Chapter 10

EXO Unit

It really was all up to Vivienne. But before she could look in the database, Kris got the bat signal. Or EXO signal.

“Are you kidding me?” Suho groaned, standing up from next to the body. He ran his hands down his face. “Why me?” He walked away shaking his head.

“Well at least he was hot.” Vivienne shrugged, “Hey!”

Kai doubled over with laughter, “At least it wasn’t me this time.”

She rubbed the back of her head where Kris had smacked her. She shot him a look, flipped him off then returned to snapping photos.

“Your karma must be hella ed up dude.” Kai sighed leaning over the body, “I don’t need to be a M.E to know that the guy took a beating.”

“IN A CHURCH!” Suho threw his hands in the air “Another church.”

Luhan rolled his eyes, “You're being dramatic again Sweetheart.” He searched for identification, “Still only a t-money card. Actually maybe not.”

“Is that a phone?” asked Suho crouching down to get a closer look.

“Yup!” Luhan picked up the device, “A job for Sehunnie.”

“He was definitely shot.” Chanyeol studied the blood spatter, “Probably-“

“Sniper rifle” Vivienne pointed to the bullet hole in the wall, “Through and through.”

“Yes Ma’am. But don’t take my job.” He went to go retrieve the slug from the wall.

           Kyungsoo and Lay got there soon after Vivienne and Chanyeol agreed on what type of weapon it was, they did a preliminary look at the body. The victim died at around 5:30 am, headshot, instant death.

“Ah HA! Cameras!” Xiumin sang, preparing to climb up a pillar in to a small balcony unreachable by stairs. “Oh hoooo, and they're digital! Call the hacker! We won’t even need to take them!” he pulled out his phone and called Sehun.

“This is ridiculous. There is a bullet in the cross.” Suho snapped a picture of the cross.

           Kris patted Suho on the back. This was a little unsettling. This was the second body that had come up in a week. Not only that but it was the third in a church which was definitely taking a toll on the somewhat religious Suho. This killer was good. Left no evidence at the scene. No footprints, fingerprints, hair, nothing. It was frustrating for Luhan who hated not getting results and or everyone else because they were getting nowhere in the case. Except for that name; Michael Andrews.

“I found something!” called Chanyeol, “Shell casing. Maybe we’ll get lucky.”

“His name is Bang Yongnam.” Said Vivienne from next to Luhan. “CIA portable facial/fingerprint recognition. I’ll get you one.” She put the device back in the kit.

           Back at the office everyone was busy with work. Luhan was in the lab taking care of trace evidence and Chanyeol was with him in ballistics. Sehun was trapped in his dark, techy cage working on the cell phone and security cameras. Baekhyun was still reading the first victim’s journals. Everyone else was reading the old files on B.A.P.

Kris hung up the phone. “This case is officially ours. Interpol was all too willing to hand it over. Especially since we have CIA participation.” He glanced at Vivienne. “Tell me about the victim.”

Chen commandeered the remote for the screen on the wall perpendicular to the windows, “The victim in Bang Yongnam. Age 32. Twin to Bang Yongguk, who we all know. He worked as an executive in sales at Grande Promenade Fashion Company. No connection to B.A.P other than familial, same as his younger sister.” Kris nodded

Xiumin stood up, “How many people has this guy killed again?”

“34.” Vivienne replied.

“So this guy is really must be CIA?” Kai said eying Vivienne

“That’s what we found out yesterday! And I don’t know as much as you do though. I got here Monday after your 1st vic showed up. I was in Paris for 2 months.”

           Kris looked up. Paris? What was she doing in Paris?  She was there about the same time he was. Did she take his case?

“Well. Let’s go Dr. Byun. Time to go to the fashion empire.” Kai got up, “You coming Yoon?”

“I thought you’d never ask.”

The Grande Promenade office was extremely busy preparing for the next Seoul fashion week. The atrium was filled with the sounds of phones ringing and footsteps are rushing around, hoping to get ahead in their work for the day. The three agents were lead up to the office of the CEO and waited there for about an hour.

“They seem to be preparing for a show.” Vivienne noted, pacing around the CEO’s waiting room.

“They're having a trouble choosing a color scheme.” Chuckled Baekhyun, “Primary colors vs black and white.”

Kai looked around the room at all the designs, “They should go with black and white so that nothing can clash.”

“Very astute. All of you.” Said the CEO, a woman in her late 40s opening the doors to her office, “We have just decided on black and white for the exact reason that you have just stated.”

           The three agents sat quietly in front of Kim JiEun, the CEO, as she cried.

“Ma’am, I’m sorry for your loss but we are doing the best we can to figure out who did this.”

“The timing could not be more off.” She sniffled “He wasn’t involved in anything his brother was into. We made sure of that when he applied for the job.”

“I understand but did anything about him seem out of the ordinary? See any one was following him or….?”

Ms. Kim shook her head, “I wouldn’t have noticed. I was so focused on this collection. You could get the security tapes from the past couple of weeks, if that would help. He took time off after his sister was murdered. We practically forced him.”

