming less dense with people.

Slowly walking with my head down, I catch my breath, breathing hard. How does he run so fast? He would've caught me if I didn't cleverly run into that busy place. Laughing to myself, I say, "I'm so smart", applauding myself out loud in the now empty sidewalk.

"No you're not" someone says making my eyes go wide in shock. Not just any someone... THAT SOMEONE! The one with the really deep voice. What? How did he get here? Was he quietly following me the whole time?

I must have unconsciously gasped or something because that someone starts snickering. Wait, what am I doing just standing here? "RUN!" my brain alerts me. And with the little energy I can still muster from my poor, tired out legs, I start to move but too late...

Before I can get away, he manages to grab my hood and hold on to it. "Oh no you don't. I ain't letting you go this time. Tell me who you are, you stalker."

"I told you, a mailman!" I yell at him, struggling to keep my voice to sound like a man's.

"Yeah right, you sound nothing like a man and that pink hat makes it worse" he scoffs.
... True, there's nothing I could say anything to that.

"And don't tell me you want my autograph. If you really did, than why did you run away from me? And why are you hiding your face away from me?"

I can't take him anymore... "LET ME GOO!" I yell and then try to get out of his grip but he is just too strong.

"Right after you let me see your face."

"No!"

"Why not?"

"I don't want to!"

"Then I'll make you" and then he grabs my shoulders and attempts to twist me around so I can face him.

"I won't let you!"I yell back as I struggle to break free by smacking my fists against his chest and kicking my feet backwards.

"That's it, this is taking too long" he grunts and then puts his arms around me.

"Get off me you ert!" I scream which doesn't make things better because he keeps ahold of me as he leads me to a dark alley and corners me between two brick walls. There is no one here to hear me scream now. I turn around, facing him, making sure to keep my head down and then try to escape but it is no use. He has both of his fists glued to each side of the bricked corner, blocking my escape route. I feel so short standing so close to him like this. The top of my head comes up to only midway of his chest.

"Got yah", he mocks.

"No you don't"

"Show me you're face" he says, a little more gently now.

"Never," I reply, feeling helpless.

"Well, you chose the hard way" he informs me and then grabs my chin.

"NO!" I yell. It can't end this way. And with that thought, I land a fist in his stomach - at least I think it is his stomach which got his fingers to loosen their grip on my chin and fall. I keep rapidly punching and kicking, not knowing where these hits are landing. If only I can find that weak spot to kick at... But it's too dark with him towering over me. Suddenly, I get tired and my hits slow down. Why? Why does my stamina decide to run out now?

Panting for breath, I choke out the words, "Get away from me". I don't have the energy to keep it deep anymore. But he probably doesn't recognize my voice because he starts laughing.

"Already tired?" he chuckles. Then, he lifts his fingers up and slowly bringst them to my chin while keeping the other hand glued to the wall. The one side is free now but I couldn't bring my self to run through the passage, with these worn out legs. He keeps a clasp on my chin. As he lifts it, my heart beats nervously. I continue to pant as he slowly brings my face to his sight. I am fighting back but it is too weak to be noticed.

"The moment of truth" he says as my faced reaches his view. The only thing left now is my precious scarf and hat to keep my secrecy. If they go off... I'm done for.

"No!" I let out a yell that came out as a whisper and grab his arm with my two hands. "Please..."

He brushes off my pleads and begins to lower my scarf and when that was done, he continues on with my hat. Half a second later...

"What the..." he utters out in disbelief now that my face is finally revealed. "Its... YOU?!"