New Beginning

All it Takes

All it Takes

Chapter X - [New Beginning]

Wake up early, bathe, get dressed and have breakfast; that was the Jung's routine each and every morning of the weekdays in her college life. Her classes do not start until 8;30 AM but she made it a vow to rise before the sun was completely up. She wouldn't be the girl that couldn't be woken up. Also, it gave her the opportunity to do a little exercise here and there to shake the cobwebs of sleep from her head. On time as always, the blonde was good and ready to go at five minutes before eight; all she needed now was to eat her breakfast and she will be on her merry way.

Now breakfast was another matter; Yuri volunteered to do breakfast for them both as part of her share of the chores round the apartment together with washing the dishes. Sica did not complain since her bestfriend's servings were always mouth-watering and satisfying, knowing that her black-haired roommate was one of the best when it came to cooking. She knew how Sica liked her eggs and toast, even her coffee was made flawlessly, everything was simply perfect.

However, Jessica's nose failed to pick up the aroma of an awaiting breakfast in the dining area and the sound of her friend humming an old TTS song. She was greeted by the silence of the area and was suprise that Yuri failed to wake up early. She could let slip the instances when her bestfriend got drunk, but last night they only had coffee and a few snacks so she quickly went to Yul's room to check on her.

Is she sick? No, it can't be; she was fine yesterday. Oh my, did my beatings knock her out for good? Maybe I should've been a little gentler! I'll never forgive myself if I killed her! Ugh, stupid HellSica...

All these silly thoughts were wiped out of her brain when she finally arrived in Yuri's room. She did not need to knock since her companion rarely locked the door to her personal abode, knowing that Sica might coming needing something from her. Carefully approaching the bed, the blonde soon peeked among the covers that were wrapped around the sleeping beauty. She looked more tired that the usual, despite her going to bed early, but in truth, Yuri was up all night thinking about what she did before coming home.

She could not believe that she practically opened the opportunity for Hyoyeon to try winning Jessica, her bestfriend, over, when she should have said something else to end it before it even began. Her mind was plagued by a whirlwind of thoughts and it was already morning when exhaustion finally lulled her to an uneasy slumber. Even Yuri's dream were of Jessica and Hyoyeon, not of her and Sica... which was a nightmare in itself.

Her alarm was blaring loud and yet the tired teenager did not move still; her alarm was set on 7;00 AM and it must have been cackling on snooze now. Taeyeon's voice was singing Adrenaline on Yuri's phone but she was knocked out to turn it off. Sica sighed, silenced the alarm tone and shook her companion awake gently afterwards until she was caught off guard by Yuri's rambling.

"Don't leave me, Jessica..." Yuri mumbled in her sleep.

"Yul? Yul? I'm right here, stupid. Wake up."

A groan was heard from underneath the sheets and soon, black orbs opened and groggily stared at the blonde before Yul asked in a low raspy voice, "Wha' time 'sit?" Jessica could clearly see that the other girl was really tired and surely, there was something in Yuri's mind, especially after the weird mumbling. Allowing her fingers to brush through the dark-coloured tresses, Sica smiled at Yuri and said in a quiet tone, "It's eight o'clock in the morning, Yuri-ah. You didn't wake up from your alarm. Are you alright?"

One hand darted towards the mobile device that was on her dresser and the the black pearl groaned when she realized her blunder. Furrowing her brow while sinking deeper into the covers, she said, "Oh man, I'm really sorry... I slept in, it's my fault. I should make you some breakfast at least." She was about to get up when Sica stopped her while shaking her head.

"It's fine, Yul. Go back to sleep. You look like hell and you should rest; you still have a couple of hours before your afternoon classes. I can just pick up my coffee and breakfast at the cafeteria." Her hand moved to Yuri's forehead and checked if the girl was sick. She was warm, but it didn't seem like she was sick. Yuri made an apologetic expression that it was almost too cute for the ice princess to handle. "Don't worry, Yul. I understand, don't get too hyped up on missing one breakfasat with me. I'll be going now, alright?"

Hell, it's not the breakfast at all, Sica. It's you; I practically gave you away to Hyo and now I'm dreading that I may have committed a grave mistake. Sica, Sica-ah... I want to say what I feel but I'm afraid.

