Chapter 23

Accidental Love

An awkward atmosphere surrounded them as Jongin continues to glare daggers at Sehun, who returned his glares with intense stares, as if he was an animal ready to eat him alive.

 
Just then, Areum squeezed Jongin's hands, signaling him to stop and behave, if that was even possible for him. He immediately soften up and shared a look with Areum. Sehun's group of friends had already left to continue playing when they noticed the tensed situation between the two. They didn't want to be involved and with respect, they left them alone.
 
Jongin sighed when he saw the look on his girlfriend's face. "I'm sorry.. " he said, surprising Sehun that the bad boy could actually apologize.
 
Sehun had always been someone who was forgiving and mature. But if it involves a girl that he likes or his bestfriend— which in this case was both— it would be a little harder for him. Seeing how sympathetic she looked, Sehun knew he had lost the game that didn't even exist from the beginning. Thanks to Areum, he had learn to man up and not let his ego get the best of him. Besides, he didn't want to create a problem when he was already given the chance to meet her on that day.
 
"Areum-ah, could you give us a minute?" Sehun asked while giving her a reassuring look. 
 
She nodded and gave Jongin's hand another gentle squeeze before leaving the two to settle the grudge they've been having towards each other. She walked towards the other guys and joined them to play volleyball—which with no doubt, she at because of her short height. Jongin was reluctant to leave her with the guys but he knew a relationship wouldn't work if one gets jealous over everything. But at the same time, it only meant that he loved her so much that he didn't want anyone else to have her attention. He admits that he is stingy when it comes to her. He didn't want to share her with anyone else, be it her bestfriend or any other guy. He wanted her all for himself because he loved her too much. 
 
"So, Kim Jongin." Sehun started, causing Jongin to raise an eyebrow at him. 
 
"I'm guessing you guys are a thing now." he said casually with a hint of disappointment. Jongin noticed it but he decided to push it aside for the moment. 
 
"If a thing, means girlfriend and boyfriend, then yes. We are a thing." Just telling others about their relationship was enough to make his frown turn into a smile. Sehun gave him a look and judged him silently at his split personality.
 
Sehun sighed dejectedly. He brought his hands out and said, "Congrats, Kim Jongin." He smiled bitterly. Jongin looked at him and somehow, he felt a rush of guilt throughout his body. He then brought his hands out and clasped his with Sehun's. 
 
"Thank you.. Oh Sehun.." Jongin articulated his name, but for the first time since their first meeting, he said it with pure sincerity and genuinely.
 
Sehun released his hands and turned towards the sea. Jongin followed, and he finally understood why Areum was too occupied with the beautiful view. 
 
"Take care of her Jongin." Sehun told him but he kept his attention on the real life painting before him.
 
"She deserves to be happy.. And i thank you, for bringing her the happiness she deserves. I'm sure you know how much pain she had to go through, the struggle that she had to face all this while.. So i beg you, don't ever hurt her, in any way. Just don't hurt her, ever." Jongin stared at him as the younger continued advising him.
 
"Be there for her always. If she ever pushes you away, hug her tight. Because when she says she wants to be alone, she don't actually mean it. Yeah, she likes being alone, but I know she needs someone in her life.. She needs you.. So treat her nicely, like how you would treat your wife or how you would want a guy to treat your daughter in the future." 
 
Jongin nodded his head and placed his hands on his pockets. "You're lucky Kim Jongin. You're one damn lucky guy. I'm pretty sure it's obvious to you that i love her." Sehun confessed even when he knows that Jongin had already known from the start. To Jongin, it was impossible not to have feelings for Areum. Because, what's there not to love about Areum? He asked himself. 
 
"But i can never be someone else other than her bestfriend. She will never look at me the way she looks at you. And she will never know how much i love her in a romantic way... All she knows is that i love her as a bestfriend.. But it's okay. As long as she's happy then i am too.. I just want to see the same smile she has now, on every other day as well. Throughout my entire life with her, she has never looked at any guy like how she looks at you. I don't know how you did it but i envy you. So don't take it for granted. Love her with all your heart and take good care of her. Bring joy and laughters to her life, and never make her cry. Because if you can't do that, then i will." Sehun finally faced Jongin fully with a smirk on his face.
 
"I got it Sehun. I'll make sure she's mine until my very last breath. Because i love her so, so much." Jongin smiled, followed by Sehun, sending him an approving smile. 
 
