Chapter 19

Accidental Love

On the day Areum got discharged, they really didn't do much besides Jongin taking really good care of her. I mean really. While she was resting in her room, an unexpected side of Jongin has unraveled. He was everywhere. Drying clothes, washing the dishes, vacuuming the entire house—which he hated so much, tidying anything he saw that was adding to the mess and cooking dinner for Areum and himself. It was nothing much, just a typical chicken porridge for the sick. 

 
But that side of Jongin, was definitely what you can call boyfriend material– even husband in fact. Never has he done any of that in just hours, by himself. He would usually add on to the pile of chores and leave it until the end of the week until the maids come and do everything for him. It's not like he couldn't do it, he was simply just lazy. 
 
With Areum living with him, he obviously couldn't live by that anymore. He knew he had to change and he definitely didn't want Areum to witness that side of him— although she's witnessed worse from him.
 
When he was done arranging the bowls of porridge, with a glass of plain water accompanying it, he wiped of the sweat of his forehead and sighed inwardly. He was wearing a black wife beater with sweat pants but he felt hot for some reasons. Maybe because he wasn't used to doing so much by himself. 
 
"Man, i really owe you guys..." he said to himself, thinking about the maids and realizing how ungrateful his been all this while. 
 
He made his way to Areum's room with slow, restless steps. He groaned at the flight of stairs before him. We need an elevator, seriously. It has been years that he've stayed there but especially on that day, he thought the stairs was really testing a patience and being burden. Well, I wouldn't blame him, he worked his off without taking a break the whole day. It's all for Areum..
 
After what seemed like an hour, he was finally outside of Areum's room. As a sign of respect, he knocked the door but wasn't aware that it wasn't closed fully before. Silence was the only thing he met when the door opened slowly. 
 
He walked in, listening to the calm breathings from the sleeping beauty. Areum. He walked comfortably towards her bed and settled right next to her. He reached out his hand and caressed her face gently, causing Areum to wake up from the sudden contact. She moaned and smiled shyly, clearly knowing who it was. Grabbing her comforter, she pulled it all the way to the top of her head in embarassment. 
 
Jongin chuckled at the adorable sight of her. "Sorry to wake you up sleeping beauty but its time to eat.." he said gently while pulling the comforter off her. She locked gazes with him and smiled at him cheekily. She sat up and yawned graciously as she stretched. Jongin couldn't help but smile at how beautiful she looked even when she just woke up. How is it possible that someone wakes up like a goddess? 
 
He pulled her arms and helped her up, then led her to the dining room. She sniffed at the gratifying smell of chicken porridge. Either she's really just hungry or Jongin's cooking dinner is something to be expectant of. "What's that smell?" she asked as she continued inhaling the delicious aroma. 
 
"Chicken porridge." he said casually. It wasn't a huge deal, really. She hummed as a response.
 
"Ooooo." turned into an 'O' shape when they were at the ground level. Witnessing how neat and clean it was, amazed Areum. She didn't know that there was another side of Jongin who doesn't mind doing all those chores despite how rich of a person he was. Maybe she doubted him too much. 
 
"Impressed?" he smirked and pulled out the chair for her to sit.
 
"You could say so.." she smiled thinly,  keeping her comments simple because she didn't want him to be too confident of himself. Knowing that he would if she overly praised him. He smiled witheringly as he took a sit opposite of her.
 
"Jalmuget sumnida!!" she charmed and grabbed her spoon that was placed neatly beside her bowl of porridge. Jongin placed his chin against his hands and watched her eat elegantly. She moaned at the delicious taste that lingered in her tongue.
 
"Mmmm.. This is really good!" she pointed towards the bowl. Jongin rolled his eyes playfully. He knew she was only saying that to make him feel better but he was thankful of that. But to Areum, she was sincere with what she said. Maybe because she was sick, it tasted like it was worth to be in a menu of a five-star restaurant. Yeah, she's definitely sick. 
 
When both of them were done with their dishes, they left it on the sink first and relaxed at the living room. Areum insisted on doing the dishes but with Jongin there, there obviously isn't a choice left for her. They sat side by side on the sofa, watching a romantic comedy movie that popped out of the tv-screen when he on-ed it. 
 
They were just watching the movie in silence until a scene of the main characters making out passionately starts to play on screen. Areum moved uncomfortably in her sit and shifted her gaze to her laps. It didn't bother Jongin at all but looking at how uncomfortable she was getting, he turned off the tv immediately. No doubt, his turning back into his old self again. 
 
Areum sighed in relief and Jongin giggled at how she looked as if she just avoided trouble. She was about to turn to face Jongin, but as she turned, a photo of Jieun that was on the glass cabinet caught her eye. She stayed silent. Why am i here, she thought. Aware of the relationship she had with Jongin, she thought again and again as her eyes stayed still on the photo. Jieun-ssi, i'm sorry... She apologized unnecessarily. She felt like a betrayer and she had no idea why. Jongin stared at her and realized she was staring at something else. He turned to face the sorcery that was grabbing her attention. 
 
He sighed, realizing that it was Jieun she was staring at. "Do you miss her?" Areum asked.
 
He stared into her eyes and told her honestly. "I would be lying if i said i didn't." 
 
She nodded and smiled bitterly.
 
