Chapter 12

Accidental Love

Jongin settled down at the dining room. His eyes were set on Areum who was making herself busy just to avoid the awkwardness. She couldn't forget about what just happened up there, and everytime she thought about it, it only made her blush without herself knowing. To be that close to Jongin- it would be impossible for one not to feel weird inside. 

 

Honestly, being with him itself makes her heart beat so fast everytime that she has a hard time thinking straight. It's even unavoidable to actually have feelings for this guy. It may not be a long time that they met, but things happen. As expected, its Kim Jongin we're talking about here. 

 
He smirked to himself, noticing that the girl was being shy around him. He was enjoying it. It was fun for him, to see her being so embarrassed and shy. He found it really adorable, it was just like what Jieun would do whenever he teases her. And seeing Areum more, reminded him of Jieun. 
 
And that was actually part of the reason why he made up that excuse about firing his maids and that his desperate for help at home. He was actually perfectly fine with everything at home. Once in awhile he would call for the maids from his parents home to come and clean the huge house. It would be impossible for him to do it all alone. Yet, he 'hired' Areum to do it. 
 
Because Areum reminded him of Jieun, he made up that excuse. He knew she would give in to him, knowing how nice of a person she is. He wanted to be close to someone who would remind him of the love of his life- but to him, there is no way that anyone can replace Jieun. But of course, he knew it wasn't right to take advantage of her. So within a few hours of deep thinking, he decided that it was time to let her go.. Because, Jieun's gone, but life has to go on no matter what. 
 
As Jongin started devouring down his meal, Areum took the chance and quickly walked pass the dining table once she was done cleaning the table top. She hasn't even reached the end of the dining table and she was already caught by Jongin's right hand. She stopped in her tracks and made her face to herself. What does he want now.. 
 
"Sit.." 
 
"I already ate-", she was about to tell him that she already had her share when he was asleep, but he cut her off. He didn't need any explanation, he needed her company.
 
"Sit." he said more sternly this time. 

Since his practically her boss, she couldn't go against his orders. His the one paying her, and she needs the money so desperately. Reluctantly, she pulled the dining chair and sat, staring down at her fingers and avoiding his gaze. 
 
"I didn't know you can cook.." he remarked. She looked up and their eyes immediately met. 
 
"You barely know me Jongin." she chuckled silently but she didn't know that what she said, actually made him tensed. 
 
"Then tell me about yourself."  he genuinely wanted to have some closure with her, and to begin, he definitely needs to know more about herself. 
 
She smiled as an idea popped into her mind. Jongin stared at her weirdly. She hummed. "How about, i share one fact of myself then you share one fact of yourself, then back to you, and back to me. And it goes on and on. Deal?" she smiled excitedly at the thought of it and reached out her hand for a handshake as her eyes turned into crescents. 
 
"No." Jongin said coldly.
 
Her hands dropped and she folded her arms across her chest. She pouted sadly and glared at him. "You're no fun." she mumbled in her pout. 
 
"That is one fact about me." he smirked. Seeing the girl being serious, he gave in. Sighing, he said, "Fine.. That was one fact, your turn."
 
Her pout instantly turned into a sheepish smile. She shifted her seat closer so that she was closer to Jongin, getting a little too excited. Jongin sat back on his seat and crossed his arms, more than ready to hear something interesting about herself. And noticing that she was swinging her short legs back and forth across the floor, he chuckled silently as she started talking. "This is random but, i love fried chicken." she clasped her hands like a little girl at the thought of it, causing him to smile non-stop. 
 
"I hate girls." he said and anticipated her reaction, knowing it would make him laugh. Areum's eyes grew wide and she placed her hands on her hips like a mother, ready to scold her child. "Excuse you, Mr Kim. If you hate girls then i don't get what i'm doin-" He placed a finger on her lips to hush her and laughed.
 
"I was kidding."
 
"I like girls like you." he said, which instantly made her quiet. Thump thump. Her heart started beating so quickly. What is he trying to say? Is he saying that he likes me, or is he saying that he likes a girl of my kind? Oh my god, you're confusing me Kim Jongin..
 
They stared at each other in silence. It was so silent that they could hear the vehicles driving on the road across their house, despite the fact that the walls were soundproof. Areum broke the silence by unknowingly asking him a question. A question that was supposed to be kept in her mind. And she regretted it immediately. "Why do you always confuse me?"
 
His infamous smirk slowly formed on his face. "I do?" he leaned in, making her move backwards slowly that she fell back into her seat.
 
What did i just say? She mentally slapped herself at her clumsiness. She awkwardly chuckled to herself and scratched her head. "Ohh is that the phone i hear? I'll be right back." she chuckled and stood up. What a lame excuse, but she just had to avoid him, after blurting something that shouldn't even be said. Jongin shook his head and stood up as well, grabbing her by the arms when did. His tall height easily towered her and they were standing so close to each other that she her legs were growing weak. "My actions may confuse you now but i promise, when the time comes, you'll understand why." he told her softly and left to rest in his room. As if his 'nap' wasn't enough to keep him energized for the rest of the night. 
 
Areum stood rooted in place as she absorbed every single word he said. I don't know what you mean by that, but i'll wait till that day arrives. Because you never fail to drive me crazy, and i don't even know why...