Chapter 11

Going Crazy (Hiatus)

It's okay, I got you," the person who has his arms wrapped around my body from behind, assures me. I can't see his or her face but by the sound of it's voice, I know that it's  Yong Guk. I don't know any other guy who has such a deep voice.

The throbbing in my forehead is still pretty strong, lessening little by little. However,I barely make any effort in walking because it feels like I'm floating in his arms. My mind isn't clear and the smell of cologne is making me feel drowsy... Suddenly, my eyes flutter open, back into reality. I pat my hand around to feel my surroundings and come to discover that the surface is made out of sheets. I'm in my bed so that means... It was all a dream. Yong Guk taking me to the nurse, pressing ice to my forehead, and half carrying me to a taxi was all just an illusion. Nothing more than a figment in my mind. Why did I dream about him?

I start to rise from my bed, rubbing my eyes. I'm half way through my eye when someone says,"It's about time you got up."

I start to say, "Yeah I -" But then come to a stop midway through the sentence.

 Wait, who just said that? Hyosung's not that rude... I turn my  head immediately, averting my gaze to the direction of the voice. My eyes almost jump out of their sockets with the sight that meets them. Sitting there is the guy with the deep voice. He's in my arm chair, with his body faced towards me and his arms crossed across his chest. He's staring at me - with a smirk on his face.

Confusion hits me. Why is he smirking like that? Because of the shock, I don't realize until now that both my fists are still frozen midway through my eyes, which are  wide open and my jaw is hanging. Oh shoot... I must look really stupid right now.

 I almost start hitting my head again but then remember where that got me earlier in the day... Suddenly, with recalling this, a whole bunch of other scenes come to mind and I realize that it actually wasn't just a dream. That means... Yong Guk really did lend me his shoulder.

Feeling my cheeks warm up, I immediately turn my head away from his gaze.

However, when I hear him chuckle, I instantly turn back around and am met with his eyes which are still glued to mine, causing my heart to skip a beat. Before I loose my breath, I look down again.

I hate the effect that his brown, dark, and mysterious eyes have on me.

No, I can't take this anymore. I pull my head back up, glare him directly in the eye and demand, "Wh- Why- Why do you keep staring at me?" Well, it came out as a stutter.

He doesn't say anything. Instead, his smirk gets bigger. What the?...

I feel like looking away again but then no - I won't let him get to me. I rise from the bed and start to walk over to him.

 The smirk on his face disappears, "Wait, don't. Go back to bed."

"Why?!"

"You're still sick." Then, he gets up himself and gently pushes me back into bed.

"Get in."

"But - " my words cut off as he places the index finger of his right hand on my mouth. "Shh"

My mouth doesn't move in protest because I'm still in shock from the sensations that are passing through my body due to his touch. So warm...

I am about to grab his finger and fling it back, away from me when I hear voices coming from somewhere. Yong Guk's head is already turned around, facing my bedroom door.

I follow his gaze to the slightly open door. Through the crack, I can see three pairs of eyes in a column.

From the same spot, whispers of,

"Move!"

"I can't see"

"Be quiet, or they'll hear us!" could be heard. 

Without Yong Guk's consent, I push past him and walk towards the source of the noise.  Short of hesitation, I pull open the door and as a result, three figures abruptly fall to the ground.

"Hey!"

"Ouch"

"That Hurt!"

As expected, it's Sunhwa, Hyosung and Zinger. They're rubbing their heads as they try to rise from the hallway floor.

"Oh uh... HEY!" Zinger exclaims. I must have a stern expression on my face or something because Hyosung and Sunhwa are cowering behind her.

"You guys are really bad at being sneaky," I critisize.

 "Oh, we weren't eavesdropping! We were just worried about you so we were about to come in..." Hyosung speaks up, giving me her best puppy dog face.

"Really?" I ask them.

Sunhwa has the best escape plan because she makes a dash for it saying, "Oh dear! My tea is still boiling!"  Hyosung and Zinger watch her leave in envy. 

"Ahem" a deep voice suddenly interrupts us. We all turn our eyes to Yong Guk. "Uh, I guess I should leave now." He's already up and pushing one of his arms in through a sleeve of his black coat. 

"Already?!" Zinger whines.

"Wait you can't leave just yet!" Hyosung calls to him.

"It's getting kind of late..." he looks down. 

"No please wait! Sunhwa is still making tea for you! She'll be up in a second" she informs.

Yong Guk starts to open his mouth but Hyosung is already pulling off his coat while Zinger struggles to push him down into the arm chair.

"Sunhwa, hurry up with the tea! He's trying to leave!" Zinger yells toward the door.

"Okay!" she yells back.

I just look at them, overwhelmed with everything.

However, it's kind of funny seeing the dark, mysterious Yong Guk like this. So confused and dumbfounded... A smile creeps onto my face. Yong Guk looks up at the sound of my laughter which causes me to be stone faced again. He's looking at me... My head goes down and before I know it, my feet are already out the door.

***

When I'm in the bathroom, I lock it and start the water. I don't know why I'm in here but I just need a break. My restless heart needs a break from his piercing eyes, deep voice and warm presence.

When I check the mirror, it reflects back an exhausted girl with flushed cheeks. Hearing the water run is soothing and I feel myself calm again.  Ugh, why am I like this?

When I walk into the room, Sunhwa is serving Yong Guk while both Hyosung and Zinger babble on to Yong Guk.

"What do you think of our cute, sweet, innocent Jieun?" Zinger asks Yong Guk when I sit down on the bed right next to her.