"Then, do you still love her?" she asked without realizing her question.
 
Jongin became tense. He didn't know how to answer that. He doesn't not love Jieun, but at the same time, he doesn't love her. Its confusing...
 
"Its ok, you don't have to answer.. I'm sorry i asked.." she smiled bitterly and stood up. Honestly, she was disappointed but then again, they're just dating.. Its nothing compared to being in a real relationship. Its only a warm up before actually starting an actual relationship. If anything happens between them, she's just gonna look back and continue being grateful to him for allowing her to experience something different for once..
 
Jongin stood up and grabbed her hand tightly, causing her to turn and face him completely. "I'm sorry i can't answer that question.."
 
"But that doesn't matter Areum. And even if i do still love her, nothing will change.. She's gone... But i have you now."
 
"I don't want to be stuck in the past anymore Areum... I want to move on with my life.. with you.. So please. Please don't ever ask me that again, because I don't have an answer.. But what i know is, you're the one i want now, not Jieun, not anyone else."
 
He grabbed her by the waist and hugged her tightly. "I'm sorry Jongin.. It must have been hard for you. I'm sorry, i really am.." she returned his hug and encircled her arms around him. He caressed her hair and kissed the top of her head, sending a warm tingly feeling through her body.
 
You're the one i want Areum... 
 
Next day
 
"You can't go." Jongin told her sternly, his arms folded across his chest, showing that he was serious about it.
 
It was another school morning and Areum was healthy enough to go back to school— she claimed that she was, but no matter how persistent she was about it, Jongin still wouldn't allow her to go because she was just discharged the day before. How is it possible that she's completely fine the day after? 
 
She was all ready to go to school. Her hair was tied into a side braid—which Jongin couldn't deny that she looked beautiful, she was in her uniform, and she was already carrying her bag over both her shoulders. And if she had went earlier, maybe she wouldn't have to start an argument with him.
 
Jongin sighed in defeat. Annoyed, he unwillingly gave in and told her to wait as he went to wash up and get ready. 
 
She smiled in victory as she watched Jongin's retreating figure and snickered to herself. She went to the kitchen to make some breakfast for them to have on the go— a simple scrambled eggs sandwich, like always.
 
Jongin was done getting ready and his hair was still wet from his rushing shower. He wouldn't have to rush if it wasn't for her. He was worried that she might leave first without him. Although it wasn't anything big, it was important to him that they go to school together and come back together as well. He just didn't want to part from her.
 
She stared at him up and down. She felt like it has been some time since she saw him in a uniform and it would be a lie if she said he didn't look stunning. Adding to the gorgeous sight before her, his hair was still soaking wet and he looked undeniably hot. She couldn't refrain herself from staring.
 
Noticing how occupied she was, he squished her cheeks and spoke up.
 
"I know i look good but we're not getting any younger here." he said sardonically. 
 
Finally, she snapped out from her gaze, grabbed his hand and placed his own sandwich before walking away, feeling embarrassed. As they got out the door, she was about to take a turn to the right, where it leads to the path that usually walk but Jongin quickly grabbed her and pulled her before she could walk any further.
 
"We're taking the car today." he told her while walking towards a black Ferrari.  
 
"Whyyyy?" she whined as Jongin guided her to her sit.
 
"Why not?" he asked casually. 
 
And with that, she kept silent the whole ride to school. She didn't bother to argue anymore because she knew that it would just lead to her having a loss for words. They were about to reach school but she insisted that he dropped her off a distance away. The reason was obvious— she didn't want to be seen with Jongin although he made it clear that they're dating. But it's not like the others know about them. And its best that they don't, she thought.
 
He clearly didn't allow that to happen and drove straight to the parking lot of the school. Seeing familiar faces entering the school, she hung her head low and bit her lips, facing Jongin. She was afraid of getting caught and he knew that well but others judgements weren't important to him. It didn't and will never bother him.
 
He wanted to make it clear that Areum is with him and if anybody dislikes that, they will just have to live with it because Areum is the one he wants. Once they got out of the car, without wasting a minute, she bid him goodbye. "Alright i'll see u later, bye!"
 
She walked away briskly but she wasn't fast enough to leave because she was tightly held by Jongin. While sharing gazes, his hands travelled down to her hands and interlocked them making their way into the school.  
 
She instantly knew she was in trouble because the whispers grew and within seconds, a crowd was formed. You could say that they were considerate enough to leave a pathway in the middle for them to walk.
 
"Jongin, let go." she told him and tried wriggling her hands out of his touch, but he held them tightly and bent down towards her right ear and whispered to her. 
 
"We're dating, remember?"
 
 
 

HELLO PEOPLE! It's been a long time since i actually wrote an author's note right? I've been reading your comments and it really brightens up my day knowing that you guys are enjoying! Y'all are so cute!! Thank you  so much for reading and subscribing! I really do appreciate it ^^ I'll be really busy for the upcoming weeks because i have a competition coming up this weekend and exams are starting tomorrow.. Heol T_T.. I'll still try to update whenever i can! Whatever it is, continue reading, and please do subscribe, it really means alot to me! Do check out my other stories if you guys are interested hehehe. Hope you guys enjoyed, and stay tune for more exciting chapters! Takecare :-)
                                        -xoxo, pizzalove