Chapter 28

Accidental Love

"Go ahead. Say what you need and leave." Jongin told Daehyun with a serious tone.

Over the weekends, Daehyun had took the time to reflect on himself. He's ed a lot of girls, played with them, screwed them— but he didn't realize how wrong it was until Jongin knocked some sense into him by using violence on him. The way Jongin protected Areum made him want to do the same for the person he loves. 

When he got hit, he thought he was going to die, but when Areum stopped Jongin from beating him to death, it made him open his eyes to see how wrong he was to play with her. He realized that not every girl is the same. She has a heart, she was nice even after what he did to her. She wasn't like the other girls. And he was terribly sorry for that. 

He felt ashamed that he wasn't able to see how he has mistreated so many girls, and then left them like nothing ever happened. Although he couldn't hide the fact that some were just asking for it.. When he felt the punches, his blood dripping onto his shirt, his throbbing head—he understood clearly why Jongin would do that. Because he loved her so much that he didn't want her to go through any .

He was jealous. In fact, many were. He wanted to do the same to someone else. He wanted to have someone he was able to protect and love. But his world taught him that girls were just heart breakers and that they were just pure b*tches waiting to be ed. 

His mother left him for another guy, leaving his dad in a mess— getting drunk every single night and getting laid almost every week with a different woman. Daehyun didn't have a great family background. He went through a lot as a kid, and growing up while watching his parents being that way, made him turn into the person he is now. He didn't ask for it, it just happened that his life wasn't as normal as others.

"Just let me talk to her. Alone." Daehyun sighed, making Areum look at him pitifully.

"Alone? The last time i le-" 

"I won't do anything. I swear. I just-I need to talk to her in private ok?" Areum could sense a hint of desperation in him and it made her want to give in to him—so she did.

She turned towards her boyfriend and said, "It's okay Jongin, i'll be fine. Besides, we're right outside our classroom. You should probably go in first."

Jongin squinted her eyes towards her, a bit skeptical of leaving her alone with the dangerous guy. "Aish, just go. I'll scream if anything does happen." she told him, reassuring him that it was going to be fine.

"You better." he said and then glared at Daehyun. "I'm watching you." 

Daehyun nodded as a sign of acknowledgement before shifting his gaze to Areum. Guilt and regret immediately rushed through his body when he saw her, making him feel like a complete jerk when he realized that he almost screwed this kind soul in front of him.

"I'm really, really sorry..." he sighed as he hung his head in shame. "I know sorry won't change anything that has happened but i really am sorry. I didn't realize how stupid that was of me. I'm sorry I touched you, I'm sorry i almost made you lose yo-"

Areum made a stop sign with her hands and shook her head. She honestly didn't want to hear more because it'll make herself feel even more dirty. "It-It's okay." she still managed to gave him a small smile. A genuine one.

"I forgive you Daehyun. But what you did, it left a huge impact on me. And it will take me a while to forget about it... So if you're hoping for me to forgive you then, there you have it." Her genuine smile slowly turned into a bitter one when the image of him touching her flashed into her mind again.

He nodded his head. "I understand. I just want you to know that i regret what i did. And i'm also really grateful to you, for stopping him back there.." 

"I couldn't just let him beat you to death. I mean-You have feelings too. Just because you almost... me, that doesn't change the fact that you're still a human." she slowed down when she mentioned the word ''. She didn't know why she said it but, it just naturally came out as she spoke.

"Mmm.. Yea.. Hahah.. Well, his one lucky dude." He nodded his head towards the left where their classroom were, referring to Jongin.

Areum chuckled bitterly. "I don't even know whose the lucky one.." She smiled a little when she thought of the littlest things her boyfriend had done for her, just to see her smile. She never wants to let him go. Just like how he doesn't want to let her go.

"You're both lucky to have each other.. I want that. Someone to love and not...to lust." he sighed and continued. "And that's why i'm leaving. Not now, but soon. I've made too many mistakes here and if i want to change-No, because i want to change, i can't stay here. Because being here only reminds me of the mistakes i've done.."

"If you think that will really help you, then i hope you find the right path to your fresh, new life. Forgive yourself for what you've done, Daehyun. Let the past remain in the past, but take it as a lesson to not repeat the same mistakes again. I sincerely wish you the best." she held out her hand for a handshake, making him smile.

It's strange how she could forgive someone who had treated her horribly. Even if it was someone who had bad intentions on her, she would still treat them nicely. She believed that, just because someone treats her like trash, that doesn't mean she should do the same to them too. 

