Forget It

Family Feud

tumblr_m1rdh0LsTI1r8yv6ao1_250.gif


As promised, Jongin visited me as frequently as he could while I was still in "jail." Thank goodness because I would've gone insane being trapped in this house. Daddy wasn't making things any easier. I feel like he does certain things to purposely annoy me. 

For example, the other day he kept making me do chore after chore. The problem is all of those chores were already done! So I was basically cleaning air by that point. 
 
Not to mention, the other day he asked me to take a drug test. Does he really think I'm a dope head or something? I mean, how would I even get drugs if I'm locked up in the house. It doesn't make sense. 
 
But I didn't say anything, in fear of dragging out the situation. Needless to say, I wore a very smug grin when the test showed up negative. But then he gave me a long drawn out speech about the dangers of drugs and how it affects my diabetes. 
 
Honestly, it all went in one ear and out the other. Yes, I have diabetes. But am I not allowed to have a little fun?
 
Jonghyun didn't make things any better by following Daddy around like a personal whipping boy. I guess the couch got too uncomfortable. Traitor. 
 
That's why I'm grateful that Jongin's here because I'm sure I would've murdered someone by now. 
 
I laid sprawled out on my bed texting while Jongin was on my laptop. 
 
"Hey," he got my attention. "Are you texting that Minho dude again?"
 
I smirked to myself. "Problem?"
 
He chuckled. "No. It just seems like someone may have a little crush on another someone."
 
I scoffed. "No way! What do I look like having a crush? You, out of everyone, should know that I don't do relationships."
 
"You don't have to be in a relationship with someone to like them. I mean, I like Beyoncé, but I don't see us meeting anytime soon."
 
I snickered. "That's because she's out of your league, bro. Anyway, Minho is just a cool guy. I like talking to him."
 
"Oh really? More than me?"
 
I teased. "Of course! It's about time I get rid of you." Then he gave me a death stare. "I was just kidding. Don't take it too personally."
 
"Yah, just be happy I'm using my break time to hang out with you. You could be suffering alone right now."
 
"True, true."
 
"What do you want to do tonight? We could watch a movie....or play video games...or crack jokes all night....or-"
 
"BORING! We've been doing those things for the past week. I want to do something else."
 
"Well what do you suppose we do? We're pretty limited on ideas since you're grounded."
 
"And that's my fault?"
 
He mumbled, "Obviously."
 
I rolled my eyes. "I'm sick of being stuck home all day every day. It's ing boring! There's absolutely nothing to do here. If I knew this would've happened, I wouldn't have snuck away with Minho."
 
"Awe, well I guess it's just a consequence you're going to have to learn from."
 
"Can you please stop sounding like Daddy? It's actually scary."
 
Then I got a text from Minho. 
 
To: LittleRebel - Wanna go to a party tonight?
 
I raised an eyebrow. A party? That would be nice if I wasn't grounded. Why me?
 
To: Minho - Did you forget that I'm grounded? I thought you were too?
 
To: LittleRebel - Yeah, well my dad let me off early for 'good behavior'. That's probably the perk of having a dad involved in law.
 
I smacked my lips. 
 
To: Minho - Good for you -__- 
 
To: LittleRebel - Just sneak out....
 
I furrowed my brows in thought. Sneak out? Honestly, that wouldn't be a problem. Daddy usually doesn't bother me after some time around 10 since it's after dinner. It'll be a great time to escape. 
 
The only problem is Jongin. He's always been a goody two shoes. There's no way he would support this. No way. 
 
To: Minho - That may be a problem. You may be free to party now, but I'm still grounded. So I don't know.
 
"Yah," Jongin got my attention. "Why are you so quiet over there? Is it Minho again?"
 
My face heated up. "Hey, I have other friends too."
 
He snickered. "Whatever."
 
I went to check a text from Minho. 
 
To: LittleRebel - Don't tell me you're scared ;)
 
To: Minho - No, . I just need to plan some things out. Trust me, I'll be there 
 
To: LittleRebel - Great. Be ready around 11. I'll text you later 
 
Now it's time for the plan. I most definitely need him to go before dinner. Ugh, what can I do?
 
I put my phone down and groaned as I rolled over onto my stomach. 
 
That caught Jongin's attention. "Are you ok?"
 
I groaned again and shook my head no as I clutched my stomach. "I'm not feeling too good."
 
He put his hand over my forehead. "Ok, well you don't have a fever. Is your stomach upset?"
 
