Chapter 3

Accidental Love
"Y-yah, don't cry already.." Jongin patted her on the back, awkwardly.
 
It's been a long time since he encountered this and the last time he did, it was with Jieun. He obviously knew how to comfort her, infact, he was an expert in it, thanks to Jieun. But the fact that he still loves her, he just thought it wouldn't be right, as if he was betraying her. Jieun's gone, but he still has a hard time letting go. They dated for 4 and a half years, so its only right that he feels that way. But sometimes, you just gotta let go.
 
"I'm sorry." she laughed bitterly and sniffed. 
 
"No, i'm sorry.. For being rude.." he looked down regretfully, gaining a gentle smile from Areum. 
 
There was a moment of silence before Areum sniffed and spoke up , "I hope you don't mind me asking but, what happened?" 
 
He looked at her for a few seconds and dragged himself out of the room, leading her to the living room, because having to look at Jieun's picture while explaining the incident is a little too much for him to handle. She kept quiet and stared at him, waiting patiently, not wanting to rush him. He let out a breath and started. 
 
"She was the most beautiful being i've ever seen in my entire life, she was my first love. She was the only girl that could make me feel loved, the only girl who could make me smile... Everything was perfect, i pray every single day that what we had, won't end. Until that one day where she got into a car accident.. The doctor gave me hope, telling me that she was gonna survive but life just had to prove me otherwise. She left after a week of being in a coma. I was  honestly really lost and confused, Areum. I didn't know what to think. I lost the most important person in my life. I couldn't bring myself to smile again if it wasn't for her. It was a challenge for me to accept the fact that she was gone.. The past two years were the toughest time for me.. Nobody knew.." He let another drop of tear unintentionally. 
 
Areum stared at him, not because he was crying but knowing that he had to face so much by himself for the past few years. She knew very well how much it hurts to lose someone you truly love, just like how she lost both her parents from an accident too.. 
 
"Those are the reasons why i act this way. If you haven't noticed yet, people in school are afraid of me. Why? Because i've changed. I admit that. I haven't been myself eversince she has gone. Yes, i am cruel to others, i hurt them, but that's because life did that to me." He found himself admitting to the girl he just met that day. 
 
Silence surrounded the room once again.
 
"Alright, that's enough for the day. Now, go home." Jongin told her coldly. Bad boy back on track. 
 
"Arasso.." Areum stood up, put on her bag and turned to make her way out but before she could even take a step, Jongin placed his hands on her shoulder to stop her from going forward.
 
She turned around, showing him an innocent look. "I-I'll walk you home." he told her and stuttered at the same time. 
 
"Ani, gwenchana! I've troubled you enough and besides i'll be fine on my own!" she smiled sheepishly, her eyes curving into crescents causing it to sparkle even more. Jongin just stood there staring at her as she bid him goodbye in an adorable manner. Even so, she couldn't help but think of him as a bipolar for being nice at one moment and then turn ice cold at the other. Funny how they've only met for a day but they're already close to each other as if they've known one another for quite a long time. Well, thanks to her approachable personality, getting along with her is a piece of cake. Furthermore, having her as a friend is considered a privilege since she's like the full package for a friend.
 
Once she was out the door and already walking a few meters away from his house, Jongin then made his way out to catch up to her since he just didn't feel right allowing this girl to walk home alone, despite the fact that it was still day time. She was just kicking some stones on the floor like a little kid until a certain someone jogged to her side. Noticing a figure by her side, she faced her right and found Jongin casually walking beside her. Instead of saying anything, she just looked up to him and smiled to herself, grateful for what his doing.
 
Throughout the walk, she kicked stones here and there like a kid until Jongin spoke up.
 
"Urm, about what i told you back there, don't tell anyone about it alright. Don't even mention it again, ever." he warned but with a slightly gentle tone, to make it seem less intimidating.
 
"I'm gonna tell everyone in school and not miss a single detail about it." she joked and made a face at the end, causing him to flick her forehead.
 
"Wha-That hurts! I was just kidding." she pouted while rubbing her red forehead. "Its just my first day and i barely made any friends. I even think i've already gained some haters thanks to my lovely mouth." she sighed causing Jongin to roll his eyes and ruffle her hair. 
 
"Thank you. For what you did back there." she was being sincere because without his help, she knewshe  wouldn't be in one piece by now.
 
"I didn't do it for you alright. Yeah i like to create trouble but i don't like others creating chaos over something that involves me, especially when it's a girl." he told her honestly gaining a small smile from her.
 
Through out the walk to her apartment, they bickered over little things that were unnecessary, for example Areum expressing her positive thoughts over a random thing only to have it ruined when the cold guy reply in a different way and not to mention, mean. Makes me wonder if they actually just met that day? 
 
They were already close to her apartment and she assured him that she would be fine from there but he insisted on sending her to the lift itself. Bad boy trying to play cool. 
 
"Go in now." his said cooly while his hands were placed in the pockets of his pants. 
 
"Neh abeoji." she stepped into the lift and faced him. Then she playfully bowed 90 degrees and joked, "See you tomorrow old man." She chuckled to herself, obviously enjoying teasing him.
 
Jongin just stood there cooly, not bothering to argue with the girl as he watched her until the doors of the lift has fully closed. And a sincere smile appeared on his face, a smile that reached up to his eyes for the first time in forever.