"Are you sure he didn't do anything to you?" Jongin asked.

Areum had moved back to her original seat—and she didn't even know that she did until Mrs Lee told her to move to her original seat once again. Turns out, Jongin had begged her to change Areum's seat to the one beside him because he really didn't want to see her sitting next to Daehyun—after what he had done to her. It didn't matter if he was sorry for it or he regretted what he did, it doesn't change what happened last Friday. 

Somehow, Jongin had managed to persuade her into his request—allowing Areum to take the sit next to him, while his partner sit next to Daehyun.

Daehyun wasn't surprised. As a matter of fact, he felt relieved because if he had to sit next to her, he would only feel regretful and think about his mistakes that would haunt him for quite some time now.

Areum sighed. "Yes Jongin. I'm fine.. Look at me. Does it look like he's done anything to me?" 

"Yes. Yes it does. Why were you smiling when you went into the class with him?"

Obviously, he was envious. He didn't like her smiling with another guy—especially with a guy who has the tormented her. He laid his head on the palm of his hands as he stared intently at her.

"Is it wrong to smile?" she smirked while raising an eyebrow.

"It's not wrong. But it's wrong if you're smiling with another guy that isn't me." 

She played with her fingers. She was aware that he was jealous and she actually liked it whenever he was— because it affirmed her that he truly loves her. 

"I'm just happy okay.. Because he wants to change for the better. Isn't that a good thing?" she shifted her gaze to the back of Daehyun's head, who was busy writing down notes on his book.

"You believe that guy?" Jongin pointed to him and scoffed. 

"Of course! Just because he screwed up so much, that doesn't mean he can't be a nice guy. That doesn't mean he can't change. You just got to stop underestimating him." 

"It's a shame that i can't. What he did to you is unforgivable, Areum. I'll stop thinking of him as the person who tried to assault you, if i actually see a change in him." he told her earnestly. If he sees that Daehyun could be the person he never thought would be— a nice gentleman whose not sick in the mind— maybe, he would consider of forgiving him.

"Well, his leaving soon.." she said. She honestly felt a little sad because the first time they talked, she actually enjoyed and didn't mind sitting next to him. She thought that he could become her friend—besides Jongin. But she was taken aback at his inappropriate behavior last Friday because in her eyes, he certainly didn't look like the type to harass a girl.

"That's great. We won't be seeing him anymore!" he clapped his hands while smiling happily like it wasn't a wrong thing to do.

Areum glared at him and the returned her gaze to Daehyun. All the best, friend..

 
***

Time seemed to vanish into the air, flying together with the wind and just like that, a month has passed. It's crazy how little time we have but so many the things that we have yet to accomplish.  

For the past one week, Jongin has been acting weird around Areum, making her feel like she had done something wrong that made him less loving and caring unlike his usual self.

They became distant and they talked less for the past few days. Every time she tried to start a conversation with him, he would either put on his earphones or give her a small nod. She hasn't felt that his lips on hers for some time and she actually missed it. She missed how the feeling of having his soft, plump lips on hers. She missed feeling his hands traveling around her back. She missed cuddling into his arms. She missed talking to him. She just missed him. 

Although it had only been a week that they haven't been acting all lovey dovey with each other, she couldn't help but feel like he didn't want her anymore. She had batty thoughts and she started thinking illogically as to why he would do that to her.

Maybe she didn't have much to offer to him but he was the one dragging her into his life in the first place. She was confused and she didn't know how to make him talk to her. She wanted to work things out, but Jongin's aloofness wouldn't allow her to do so.

It was their 1st monthsary and even with Jongin detached from her, she had something prepared for him. It wasn't anything much. Just a simple letter filled with quotes and her own writing beneath it. She had done it with much sincerity and if Jongin doesn't appreciate that, she would most definitely be discouraged.

It was already early in the morning but for some reasons, the sky hasn't brightened up, and the clouds were of a darkish grey shade, shadowing the whole Seoul with darkness. "This isn't much but, I hope he likes it.." she told herself and took a deep breath before turning the knob of her door. 

"Omo." she placed the letter on her chest, hugging it tightly as she stared at the floor. There was a line of candles lighted up throughout the hallway, giving the house a mysterious yet alluring vibe. 

The door to Jongin's room was opened wide. She stepped into his room, wandering what he was up to but she couldn't find him anywhere. Instead, she found a stem of rose on his bed— a note tied around the stem. 

Her lips turned into a smile as she picked up the rose. She inhaled the sweet scent before opening up the note. 

