Chapter 1

Accidental Love

Author's POV

Two years has passed since Jieun's accident. No matter how hard it was to accept the ugly reality that his first love was gone, Jongin eventually got used to it and accepted that she was already in a way better place. But unfortunately after the devastating event, the once sweet and charming guy, completely changed. He turned into the most coldest and meanest person you would ever meet. The caring and loving Jongin, has turned into a horrible monster. He would beat up those who annoy him-guys only, he would skip classes, he would talk back to the teacher, say unnecessary mean things that would hurt others feelings and do the things a bad boy would. 

 
He wasn't all that bad, but from the Jongin we knew, this is bad. The only reason why he would do all those horrible stuff to others is just to keep himself occupied. It's a weird way, i know. But this guy has lost his mind eversince he lost the love of his life. I honestly wouldn't blame him. Jieun was always there to keep him happy and smiley, but now everything's changed. She's gone, so is his life. 
 
                  

 

"Class, we have a new student with us today, treat her nicely alright!" Mr Kang announced, gaining attention from the ear-popping students upon the arrival of a new face that they've never seen before.
 
Standing before them was a young lady in their one and only SOPA(School Of Performing Arts)  uniform and who would've thought someone could look so good in it. Her long golden brown hair flowed in waves over her chest, her skin was pale with a tint of red on her cheeks that made her look healthy in general. Her long lashes framed her sparkly light brown eyes perfectly, and it made it seem like she could brighten the whole world just with it. Her nose was sharp just like her jawline and her lips were full and naturally red that it conveyed a resemblance to a certain fairytale princess. Although she was just 5"3, her petite yet slender body made her look tall at some angles. All in all, she was the definition of perfection- though she thought otherwise.
 
"Annyeonghaseyo, Cho Areum imnida, please takecare of me!" Areum charmed with a sweet voice and smiled. 
 
The guys were shooting hearts at her with their eyes while the girls were whispering unnecessary things about her. It's just the first day and she's already gaining alot of attention.
 
 
"Go and take a seat." Mr Kang told her nicely. 
 
All of the front seats were taken and the only available ones were right behind, right beside the window. There were two empty desks, and so she decided to choose the one that was closer to the window, since she loves having a nice view of whatever's out there. As she took her sit, the whispers grew and her classmates couldn't keep their eyes off her, as if she just did a crime. She looked at them and shifted uncomfortably in her sit while taking out her books for the period.
 
Just then, a gorgeous- or should i say handsome looking guy entered the class, causing the students to look at her, then at the guy, and back at her again. She raised her eyebrows in confusion and looked at the latter that has just arrived.
 
"You're late, Mr Kim." Mr Kang said sternly.
 
"When am i not?" Jongin replied and casually made his way behind, to where his desk was.
 
Noticing a stranger sitting at his seat, he squinted his eyes and smirked. All eyes were on both the students now, anticipating the next thing Jongin would do. Areum looked up bluntly without saying anything, obviously still confused and unaware of what's happening, making him instantly annoyed. 
 
"You're on my seat. Get off." He harshly said. What a way to greet me.., she thought to herself. 
 
She gave him a sheepish smile and said, "Do you mind if i sit here? I have a thing for sits that are close to the window.." 
 
Whispering the last part, which was loud enough for Jongin to hear. Are you serious?
 
"Get. Off." He ordered with a cold gaze. 
 
She sighed and pouted, "Fine, you've been here longer anyway." 
 
She shifted her things to the right where the other empty sit was and stood up to give Jongin some space to walk to his sit, as if nothing happened. This is so weird, she's the first person whose acted normally to me so far, he thought. And it's true. Eversince he changed and started behaving differently, no one has been treating him normally, they treated him as if he was some kind of murderer that they had to avoid- or it would be the end for them. None of them would talk to him, or make any sort of eye contact with him. Whenever they see him walking close to them, they immediately walk a distance away from him as if he had a disease. They made it seem as if he was a dangerous beast. That's how scared they were of him. Or maybe, they just wanted to avoid trouble.
 
But Areum, she's definitely different from the other students. Well, maybe because it was her first day and she had absolutely no idea about Kim Jongin. She's just too innocent to even bother about it. Anyway, speaking about Areum, she transferred to SOPA just cause both her parents passed away from a tragic accident. Let's not get into detail about that, its really devastating. Since she didn't want to be a burden to any of her relatives, she had to be independent on her own. 
 
She moved to Seoul to start a new, and so that she'll be able to let go of her past and leave the memories that she had in Ulsan. Using the money her parents have saved up for her long before they were gone, she used it carefully and rented a small apartment in Seoul. Although her parents left her a huge amount of money, she knew she couldn't live by it since its gonna run out sooner or  later. So she found herself a job as a waitress in a fancy five star restaurant- that paid her a good amount of salary which is enough for her to make a living, alone. And now she's here, in SOPA. 
 
Looks aside, she's a really nice girl. Kind-hearted, soft-spoken, generous, cheerful, loving and caring in so many ways. She was always putting others before her and standing up for what she feels is right. She's the perfect girl any guy would want, but despite all those positive facts about her, she struggles with a low self esteem issue with herself, nobody knows why, even she doesn't know why. 
 
Back to reality, to Jongin's dismay, Areum is now officially his desk mate which only made him roll his eyes in annoyance.
 
"Cho Areum." She introduced enthusiastically, not forgetting to flash a smile and reached out her hand for a handshake. 
 
"Do i look like i care?" Jongin said, looking out the window. 
 
She made a face to him to which he didn't notice and shrugged in her sit, "I just wanted to make a friend." She whispered, feeling a little dejected at his coldness.
 
"Friend? You're kidding me right? Trust me, you're the only one here whose brave enough to want me as a friend." He laughed bitterly. 
 
"Why?" She asked curiously, which made Jongin freeze in his sit for a second. 
 
"Shut up and face the front." He told her, earning a glare from Areum. She turned to the front to pay attention to the lesson but her mind wouldn't do they same as she kept wondering why nobody would make friends with her desk mate. He doesn't seem so bad... right?