Escape

All it Takes

All it Takes

Chapter XI - [Too Late]

Yuri sighed out, her brow furrowed as she came out of the Arts Building. They were given school work where, coincidentally, they had to draw a female on a 20 by 30 inch-canvas and spruce it up with the medium of their choice; deadline was by the end of the semester. She remembered that day what Taeyeon said back in Chasjan yesterday; was fate playing a trick on her? Right now, she was thinking of where to get a good model, and by good, she meant those females who have curves which she knew she can stomach sketching and bringing to life on canvas... but those kinds of models were high-priced these days. Yuri groaned as she made her way down the steps and down the path towards Chasjan.

The black pearl got herself a good spot and decided to do her other schoolwork there at the establishment. With her ordered cup of coffee on the side and her sketch pad opened up, Yuri began her initial planning of what to do on her upcoming work by making out what would be a good pose for the model, what ambience she will convey through the painting and other things. She had been sitting there for an hour and frustration was setting in so quickly since she could not push away from her thoughts the image of Hyoyeon and Jessica together.

"You've got that scary expression, Yul."

Yuri almost jumped from her seat when she heard that voice. Clutching her chest, the black haired beauty narrowed her eyes as the person on the seat across hers. "Jeez, Yoona, you didn't have to scare me like that." She looked around, expecting Sica to be with her, but her bestfriend was nowhere to be found. Knowing Sica and Yoona, they were the two who always stuck together after classes because of how similar their schedules were despite being in different courses. "For a while there, I thought you were with Sica. Where is she?"

Yuri suddenly yelped when the brunette grabbed her by the front of her shirt and made a look that dripped with venom. The black pearl gulped. "You're not trying to set up Sica, are you?"

"Huh?"

"Jessica! Your best friend! Our princess! Your love- What the hell's the deal with setting her up with someone?" Yoona shook Yuri that people started to look at their direction. The brunette only mellowed it down after a while and hissed, "Who is this Kim Hyoyeon?"

Her face paled when she heard the name of her classmate. Did they think she asked Hyoyeon to come up to Jessica and date her? Hell no! Yuri tried to pry away Yoona's hand away from her shirt and answered, "I'm not setting her up with anyone, Yoona! Sica will surely beat me to death if I set her up with some random person. And Hyoyeon's my classmate, what's up with that?"

"That's not what I heard from , Yuri! You said to her it was fine that she approached Jess!" Yoona sounded worried from those words she said which made Yuri feel even more uneasy; she did say to Hyo that she did not mind it at all. But then again, who was she to even stop Hyoyeon from pursuing the blonde beauty? The black-hair female was just the ice princess' best friend and that was all that she was.

"So? What's wrong with that? It's not like Sica will even go for Hyoyeon. She only goes out with guys, right?"

"Not anymore; it's different now. Sica just gave girls a shot as of today, Yuri. Hyoyeon and Jessica have started dating just now."


What did I get myself into? 

It was late at night and Yuri still hasn't gone home. She was still shocked about the news about Hyoyeon and Jessica. Pain was evident in her eyes but what can she do. It already happened and the last person she wanted to see right now was her roommate, her crush, her best friend, the one and only Jessica Jung.

13 missed calls, 9 unread messages.. I'm too stunned to even respond to anything that's related to her right now. Last thing I want to do is criticize her about her life decision but that would just be too hypocritical coming from me. 

Incoming Call : Tae

Y; Yoboseyo?

T; Yul? Where are you? Jessica is getting really worried about you she called Tiffany and I like 10 times-

Y; I know, I know... I'm just scared to approach her.. especially with what Yoona told me a while ago..

T; You have to face it sooner or later. Go back to your apartment before HellSica is unleashed, that's going to be worse that the Sica you'll get when you get home.

Y; Alright... Thanks Tae.

T; You're welcome and don't worry you'll be fine. Also, Fany said you should apologize to Sica for worrying her.

Y; Okay, okay. I'll see you tomorrow or something. Thanks again.


Yuri was standing outside their apartment and still contemplating whether to go in or not. Before going back, she stopped by the mini-mart and bought some beer to drink away the night. She was anxious and nervous, she didn't know why she felt that way. Sica had dated before, but why was now different? Was it because it was a girl? Her friend to be exact? Yuri sighed and didn't notice the door slowly opening.

"Yul... Why are you home late? I was worried sick..."

"Ah- S-Sica d-didn't notice you there"

The two roommates stood there for what seemed like forever and finally the ice princess decided to break the ice.

"Are you just going to stand there and stare at me for the rest of the night or are you coming in?"

"Mianhe, Sica-ah." Yuri entered, dropped by the dining area and opened the frigde to deposit the food and drinks she had purchased. "Yul, are you just going to ignore my question? You didn't even answer me. Plus, you didn't answer any of my calls or messages. Am I not important to you or what?"

Thousands of thoughts flooded Yuri's mind. Her back facing Jessica, she didn't know how to approach the blonde without stuttering or feeling jealous about her new found relationship. Before she could explain herself, she heard muffled sobbing. She turns around and sees Jessica crying.

Holy ... What the did I do. Get it together Yuri... you shouldn't push your problems to other people, especially Sica for goodness sake. Brain, give me ideas, I hate seeing her in this state..

As Yuri approached the crying blonde, she begins explaining saying, "Sica-ah, you're important to me. Scratch that, you're more than important, you mean the world to me. I'm sorry I didn't answer any of  your calls or messages, I was, to be honest, scared to approach you. I heard about you... and-" Yuri clenched her fist and while doing so, gritted her teeth when saying the next line. "Hyoyeon.. I-I didn't know you started dating... girls."

Sica noticed the lone tear that escaped Yuri's eyes and it made her wonder why the latter was tearing up. Sica gets closer to Yuri and engages her into a tight hug.

"Stupid Yul. Stupid. You shouldn't be the one crying when I was the one who was worried sick."

"I-I-I h-had a dream... you left me. I thought this was it... I was frightened... you've always been here but someone is taking you away..." Yuri stuttered as she continue sniffing.

Jessica seeing Yuri in such a state was dumbfounded. She had never thought about leaving her best friend alone. The mere thought would never even pass her mind, she was confused as to why her roommate would even consider her leaving.

"Yul. Listen to me." Jessica grabs the black-haired girl's attention by placing both her hands on the female's cheeks. "I will never leave you. Never." 

Yuri feeling assured after hearing such words mumbles, "Mianhe, Sica... for worrying you and doubting you." Jessica brings Yuri to another tight hug and says, "Don't worry, I'm always here."


A/N: Are you guys proud of me? A____A I've been updating like every other day or something. Sorry for the cliffhanger but I swear you guys will love the next few chapters! I already have it planned in my head and it is going well... at least in my head... We'll see how it goes when I have the time to write again. My birthday is coming up and I'm turning 18 so I might be a little busy this week. I'm having my debut (filipino tradition) and ugh, so hectic. Thank y'all for subscribing and commenting and upvoting hehe. I appreciate it!

-raynee