Dear beloved girlfriend(a.k.a future wife and mother to my adorable kids), 

       Happy 1st Monthsary! A handsome man is waiting for you downstairs! See you! And, I love you so much.
  
                                          Yours truly, 
         your significant other(forever)

Her smile grew wider instantly. She tied back the note onto the rose and grabbed it along with her as she walked down to the ground floor. She could hear a sweet melody playing on the speakers but as she stepped onto the second flight of stairs, the melody changed into a familiar slow song of Sam Smith's, Lay Me Down.

"Your touch your skin, where do i begin."

She took a step.

"No words can explain the way i'm missing you.."

One step.

"Deny, this emptiness, this hole that i'm inside, this tears, they tell their own story."

One step.

"You told me not to cry when you were gone."

One step.

"But the feelings overwhelming, it's much too strong."

She took one last step and turned to the right where she saw her lover moving to the beat of the song. 

"Can i lay by your side? Next to yoooouuuu, yoooouuu~"

He moved slowly and swiftly to the tempo. Even with the slow music, his movements on each beat were so precise and graceful that all she could see was him. 

"And make sure you're alright. I'll take care of you~"

She was captivated by his dancing that she didn't realize how hard she's been staring at him. Her glimmering eyes sparkled in excitement as she continued watching him like she was watching her favorite artist. The way he danced so smoothly and sophisticatedly amazed her in ever single way. Her heart was beating rapidly and the butterflies in her stomach were fluttering in delight. His cocky smirk that he always had, hid behind his intense yet passionate expression. Behind every movement, there was a hidden message— directed to her only.
 
No wonder he has a whole room of mirrors. It was for meant for him to move rhythmically to the music, to let out his emotions through the movements of his body.

"I don't want to be here if i can't be with you tonight~" He ended the dance with a simple pose, pointing his finger towards her. His serious expression instantly turned into a huge grin when Areum broke into a roar of claps—she managed to still hold on to her letter and rose.

Jongin walked towards her and wrapped his arms around her as he kissed the top of her head. "Happy 1st baby." Then he pulled away and eyed her lips while giving her that infamous smirk of his. 

He inched closer to her that they could feel each other's warm breath as they exhaled. Their hearts started beating so fast even though it wasn't the first time they were about to kiss. He pulled her closer and ran his fingers on her back, sending shivers down her spine. He cupped her face and caressed her cheeks softly. Areum parted her lips slightly as he leaned in, closing the gap between them completely. Despite waking up so early in the morning, they remembered to brush their teeth the first thing they woke up— knowing that they would kiss. His lips felt so warm on hers and it felt heavenly that she didn't want it to end. It was soft, but passionate. 

Areum pulled away and leaned her forehead against his while smiling brightly. "I love you Jongin and that was amazing."

"Thank you and you know i love you more." he smirked. "Hold on." he went towards the loving room and grab her gift— or should i say, gifts.

Her eyes widened when she saw him carrying two small boxes with a bouquet of white hydrangea on top of it. He grinned from ear to ear as if the amount of money he had to spend on her gifts were nothing. He moved closer to her. "First of all, i got you white hydrangeas because we have way too many roses out there." They both chuckled.

She grabbed the bouquet of flowers and beamed at how gorgeous it looked. It was her first time receiving white flowers and before this, she never knew how beautiful it actually is. 

"Next, i got you this." he handed her a white box that had a turquoise ribbon tied around it. 

"Before that, my hands are full." she giggled and walked towards the dining table to place her gifts there. When he saw that her hands were no longer loaded, he passed her the box and she accepted it with careful hands, afraid that she might drop the precious item that was inside. 

"What's this?" she asked with a smile. 

"Open it." he nodded towards the box on her hands.

She bit her lips anxiously and pulled the ends of the ribbon, undoing it so that she could open the lid of the box. And when she did, her jaw dropped and her eyes glimmered from her watery eyes. It was a simple necklace with two silver hearts hanging onto the chains. She held it in her hands and admired the necklace. There was a name engraved into each of the hearts—Areum on one heart, Jongin on the other. 

It may look simple and cheap(it wasn't really), but it was enough to make her ecstatic because she knew there was meaning behind it, as if it was saying— You & I will always be.

She was too touched that she practically jumped onto him for a hug. "Thank you Jongin... Thank you so much." she sniffed on his chest, making him her hair for comfort. He hummed.

"I'll wear it for you." He placed his last box on the table before grabbing the necklace from her. She lifted her hair up, allowing him to have a view of her exquisite neck and shoulders—since she was still in her night gown. 