I nodded. "I feel nauseous. Plus I have a really bad headache."
 
"Do you want me to get your dad?" Perfect. 
 
I nodded pitifully. Then he headed out the door to get Daddy. 
 
A few minutes later, Daddy hastily headed towards me and sat next to me on my bed. 
 
"Baby, are you ok?"
 
I groaned and whined. "Daddy, I don't feel too good. I think I may be sick."
 
He placed a comforting hand on my back. "Do you need any medicine? I can run to the drugstore really quick."
 
"No, I just want to be alone. I'm sure I'll be fine tomorrow."
 
He looked at Jongin. "Jongin, I'll drive you home. Taemin's a little sick and I don't want you catching what he has."
 
He nodded. "Yes, sir. I hope you feel better, Taemin." He came over and hugged me. 
 
"Thanks, Jong."
 
Daddy gave me a lasting hug before the both of them were out the door. As soon as the door closed, I grinned with victory. I checked the time and saw that it was around 7:15. Dinner will be in about two hours. After that, that's when my plan sets in motion. 
 
()
 
I leaned on my elbow as I stared at my plate during dinner. I pushed the pasta around with my fork, making sure to look as miserable as possible. 
 
"Taemin," said Jonghyun, "Are you ok?"
 
I answered by groaning and laying my head down on the table. 
 
I heard Daddy sigh. "Baby, maybe you should go upstairs and rest for the night. I'll put up your food, ok?"
 
I nodded and allowed Daddy to guide me upstairs. He tucked me in and closed my door. I gave it ten minutes before I hopped up and locked the door. 
 
I took a shower before dinner so Daddy and Jonghyun wouldn't get suspicious as to why the water's running. 
 
I headed towards my closet and changed to my party clothes, which consisted of skinny jeans and a sleeveless shirt. It was about time for me to let loose and have fun. I deserve it, after all, since I've been grounded for so long. 
 
I texted Minho to let him know that I was getting ready. I gave him the address and told him to park a couple of houses down in case Daddy sees or here's his car. 
 
I was getting such a thrill from this. 
 
()
 
I carefully snuck out my window to meet up with Minho. It was a real pain since my room is on the second floor. However, it wasn't my first time, so I knew how to maneuver without hurting myself thanks to the tree next to my window. 
 
When I was finally down, I ran fast and quietly down the driveway. Once I was out of my yard, I looked down the street and saw Minho waving a hand out of his car. I smiled gratefully as I headed his way. 
 
I quickly opened the door and got in. 
 
Minho had a big eating grin. "Glad you could make it out of jail."
 
I scoffed playful. "Shut the up, will ya? Anyway, thanks for doing this. I haven't felt this kind of a rush in awhile."
 
"No problem. You look.....really good tonight."
 
I grinned. "Thanks. You don't look half bad yourself." Really. His muscles were bulging from his shirt. 
 
"Thanks. So shall we go?"
 
I put on my seatbelt. "Yeah. What kind of party are we going to again?"
 
He started up the car as he said, "It's a college party one of my friends are having."
 
My eyes widened. "A college party?! How do you even know someone in college?!"
 
He chuckled and put the car in drive. "When I was a freshman, he was a junior. We've been friends since then. So when I was a junior, he was a freshman in college. We've kept touch and he's throwing a party just to celebrate the fact the he didn't sign up for summer classes. Weird reason to throw a party, but hey I'm not complaining."
 
I nodded. "How often do you go to these college parties?"
 
"Not often simply because of the fact that it's hard to sneak out of my house with my dad being a Sheriff and all. However, I've been invited to plenty."
 
"Why was it easy to sneak out this time?"
 
"Dad has to stay overnight at the station. That's usually the only time I can sneak out since he watches me like a hawk. To be honest, it gets pretty annoying living there sometimes with him being so about the law. He treats me like a criminal sometimes."
 
"Damn. And I thought I had it bad."
 
"Trust me, it gets worse. For example, when I first got my car last year, Dad heavily followed the restrictions placed on me. I couldn't drive during the early hours of the morning or late at night. That for me because that's around the time most parties took place. Then when I got my permanent license, I couldn't drive in the car with any of my friends for the first six months. So embarrassing."
 
I chuckled. "Poor baby. I'm sorry to say, but that's ing hilarious!"
 
"Yah! You're one to talk. At least I have a car and a license. What about you?"
 
"I'm working on it."
 
"And the last time I checked, your parents were the ones who gave you a tougher punishment than mine."
 
