Chapter 1

EXO Unit

It was a busy day in the Exo Unit office in a huge high rise in Myeongdong. The fantastic leader of the unit was returning in two days from a month long classified mission in God knows where and the rest of the group had to clean up. Without their hard- of a boss, they had let the office go. Coffee cups had piled up; the refrigerator was full of boxes of left over food; and papers had yet to be shredded. Only the labs and the medical examiners’ office were cleaned to perfection purely because of their extremely inhabitants.

            “Seriously guys! Kris will be back in 2 days! How did we let the office get this bad?” yelled Kim Joonmyun, the second in command analyst, running his hand down his face.

“Oh calm down dear Suho! Its not that bad!” called Kai, an agent, from underneath a desk where he was piling papers to be filed or destroyed.

“Yeah, really,” added Dr. Byun Baekhyun, a psychologist, as he dusted the hanging light fixture. The boys had taken to challenging each other to toss candy wrappers up there, and amongst the dust there was a steady stream of colorful wrappers raining from the ceiling. “This could be SO much worse. It’s not like we damaged the furniture or anything, we just have trash collecting to do.”

Chen, another agent, eyed the ladder Baekhyun was using maliciously and removed it from under the other man’s feet, causing him to cling to the light fixture. “Not yet, we didn’t break anything,” he laughed, watching his coworker scramble to keep hold without dragging the whole glass structure down with him.

The two medical examiners entered stage left to the chaos that has befallen the bullpen.

“Who the hell hung a strip of bacon from the ceiling?” Kyungsoo asked derisively, sidestepping the growing garbage pile underneath the still stranded Baekhyun.

Lay, his partner, looked around the room and asked, “How did the office get this bad?”

“THANK YOU!” yelled Suho, locked in a furious, one-sided battle with a pile of junk from another agent’s desk, armed only with a trash bag. “ing Chanyeol and his inability to throw things out. What is this? It’s disintegrating!”

“Where is Chanyeol anyway? He’s a little hard to miss,” Kyungsoo remarked, looking around.

“Also, where’s Sehun? And Tao for that matter? Why are we missing a fourth of our unit?” Lay looked around the room, confirming that they were in fact missing.

“They were banished.” Luhan sat at his spotless desk reading. He felt no responsibility in cleaning the rest of the room, earning him periodic glares from Suho. “Sent for bubble tea with Suho’s credit card. It was the only way they would leave.” He shrugged, not once looking up.

“Oh my God what is this?!” shrieked Kyungsoo from the kitchen, “I think it’s alive!” He exited the kitchen holding a box of Chinese food that was so moldy that fuzz was coming out of it. “Who the hell said this office wasn’t bad. Its disgusting.”

Suho sighed, still fighting with Chanyeol’s desk. Lay looked up from vacuuming around Luhan’s desk, finally noticing the still stranded, scrambling boy on the light fixture.

“Baek, What are you doing up there?”

“Oh you know. Just hanging out.” He called, struggling to hold on. His grip slipped and he came down to the office floor with a thud. Chen roared with laughter. “Shut up Chen. It hurt.” He got up and limped to the kitchen, muttering curses the whole way.

The door dinged. In through the sliding glass door strolled Tao and Sehun with two trays of bubble tea lead by a hyper Chanyeol with a lit sparkler.

“Where did you get that?! How did you get in the building? You’re going to set the building on fire!” Screeched Suho, on the verge of hyperventilating.

Chanyeol only laughed. “I bought it of course! And I lit it in the elevator. Don’t worry Sweetheart, it’s completely harmless. This is fine. ”

Suho cringed at his code name then sighed. “Please put it out.” Chanyeol sulked into the kitchen and begrudgingly put it out.

The final present member of the Exo unit finally arrived carrying a box of garbage bags.

“Damn. I leave for ten minutes and the place falls in to complete chaos.” Xiumin sighed, “I’m too old for this.”

 

Finally, after hours of painstaking work, done mostly by Suho, who had again banished Chanyeol, this time to the armory to clean the guns, the office was cleaned to perfection. They all sat around drinking their bubble tea, finishing up reports from their last few cases, and reading.

“ I really wish I hadn’t shot that guy.” Groaned Kai. “So much paperwork.” During the last mission, the one of the men they were trying to capture pulled a gun and he had no choice but to kill him. He dropped his face in to his hands.

“You did what you had to do Kai.” comforted Kyungsoo, patting him on the back on his way back to the lab.

“Kris!” exclaimed Tao, shooting up from his chair, “You weren’t due back for another two days.”

“I got done early.” He shrugged, sitting down at his desk, “The office looks great Suho.” Suho beamed.

“Hey, I helped too!” whined Baekhyun, “Chen even stranded me on the ceiling.”

“So that’s why the light look crooked. As I said, nice job Suho.”

The phone on Kris’s desk rang.

“Hell-“ Kris started, paused for a few seconds, then sighed. “Okay, we’re on it.” He hung up and sighed again, “Damn it. We’ve got another case.”

A groan went around the room.