"Okay. Take care, Sica. I'll see you later."

I should tell her about Hyo, tell her that she should turn her down right off the bat. Sica is my friend, my best friend; it should be Sica and Yuri, YulSic, not her and Hyoyeon. Sica... Sica, my Sica. She should be mine.

"Bye, Yuri."

Despite how loud Yuri's thoughts were inside her head, they stayed unspoken and she can only watch the blonde walk out of her room and close the door behind her. She sat up and hugged the blankets before burying her face into them, growling at herself for being so scared of voicing out her feelings for her best friend. Where was her courage when she confessed to her ex? That was easy enough and they lasted for a long while before things just crumbled into nothing. That was the past and somehow, Yuri became cautious about jumping into another relationship. She had swallowed her sadness and swore she could never find another girl who will love another girl. Bad thing was her own emotions wre pointing to only one person and the fear of losing the only person she ever cared for was looming right in front of her. Yuri gritted her teeth as she cursed into the bundle of sheets in her arms.


Jessica had her cheek pressed upon her enclosed hand as she lazily sipper on her iced cofee that day during lunchtime. She was watching Yoona talk... or rather; flirt with a girl who was known to like other girls too. When the two were finished and the other female was out of earshort, the brunette sighed out and muttered, "She would have been my type if only she was single and wasn't a womanizer."

"Wait, you were practically acting like an awestruck person and now you're saying she's not your type? What the heck, Yoona?" Jessica raised her brow as she scratcher her head. There will always be times when the blone will not be able to understand her friend. She may know some things when it came to attraction, but if Yoona was involved, what would be considered normal will be changed. The ice princess also wondered which gender her rich friend really liked; there would be times when she would see Yoona entertaining males and there would be instances when the brunette was seen fawning over girls too.

Yoona chuckled, took Sica's hand and patted it, saying, "Sica, you know I'm still looking around. I don't exactly pin myself down to one person just because I feel attracted to him or her." The blonde almost winced at what Yoona said; unliked the heiress, she jumped from one relationship to another so easily. As soon as she broke up with one guy, she readily made herself available to others without giving herself a change to rest her heart. In the end, the pain she felt for all those heartbreaks was catching up to her and the loneliness was beginning to settle in.

"I guess you're right. Maybe I should give it a rest and not date people first." Jessica said. The thought of being single may be a little unsettling for she will not have someone to be with for a while, but maybe it was the best thing that she can do for now. Yoona, however, shook her head and countered what her friend said, "No, no. When I meant you give yourself a rest doesn't mean you'll shut yourself off completely from the possibilities of finding someone. Do what I do: look around, date but do not commit, entertain people but don't give them high hopes... Just enjoy being single but don't lead others on, you get what I mean?"

Sica nodded, undestanding what Yoona said. Yes, that will be the best thing to do; it will let her see all the possibilities without the need to mull over the thought whether the person will be right for her or not right on the spot. She will have all the time in the world to decide whether she wishes to really enter into another relationship. The blonde smiled at her frined who returned the guesture. Yoona made another suggestion, "Or maybe you can just go out with those you already know like Yu-"

"Jessica Jung?"

That feminine voice made the ice priness turn her head towards the direction of the person and she was suprise to see a boyish girl before her, forgetting that Yoona was still speaking. She wore a shy smile which the other girl saw as cute to look at and she replied, "Yes? That's me."

The newcomer held out her hands towards the blonde and introduced herself, "Sorry for intruding you both. I'm Kim Hyoyeon, I'm a classmate of Yuri's at the Fine Arts Department." Sica took the girl's hand hesitantly and shook it, noting the slight chill she felt from it. Was she nervous? If she was, why? "I wanted to ask you something important."

Sica glanced at Yoona after she let go of Hyoyeon's hnd who kept a close eye at the girl, like she was deciphering what was the purpose of her approaching her friend. "Oh, I see. What is it, Hyoyeon?"

"Well, I know it's kind of sudden but here goes..."


A/N: Here's the much awaited updated, kekeke. Those who are here for YulSic, patient young grass hoppers. I just realized that we reached the 2k views and I'm so astounded! Thanks for those who continue reading this fic and those who are new as well. :-) Your guy's comments encourage me to update more frequently!

Thanks again to y'all.

-raynee