Chapter 13

Accidental Love

It's already Monday, and its also the first time she's going to school eversince she moved into Jongin's house. Areum yawned and squinted her eyes at the light rays that were naturally brightening up her room. She got up and muttered a 'good morning' to herself. 

 
She pulled her favorite white comforter away from herself and stretched a little in her bed to get ready for the day. She knew she had some task to do in this early morning so she quickly washed up although it was still pretty early. 
 
Once she was done bathing, she instantly felt refreshed and to add up to her satisfaction, she smelled as if she's been showered with flowers. She let out a satisfying hum and changed into her uniform. She tied her long hair into a ponytail since she didn't want it to get in her way when she does her work. She certainly doesn't want to be late for school, which is why she woke up at 7am when school starts at 8.30am sharp. 
 
As soon as she was done tidying her appearance, she went ahead to tidy her bed, the only part that was messy in her room. She's a really organized person and a little mess could make her really fidgety, even if it wasn't hers to begin with. When she was done with her part, she went out of the room. 
 
As she came face to face with  the door to Jongin's room, she contemplated whether to wake him up or not. But realizing that it was still really early, she decided to let him sleep in a little until she's done with everything, including cooking his breakfast. 
 
She walked down to the laundry room and took out the clothes from the washing machine that she had left to wash overnight. Then she added a few clothes into it and left it to wash itself. She hanged the damp clothes out in the yard. As she was hanging the clothes, she couldn't help but notice the beautiful sky. She paused. 
 
It was as if she was staring at a painting. What a masterpiece..The sky was painted with a layer of pink, blue and purple. And she instantly thought about cotton candy. She sighed at the breathtaking view. It really was worth it to wake up this early. When she was done taking in the view, she continued with her work with a smile. Amazing how little things like that can make her mornings in an instance. 
 
After hanging the clothes, she went back inside to mop the ground level. She hasn't done anything the day before and she chose to burden herself by cleaning the house on the morning of a school day. It took her 10 minutes to mop the entire ground floor since the place was undeniably huge. She wiped her sweat. Poor girl has to do house chores in this beautiful morning. She then arranged some random stuff here and there and then went ahead to finally make their breakfast. 
 
She made a simple sandwich for herself since she was gonna have it on the go, while she made a simple english breakfast for Jongin, which consist of scrambled eggs, two french toast and two sausage. For drinks, she made fresh orange juice for Jongin, which she took some time to squeeze while she just filled her bottle with cold water and squeezed a little lemon in it. She wasn't planning to have breakfast with Jongin, as a matter of fact, she was planning to leave before he does. 
 
She knew too well that Jongin would insist on going to school together but she wanted and needed to avoid that. She didn't want to get into any trouble with any of his fangirls. 7.45. She placed Jongin's breakfast neatly on the table before heading up to his room to wake him up. She knocked on his door, thinking that he was still fast asleep. 
 
But little did he know that Jongin was already awake for about half an hour now. "Come in." he said. She opened the door to reveal Jongin in his bed with nothing on. Well, his bottom was covered up with his comforter, thank goodness. He was just sitting up on his bed, with his phone in his hands. 
 
"Good morning." he smiled. The sight of his upper body was distracting her and she was having a hard time structuring her words. Her face was already flushed from the undeniably attractive sight. She cleared . 
 
"G-good m-mor-ni-ning." she stuttered. She mentally cursed herself for doing so. She hates being weak infront of Jongin, because she knew he would take advantage of it, making her more uneasy. He put down his phone. 
 
"You're ready.. Already.." he said softly as he stared at her from the bottom to the top. 
 
"Umm, yeah.. I mopped the entire ground floor, arranged some things here and there, washed and dried the clothes and most importantly made your breakfast." she said as she avoided his gaze and smiled awkwardly. 
 
Jongin raised his eyebrows, amazed that she was able to do all that in the morning. "Alright, let me just get ready and we'll go." he pulled his comforter away and thank god he was wearing pants. 
 
She mentally sighed. "Err, its ok Jongin. I'll leave first." She smiled reassuringly. 
 
"No you're n-" 
 
"Blah blah blah, what was that? I'm sorry i can't really hear you! I'll see you in school!!" she exclaimed, rushing out of the house before Jongin could stop her. Jongin sighed as he brushed through his hair with his fingers. Cho Areum..
 
Areum's POV
 
Phewww, thank god! That was so close! I placed my hand on my chest as i continued to pant. Damn, i'm going all out this morning aren't i? There's no way i'm going to school with Jongin. I do appreciate his 'offer', but to be with Jongin especially around the school premises, it is way too dangerous. 
 
Yeah, i did approach him during my first few days in school but, after the warnings from the queenkas, i know i don't wanna have anything to do with them anymore. Once is enough for a transfer student like me. I'm sorry Jongin.. I pouted to myself. 
 
