Prologue

EXO Unit

There are always so many people in Paris that you never know who’ll see, or won’t see for that matter. People looking around, taking pictures, laughing and enjoying the warm weather. Vivienne sat at a table outside a fancy cafe happily watching the people walking by. She watched as couple upon couple walked by, being generally disgustingly cute. One couple stuck out. The woman looked as though she spent more money on her face than her education but Vivienne knew better. This woman ran a black market website that connected multiple organizations that could probably get away with anything. The man was unknown but was so devilishly handsome that Vivienne couldn’t help but stare. The man did know he was just walking down a Paris street, not a runway, right? What interested her the most was the fact that he made no sounds as he walked. If she had learned anything over the past 5 years of work as an agent, it was never trust anyone whose feet made no noise.

 

She paid quickly, smiled at the waiter who had been eyeing her for the last hour, and followed after the glamorous couple, blending into the crowded Parisian sidewalks and keeping the two in sight at all times. The man glanced behind him. Vivienne adjusted her bag and checked her iPhone. 2:45. The two crossed the street towards the Louvre. They were meeting in plain sight! She needed to get a bug on this guy. She ran through the crowd to get in front of the man, then waited until he was right behind her and turned around. “Je suis desole! Oh! Excuse-moi!” She gripped his sleeve and slipped her hand in to his pocket. The man steadied her and nodded. “Pas de problem.” His accent was terrible she noted, brushing off her own coat. Putting in her headphones, she strolled into the Louvre.

 

            It was crowded. Children were whining, tour guides explaining the history of the beautiful atrium and tourists snapping pictures. Vivienne strolled past hundreds of beautifully created pieces of art until she came to an unpopulated room in the massive museum. She pulled the attractive man’s wallet out of her pocket and thumbed through it. $600 in cash, 5 credit cards, and an ID. Theodore Wilson was the name on the ID with the picture of the man from outside. One side of the wallet looked a little thicker. She took out her pocketknife and slit open the side, apologizing to the gods of fashion for destroying such an expensive accessory. Inside was a official government agency ID. Wu YiFan.