Awake Part 2

All it Takes

All it Takes

Chapter IV - [Awake Part 2]

 

"Yuri... Yuri, wake up."

The black pearl's eyes would slowly open and adjust to the low light of the room. Somehow, she felt her body getting heavy and at the same time, still feel the alcohol running through her veins, keeping her in a drunken stupor. That dream was most unexpected and she really felt ashamed to admit the fact that she rather enjoyed it; evidence of that would be the throbbing sensation and heat coming from the area between her legs and the wetness that came with it. I must have aroused myself in my sleep. Who shook me awake anyway?

Oh... OH!

Yuri woke up with a start when her honeyed eyes turned to see the person beside her. It was her cru- roommate, Jessica Jung, the 'Ice-cold Princess' herself, back from the club. She lets out a terrified but muffled shriek as she tried to jump out of the blonde's reach. She was more than a hundred percent sure that the other's 'fist of fury' would come crashing down her skill any second now; but she would rather not get a beating right now since the brooding headache from drinking too many bottles started to kick in. Shrinking back like a scared little pup, the Yul covered her head and closed her eyes as she awaited the coming painful hit.

 

Seconds passed, then a minute, when Yuri noticed Jessica was not even makinng a move nor saying a word. She was still backed up but decided to open one eye to look at her friend. Sica was just there looking at her with an amused look, a faint chuckle escaping her lips. It was then that Yul noticed her bangs were in her face and she looked like some sort of ghost that woke up-

After fixing her messed up hair she mumbles, loud enough for the blonde to hear. "H-hey, Sica-ah? I'm sorry, I must have fallen asleep; I failed to wait for you. I'm sorry." Not realizing she said apologized twice, she just looked at the blonde with a surprised look. Jessica simply smiled at her and slightly chuckled while twirling her bestfriend's hair, making her wonder wy she was this cheerful tonight.

Did she do something already with her boyfriend?

It made Yul look round and saw that the guy Jessica was with earlier was nowhere to be seen, meaning her friend must have left him somewhere along the way. She quirked an eyebrow when the shorter girl finally said, "It's okay, Yuri-ah. I understand, it's me who should apologize. I'm sorry if I made you stay up so late just to wait for me to come home."

"Hey, it's no big deal. What are friends for? By the way, where's y-your boyfriend?" The black pearl asked, with some slight stuttering. It was then Sica shook her head and her lips slightly curled down but she still held a half-smile to look tough for her roommate to see.

"More like ex-boyfriend. I dumped him back at the bar; he's a big ert." Jessica corrected Yuri as she turned her head away and crossed her arms in front of her chest. Her expression was a mixture of disappointment and sadness with a tinge of relief. The blonde was probably thinking that it was alright since she saved herself from another gross person despite how insulting it was to the female.

Yul rolled her eyes and sighed out, "Oh boy, why? Wait, if the reason was he was going to cop a feel at your s again, well, I won't be surprised. What's new with that?"  She ran a hand through her unruly strands and said in a joking manner, "Every boy just wants to get inside the princess Jessica Jung's pants because she's said to be a good squeeze for sure. Your body's drool-worthy to men with your s and alone!"

A good squeeze indeed... Hell, if God would allow me, I wouldn't mind tapping tha- Eh! What the hell am I thinking- Yuri... what is up with you, she's your best friend, god damn it!

Yul laughed a little but stopped when Jess started to purse her lips and her shoulders began to quiver. There were tears that were starting to pool upon her lids meaning the 'Cold Princess' was trying not to cry, but all these attempts were rendered useless when they started to fall down her cheeks. Yul flinched and felt guilty about what she said and waved her hands around, trying to comfort her friend a little, "Ah, hey, I'm just kidding, okay? I'm sorry if what I said was insulting. It's just a joke, Sica-ah. I'm sorry."

The princess was still quiet as she placed her hands over her face as silently wept. Soft sniffs and a hiccup was soon heard, making Yul move closer to the other girl and started hugging her. She wished Jessica would just hit her endlessly now; she hated herself when she went to far with her jokes that she thought was funny... clearly not. That was the reason why she did not mess around with Jessica these days... unlike when they were still high school kids; she decided to drop the jokester act, although there were still moments when she found herself spilling out a tease or two.

"Sica, I'm sor-"

"D-do you t-think I'm just g-good for simply o-ne n-ight s-stands? N-nothing more?"

"Huh?" Yuri's eyes widened at this question. Does Jessica seriously think of herself that way?

"A-am I n-not good enough f-for a lasting rel-relationship? L-like yours before?"

The black-haired beauty grabbed the blonde girl's shoulders to make the weeping girl look at her directly. her face was hard, a bit angry at what Sica said. "You're not that kind of girl, Sica; you know that. You're much better than that. Any guy who thinks that you're nothing more than a buddy is not worth your time. You deserve something more than that, okay?" Those words were firm; Yuri would not allow anyone to treat her best friend that way. If a man were to just harass and mess around with a girl like Jessica, then that man does not deserve to be with anyone at all.

"You haven't met him yet, Sica-ah. Just try to be more patient, okay? He will come for sure."