I was just a quarter away from home-my new home that is-while i munched down my breakfast. I was too busy doing all the work and rushing to get away from Jongin that i forgot that i had my breakfast on the go. But thank god i did cause i was starving as hell. Food is important people. Especially breakfast! So NEVER, and i mean NEVER, skip your breakfast! 
 
What a beautiful, breezy morning. Isn't it nice, to be walking alone in the streets, just enjoying the breeze and taking your time to school? I sighed in satisfaction. When i was done with my sandwich, i wiped the crumbs away and let out a tiny burp. 
 
Then i started singing to my favorite song. It's been a long time since i sang. And i gotta be honest, i can't really sing but i like to act like i can. Screw what people think of it, i sing to make myself happy, so who cares right? 
 
"Can i lay by your side~ Next to yooooOooOooouuuuuUUUuuuuuuuu~" 
 
"Sure, anytime." I heard a very familiar voice on my right ear, causing my heart to bear rapidly.
 
Jongin's POV
 
Couldn't she at least wait till i get ready, then leave? Aishh.. I was just hoping that i could take a stroll to school with her by my side, but she just had to go against me. Smart girl.
 
I certainly knew the reason why she was so in a rush to leave. Because she doesn't want to be caught being with me. I totally understand that, but what i can't understand is the people in school.. They act as if i don't belong there but when i get close to someone and decide to finally turn into a new leaf for the first time in forever, they start gossiping and get so worked up about it. What do they even want from me? Why can't they just mind their own business? Oh my god, the society this days are driving me insane. Can't they at least be happy for the fact that i am trying to change?
 
Poor Areum.. She just got here and she's already receiving a bad treatment. I don't care what people think about us. If they're gonna get jealous, then so be it. But don't take it out on Areum. What does she know? Being with her, slowly allows me to unravel my true feelings for her. And that makes me want to protect her, wherever she goes. It makes me want to be with her every second of the day. I'm not inlove with her.. yet.. But i'm slowly realizing my feelings for her..
 
I showered as quickly as possible, and that was the first time that i actually managed to shower in just 5 minutes. I changed into my uniform and ran down to the dining are. I literally gulped down the breakfast she prepared for me. It was delicious but i had to catch up with her. Once i finished, i grabbed my bag and quickly ran to wherever she was, hoping that she hasn't walked that far yet.
 
As i was running a few meters away from my house, i saw a familiar figure, walking with small steps, all alone in this silent neighbourhood. That was another reason why i didn't want her to leave to school alone. I have to admit, my area is a little isolated. But as a guy, i obviously had no problems with it. But for her, its just not safe. Anything could happen, even though it's bright in the day. 
 
I slowed down my pace and trailed  behind her silently. Its been 3 minutes and she still hasn't realized my presence. What if a was behind her? Or a burglar? Or just a random guy even? I'm definitely not letting her go to school alone after today. She was singing to Sam Smith's, Lay Me Down whole heartedly, so i decided to a little. 
 
"Sure, anytime." i told her from the back while leaning towards her right ear. I had to bent since she was so much shorter but i found it adorable. How she has to look up just to face me. There were times where i just wanted to squeeze her cheeks and hug her so tightly from her cuteness but i had to refrain myself from doing so. She shrugged her shoulders a little, startled. 
 
She turned around, to face my chest. Her eyes then slowly travelled to my eyes. I smiled sheepishly at her. She pouted at my presence. And i had the urge to grab her cheeks and squeeze it, but i knew i can't. 
 
She folded her arms across her chest. "Why are you here~" she whined while stomping her feet. 
 
I chuckled softly at the sight of her whining like a kid. What do i do with this lady? "Do you have any idea how dangerous it is for you to be here alone?" 
 
She opened to argue but i hushed her immediately. "No you don't." 
 
I pointed my finger on her forehead. "So, don't." Poke. "Ever." Poke. "Leave." Poke. "Without me." Poke. 
 
"Understand?"
 
She made a face at me and sticked out her tongue playfully before turning back to continue her journey to school. But i grabbed her by the hand and pulled her towards me, causing her to bump onto my chest. I unintentionally placed my hands on her waist, and then i whispered to her ears teasingly. "Understand?" I ended with a smirk. 
 
I may seem calm with all the teasing but, doing all of that to her, it makes me flutter inside sometimes. I don't know if she feels the same. But i knew that i wasn't the only one whose heart was beating so fast, because i could feel hers, beating rapidly on my chest and in sync with mine.
 
"Y-y-yeah." she stuttered. I guess i'm not the only one feeling this way Cho Areum..
 
With that, i grabbed her soft hands tightly and made our way to school. Dragging her, since she was still in a daze. Cutie..