Question

All it Takes

All it Takes

 
Chapter VI - [Question] 
 
"Tae-tae…"

Silence.

"Taeyeon…"

A quick scratching of pen on paper.

"KIM TAEYEON!"

"W-What? Yes, Fany-ah? I didn't hear you, mianhe!" Kim Taeyeon rubbed the nape of her neck as she placed her pen down for a while to take a break from her furious note writing. Ever since they got there at the Chasjan, Taeng was already buried in her notes while Tiffany preoccupied herself with playing on her girlfriend's cell phone.

At first, the notion of flinging different types of birds close to going on a rage at flimsy structures to defeat green pigs was entertaining, but once it dragged on and the levels became almost repetitive or hard, Tiffany would be wanting to have a talk with Tae… who unfortunately still had her nose stuck in her schoolwork. It was not that the pink-obsessed girl did not like the eagerness of her partner to study, actually, she was proud of it, but sometimes, she noticed that she was way too busy to even have quality time with her. Somehow, a pang of jealousy was brewing inside her, how amusing it would be to think of her getting envious of a bunch of notes and classes.

Fany sighed and pushed the cell phone towards Tae, saying, "You're terribly hooked on doing your notes, huh? You didn't hear me when I called you." The brunette smiled awkwardly at her girlfriend and laughed weakly, her cheeks slightly flushed in shame for her inattentiveness to Tiffany.

"Sorry, Fany-ah… I guess I'm getting to serious with this college thing because I'm worried about failing."

"But you haven't failed one subject ever since you entered the university." True, and quite a miracle, even though she was not the best in class, Taeyeon got grades beyond the passing mark. "You worry too much; you're doing just fine. Take a break even for a bit."

The brunette smiled and slowly laced her fingers with her girlfriend, lightly giving her hand a squeeze of assurance as she said, "Alright, I will. Right now, all I wanna do is spend time with my lovely girlfriend" Taeng's voice was soft, gentle yet was tinged with mischief and longing. She even emphasized what she said by moving her face forward inch by inch closer to the dark-haired girl's own.

Tiffany could feel her face heat up, her heartbeat quicken as her lover got nearer each second. Her lips quivered in anticipation, though a little voice in the back of her mind screamed at her that she was in a public place. People might look, people might see…

I shouldn't be allowing this… I have to stop her…

Her mind was in turmoil but it seemed that her body was not obeying her at all. Good thing Taeyeon noticed her slight hesitation and she teasingly whispered, "Do you want me to stop, Fany?"

"T-Tae…"

"I'm this bold just because we're in a secluded area. Yuri said we have to talk in private after all."

Tiffany's eyes darted around her for a minute, realizing what her girlfriend just said. She finally remembered they settled inside a spot where they would be surrounded by partitions, making them invisible to those around them, save if someone actually stood by the covers and poked their head in.

To hell with it…

The girl slowly pulled the brunette close and kissed her lips. Shy and slow at first, Fany kept the kiss gentle for the first few seconds as Taeyeon returned the affection. It became more passionate as seconds passed and Fany felt the fire in her belly ignite stronger; she had the urge to push her lover down and do more until…

"Ho-lee-! Oh my god I'm sorry, jeez, I didn't mean to barge in on your… er, private time!"

It all happened in a split second when Tiffany heard that voice, she pulled away and pushed Tae away, hard, that the brunette's back slammed against the upholstered seat and her poor head banged against the divider. Realizing what she had done, Tiffany rushed to Tae's side and tried to aid the poor girl.

"I'm sorry, Tae-tae! I'm really sorry, Yul just surprised me. I'm really sorry!" She apologized continuously, feeling really bad like she was the scum of the earth for hurting her girlfriend. Tae smiled goofily as she tried to assure Tiffany that she was fine while Yuri, who just came in, also sat on the other side of the girl.

"Mianhe, Fany-ah. I never thought I'd walk in on you two ki- er, having some quality time."

"It's okay, Yul. It's inappropriate to do it in public after all." The girl blushed as she fidgeted with her fingers.

"Unless you want to really be seen by others?" Taeng said as she made a kissy face towards Tiffany and gave her an affectionate peck on the cheek, making her lover blush even a brighter red.

Yuri laughed and started to set down her bag and art stuff, saying, "Man, you two are really making me jealous. I could only wish I have someone right now." That statement made her remember the girl who dumped her, but she was over that and can easily talk about it. She ran a hand through her bangs and continued, "Anyway, Sunny-ah, Three tall white mochas, please, and give mine an extra shot, thanks!" She motioned to a barista who happened to pass by their spot. The woman smiled and nodded, taking note of their choice of beverage.

"Three white mochas, coming up!"

"Yul. You don't have to pay for our drinks here. I can pay for…"

"No, no, Fany-ah. When Yul wants a heart-to-heart, she usually pays… the first round, that is." Tae said as she reached out and pushed the dark-haired girl's wallet back in her bag when she tried to take out some money.