He put it around her neck simply and clasped it. She removed her grasp from her hair that it fell perfectly over her back. She touched the two charms on her chest and kissed them. "I love it." she gave Jongin another tight hug, one that lasted for a while because she had no intention to let go. 

"Getting a little too comfortable huh?" he asked playfully as he ran her back. She nodded on his shoulders as her arms tightened around his neck. She didn't care that her toes were hurting from tip toeing because she just wanted to cling onto him. "I love you so much." she admitted. 

"I love you too Areum." he told her and smiled widely as he continued caressing her. It felt so strange to have her cling onto him because usually, he would be the one doing that to her. It was the first time she had done that and he couldn't hide the fact that he found her so adorable. 

"Areum-ah... Just give me a minute and we can continue our cuddling session right after." he told her, making her pull away unwillingly. He grabbed the last box, a larger one this time and handed it to her. 

Exactly like the box before, there was a turquoise ribbon tied around the white box—it was just significantly bigger. She was about to pull the ribbon off just like she did before, but Jongin quickly stopped her by placing his hands on hers.

"Don't open it now. You can open it when you're in your room okay?" he winked and sent her a playful smile.

She pouted. She really wanted to know what's inside the box but if she could only do it later then she'll just wait—although she really couldn't hide her anticipation. He took the box off her hands and placed them on the dining table. He s his hands around her waist again and pulled her closer that their noses touched. 

"Now, where were we?" he smirked and leaned in to kiss her. But Areum quickly placed her hands on his, not allowing him to go on. He pouted and whined, "Waeee?"

"Is this why you've been so cold to me for the whole week?" she asked, making him smile sheepishly.

"I did good didn't i? You totally fell for it.." He had this annoying proud expression on his face, causing Areum to pinch his cheeks playfully.

"You had me confused the whole week y'know?! Aishh, i almost thought you were starting to get tired of me..." she said bitterly towards the end.

He cupped her face and grazed her cheekbones. "Just incase you need to know, that'll never happen. And as an advanced apology, i'm sorry that you'll have to entertain this man for the rest of your life." 

She let out a deep sigh jokingly, making him glare at her. They chuckled and locked their gaze. He shifted his eyes towards her lips again, hinting her what he wants next. He smirked and leaned in, but before he could kiss her, she stopped him again.

"Ah waeeeeee!" he whined and stomped his feet like a little kid. Areum snickered and grabbed the letter that she wrote for him.

"Here." she handed him the letter. "Unlike you, i can't afford to buy all these luxurious gifts for you.." she shrugged. "But i wrote you a letter.. And you'll only read it when you're alone okay." she pecked his cheeks quickly, grabbed her gifts and ran up to her room. 

He looked at her retreating figure and then shifted his attention to the letter. Walking towards the living room, he opened up the envelope that the letter came with and sat down on the sofa as he started reading. Instantly, a smile plastered on his face.
 
You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. 

-Dr. Seuss

The real lover is the man who can thrill you by kissing your forehead or smiling into your eyes or just staring into you.

-Marilyn Monroe

With love one can live even without happiness.

-Fyodor Dostoyevsky

If i know what love is, it is because of you.

-Herman Hesse


Dear Jongin,

Happy 1st Monthsary, love.. I apologize for the cheesy quotes at the beginning. It's just an easier way for me to express my feelings better. Firstly and the most important thing out of all that i'm gonna tell you is, i love you. I don't know how else to put it but i really do love you Kim Jongin. I don't think i would ever love anyone as much as i love you. And i don't want to love anyone else but you. I'm not saying this just because you're my first love, but it's just the way you make me feel every single time that makes me fall in love with you over and over again. A month of us being together passed, just like that. And i know that a month is pretty short, but it's long enough for me to fall in love with you more. I don't want to be like those couples who get tired of each other after 6 months. I know i won't ever get tired of you because you're always full of surprises. But i'm scared you will. I'm scared that someone else would gain your attention and that we'll part from each other. I know it's only a month, i know we have a long life to live. But I can't help but think of the possibilities of us not being together. I know i sound like i'm obsessed with you now but i just really love you Jongin. I lost the two most favorite people in my entire life. But now that i met you, i can't imagine how it would be if i lost you too. I only have you, and Sehun. But you top the list Jongin. That's why i'm scared that if i love you too much, parting ways with you would be a challenge. It's not like i'm expecting it to happen but loving someone too much has turned me into someone who over thinks a lot now. So if i hadn't been a great girlfriend for the past month, i'm sorry.. I'm still new in this. But i promise i'll be better within time, just for you. I'm not perfect but i'll try.. I love you so much Jongin. Cheers to more wonderful moments with you. I love you, once again.

