Chapter 8

EXO Unit

Kai and Vivienne returned to an office in complete chaos. Kris and Suho were no where to be found, Chanyeol had a lit sparkler, Baekhyun was hanging from the light fixture (AGAIN), Luhan was in tears, and Chen sat at his desk smirking.

            “Baek. How did you get up there?!” Vivienne screamed, watching Baekhyun struggling to keep hold of the light.

            “Oh you know. For fun.” He replied sarcastically.

            “Not again.” Kai sighed, “Chen, get Baekhyun of the ceiling, Chanyeol, put out the ing sparkler, and someone please go find Xiumin, Luhan is crying again. Do it or I’ll call boss.”

            Everyone scrambled to get their together after hearing that there was a possibility of their boss hearing of the mess they had made.

            “Does this happen often?” Vivienne whispered to Tao, who was working quietly at his desk that was across from hers.

            “A little too often.” He chuckled, “You know the saying. When the cat’s away the mice will play.”

“You're comparing your teammates to rodents.”

“Yes.”

            After Baekhyun was back on solid ground and done ripping Chen a new one, Vivienne handed over the diaries, which he excitedly accepted with a loud cheer. “WORK!”

             Apparently being a forensic psychologist didn’t give him enough to do. Vivienne shrugged and returned to her new desk next to Kai’s. Kai returned after handing off the cellphone to Sehun and the magazines to Luhan for ballistics, which cheered him up.

            “How’s Luhan?” She asked looking up at Kai.

            “All right now that he has something to do and Xiumin is there with him.”

            “What happened?” She turned to him

            “Chen prank.”

            “Ah.”

            Over the past few days she had learned a lot about the EXO unit. Kris and Suho were basically dad and mom respectively, and everyone else were their children and never hesitated to act like it. Kris, Kai, Tao, Xiumin, Chanyeol, and Chen were all agents and were always in the field while Suho was an armed analyst who was sometimes let out with the agents. Some how unknown to her, the pyromaniac, Chanyeol, was in charge of firearms. Sehun and Luhan did forensics. Luhan more science and Sehun more tech. Kyungsoo and Lay took care of the dead bodies, and Baekhyun took care of the inner workings of, well, everyone and anyone. She found that Luhan was quick to anger, scare, and make cry. Not that he wasn’t manly (no matter how cute he looked he always insisted that he wasn’t cute). No, he was a perfectionist and very focused. One thing out of place and he freaked. Luckily, he responded well to Xiumin and Sehun (a bit), who help him calm down. Kyungsoo and Lay were very complementary. Lay was more go with the flow and Kyungsoo was a bit of a control freak. One always looked mad the other high, but she liked them nonetheless.

            “Yoon.” She looked up from the report she was writing, “Coffee.”

            “Don’t smile like that at me Suho. I can’t breathe when you do.” She laughed and took a sip, “You remember my favorite!”

“6 shot Venti Caramel Americano with whipped cream.” Suho stated proud of himself. He should remember. They had spent 7 months together working on a joint operation reading chatter coming from the Middle East and translating it to other languages for other countries. The two had been partners, spending about 12 hours a day together in an office of sorts basically doing intense reading. On the weekends they frequently went out for drinks, sometimes with a few other analysts but mostly by themselves.

            Vivienne had looked at Kris’s personnel file. Much of it was redacted, but the last report was about an operation he had been on in Paris one which the CIA had taken control of and given to her after he had been taken off. She had wrapped it up in a week. How it had taken them 2 months she did not know. What had gotten her was (for this she had felt bad) was the man whose wallet she stole, Wu Yifan, was actually Kris’s real name. She hadn’t been able to look him in the eye since.

            “Where’s boss?” Asked Kai after returning from the bathroom.

            “Buying new shoes.” Kai looked at Suho confused, “He saw some at a store when we went for coffee and you know how he gets, so I left him`. Why is the light crooked again?”

Kai coughed, “Ummm… well you know… uhhh…”

Suho only sighed, “Chen.”

            Kris returned 30 minutes later to an orderly office and immediately thought something was up. No one said anything but he noticed the light fixture. After a pointed look at Chen, who he knew was responsible. After staring Chen down for a few seconds, who shriveled in to his seat, Kris returned to his desk to do some paper work. Vivienne looked at him from the other end of the bullpen and she felt a pang of guilt again. Suho looked over worriedly and she just gave him a smile, which he returned. She looked at the clock. 8:45 pm. She got up with her coffee and left the office. She had somewhere to go.

            A/N Sorry for the short chapter. Inspiration has been slow...