"But…"

Yuri laughed and ruffled her best friend's girlfriend's hair, who mewled like a cat, "It's okay, Fany. This one's on me. I owe you both for this time, when you two should be out doing things couples do."

Tae lunged at her black-haired frien and squealed, earning the brief attention of those inside the coffee house. "So, what were about to talk to me about that you say is sooo urgent?"

"Yeah, Yul, even I am curious. Come on, spill the beans already."

Chuckling a bit and moving a little in the brunette's hold, Yuri smiled rather weakly and replied, "Well… You see… I need to talk to you… about Sica."


"…because I swear, I'm going to go crazy if I hook up with another jerk!"

"Calm down, Jessica. Perhaps a cup of coffee will help you calm your nerves, ne?"

Im Yoona walked alongside a rather irritated Jessica Jung as they had just finished their classes. Yoona happened to take on Medicine as her course, wanting to help kids most specifically in the future. Jessica, on the other hand, decided on taking Literature. Her creativity emerged when they entered university and since then have been improving more and more.

The ice princess reached up and rubbed her temple with a hand, groaning under her breath while the female by her side patted her back. They stopped for a while when the blonde leaned against one of the huge marble pillars at the hallway while Yonna took the space not far from her. The blonde female's back slid down from the smooth stone and soon, her bottom hit the floor, enabling her to drop her notes aside and hug her knees close. Her companion simply smiled and allowed her friend to think things through and let the storm inside the usually composed female settle down.

"Hey, Yoona… Why do you think I'm this unlucky when it comes to guys? Remember what I said before when we were in high school? When I said 'I'm never getting married'? I think it's finally coming true."

Yoona jerked from her relaxed position and turned her eyes at the girl beside her, saying, "That's quite a harsh assumption, y'know. Are you going to allow yourself to grow old without someone by your side?"

"No! I wouldn't want that! No one wants that!" Sica replied rather defensively as she suddenly stood up from where she sat. Her voice was quite louder than she thought because some of the passers-by glanced at her when she answered her friend.

"Except for those who want to live for the rest of their lives inside a convent… Well, sort of." Yoona chuckled. "Look, I know you want your ideal 'happily ever after' but don't you think you're rushing a bit into this?"

Sica remained silent for a while and wrapped her arms around herself as she listened to Yoona's words. To Sica, Yoona was often the one who hits the nail right on the head when she voices out her thoughts. She may not say much, but when she does, her words often hit home.

"Just take it easy, Sica. Don't tire your heart out on the wrong people. Just wait… You'll never know, the right person might be just around the corner…"

The blonde sighed and took into mind Yoona's words. Perhaps she got too excited when they finally graduated, being free in a world when the endless possibilities of meeting new people got to her. She looked back and realized that she had, indeed, jumped into this a bit too early, not giving herself a little breather in between guys. Maybe she should hit the brakes for now and yes, wait…

"You're right, Yoona. Maybe I should remain single for the mean time and just wait. No harm in waiting for the right one, ne?"

"Uh huh… Just take it slow for now, Sica. Hey, I was wondering…" Yoona's voice was rather firm at first then started to sound rather dreamy afterwards. Sica blinked at the sudden change and it dawned on her why her usually talkative friend's mood turned to a total three-sixty by then.

It looked comical, but it showed all; Yoona sported makeshift 'Yuri Goggles' from her notes and was spying on another girl… a rather cute one, simple natural make up and her lips set in a constant smile. Sica sweat dropped and took a moment to take in the girl's beauty; sure, she was cute, but somehow she was just not her type.

"Don't you think she's pretty?" Yoona asked Sica as she lowered her 'Yuri Googles', waiting for the blonde's response. Yoona admitted she was attracted to both es, but found her own gender more appealing. She was still single right now and was taking her sweet time to just cruise along casually without jumping into a serious relationship. 'Not just yet', that was her stance.

"She's pretty, yeah. But the look is too cutesy for me. I prefer those who look tough on the outside, yet sweet on the inside. Y'know, the kind that may be bad one minute then all puppy-eyed the next? I dunno, I like that kind of person. I just get tangled up with the 'bad all the time' type." Sica answered with all honesty, she knew she could bare her thoughts to the blond.

"Ah, is that what Sica-ah wants?" A mischievous smile danced upon her lips as she tapped her cheek. Her eyes looked around and shone when she said, "How about that one? What do you think?"

Sica's eyes followed her friend's gaze and she immediately stood dumbfounded on the spot. Apparently,her mischievious friend had weeded through the crowd and spotted a recognizable face, a face she was most definitely familiar with.

Kwon Yuri…

Jessica was surprised when she felt her heart skip a beat when she looked at her best friend as she came out of the Fine Arts Building. Yul had grown taller as if she had a growth spurt in just a few months. Her black hair was sort of messy, it gave Yuri a rugged, almost manly look. Those eyes; oh, those black orbs that always reflected happiness, somehow Sica felt like she was mesmerized by those eyes. And her smile, that mouth that constantly held that cheerful look…

"Hmm, does Ms. Jung like what she sees?"