I rolled my eyes. "Whatever. And to make things clear, Jonghyun is not my parent. He's Daddy's play thing. That's it."
 
Minho held one hand up in surrender while the other stayed on the steering wheel. "Woah. Didn't meant to strike a nerve. Why do you say that?"
 
"Because ever since Dad and Daddy got a divorce, I've seen Daddy jump from relationship to relationship. Though, I do feel like Jonghyun's the main reason they split in the first place."
 
"Why him and not the others he's dated?"
 
"Because I've known about Jonghyun the longest. Even when Daddy was in other relationships, Jonghyun was still always around, hovering. Now that they're finally together, he thinks they'll stay together forever. However, I believe otherwise."
 
"Why?"
 
"Because Dad and Daddy had the most perfect relationship. I used to look up to a relationship like theirs. You can just imagine how hurt I was when they divorced."
 
"Do you and your dad still communicate?"
 
"Yeah." I sighed. "I don't even know why I brought this up. I really don't feel like talking about this right now. It's bringing me down."
 
He nodded. "Ok. So have you ever been to a college party?"
 
"No. I've only been to high school parties. They were pretty wild and crazy. So if college parties are anything like that, then I'm prepared."
 
"Oh they're ten times worse. That's what makes them so fun. I hope your eyes are ready."
 
I smirked. "What makes you think I'm a ?"
 
"You're not?"
 
"Is it that surprising? Come on. Do I really look that innocent?"
 
"Well, kind of? I would've never thought that about you. But I shouldn't be too surprised. If you were willing to sneak away and smoke weed with a complete stranger, then anything's possible."
 
I playfully punched his arm. "So are you calling me easy?"
 
He burst out laughing. "Hey, your words. Not mine. Have you ever got drunk before?"
 
"Yeah. It was awhile ago, but I can handle myself. Why?"
 
"Well these parties are full of alcohol. So you should be in heaven. Just....don't get too carried away. I'm telling you, there are guys there who live off of finding vulnerable people to sleep with. Being drunk would make it that much easier for them."
 
I cooed, "Awww, are you worried about me?"
 
"Taemin, I'm being serious. I've seen lots of stuff happen at these parties. Don't get me wrong, they're fun, but you need to stay cautious."
 
"Yeah, yeah, yeah. I hear you. Gosh, you sound like my Dad, nagging away."
 
He chuckled. "I'm your hyung after all, right? I have to look out for you."
 
I blushed. "Well, thank you."
 
()
 
Minho introduced me to his college friend that was throwing the party. I believe his name was Donghae. He's pretty cute. 
 
"Minho, why didn't you tell me you were bringing such a cutie to my party? I would've dressed more appropriately. What's your name?"
 
I blushed behind Minho. "My name's Taemin."
 
"Are you still in high school?" I nodded. "Aww, you're not a lightweight are you?"
 
I chuckled and shook my head. "No way! I've drank alcohol before. I can handle it."
 
He rolled his eyes playfully. "Sure, that's what they all say. Anyway, thanks for coming. Feel free to make yourself comfortable. See you two later, maybe." Then he headed to another direction. 
 
I looked up and Minho and tried to talk to him over the loud music. "He seems nice."
 
"He is. But don't get too ered in to him. He's a heartbreaker. Just letting you know."
 
I nodded. "Duly noted."
 
When we went in the kitchen, my eyes widened. Minho wasn't lying when he said the party would be full of alcohol. There was a table over pouring with drinks. It seemed like he cleaned out the fridge too just to place more drinks in there. 
 
"Taemin," Minho got my attention. "What type of alcohol do you want? Beer? Liquor? Tequila?"
 
"I'll just get a beer."
 
He joked. "You sure you don't want something fruity?"
 
"Dude!"
 
He chuckled and handed the beer to me. "Just joking. Don't kill me."
 
Then, my phone rang. I looked at it and saw that is was Dad. What was he doing calling so late? I ran outside away from the music and hurriedly answered the phone. 
 
"Hey, Dad."
 
"Hey, Taemin. Kibum told me you weren't feeling too good. Is everything ok?"
 
I quickly threw on a sick voice. "I'll be ok, Dad. Just a little sick is all. Why are you calling so late anyway?"
 
"Oh, it's late? Haha!" He gave a boisterous laugh. "I keep forgetting about the time difference. I just landed in America the other day for a business meeting. It's daytime here. Ah, sorry I forgot about that, son."
 
I chuckled. "It's ok, Dad. It's nice hearing from you any time."
 
