Chapter 7

EXO Unit

“So she was hit with a cross, right?” She asked Kyungsoo

“Yes, in the head.” He clarified

“And…” She paused “Agent Farleigh was killed by strangulation?”

“Yes.”

            She sighed. She knew this style. She had seen it before. An agent watches relatives of a known group recently taken off the map to make sure the relative did not take what was left of the group and regrow it. Recently, someone had taken to killing off these people as what they saw as retribution, but it’s only a front. Who ever is doing this was nothing but a serial killer. Vivienne was on this case once while on assignment in Mexico but when the killings moved to Afghanistan, she was taken off the case and sent to Colombia for a new assignment. Another drug cartel, as usual. It was ironic that the case showed itself again here, where she was sent. But where did Agent Farleigh fit in to this? That was where she was stuck. She hated being stuck. Great. Now she was frustrated. She also hated being frustrated. Damn it. Nothing was coming to her. Perhaps she’ll find something here. She had to call the director and tell him what was going on. Maybe she’ll get reassigned here for a while so she’ll be able to find out what happened to Henry. That’s what bothered her the most. She had read this case file about 100 times but she had never read anything about the agent assigned being killed. Where did this come from? A change in the killer’s plan might bring up more dead bodies. That would not be pretty. In fact that would be a big mess, not to mention a huge amount of paper work. That, she did not want.

“Hey Yoon. What do you think?” Asked Suho waving his hand in front of her face.

“Huh? Oh yeah.” She thought for a second, having lost her train of thought from earlier, “I’ve seen this before. It’s a CIA thing to follow family members to make sure they don’t restart the family business. I saw it in Mexico when I was undercover in a drug cartel the head was killed-“

“Did you kill him?” asked Chen eyes wide. Vivienne only shot him a look that said ‘what do you think’. His mouth just dropped open.

“As I was saying. When he was killed I kept seeing an agent everywhere. When I confronted him, he told me. I helped out till I was relocated to Colombia.”

“Is the agent showing up dead common also?” Kris asked flipping through the file that Vivienne had gotten the CIA field office to send over.

She shook her head, “Never.  I read the file a hundred times. This is a first.”

“Perhaps Agent Fairleigh got to close?” threw out Kai, wanting to contribute something at least.

“That might me it.” Suho stood up, “but to close to what?”

“The killer obviously.” Smirked Chen.

“You're not helping Baby Boo.” Kris called over to Chen from his desk.

“What’s Baby Boo?” Vivienne turned from the LCD screen, confused.

“Code name. Chen’s to be exact.” Kai explained.

“Are all of them so cutesy?”

“Each and everyone of them.” Tao chuckled

“Oh dear God!” She laughed

The entire team was called and reintroduced with their code names. It took a little to get them all straight. Her favorite had to be Kris’s, Sunshine, or maybe Kyungsoo’s, Penguin. They had insisted on giving her one, but none of them could think of one at the moment.

“Enough! Someone needs to go check the victim’s apartment.” Kris said loudly.

“Kai and I’ll go. Since, you know, I’m a woman and all.” Vivienne volunteered.

“That’s probably a smart idea. Kai, don’t do any thing stupid.” He paused, “And keep your comments to yourself for once.”

“Yeah Cupcake.” Vivienne snickered.

Kai stuck his tongue out at her, “Whatever. I’m driving.”

 

The ride over to the victims place was pretty uneventful. Besides the fact that Kai’s driving was ridiculous and many times Vivienne had to hold on and pray. Kai had talked the whole time about what his job was on the team (self proclaimed master of one-liners and getting smacked), what his favorite foods, colors, genres of music, and movies where, as well as his favorite type of mission was, AND where he liked to club. She didn’t share much other than where she came from, and her favorite pass time; reading analyst files, which Kai thought was boring. After a 40-minute drive, they parked in an underground parking lot. They flashed their badges at the front desk and went up to the apartment.

“Well, its neat.” Kai mumbled.

Vivienne rolled her eyes, “You do it on purpose. I swear.”

They looked around for at least a half an hour but found nothing.

“This apartment is bigger than the office. I think it is anyway.” He paused, “ok maybe just the bull pen, kitchen, gym, and showers. Also maybe the arsenal…”

“How could she have afforded this?” Vivienne called from the victim’s room, “Maybe- AH HA!” Kai came running.

“What is it?”

“Extra magazines!” She cheered and bagged them, “How much you wanna bet they're from her Baretta?”

“That is a bet I do not want to take.” He went back to searching. “Hey Yoon.”

“Yeah babe?”

“What girl leaves her house with out her phone?”

Vivienne turned around, “One in a hurry. Why? Did you find one?”

Kai held up a Samsung Galaxy S5 in a pink case, “It’s fully charged, wallet case has all her cards, except for T-money oddly. Which is probably why it took fingerprints to find her…”

That definitely was odd. Even on assignment she made sure to leave the house with an id and a phone, whether it was hers or an alias. She expected EXO was the same. At least Kris was.  What could have prompted this girl to leave her home in such a hurry that she forgets everything but her T-money card? Nothing was coming to her now.

“Oh ho! I found something that will make Dr. Honey Bun happy.” She smirked, holding up four pink diaries, “Homegirl has some secrets.”

“Oh gimme those. I’m a chick expert.” Kai made a grab for them.

“Sorry Cupcake darling. Not for you.”

“You're having way to much fun with these code names aren’t you Yoon?” He deadpanned.

“You have no idea, baby boy.”