"Huh? What?" The blonde female snapped out of her thoughts and tore her stare away from her best friend.

Yoona smiled and answered, "You're gaping at her, Sica… Does that mean Yuri is your type?" Her facial expression became dreamy once more.

"W-What? N-No! No way! Yuri is…! Yuri is my best friend, I would never…! I can't…!" Blood started to rush to the Literature student's cheeks as she tried to deny Yoona of her liking Yul's type. She covered now warm cheeks with her hands, trying to suppress herself from looking like a ripe tomato, but it cannot be helped since her eyes fell upon the figure of the black beauty who was walking away from the scene. It only made her blush even more.

Yoona laughed and patted the back of her friend. She never really pushed the thought forward, but she had noticed how Sica looks at Yuri. But of course, she knew better that the blonde herself was not sure of what she felt yet. With her record of being with males alone could have categorized her as a straight person, but Sica had admitted to be see girls attractive as well, although stuck to just looking. Biual like Yoona, perhaps? She still needed a little more proof for that.

"Calm down, Sica. It's okay, you can stop thinking about it. I was just kidding." Yoona said and continued, "Why don't we go to the Chasjan for that cup of coffee? I need a perk-me-up after that long lecture of our professor." She smiled genuinely as she held onto Sica's arm while the blonde, in turn returned the smile and nodded in response. They started to walk until Yoona noticed another familiar face, and one could really swear her eyes were really that good in spotting other people.

"Good afternoon, Seohyun, I see you're out of class as well."

The former president of the student council, Seo Joo-Hyun, had coincidentally passed by and was surprised to see two familiar figures. She took the same course as Yoona, although was in a different section. Pushing her glasses up the bridge of her nose, she smiled at them both and nodded, "Good afternoon, Yoona, Jessica,So glad to see you two; I was just about to go to Chasjan for coffee. Want to come with me?" The usually serious female was more easy-going now, a bit of a takeoff from her normal attitude. Taeng and the others did not see this as something bad, but regarded it as a good thing.

"Oh, we're about to go there too. Let's go together then!"

So what once were two now became three; the girls discussed college matters, about their activities and even their free time on the way to the coffee shop. The Chasjan was filled as always with college students getting their favorite blend of caffeine and the group had to look around to get seats.

"Haaa… This place should seriously expand with all the customers pouring in when classes end."

"Yeah, it's even more packed when it's music night!"

"Hm, isn't that Yul, Fany and Tae in that enclosure over there?"

Sica and Yoona turned their heads over to the direction Seohyun was pointing and saw the trio she mentioned. They seemed to be talking and as accustomed they were to greeting friends, Yoona, Jessica and Seohyun approached the already seated girls.


"Wow,Yul. I guess it's only natural that you'll eventually fall for her. Well, considering that's she's beautiful, talented, smart…"

"Okay, okay! I get it already! I like her, okay? But I can't just tell it to her face because for sure it will jeopardize our friendship." Yuri said as she clenched her fist, making a rather desperate expression as she lowered her head. So she had finally let it out to the two and Tae and Fany understood their black-haired friend. Actually, they felt a bit sorry for her since they too knew the risk that could be involved if Yuri suddenly came out clean.

"Sica might freak out if you tell it to her straight away. We still don't know how she really rolls." Tae said as she tapped her finger upon the rim of her coffee cup. To all of them, Sica was still an uncertain case. "It's really romantic and all, falling for your best friend. But why don't you give it some time first? Maybe in time, Sica-ah will realize how you feel for her?"

Yuri and Tiffany simultaneously looked at Tae with astounded looks; Taeyeon was not always this full of good advice. Tae only looked at them with a sincere smile, and asked, "What? Did I say something wrong?"

The two only laughed at Tae's expression and finally, the black pearl declared, "I might as well follow what Tae said. Knowing Sica, she'll never-"

"I'll never what?"

The three seated girls were stupefied in their places when they heard that familiar voice. Yuri tried to smile, but very awkwardly did so as she waved towards Sica. Tae blinked while Fany tried to hide her face, twirling a lock of her hair and whistling while trying to avoid the piercing gazes of the ice princess, Yoona and Seohyun.

"O-Oh! H-Hey, Sica. Fancy meeting you here!" Yuri greeted.

"Fancy seeing you here, Yul. What were you three talking about? Why did I hear my name?" The princess asked, her stare becoming a bit murderous by the second. The black pearl was about to answer when Tae suddenly piped in and replied for her, with a very, very bad answer.

"She was just saying that you, Sica, will never pose for Yuri for a painting even if she was dared to~"

"WHAT?" Yuri and Sica asked at the same time.


A/N: Sorry I took so long to update. Thanks for the new subs and comments :) I'm currently in an internship and I haven't had a chance to sit down and just write but here's a really long chapter for y'all. Hope you enjoy it <3 Hope you can comment more and give me some ideas on how you'd like this to go!

Thanks again!

-rayneee