Btw, i'm sorry for not getting you anything. Really wish i was rich. ><

Love, Cho Areum

Jongin smiled to himself like he wasn't in the right mind and let out a sigh of satisfaction. He threw his head back and closed his eyes as he hugged the letter. "You don't have to wish for wealth, because you already got a rich heart that's worth more than money. I love you, Areum."

After taking a nice bathe, Areum changed into a simple jumper and shorts. It was raining now, making the whole house feel slightly more breezier than before. She then took the lid off the box that she had yet to open and instantly let out a gasp. 

She held out before her a beautiful long sleeved white lace dress. It barely reached her knees but what mattered more is how pretty it looked. She smiled and bit her lips afterwards when she realized how much she had received from him when all she gave her was a letter. If only she didn't quit her job for Jongin, she would be earning some income— even if it wasn't much, at least she gained something. But then again, if it wasn't for her quitting her job at the restaurant, she wouldn't have met Jongin and she wouldn't be receiving all the love and surprises from him. 

As she folded back her dress to place it back to where it came from, she noticed a mini envelope in the box. She took it and placed her dress on the bed before opening the envelope and taking out the contents that were in it. She  sat on her bed and tucked her fringe behind her ears as she started reading. 

To: Girlfriend and future wife, Cho Areum

Dear Areum,

I love you. I love you more than you love me. I love you more than you think i do. I love you more than ever. I love you more than words can describe. I love you so much that it's hard for me to even find the right way to prove it to you. You may not be my first love, but i sure hope that you'll be my last. Because i don't want to spend the rest of my life being with someone else that isn't you. I would rather die than live without you Areum. I'm going crazy because of you. Because of the way you make me feel. I didn't expect myself to fall in love again after what happened before. But you somehow managed to prove me wrong. I don't know how you did it when no one else could, but i'm all over you Cho Areum. You make me go insane sometimes but i still love you because you're you. I'm not so great in writing letters but i just felt the need to write this. I know i keep telling you that you won't have to go through tears or sadness or anything miserable, but who am i kidding right? I'm no god. I can't control this. But one thing for sure is that i'll never ever let you go. I'll never leave you and i'll always make you happy Areum. And if it isn't much to ask for, i want you stay with me forever. Because i've pictured you being with some other guy, but it only makes me rage and upset. I don't ever want that to happen because i've got you, and that's all i want. Nothing else. I want you Areum. Just you. Just one month and you got me falling in love with you to the point where i crave for you every day, even though we see each other all the time. I love you Areum, never forget that. And if you ever doubt it, read this letter again and then crawl into my arms while i give you kisses to show you how much i love you. I love you once again. 

p.s I hope you liked all your gifts. Wear the dress this evening at 6. I'm taking you out for dinner. Can already imagine how stunning you'll look. I love you.

From: Your first love and your only man, Kim Jongin

Areum folded the paper and placed it back into the envelope. She didn't realize how much tears she had been crying out while reading the letter. It was so heart warming that she felt the need to be a better girlfriend for him.

Hours passed and the time was getting closer to 6pm. The couple had spent the rest of the morning and the afternoon with each other. Just talking and teasing, playing games in the arcade room, watching 'Love Rosie' in the mini cinema, kissing, cuddling and just enjoying each other's presence. But as time passed, Areum knew getting dolled up would take a while so she excused herself from her boyfriend and started to get ready. 

She removed her clothes and tossed it aside as she put on the white lace dress Jongin had gifted her. It took her a few minutes just to be in the dress completely since the zip at the back wasn't making things easier for her. She tied her hair into a messy bun—just for the mean time. And sat herself in front of her vanity to beautify herself— although she was already like a goddess without any make up. 

She dotted some concealer on her face, especially under her eyes to cover the darkness and puffiness it had from her recent tears. She applied a tad bit of foundation all over her face and blended it in with a brush. She dusted a setting powder over her foundation so that it would last longer, knowing that it would be a long night with him. She applied a red cheek stain on her cheeks and blended it into her skin that it looked extremely natural and rosy. She applied some highlighter to the inner corners of her eyes, some on her cheekbones and a little on the bridge of her nose. 

