Chapter 2

EXO Unit

 

“At least she was pretty.” shrugged Kai, looking down at the mutilated body of a woman. 

Kris walked up behind him and smacked him in the back of the head. “Inappropriate, Kai.” He looked down over the body and sighed, “Where are Lay and Kyungsoo?”

“Stuck in traffic. Still.” Called Xiumin from the truck that housed all the supplies.

Everyone was about doing their delegated jobs.  Most of the agents were in the field, as well Luhan, Kyungsoo, and Lay.  Sehun and Baekhyun were unnecessary and Chen had made fun of them for it the whole time the rest of the team had gathered their gear.  Sehun didn’t give a but Baekhyun had sulked in front of his computer.

“We’re here! Sorry it took so long, the traffic on 88 was murder.” Kyungsoo smirked pushing the gurney. Lay face palmed with his free hand.

“So what is it docs?” asked Chanyeol snapping pictures of the body. 

“We just got here Yeol, calm down,” Lay said leaning down to get a look at the woman on the ground.  “Blunt and sharp force trauma from a heavy object.”

“Found it!” yelled Tao coming up from behind the altar with a bloodied cross. “It was death by the cross.”

“Oh. Sacrilegious,” muttered Suho, putting his hand over his chest.

“She was definitely beaten with it but we will know more when we get back to the lab.”  Reported Luhan, “Obviously.”

“If the cross was the murder weapon, why did I find a gun?” asked Kai picking up a gun with his gloved hand. Chanyeol took it from him.

“Whoa! A 9mm Baretta 92 m9a1! Girlfriend was packing some serious heat!” He checked the gun. “Its been fired recently too. Someone might be injured, unless we can find the bullet.”

“It better not be in a bible or I swear…” said Suho, looking for holes in the pews. “Nothing.”

“Nothing here either.” Called Kris from the far wall. “But I got blood.”

“Ooooh! Blood.” Luhan all but pranced over to the blood. After pushing Chanyeol out of the way, he swabbed the blood twice. “I have DNA!!” Luhan looked the happiest he had ever been in a while. He smiled to himself as he packed the evidence in to his bag, all the while happily humming to himself.

“Why are you so happy about blood?” asked Xiumin, sketching the scene. Luhan ignored him.

“I love my job.” He mumbled, standing up and walking back to the van.

“Did anyone find any identification on her?” Kris asked.

“No, not yet,” replied Tao. “We might have more luck with prints or DNA.”

“Okay, everyone. Finish documenting the scene and we’ll wrap it up. We’re gonna have a lot of paperwork to do.”


A/N:

Sorry for the short chapters. I have a hard time writing long chapters... but enjoy!