No Turning Back

All it Takes

All it Takes

Chapter IX - [No Turning Back]

"Aren't you coming home, Yul?"

"Go on ahead, I still have to talk to Taeng and Fany."

"Suit yourself; I'll go on ahead. I'll see you at the apartment, okay?"

Yuri nodded towards Jessica before watching her, Yoona and Seo walk off that night. They enjoyed themselves so much that they did not notice it was already night time. Knowing they still have classes tomorrow and Tiffany needed to go home immediately, the group decided to call it a day and will set another meeting by next week. Because their discussion was abruptly disturbed, the black haired beauty secretly texted a message to the two lovebirds to stay behind for a while. As soon as Sica's group was out of sight, Yuri suddenly lunged at Taeng and held her in a chokehold as if to cut her off the air she was breathing.

"Goddamnit, Tae! I'll kill you for that blunder earlier!"

"Yul!" The brunette's girlfriend almost had to jump in to keep Yul from strangling her girlfriend to death.

Of course, Yul will not really do off with her friend and let the girl go eventually, letting Tae inhale a precious breath. The midget smiled as she clutched while saying, "I was only trying to make you and Sica realize that you shouldn't let love pass by. You see what happened to me?"

"You can make us realize that without being that obvious, you know?!" Yuri huffed as she crossed her arms together. She calmed down a little when Tiffany placed a hand on Yuri's shoulder, adding, "In a way, Tae is right, Yul. She may be a little over the top with her hints but one way or another, you should tell Sica how you feel or you might find her in the arms of another guy permanently soon."

That statement had a chill running through the blackpearl's body. She was already uneasy whenever she learns that Sica was with another male, thinking she can never be hers, ever; she was just lucky that her childhood friend was that picky when it came to her potential partners. But what if the blonde decided to settle down with someone for good? What would become of her feelings for Sica then? She felt a light squeeze upon her chest thinking about it and she was rendered silent immmediately.

"Hey, look! Chasjan is hosting a song writing contnest, nice! Finalists will perform... ah, five weeks from now."

That comment made Yuri snap out of her thoughts and she went towards the two who were looking at a poster slapped on the bulletin board outside the cafe. An idea suddenly popped up in her head and Tiffany seemed to read her mind, saying, "Hey, Yul, why don't you tell Sica your feelings through a song?"

Yes, it sounded like a good idea to the black-haired beauty; they were all musicians at one point, they can easily relate to each other through music. Heck, they were brought together closer because of music back during their high school days. It was a good suggestion, probably the best there is. Excitedly, Yuri took out her notebook and scrawled down the mechanics and rules as she listened to her two companions and their own ideas on this contest.

"We'll help you out on the lyrics. Taeng made that lovely song before and the people here at Chasjan fell in love with it the first time they heard it."

"I bet it'll be really romantic! Think of it, Sica will be swept off her feet for sure!"

"Okay, okay! I'll try making a song... I'll let you guys hear it when I do finish... but I'm sure there are a lot of other good songwriters out and the competition will obviously tough. I really appreciate you both helping me out here." Yuri said with a grin as she hugged the couple simultaneously. They were laughing and were about to go when they were greeted by someone, making them stop to turn their attention towards the person.

This person happened to be a girl whom Yuri recognized as one of her classmates in her course so she greeted the female cheerfully. "Hello, Hyoyeon. What brings you here to Chasjan? Grabbing a joe for the night?" She gestured towards her two friends and introduced to them both. "Ah, Tiffany, Taeyeon, I'd like you to meet Kim Hyoyeon; she's my classmate in Art." The newomer was about the same height as Taeyeon, had light-brown close to blonde hair tied in a high ponytail and just slightly boyish in comparison to the blackpearl.

"A pleasure to meet you Hyoyeon. I'm Tiffany Hwang." The taller girl said with a polite bow.

Taeyeon shook Hyoyeon's hand, grinned and said, "My name's Kim Taeyeon. It's nice to meet one of Yuri's friends. Also, nice last name." Hyoyeon smiled at both girls and said, "It's an honour to meet you guys as well. Yuri, here, has told me a lot of things about you all; you guys are wonderful."

Hyoyeon soon paused and cleared when she finally declared, "Actually, I'm here to ask Yuri about something and I think you guys can hear about it too." This made Yuri tilt her head, Tae raise her brow while Fany rubbed her arm, feeling uneasy about that statement.

"Sure, fire away, Hyo."

"Do you think it's alright for me to ask Jessica Jung to go out with me? I mean, I know she's into men but I haven't seen her stick to one guy for more than a week so I figured I should try asking her out, maybe let her give it a shot?" Hyoyeon asked, her shy smile curling on her lips as she blushed a little at the idea. "You don't mind, do you, Yuri?"

All three girls were dumbstruck, but it was clear that Yuri was the most shocked of all. They were just talking about it earlier and it was now echoing over and over inside the black-haired's mind: but you should tell Sica how you feel or you might find her in the arms of another guy permanently soon. The only thing here was this "competition" was a girl and this was a whole new ball game.

"N-no, I don't mind a-at all. " Wait, what? Hey, I do mind! Why did I say that?!

"Oh, good! Thanks, Yuri! I'll go introduce myself tomorrow and ask her out by then! I should go, see you all around!" Hyo left soon after that, waving cheerfully at the three who were still rendered motionless on the spot. It took about a few minutes before Tae and Fany dragged Yuri to the side and shook her.

Taeng looked shocked and irritated when she asked, "You don't mind?! Yuri, that's your rival right there! Why did you let her have the chance to ask Jessica out?" She only got silence from her friend, since Yuri was still suprised and could not believe was she just said.

Tiffany can only shake her head. "I hope I won't see you regretting this moment soon, Yul."


A/N: Are you guys proud of me? Two updates in a row : )  Watch out for HyoSic, kekeke. I actually do like this pairing, sadly there's only a handful of fics about them :/ Well... I still have some ideas going through my head and maybe I'll do a trip- quadruple update, how's that sound? Just kidding... We'll see how long it takes before I go brain dead and sleep it off. Thanks for the quick comments and subscribers!

-raynee.