She didn't bother putting on eyeshadow because she didn't really fancy them, instead she applied a thin line of eyeliner, making her eyes appear more ier although it was thin— there was a significant change on her whole face, a good one. She curled her lashes, applied some mascara and lined her lips with a red lip liner before applying a red lipstick. She sprayed a setting mist once she was done with her make up— hoping that it would last through the night because she really wanted to look good for him.

Then, she removed her hair tie as she let her long locks flow of waves flow over her shoulders. She felt like curling it but contemplated for a moment. She definitely wanted to look good for Jongin but she didn't want to make it seem like she was trying hard to do so. So she just brushed her hair out to tame the tangles and just let her hair be the way it always has been. She sprayed some sweet perfume on herself and put on a pair of white high heels. She checked herself in the mirror for the last time and smiled. Her dress fitted her perfectly, accentuating her curves that were barely noticeable before. She grabbed her onto the heard of her necklace and kissed it before leaving it exposed on her clothed chest. 

It was pouring cats and dogs outside but she still prayed that everything would go well and that they would still have a lot of fun together despite the gloomy weather. The weather really didn't match their timing since the both of them were feeling way too excited and ecstatic. Just as Areum was about to finish getting ready, Jongin had only changed into his suit then—since it only took about 2 minutes for him to get ready. He backed comb his hair to the side. He put on his tie, leaving it loose and his shirt ed before heading out the door.

Coincidentally, the couple got out at the same time. Jongin was the first to notice her since Areum was facing her door as she closed it. "Wow.." he muttered, making her jump a little when she realized his presence. 

She stared at him and bit her lips as she took in the sight of her boyfriend. Her heart made a jump when she saw how attractive she looked. He was staring at her as well, with his hands placed into his pockets, making him look cool and hot just by standing there. He scratched the back of his neck and said, "You look amazing." He let out a breath like he was very much blown away by her appearance. 

She noticed that his tie was still hanging loose and that his chest was showing from his ed shirt, so she moved towards him. Ignoring his compliment, she buttoned his shirt, leaving one out since she didn't want to him to feel uncomfortable later. Then she pulled his tie all the way up, but not to the point where he was choking.  

Even with heels, she still didn't reach up to Jongin's height but their faces were certainly closer than when she didn't have heels on. "I can say the same for you." she finally said as she patted his chest when she was done. She took a step back but Jongin immediately pulled her towards his body. Then he turned and pinned her against the wall while he had this mischievous smirk on his face. 

He placed his hands on her waist and moved his face closer to hers. "You look really beautiful." She bit her lips and looked away from his intense stare as she smiled shyly. "Aren't you gonna say anything about me?" he asked teasingly. 

"You look really handsome Jongin." She tried looking into his eyes but immediately regretted it. He leaned in fully and sealed her lips with a kiss. Her hands encircled his neck while his travelled around her waist,  pulling her closer to him. They were kissing each other like they didn't have plans for the night, but what do they care. As long as they were together, that's all that matters. Jongin bit her lips, making her gasp a little. He smirked through the kiss. Things were starting to heat up but before it started to get more intimate, the door bell rang, making them stop the make out session. 

Still in each other's arms, Jongin asked, "Are you expecting anyone?" She shook her head and raised her eyebrow. "Are you?" He shook his head as well. "Ani.. That's strange." The door bell rang again. They pulled away from each other unwillingly. 

"I'll get it then." he told her and started to walk away but before he left, she pulled him by the hand. "You got lipstick on your lips." she chuckled and wiped off the red stains off. "I don't mind having it all over me." he winked and headed downstairs. And when she finally  realized what he meant by that, her eyes widened and she made a face to herself. "That ert." she muttered. 

Jongin's POV

Whoever this person behind the door is, i do not like you. It felt extremely great to kiss her like that and if it wasn't for this person, there won't be any pulling away. Which is, i guess not a good thing.. I don't want to force her on anything but she didn't try to avert it. But then again, how would i know when i was the one pushing it.. 

I walked down the stairs with a slight frown. There was another ring on the bell. Third time. Who the hell is this impatient person? I looked out the window as i got closer to the door. It's still raining. Why the hell would someone visit on a rainy day?

I opened the door and as if on queue, lightning flashed and thunder rumbled seconds after. I met the latter's eyes. My heart sped up— not the kind when i'm with Areum or when i kissed her. It's different. It's bad different. I stoned in place, speechless. Was i dreaming? Had everything been a lie this whole time? Was i living in a different world? Because i couldn't believe my eyes when the person standing right in front of me was none other than....

"J-Jieun?"