Chapter 9

EXO Unit

A/N: Sorry for not updating for so long! I ran out of inspiration and just found some more~ Enjoy~

Vivienne got home at 9:30. She left a trail of clothes as she entered her apartment. Her somewhere to go was her shower. Something wasn’t right. She needed to go over all the related cases, which would take days. But it seemed like the only option. She tested the water’s temperature then got in. She stood under the water, massaging shampoo into her hair. Who does she call to get the files? She didn’t want to go through the main channels. It would take days to get the files and they didn’t have the time. After washing out the suds, she put conditioner in and let it sit. How was she supposed to deal with Kris? He really didn’t trust her, that was obvious. She sighed and began to wash her face. What about everyone else? Suho she knew trusted her, and Kai seemed to but everyone else? No idea. God she was tired. She rinsed her hair then got out of the shower. Vivienne got into bed immediately, not noticing the multiple calls from Kai and Suho.

    “Did you reach her last night?” Kai asked Suho the next morning.

    “No. I tried multiple times.”

Kai ran his hand through his hair. Where did she go? She seemed preoccupied with something the day before but he didn’t think it would be ok to pry. She had left without a word. He had just wanted to make sure she was ok. She was his partner for God sake! He needed to keep an eye on her.

Vivienne came in about three hours after everyone else at about 11. No one noticed until she sat down in her seat.

“Where have you been?!” Kai cried when he came back from the kitchen. “I called you like 10 times last night!” Vivienne shook her head and took her hat off. Kai’s eyes widened. “What happened to your hair?!” Vivienne looked at him confused.

“Oh! My hair!” She tugged at her ends. “I dyed it red! New color! I got it done this morning.” She smiled. There was a reason she dyed her hair. She did it every couple months to make her harder to recognize. It was part of her training. She was a light brown before. She also cut her hair to shoulder length. It was amazing how easily a hairstyle can change a look.

“It looks nice.” Chanyeol fussed her hair as she passed. Vivienne laughed and swatted at him.

Suddenly Kris stood up. “We got another body.” A groan went through the room.

The new body was found in a church as well. Suho had went on a long rant about how the churches were being desecrated and were supposed to be a safe haven. No one listened. This time the victim, a young woman, was stabbed 43 times. It was so bad, you couldn’t recognize the face. Major over kill in Vivienne’s opinion. She was walking around the Chancel in front of the pews, trying to find some sort of identification. The CIA scanner didn’t come up with anything. She was about to give up when she spotted something tucked into the cross in front.

“Snuggle bunny! I got something!” Chanyeol jogged over and snapped a picture. Vivienne pulled the thing out. It was a piece of blue paper. She handed it over to Chanyeol to read

“Yeol? What does it say?” Chanyeol took a breath and started.

“ ‘If you’re reading this, you need to get this to Agent Vivienne Lee from the CIA’”

“They want Yoon?!” Kai interrupted. Kris hushed him.

“ ‘I don’t know his name, can’t describe his face, but I can tell you he’s CIA. I don’t know why he’s after me but the only person I can trust is Agent Lee. Souhait.’” Vivienne gasped. Souhait was a code word she had with the daughter of a French arm dealer she had taken down a few years ago.

“What does souhait mean to you Yoon?” Baekhyun asked, looking at the frozen woman staring at the body.

“It can’t be.” She muttered. “I worked so hard getting her settled in Germany! What could she be doing here? How could- I thought-.”

“Yoon.” Baekhyun said softly, “Who is she?”

Nadine Louineaux. Daughter of Arno Louineaux, the arms dealer.” She paused, “I killed her father. She wasn’t angry with me. All she asked for was a new life. Away from her past. From everything.” She started to pace. “Her former identity was erased! I made sure of it! I had the best in the agency creating her a new identity! I swear I did! WHAT HAPPENED?!” She screamed. Baekhyun grabbed her arm.

“Yoon. Calm down.” She pushed him off and walked out. The guys watched her leave. This had obviously gotten personal.

Vivienne hung up her call. She had contacted her boss to get him to send all the case files on the family murders and the take down of each organization they were related to. The only way they were going to get a suspect was if they could find a common denominator in all the cases. It was going to take a while. Deciding she would pull an all nighter, she went home to pack a bag.

She stood in front of her closet with her hands on her hips. She had lounge clothes, toiletries, work clothes for the next day, now she only needed underwear. She had no idea why her underwear mattered so much but she knew she wanted a cute set. She decided on pink and white striped lacy set that she knew she always looked good in. At least that’s what people who had seen her in said. She laughed at herself as she put it in her bag. Just as she was about to call Kai, he called her.

“Yoon. Where did you go?” He sounded frantic.

“Home Kai. I needed to get a few things.”

“Why?”

“All nighter coming up. Gotta go over all the old case files.”

“Then I’ll help you.”

“Better pack a bag.”

Everyone had agreed to help her. Lay and Kyungsoo were going to go over the autopsy reports, Luhan and Sehun were covering the forensic evidence. Baekhyun and Kris were going to talk to the agents in charge of each case. The rest were attacking the thick files. The ones reading the files had spread out in the second floor lounge. Everyone had changed into comfortable close and had made enough coffee to last all night. Vivienne curled up on an arm chair with the cases she had worked on. Mexico. France. Russia. South Africa. Somalia. Pakistan. There were a lot. She sighed. She never really paid attention to all the cases she had taken on in the past six years. It was funny. Most agents didn’t have that many in the same amount of time. The agency had taking a liking to her when they saw her performance during her basic training to become a marine at Parris Island. She was 17. They moved her to Navy Seal training after the 12 weeks even though women weren’t actually allowed to. She had finished when she was 18. Vivienne took pride in her achievements. She had out shot every other Navy Seal in her training unit. At 19 she was already halfway trained to be a full blown agent and analyst. Missions started at 20.

“Yoon? Got anything?” Vivienne shook her head.

“Other than flashbacks? Nada.”

“Holy ! Head shot from 2,600 yards!” Chanyeol cried.

“Who did it?” Tao asked, looking up from the floor.

“It doesn’t say a name. Just H2SO4.”

“Sulfuric acid?” Suho asked looking at Chanyeol.

“Yup just the molecular formula for it.” Chanyeol was impressed whoever the H2SO4 sniper was, they were badass. He wanted to meet them.

It was 6:30 in the morning when Tao jumped up. “Michael Andrews!” he yelled. Kai jolted awake.

“Did you say Michael Andrews?” Tao nodded vigorously. “I have him in three of my files.” He shuffled through all the files in front of him. “Sudan, Kuwait, Congo.”

“I got him in Italy and Romania.” Chanyeol help up two folders. Suho blinked.

“Bolivia, Columbia.”

“I have him in Russia, Germany, and Somalia.” Vivienne added. “Wait. Michael Andrews? He worked with me in Somalia. How did I not see this?” She looked through the file again. “He was a liaison with Interpol. I was a CIA/Marine sniper. He was pretty nice, I think.” She looked down at the pictures. “I can’t remember his face and so I don’t know which one he is.” It was bothering her now. She knew she could just look him up in the database but the fact that she couldn’t remember herself pissed her off.

Suho ran downstairs to Kris and Baekhyun.

“Michael Andrews!”

“Eh heh?” Baekhyun looked up from his notes.

“Michael Andrews. Did you reach him?” Suho was frantic. They were so close to finding this killer, he really hoped they had reached him.

“No. He didn’t pick up.” Kris shook his head. Suho groaned and collapsed into his desk chair.

“I guess it’s up to Vivienne now.”