Chapter 4

Accidental Love

The next day

Areum's POV
 
Good morning world! Another day has arrived and this time, lets not mess it up Areum. I did some stretches to get ready for the day and made my bed before getting into the shower. Throwing my pajamas aside, i stepped into the shower and turned on the tap as i wash myself and my thoughts away. I was always told that i seem calm and positive but everybody has their own downsides too. I just prefer not to to reveal it because i don't want to come off as a weakling, although i think i just did yesterday. Forget it, lets just hope all goes well on this new day. 
 
Once i was done, i wrapped myself in a towel as i made my way to where my uniform was. I held it up infront of myself in the mirror and remembered the words my parents told me, just a few weeks before they left me all alone in this scary world. 
 
Flashback
 
Author's POV
 
Areum, Mr and Mrs Cho were eating in a 5 star restaurant at Incheon on the weekends. Just the three of them since it has been forever that they actually went out as a family. They ordered a whole bunch of different mouth-watering dishes and by the end of their devouring, they were all bloated— besides Areum who has a huge stomach, despite her petite figure. Areum insisted on paying since she recently just received her pay from her part time job as a coffee maker in a cafe. But a familiar hand stopped her from doing so. It felt so warm, soft and gentle, exactly like the latter's heart. She looked up to the owner of the hand to see her mum looking straight into her eyes, lovingly.
 
"Save it honey. I'll pay for it. All you need to do is study hard so you can treat me when you're older alright.." Her mum told her as she held out her credit card to pay instead. 
 
She then shifted her eyes to her dad as he joked, "Yes sweetie, study hard, earn a larger pay, then buy us a huge mansion alright.", earning a look from his daughter.
 
"I'm kidding." Doesn't seem like it dad, zzzzzz... 
 
"Just don't ever give up on your studies okay, its the key to a bright future. We both just want the best for our only daughter." he smiled, forming wrinkles on his eyes as he did. 
 
End of flashback
 
Mum, dad, i promise i won't let you down.. I miss you guys, so much...
 
I then got ready, straightened my uniform and smoothen out the wrinkles, tied my hair into a high ponytail since the weather has been getting a little humid here, made myself a scrambled egg sandwich—boy am i hungry, grabbed my bag and simple breakfast out the door to make my way to school.
It was still pretty early but i prefer it this way because i love taking long, slow walks, especially when i'm all alone—since there's no one around to bother me. 
 
I was just eating my sandwich as i walked slowly, savoring every single taste of it, until i felt a tap on my left shoulder. I looked to my left but there was no one, then to my right but there was no one again. So i ignored it, thinking that it was just my imagination until i felt it again. But this time i turned behind, only to be flicked really hard on the forehead. 
 
Jongin's POV 
 
I woke up way too early today, so i got ready as soon as i got up to kill some time but what do you know, it's just 8 and school doesn't start till 9. Well, whatever. Lets just get out of here, besides theres nothing to do anyway. I kissed Jieun's photo and slung my bag on my right shoulder and made my way out, trotting along the walkway and not making any effort to rush since its still early—and i'm never early for school. As i was walking casually, i noticed an awfully familiar figure. Isn't that..?
 
Author's POV 
 
"Ouch! What was that for.." Areum pouted for the nth time that week while rubbing her forehead. Man, he really doesn't go gentle when it comes to flicking foreheads.
 
He grabbed her sandwich and took a bite of it, as if he did nothing wrong.
"Goodmorning to you too!" he chimed while the mayonese off his lips.
 
"What are you doing here? Isn't it way too early for a guy like you? Aren't bad boys always late?" she asked playfully.
 
He was already walking slightly ahead of her thanks to his extremely long legs but Areum didn't bother to catch up since she was too caught up with her food, that has apparently been eaten into half. 
 
"You seemed lonely, and just so you know, i'm not a bad boy. Just because i-"
 
She cut him off before he could even continue and said, "Yeah, sureeeeeeeee.. And for the record, i'm not lonely! Sometimes being alone is way better alright." 
 
Is it really? He asked himself. And just like the day before, they bickered, joked around and argued their way to school, giving students from the school the wrong impression. They were more annoyed at Areum, since she's just another transfer student. It hasn't even been a week and she already got herself a guy— that's what majority thought. Gosh, as if they know what happened. They don't even know how innocent the girl actually is and they're already making up rumors about her. It is high school indeed.