With that, they patted each others back comfortingly and joined the group that was already half dead from their never ending game. Areum was paired up with Kyungsoo while Chanyeol and Baekhyun teamed up, leaving Suho to be the referee since they insisted that it was a game between pairs only. Areum's team was already at a disadvantage because both of them were short, although Kyungsoo was taller than her. And it just had to be that their opposing team had a freaking tall player, Chanyeol. Being a competitive person, Areum aimed to beat them in the game to prove that even short people can be successful in life too. But then again, they were both short and had no sort of skills in the game. Even so, they enjoyed it and it made them closer within less than an hour.
 
As her two favorite boys walked towards them with smiles on their faces, she couldn't help but feel strange. Because she knew that they had never got along, but now it was the complete opposite. She was happy to see it, looking at how they were finally accepting each other.
 
She smiled at Sehun and then at Jongin. Sehun sent her a wink before grabbing a bottle of water while Jongin walked towards her. He brought her into his arms and said, "I love you." She circled her arms around his waist and tilted her head upwards to look at him. 
 
"Mmm, i love you too." She found it weird that she was able to say it so casually now but every single time he said it, made her blush even more. 
 
"What did you guys talk about?" she asked out of curiosity when she saw how comfortable they looked with each other. 
 
"Something." he released her from his touch and winked. And before she knew it, Jongin was removing his muscle tank, revealing his perfectly sculpted bronze abs. She gulped as her heart started beating tremendously. Thank goodness he didn't take of any more cloth, or she would have fainted on the spot. 
 
Jongin placed his clothes aside and then returned to where Areum was still frozen in place, and kissed her on the lips before joining the guys for a proper manly game. "Whose up for a game?" 
 
Almost half and hour of playing, but the guys still hasn't gotten enough. Areum was already too tired of cheering for her boyfriend then betraying him to cheer for Sehun instead—that she gave up. She picked up a mat that Jongin had  brought, walked towards a less noisy area and settled down alone. 
 
She brought her kness close to her chest, and inhaled the harmless air. She hugged her knees as she watched the waves flow back and forth as if it was running towards her but was being pulled back by an evil sorcery. 
 
She took the time to think about her whole life in one sitting. From meeting Sehun when she was younger, then getting her first pimple when she was 13, to her horrible experience of being admitted to the hospital when she got into a minor accident, then entering high school without the presence of her bestfriend, to her parents death, to transferring schools and then meeting a bad boy named Jongin, then falling inlove and getting together with him.
 
She sighed at the series of events she had experienced throughout her years of living and shook her head in disbelief. She herself couldn't believe how much she had went through, and how much she have grown from every experience. She was grateful to have her loved ones by her side throughout thick and thin. She was grateful to her parents, Sehun, Jongin, and even to those that only brought her tears. 
 
She was grateful for they had allowed her to experience different things in life. Life is like a rollercoaster and she knew that no matter how messed up her life can be, there will always be a rainbow once the rain stops. She knows that she'll never stop facing challenges in her life, even when everything seems perfect. But she was prepared for it. Being a person with so many experiences in life, she was ready to take on the challenges. Her past mistakes, will be her guide. God, will be her guide. 
 
"Hey beautiful." she heard Jongin say from behind. He had decided to sit behind her, with her sitting in between in legs and his arms wrapped around her petite waist from the back. He nuzzled into the crook of her neck and inhaled her florally scent that he couldn't get enough of.
 
"You okay?" he asked, making Areum smile at how he was constantly concerned about her. 
 
"I've never been better Jongin." she admitted. 
 
"Me neither.." he told her.
 
"I've never felt this happy in forever and i'm just glad that you're the reason for my happiness." he continued and kissed her on the shoulders, causing shivers to run down her spine.
 
"Have you always been this cheesy?" she joked, only to have him hugging onto her tightly. 
 
"Only for you." he whispered in her ears. 
 
She hit him on his thighs playfully and   swayed left and right just like the waves. "I'm serious Cho Areum." his voice turned serious.
 
"I love you soooooo much, so please, don't ever leave me, okay?" He was stern about it. He didn't want her to leave him like how Jieun did. Jieun was his first love and losing her was already hard enough for him. And falling inlove with Areum was something he had not expected to happen. He knew that, if someone else was able to capture his heart besides Jieun, then it definitely means that Areum was worth keeping. He knew that god had sent an angel to replace the one he had lost. God has always been fair indeed. 
 
Jongin crossed his legs as Areum decided to turn around to face him completely. She held onto both of his hands and stared at him lovingly in the eyes. "I love you and thats what matters now. Whatever happens in the future, is not for us to worry right now in the present. Let's just live the moment Jongin." 
 
He sighed and dropped his head. He was very much afraid of losing her. But Areum was right, they have to live the moment and let everything flow the way it will. He shouldn't worry to much of the future and cherish the moments now where everything was perfect. 
 