Vivienne thought for a second, “Have you seen anyone around the office recently that wasn’t here before?”

“Now that you mention it, some guy named Michael Andrews came asking questions about Yongnam. He was here four or five times. I think he was from some international agency of some sort. I have no idea.” Kai, Baekhyun, and Vivienne shared a look. That name again.

    “Could Michael Andrew really be CIA?” Kai asked. The trio was on their way back from the Grande Promenade office.

Vivienne shrugged, rummaging through the bag of clothes the CEO had insisted on giving them. “I think so? I still have to check personnel files. That will take a while. I have to get clearance from above.”

“God?” Kai snickered. Baekhyun smacked his arm.

“So Dr. Honey bun. What did you think of CEO Kim?”

“Obviously distraught. Not involved.” Baekhyun shrugged

“Oh ! There is a really cute skirt in here! I’m gonna change back at the office.” Vivienne exclaimed.

“Can I watch?” Kai got smacked again, “DAMN! STOP DOING THAT!”

“When you shut up.” Baekhyun sighed looking out the window.

Suddenly Vivienne’s phone rang. “Yo Joon. What up?”

“You guys on your way back?” Suho sounded a little stressed

“Yeah, Why?”

“We got another body part.”

“Ahaha! It’s a hand this time!” Chen exclaimed excitedly. This time he was the one Kris smacked in the head.

“You are too excited about that.” Suho shook his head.

           Sehun was pacing. He was really frustrated that someone had found out where they were and was sending them body parts. He had to change the security systems, update biometrics, change their address, and probably change the company name as well as all the aliases of the unit. It was a lot to do.

“Are you ok Sehun?” asked Vivienne, putting a hand on his shoulder.

He sighed, “Not really.” He brushed her hand off. “I got worked to do.”

           “Wait! Sehun!” She rushed after him. He turned around and looked at her. “I can help.”

“With what?” he scoffed.

“Aliases.” He looked at her confused. “I am CIA.” She grinned.

    Vivienne was really upset that Michael Andrews might be CIA. She felt betrayed. Agents were supposed stick together. Or something like that. She was slightly procrastinating searching the database and it was driving her crazy. Truthfully, it was probably because she was afraid of what she would find. Also, the idea of contacting her boss was not appealing. It wasn’t that he was bad. Nah, he was great. It was the fact she would have to give him the news that the prime suspect in the case was most likely an agent. He would not be happy.

    “You’re telling me, agent Lee, that these killings might be done by one of our own?” His tone made her stiffen.

    “Yes sir. He shows up in the majority of the case files connecting the organizations to the families. Proof of knowledge if you will.” Vivienne ran her hand through her hair. This was going exactly the way she thought it would.

    Her boss thought for a minute before responding, “Ok. You have access. But only you.” There was a pause. “If he is the killer? Take him out.” Vivienne’s eyes widened. Take him out?

    “Sir? Are you sure?” She held her breath, hoping she had misheard him.

    “Yes. It’s the only option. That’s a direct order.” His voice was firm but then softened. “Just do what you do best Vivienne. I understand your hesitation but it needs to be done.”

    Vivienne sighed, “Yes sir.” She hung up the phone and put her face in her hands. She had never had to take out a fellow agent before. All the people she had killed had been bad people. Leaders of drug cartels, arms dealers, terrorists, people like that. Well… It wasn’t that the killer wasn’t bad (he certainly was), it was that she knew him. She had made contact with him. The usually exhilarating feeling of having someone’s life in her hands, Vivienne knew it wouldn’t be there. Unfortunately, it was a direct order, and she could never disobey a direct order.

After procrastinating searching for two days, Vivienne gave in and just sat down to work. She went into the office at 4am after not being able to sleep. It was a plus that no one was in yet and it was quiet. She made a strong cup of coffee and got to work. The database was full of Michael Andrews(s). About 50 of them. The next step was to match the personnel files to the case files. She got the files they found him in, wrote down the places and case numbers, and returned to work.

Luhan and Kyungsoo both came in around 6, followed by Baekhyun and Suho at about 6:30. She barely noticed when Suho greeted her. She only nodded at him and continued to look through the database. Everyone else arrived between 8-9 and Vivienne still hadn’t gotten through all the files.

“Can I help?” Baekhyun asked, bringing back her refilled cup of coffee.

“Nope.” She sighed, taking the mug and sitting back to rest her eyes.

“Why not?” Baekhyun leaned on Kai’s desk. Vivienne shrugged.

“Boss says so.”

“Kris?”

“Nope. Big CIA boss. My boss.” Baekhyun nodded and walked back to his desk.

At about 10, Vivienne jumped up. She shuffled through the papers on her desk for her phone. Once she found it, she rushed out of the room to the quiet of the lounge. She didn’t know why she hadn’t thought of it earlier. Their second victim, Nadine Louineaux, had a younger sister, Claire, who was a fashion blogger. Claire was definitely in danger and obviously knew of the Grande Promenade label, so would most likely be at Seoul Fashion Week. She had to warn her and try to get her protection. Hopefully Claire would agree.