Let It Reach You

All it Takes

All it Takes

Chapter XII - [Let It Reach You]

yuri's thoughts
jessica's thoughts

I can't believe I cried in front of Sica... How stupid... the last time this happened was when I broke up with hat ex-girlfriend of mine... sigh...

After clearing up the mess and Yuri stopped crying, they just sat in silence until Yuri said, "So, um.. congratulations to you and Hyo. I heard the news." Yuri said in a somewhat cheerful tone while looking straight right through her bestfriend's hazel eyes.

"Uhh.. what are you talking about?" Jessica asked in a confused manner. The blonde had a questioning look in response to Yul's awkward congratulatory remark. "I mean, weren't you the one who set me up with her to begin with?"

"First of all, I didn't set you up... Second of all, I didn't set you up. When she asked me if she could approach you, I said yes thinking that she was just trying to befriend you, never did I consider a confession coming from her. Okay?" Yuri responded quickly to defend herself the blonde that she had no clue about her classmate's sudden confession. "Plus... I would never give you away." Yuri mumbles. Fany was right... I did regret telling Hyo it was fine to confess to Sica. Why am I so damn stupid-

"Well, I'm not dating her... yet. I told her we can start as friends before we go into something more serious." Sica replied in a calm manner while looking at Yuri's reaction.

Ever since Yoona's constant chatter about love in general and how it's closer than it might seem to some people, Jessica has paid more attention to Yuri. She noticed her eyes, , her face. It wasn't as if she hadn't notice them and done it before but she was looking more closely and spotting every detail about her best friend's features.

 

Her eyes are so mesmerizing. I could look at them forev- I wonder what she's thinking of right now, I'd love to know what goes around Yul's head. 

 

"Eh?!" After about a minute, Yuri had finally just digested what the ice princess had just said. "Friends? Bu-but I-I thought Yoona said you said yes to Hyo?!"

 

Jessica chuckled at Yul's action and said, "Omo... that Yoona... she lied to you. " Even though Sica knew completely about Yoona's plan, she just pretended that she didn't to avoid more questions to be asked.

 


 

Flashback to Yoona and Jessica's Conversation

 

"If she ignores or acts differently towards you after I tell her you started dating Kim Hyoyeon. It'll be your decision whether to believe me or not"

 

"That's crazy Yoona... Yuri does not like me that way. I know she's lesbian but come on, she cannot possibly-"

 

"That's why I'm telling you to decide for yourself. Hyo's sudden confession just made me think that if you're going to try a girl-girl relationship, you should at least consider the girl you've

been friendzoning for, uh how long have you guys known each other?"

 

"Are you alright Yoona? You're spewing out non-sense."

 

"Ask her if she has an unrequited love and if she says yes it strengthens my position and you will believe me after."

 

"Come on, everyone has unrequited love."

 

"Then ask her who it is, if she hesitates or stutters she's lying to you because it's you and she can't possibly just blurt that out in front of the one that she truly loves."

 


 

"Hey Yul... this is kind of an awkward question, would you answer it for me?"

 

What could she possibly ask me, I felt more relieved that they're just friends, thank the lord. I thought I screwed it up big-time.

 

"Of course Sica-ah, ask away?"

 

"How do you know if you're lesbian or biual?" Jessica blushed furiously after asking such an embarassing question.

Yuri merely smiled at the girl before saying, "For me, I just never found guys attractive, I felt girls were more gentle and caring compared to guys in general. Though sometimes you just don't know. You might not necessarily be lesbian nor biual but you feel more attracted to a certain person even though it's 'against' what you think you are. Does that help?"

 

What Yoona said is bothering me so much... it won't hurt to ask right?

 

"Mhm. And uh.. do- I mean, have you ever experienced an unrequited love?"

 

Yes.. you. This. Our relationship. I love you Sica-ah. 

 

Yuri hesitated for a second before responding, "Umm.. doesn't everybody? or is it just me. Haha." Yuri laughed awkwardly knowing the fact that the unrequited love her best friend was

talking about was in front of her.

 

Impossible. it's just what Yoona said. Why am I feeling butterflies? Do I like Yuri too? 

 

"Can you tell me about that person? Do I know her?" Jessica asked while trying to scoop more information out of Yuri.

 

Of course you know her, it's you... I know it's wrong but-

 

"Yeah, she's... She's beautiful. She's the most gorgeous person I know and she can always give me butterflies without even trying. Well, I don't have many talents nor any significant qualities that's why it's difficult to confess-" Yuri said while biting her tongue at the last sentence.

 

"What are you talking about Yul.. Anyone would be lucky to have you. You are the most charming and charismatic person I know, and you should take pride in that." Jessica interrupted and blushed at what she had said to her bestfriend.

 

I hope that's true- My princess, I'll confess to you soon... Please wait for me.

 

"Thanks Sica-ah."

 

I can't believe Yoona... I can't look at her the same after my bestfriend indirectly confessed to me... How can I face her now?

 

"Sica-ah? Are you feeling okay? You're face is turning red." Yuri places her forehead on her roommate's forehead and their lips are only a few inches apart. "You're burning, are you sure you're fine?"

 

"Ye-ye-yeah.. I-I'm fine." Sica stutters while trying to push Yuri gently away from herself.

 

I can't handle this... Yuri is too close.

 

"Well, I'm going to go to bed now... I'm feeling a little tired after waiting for you." Jessica yawns and while turning around and heads to her room, she mumbles, "I don't think I can handle another minute with Yuri- or else my heart will explode."

 

Yuri misunderstands Jessica as she hears only the first few mumbled words and she is disheartened by the fact that her best friend cannot stand to be in the same place as her.

 


 

As the night falls, the black pearl can only remember the few words her blonde roommate left her with I don't think I can handle another minute with Yuri.. she wondered what she did wrong, the conversation was going so wellthat she forget she did leave Jessica alone for a while, while she struggeld with her own problems. Certain thoughts like Yoona lying to her, Jessica's unusual behaviour, the music composition contest at Chasjan, her confession... 

 

On the opposite side of the apartment, a blonde cannot sleep as well. Her thoughts mainly on her best friend who confessed to her unknowingly and she cannot comprehend how she had miss the cues the black haired girl had given her in the years. She remembered the small flowers and ferrero rocher she had gotten every valentine's during high school in which Yuri mainly said it was from a secret admirer. Or the casually long hugs the tanned girl gives her when she is feeling down or the day where had gotten hurt and Yuri carried her bridal style and asked her every minute if she was alright. Thousands of thoughts flooded her head and the thumping on her chest didn't stop.

 

Am I in love with Yuri? 

 


A/N: Hi guys long time no talk and see... Sorry haven't been updating :x I've been so busy with my classes this semester, literally dying every day. Luckily today I didn't have much homework, mostly calculus which I am planning to finish tomorrow because I felt like writing today. I still want to thank the new subs and comments I've gotten whilst I was gone and hopefully you guys enjoy this little update and ...I will try my best not to procrastinate, like Hamlet, and get killed before I write a new chapter. Thanks again for your support and you guys can definitely let me know how you want the story to go (I'll dedicate a chapter for you if I like an idea but it might not fit in the current story-line). Other than that, hope you guys have a good week and see you again soon! (Also you guys should read: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/221759/landscaping-the-heart-angst-comedy-romance-snsd-yulti if you had not already done so because it is so goooood, like the KFC slogan... s/o to the author if you ever read my story which sounds hella stupid if you compare it to yours T_T please teach me the ways). Ok enough with my babbling, peace.

 

-rayneee