Chapter 6

EXO Unit

 “Who is she?” whispered Chen, looking through the glass doors in to their office currently occupied by one person.

            “No idea. But she’s hot.” Kai smirked.

            It was true, the woman in the office was attractive. She was a little over 160cm, long dark brown hair tied back into a low ponytail, and fair skin. Dressed in a sheer white shirt, a tight gray pencil skirt, and tan heels, she was a sight to behold. Everyone, meaning Chen, Kai, Sehun, and Luhan, refused to go in until Kris, the big bad boss, arrived. Unfortunately for them, their Sunshine was late that day.

            “What are you guys doing out-“

            “Shhhhh, Shut up Suho.” Sehun hissed “There’s a chick in there.”

            “That’s a rude way to put it.” Suho looked in just as the woman turned, “Oh my God.”

Before anyone could stop him, he was through the door.

“Yoon?”

“Joon?” The woman squeaked. “What-what are you doing here?”

“I work here!” Suho smiled

“Oh wow!” She hugged him “I missed you.”

“Who is this?” Kris snarled, having walked in to see Suho hugging an unknown woman.

“Oh, Kris this is-“

“CIA special agent Vivienne Lee, or Lee YoonGi if you prefer. I’m here because you tried to open a locked CIA file.” She shook Kris’s hand, who just nodded, sizing her up.

“YOU! YOU CAUSED ME A PANIC ATTACK A FEW DAYS AGO!” Luhan shrieked, running up to Vivienne, pointing.

“My apologies. The CIA doesn’t share well. I’m here to fix that.” She paused, “I like your shoes.” Luhan looked down. A nice pair of blue-striped Toms that were easy to work in. He blushed a little before scurrying off to his lab with Sehun trailing after him.

Kai sat at his desk smirking. This Vivienne lady was hot as hell and being an agent just made her even hotter. He watched her turn from Luhan back to Kris. God that . He could not stop staring.

“Agent Kim?” He looked up to see the pretty woman smiling down at him.

“Yes?”

“You’re in control.” His mouth opened then closed and Vivienne laughed “We’re partners until further notice.”

“Ah. Yeah. That’s good. Ok. Great.” He scrambled to find something cool to say but just kind of stuttered a bit.

Once the awkward introductions were over between the rest of EXO (Except Luhan who had refused) and Vivienne, she and Kai were free to go see Luhan. Hopefully the opened file will make him calm down a little. He had been causing a racket by throwing temper tantrums every time Sehun failed to hack the CIA, which Luhan bullied him in to doing.

“Luhan. I got the key.” Kai smirked at the boy hunched over his desk pouting. He perked up.

“Hi. I’m Vivienne.” She stuck out her hand.

“Luhan.” He responded quietly, “You're going to open the file and end my misery right?”

She nodded, “Show me that pesky file.”

Within seconds the file was opened and its contents reveled. The head belong to a Henry Fairleigh, and American CIA agent. Vivienne backed up a little at the sight of the name.

“Why were you searching for Henry?” She hissed angrily, thinking that they may possible try to tie him to some crime.

“We have his head.” Replied Luhan quietly, “It was mailed to our office a few days ago.”

“Let me see.”

“I don’t think-“ Kai started quietly

“LET. ME. SEE.”

The pair led her to the medical examiners office. When Kyungsoo put the head in front of her she gasped and covered with her hands. Before anyone said anything she turned and quickly exited the office. The rest of the party just stood there confused.

“What were you in to that Agent Fairleigh’s head ended up in autopsy?”

Vivienne was in Kris’s face,  her hands planted firmly on his desk. He looked up.

“Excuse me?”

“You heard me! How did you get his ing head.”

“It was sent to us Yoon. That’s all that happened.” Suho said calmly, walking up and taking her hand to sit down on one of the couches on the far side of the office. She was visibly shaking from a mix of anger, shock, and sadness. Now she was having a panic attack.

“I just saw him two weeks ago. We went for coffee. We were at the inter agency poker game. We ran protection. He wasn’t working on a case, right? He couldn’t have been, he called me last week. I swore he did.” She was talking to herself now in rapid Russian and only Suho could understand. He shook his head.

“Panic.” He mouthed to everyone else.

“Hey. Lets go get coffee.” Whispered Baekhyun, pointing at the door.

 She nodded and stood up, “Ok.”

The pair slowly made their way down the street. They chose, or rather Baekhyun did, to go to Café Bene. (apparently their lattes were better?) No matter what he would say, Vivienne would just nod, shake her head, or shrug. They entered the café and while Baekhyun was ordering, Vivienne sat quietly, mumbling to herself.

“You know, if you keep doing that people will think you're crazy, which I highly doubt you are.” He handed her coffee before sitting down in front of her. “Tell Dr. Bacon what’s wrong.” She snorted and he smiled, “Tactic funny man is working!” He raised his fist in triumph. “But seriously. Tell me what's up.”

She shrugged, “Agent Fairleigh was a good friend of mine. We started at the same time and were trained together.” She sighed, “He was my first partner. Losing him was not something I never thought I would have to deal with. But I guess it’s the job.” Baekhyun just nodded

“Please don’t tell anyone though. I don’t even know why I’m sharing this with you. I shouldn’t share personal information with someone I just met. Oh my god. I’m being ridiculous.” She blurted

Baekhyun only chuckled, “Doctor, client confidentiality. Dr. Byun’s lips are sealed.”

The pair sat talking for a while. Baekhyun insisted they move past formalities and had insisted on calling her by her nickname, Yoon, because Vivienne was too hard to pronounce. He also insisted that he under no circumstances wanted her to use his full name, because it was only fair that if he called her Yoon, she called him Baek. Vivienne didn’t talk much about her past, but they discussed some of her cases and her specialties. He talked all about the unit, their order, their code names, and personalities.

“…the only one that I cannot place Kris. He’s tall, stoic, and a little bit of an .” Back at the office, Kris sneezed[1]. “But come on. You need to be filled in on the case back at ops.” He stood up, “Ops sounds cool right?”

Vivienne laughed, “Definitely.”

 

[1] Superstition, someone talking about you, you sneeze.