"Aww, my dear son loves me."
 
I smiled widely. I really missed him. "Of course, Dad! When will you be home?"
 
Then it got kind of quiet before I heard a sigh. "I don't know yet, Taemin. You know how unpredictable the business world is."
 
"Will you at least be here for my birthday? It's only in a few months. That should give you enough time, right?"
 
"To be honest, I don't know, Taemin. I'll try my best, ok?"
 
My whole mood just went down from that. "Really, Dad? You missed my birthday two years in a row. You always put business first. You're telling me you can't take at least one day off?"
 
He sighed again. "Please don't be upset at your old pops. I have to work to make money. Trust me, I'll try my best this year to make it. I promise, ok?"
 
I put on a fake voice. "Sure, Dad. I have to go now."
 
He sighed again. "I know you're upset. Please don't be ok? But I'll let you go. I love you."
 
"Yeah. I love you too." Then I hung up. 
 
Honestly, it pissed me the hell off every time that happened. He always put work before me. I know he does so to provide for me, but I really miss him. 
 
I decided to deal with my pain the best way I thought possible at the moment. I drank and drank and drank. Then I partied my off and drank some more. 
 
Minho's warnings went in one ear and out the other. I didn't care. I just wanted to forget about all of my problems at the moment. 
 
Pretty soon, I found myself being the center of attention. I chugged the out of a keg, played beer pong, and I even let Donghae take a body shot off of me, which probably explained why I was with him most of the night. 
 
"Hey," some random dude shouted. "I dare Donghae to kiss Taemin!" The whole room roared with excitement and ooh's. 
 
By this point, I wasn't shy at all. Before I could walk over to Donghae, Minho grabbed my shoulder to stop me. 
 
"Taemin, I think it's time to go home."
 
I shrugged him off. "Why? I'm having so much fun! Plus, Donghae's hot. I'm not missing this opportunity!" 
 
I took a shot of tequila before sauntering over to Donghae who was sitting on the couch. I sat down and straddled him for everyone to see. He placed his hands on my waist to settle me more onto his lap. There was an applause and cheers from the people around us. It did nothing but motivate me more to continue. 
 
I dove straight for Donghae's mouth in a wet, hot, sloppy kiss. People cheered my name as the kiss got deeper. Donghae's hands traveled up and down my back. Right as I began to grind on him, I felt myself being pulled and yanked away from him. I looked up to see it was Minho. 
 
"Ok, show's over!" People whined and groaned. "Yah, let's not forget that Taemin's underaged. You, out of everyone here, knows that, Donghae. Let's go, Taemin." I didn't have a chance to protest before I was being dragged out by my arm. 
 
()
 
Key's POV
 
Me and Jonghyun laid in bed while watching tv. I kept worrying all night about Taemin. Ever since he was little, he's always been a sickly child. It's easy for him to get sick. That's one of the reasons why I'm so protective of him. I don't want him having to suffer in the hospital for months like he did when he was younger. 
 
"Bummie," Jonghyun got my attention. "What's bothering you?"
 
I snuggled onto his chest. "What makes you think something's bothering me?"
 
"Because you're unusually quiet. Now what's wrong?"
 
I sighed. "I'm just worried about Taemin. He doesn't have a great immune system, so when he gets sick, it can get serious very quickly."
 
"Why is it? Is it because of his diabetes?"
 
"I don't know. Even before he was diagnosed with diabetes, he's had a weak immune system. He used to stay in the hospital from weeks to months just because of something as simple as nasal allergies. But lately he hasn't been getting sick. So I'm just a bit in shock, honey."
 
He kissed the top of my head. "He'll be just fine, ok? He's a strong boy. If he's able to survive being a sick child so many times, then a little cold should  be nothing to him."
 
I sighed. "Yeah, you're right. I'll still got check up on him to make sure."
 
Jonghyun let go of his hold on me so I could get up. I walked out to Taemin's door, surprised to find it locked. Maybe he just wanted some privacy. I walked back into my room to get the spare key to his room door. 
 
However, when I unlocked the door, I didn't expect to see and empty bed and an opened window. 
 
"JONGHYUN!"
 
 
Okay, so it's been forever since I've updated. I sincerely apologize. Anyone who knows me knows that I would rather not update tso I can find motivation than update with a chapter I'm not confident in. Sorry for the wait! But I'm back now and pretty sure of my direction in the story.
 
Also, school has just started back for me sadly. But I'll try my best to not let that affect me. Hope you enjoyed the story. Please comment ^.~