Ouch, that hurt. Why did I say something so stupid- I know that saying that would just depress me. Yuri thought as she let go of that last sentence. Of course, she always reminded herself that Jessie should be with a guy, not some girl. It was a normal thing after all; reality hurts all the time... but Yuri had no choice but to deal with that every single waking day of her life. It was hard to control one's emotions knowing that the one who had captured her heart was with her under one roof what more if she was always interacting with the blonde. Her hands slide down the sniffing girl's arms and lowered her head as she mumbled, "D-don't cry, okay, Sica?" I don't like seeing you in this state- Yuri thought. Gradually, Jessica had managed to stop her crying and started to wipe her tears away.

"S-s-stupid Yu-ree..." Jessica muttered under her breath, but loud enough to make her roommate hear. In a split second, the blonde was back to her 'Cold Princess' act and her left hand went into contact with Yuri's arm as she pushed her jokingly. Gingerly, the black pearl felt her arm and chuckled, "That hurt, but looks like you're all better now."

"Yeah, I guess. Let's sleep already. I'm tired, and we still have class later. You sure you won't have a hangover when you wake up, Yuri?" The blonde female asked, concern now mixing with the tone of her voice. She had always worried about her best friend's drinking and her possible inability to get up because of a splitting headache or whatever in the morning. Sica needed to prepare her medicine if that happened; it was the only way she could repay the kindness her best friend gives her.

Draping an arm around the blonde, Yuri smiled and answered, "Don't worry about me, Sica. I'll be fine; I'll just take a shower then I'll be knocked out. You should ake one too so you'll have you beauty sleep. I'll be going now." With that, she removed her arm from her friend and proceeded into her room to wash up. They had their own bathrooms in their apartment rooms so they need not have to wait for each other when cleaning up. Not to mention, it removes the temptation of sneeking in the bathroom when Sica is using it for Yul.

 


 

The warm water was enough to shake her out of her drunken state and it was a relief for herself; she was not hurling her guy out on the toilet this time, and that would sicken her if that happened. She did not take too long under then shower and was soon drying herself up and putting on her night clothes. She wondered how many hours she still had before her alarm would go off... then simply shrugged it off since the black-haired female realized her class was not that too early in the morning. With quiet steps, the black pearl padded silently to the side of her bed, stretched and was about to get ready for dreamland when she hear knocks upon her door. There could only be one person...

Now what does she want?

Letting out a weary sigh, Yuri walked over to the door and slowly opened it, expecting of course, who else, her princess, Sica. The blonde was also ready for bed and was even clutching her pillow close although the only thing off here was she was not in her room.

Even knowing the answer.. I should still ask.. "What is it, Sica-ah?"

At first, there was a couple of minutes of silence then Jessca finally snapped out of her trance and asked in a shaky tone, "C-can I sleep in your r-room tonight, Yul? I-I just feel so alone in mine... a-and you're the only one I c-could-"

Yul cut her off to prevent the girl from explaining any further.

"...Come in, Sica. Let's just sleep, okay?"

Nodding, the blonde made a beeline towards the other female's bed and sat down. Yuri closed the door and locked it before proceeding to her cot too and sitting beside the one and only Jessica Jung. She mentally thanked God that her bed was large enough to accommodate two people.

"Thanks, Yul. I'm really sorry if I'm--"

Yuri shushed her again and shook her head and said, "Nah, don't worry about it. It's nothing." If they were still in high school, Yuri would have probably teased the cold-princess to no end about sleeping in her own room, but that was before. Yuri has dropped most of her immaturity and knew well enough that her best friend's loneliness was different now. This was all she could give for support since she wasn't the best at comforting people, but for the Jung, it was different. They soon lay back on the mattress and tried to doze off.

"Good night, Yuri-ah."

"Sleep well, Sica."

A good hour must have passed and Kwon was still awake. She swore she felt tired already but whenever the body beside her touches her own... that was a different story. Plus, she could not get a wink of sleep because she was idly staring at the beauty's beside her slumbering form. Breathing peacefully that time, laying on her side, her pillow forgotten. Yuri's dark orbs were locked onto the blonde's face and wondering about a lot of things.

Yuri jerked in her place when her princecss unconciously looked for her pillow in her sleep and unfortunately, or should I say fortunately, hugged the now blushing Kwon. It was not that Yuri minded, no, but their position was almost too tempting for a female-loving person to resist.

Oh my god- Sica... Why do you do this to me?

Jessica had her arms around Yuri, snaking around her torso while her face was burried in the crook of the taller one's neck, her breath tickling the sensitive skin of . She swallowed and breathed in and out to keep herself from panicking when she heard the blonde mumble quietly, "D-don't leave... don't leave me... Yuri..."

Yul bit her lower lip; now she could not resist that! Giving in, she just tried to relax and get some sleep. Her mind was filled with questions and thoughts. She needed someone to talk to, but not the one beside her at the moment.

I know who to talk to...

Reaching out her hand towards her dresser, she took her phone and started to type a text message to a certain person: Meet at the usual place around 4pm. We need to talk asap, it's important.

After that, she hit the send button and placed her phone back in its original place. Without meaning to, Yuri placed her own arms around her best friend and held her closely, protectively. She kissed the top of the blonde's head as she told herself this final coherent thought before slipping into unconsciousness, Taeng will surely know what I should do about this.

 


A/N: Debating if I should have Taeny be together from the get-go or have some fluff around them? What do you guys think about the story so far?

 

Thanks for the people who subscribed and commented :) 

-rayneee