Areum brought her hands up to lift his chin, then she placed her hands on his cheeks as she grazed them with her soft, delicate fingers.
 
"As long as we know we love each other, everything will be alright. I love you Jongin. You're my first, and i don't ever want to lose you too.." she added. They looked into each others eyes, as if reading one another and by looking deep into their eyes, they knew what they felt for each other was something out of the world. Both of them leaned in slowly, closing their eyes as their noses touched and their warm breaths blew against their skin. Their lips were already touching but before they could capture each others lips, they heard a cough that sounded so intended and purposeful. 
 
Areum opened her eyes and backed away, embarrassed. She looked up, to see her bestfriend standing awkwardly and his lips formed into a thin line. Jongin sent him a cold glare and sighed inwardly, knowing that someone had interrupted his sweet session with his girl. 
 
"Sorry bro, let me just borrow your girlfriend for a minute." Sehun said and the word girlfriend caused her heart to jump in excitement for some reason. She hesitated for a moment but when she saw the approving look on Jongin's face, she smiled and stood up with the help of Sehun.
 
Seeing how she was being dragged away from Sehun made Jongin jealous. It looked as if he was taking her away from him. But he made sure to think positively about it and assured himself that they were just going to talk as bestfriends, not lovers. 
 
"It's nice seeing you happy Areum. But i can't believe out of all guys in the world, you chose him." he scoffed jokingly.
 
"Excuse me." she placed a hand on her chest as if she was offended by his comment. 
 
"You could have picked me instead. You know, because i'm so hot like that." he flipped his invisible long hair and nudged her on the shoulders as his eyebrows danced, teasing her. 
 
She laughed out loud and punched him softly on the shoulders. "You're my bestfriend Sehun, that would be weird." Sehun smiled bitterly but he understood why she would say that. If only you knew Areum..
 
"But that doesn't mean i don't love you." she flashed him a sincere smile that reached up to her eyes, forming two crescents that shined. 
 
"I love you too Areum. Take care of yourself okay. I know his nice and all but i don't want you to be hurt. If he ever hurts you, tell me. I'll tear him into pieces." he said in a joking manner, but little did she know how serious he was about it.
 
"Arasso.. " she smiled with her teeth and nodded like a kid.
 
"I'll get going then.. We have some things to settle. I'll see you when i see you, and call me okay! Take care Cho Areum." he pulled her into a hug and her hair.
 
"You take care too Sehun. Text me whenever! And lets meet up really soon." she said in his chest. 
 
"Eooo~" he sang and jogged towards his friends. She observed them from a distance as they picked up their stuff. Then they waved enthusiastically at her. 
 
"IT WAS NICE MEETING YOU! SEE YOU SOON AREUM!" Baekhyun shouted.
 
"IT WAS NICE MEETING YOU TOO!!" she shouted back and chuckled.
 
"You're really pretty Areum!" Chanyeol admitted and instantly blushed when he realized what he had blurted unknowingly. Jongin was glaring at him from a distance and if glares could kill, he would be dead by the second.
 
She giggled and nodded at him, signaling that she understood what he said. Although she was silently disagreeing to herself. As they walked off one by one, Sehun shared a look with Jongin, and nodded his head towards him before leaving the place to the couple.
 
"I'm starting to hate how beautiful you are." Jongin said from behind with his arms crossed against his bare chest. 
 
"You're kidding right? I'm not even that-" He hushed her immediately by placing a finger on her lips. 
 
"You are that beautiful and i mean it. Just look at how the guys were looking at you. Do you know how much it took me not to land a fist on their faces for staring at what's mine?" He frowned and Areum was flushed by the second. She loved how Jongin was getting worked up over her. Because it proved to her that he loved her as much as she loved him.
 
Jongin pulled her closer to him and said, "And I don't like it when people interrupt us in the middle of a kissing session." He smirked and leaned in. Their noses touched and they felt their lips on each other, causing their hearts to race at the wonderful feeling. Jongin started to kiss her and she didn't hesitate to kiss him back. Their lips moved in sync and they felt butterflies fluttering in their stomach in excitement. The kiss was getting a little too passionate, so Areum pulled away, revealing her flushed face. 
 
But despite that, she still looked beautiful in his eyes. He don't think she could ever look less than a goddess. She will always look like an angel, a VS model, a princess— all in all, a beauty.
 
The short make out session ended within minutes and they decided to head home right away since Areum was already worn out from the game—which she had lost for the whole 6 games— and she had the sudden need and want to be home. 
 
 
 

Hey guys!! It's all about the fluff now but things will get more interesting, i promise. (-: Comment and subscribe okay! Take care always <3
                                    
xoxo, pizzalove