Bored in Class

All it Takes

All it Takes

Chapter V - [Bored in Class]

"...where they used animal skins, crushed roots, peteals and charcoal to create art upon the cave walls. Fabricating crude bellows from these skins..."

History of Art was the last class Yuri had for that day and it was getting extremely boring for her. She let out a stifled yawn as she scribbled down notes about how early man painted his cave dwelling with primitive materials. Her mind drifting off every now and then but the black haired female managed to pull herself back into reality. Her attention span was wearing thin, but she needed to concentrate if she wanted to pass this particular class; her professor, Ms. Sunny, was not the kind of type at all and was known to be merciless when it came to letting slackers pass.

Today, she slept in and therefore was running late for her first class. Slide after slide, Yuri tried to focus on each image but end up day-dreaming about her princess. She looked at the clock and sighed; she wondered if time was slowing down because 2 o'clock seemed so far away when there was roughly twenty minutes left for that class.

Just a little more, just a little more... Patience, Kwon Yuri, it's not like you're in a hurry.

She glanced over to her other classmates and saw they too were growing extremely bored. Some were anxiously looking at their watches; some were on the verge of falling asleep while some tried to preoccupy themselves with something else. Deciding to kill her time and abandon listening, she took her charcoal pencil and started to sketch on the back page of her notebook.

Now, the old Yuri everyone knew would be declining to take up any art classes but after meeting a certain individual, she shocked herself when she figured out one of her hidden talents when they were out one day. She did not have any chance to show what she can do with her full potential and so she decided to take Fine Arts as her chosen course in college; of course, with Jessica by her side.

Soft, scratching sounds were heard as Yuri's penci weaved over the blank sheet of paper, and image starting to form on the page. She was really getting bored and was reciting a mantra in her head; I wanna go home, I wanna go home...

All she wanted was to get this over with and get herself a cup of of White Mocha at the Chasjan (Teacup in Korean), a popular cafe hangout of university students after class. The place offered the best tasting coffee and tea the town can buy with student friendly prices; also, the Chasjan held acoustic nights during Fridays and that was a hit among the populace. Yuri once sang on that stage when she was out of cash, though mostly amateur bands performed; decent talent fees were given depending on how well they did.

Yuri's cellphone lightly buzzed on her desk as it vibrated in silent mode, indicated on its screen she had a new text messge. Discreetly opening the text, the brunette saw it was from her bestfriend, Taeyeon. Like the rest of her close friends in their senior year, she passed with flying colors in the same university and took up telecommunications as her major.

Yul, my class ended early today so I'll go ahead to the cafe and wait for you there. Is it okay if Fany came along with me?

Yuri smiled and secretly typed a message to her friend, Of course, it's alright! I'll be out at 2pm, class took longer that I expected it to be. After pushing the send button, Yuri was energized and went back to her sketch and began to think. To her, Tae may still be a bit airheaded at times but she definitely matured when she entered college. It was a big turning point to her life and she had that as a jumpstart, a means to make her change her ways. She still possed that easy-going attitude but she was more responsible when it came to studies.

Man, I should try not to get jealous of those two lovebirds when I get there... They always look like an old married couple...

Her grin became wider when she recalled that day when her bestfriend, Tae finally confessed to the one and only Tiffany Hwang at the rooftop in their senior year. Turns out the beauty also had the hots for Tae. Not that I didn't know, but I was still happy for both of them, especially their faces when they figured out their love for each other was mutual. Good thing I secretly recorded them and they woudn't stop thanking me after they realized I helped them be official.

Her thoughts went back to her notebook and soon, the messy, rough lines began to take form: the familiar face of Jessica Jung, smiling beautifully at the person staring at the picture. her long, blonde hair was being tousled by an imaginary wind and perfectly framed her face. Yuri smiled at her handiwork and sighed, quite proud that she had created art under just a couple of minutes. Now that made her wonder what the princess was up to right at that time...

"Ms. Kwon! If you please!"

"Hm?" Someone called her and she managed to look up. Looked around and blinked realizing that the professor who was pushing her glasses up to the bridge of his nose had asked a question.

"Are you paying attention to what I've asked?"

Yuri could only say. "I'm sorry, ma'am. Could you please repeat it since I cannot hear you clearly from over here." it seemed like a weak excuse, but her seat was rather far from the front and so it couldd be considered valid.

"I was asking what the difference between earthenware and stoneware, Miss Kwon... Do you know the answer or are you just doodling nonsense on your notebook?" Her professor's stern tone shot at her.

Well, it's kind of true.. Yuri thought. She stood up and cleared , answering in a clear, loud voice. "Both are ceramic ware, but earthenware is low-fired and non-vitreous while stoneware high-fired, vitrified ceramic ware." It was a lucky she reviewed ahead and knew about it; if not, she would be the joke of the week and her neck would be on the line.

"Correct..." Suddenly, the long awaited bell rang and the sounds of chairs being moved and the shuffling of papers resounding in the room as each pereson anxiously prepared to leave. "Quiz tomorrow from chapters sixteen to eighteen. Also, advanced read on Egyption and Mayan art. Don't forget."

Alright, time to go meet up with the lovebirds...


A/N: Sorry about the late update, school just finished as well as exams; Crossing my fingers I did well. Hope you guys enjoy this quick segment, not in university yet but if I was asked in the spot I don't think I'd be able to do it so flawlessly like Yul did. I'll try to update again tomorrow, depending if I get busy or not but hopefully you guys still want to continue reading this story. Thanks for subscribing and commenting! And yes... there will be Taeny next chapter and hopefully some Yulsic? We will see. This is a Yulsic fic after all. Heh.

Thanks again for reading.

-rayneee