Busted....Again

Family Feud

hello-taemin.gif


After being mauled by screaming estrogen, I decided to surprise Kai during his dance practice. I didn't tell him I was coming today, so scaring the out of him was definitely on the plan. 

The staff, who already knowing me by now from my many visits, led me to the dance practice room that Kai was practicing in. I looked in the window and saw that he was busy talking to some short dude with big eyes. I took this as my opportunity to sneak up on him. 
 
I opened the door and slowly crept towards him. His group members noticed me, but didn't say anything and watched with excitement to see what I would do.  Once I was close enough, his friend saw me and I quickly raised a finger to my lips to signal him not to say anything. He just smiled before looking at Kai again. 
 
I tiptoed to lean against Kai's ear before whispering, "Jongin-ah," then he jumped and turned around, letting out the most girly scream I've heard a boy give. 
 
s, along with myself, burst out laughing at him. I kind of felt bad, but only a little. Oh well!
 
"Dude!" I said throughout pained laughs. "You are such a wimp!
 
"Yah! I thought it was a ghost or something. You know you would be just as scared."
 
"Maybe spooked, but not turn into a little . It's ok, Jongy Wony," I teased as I pinched his cheeks. 
 
He smacked my hand away while pouting. "Hey, that's no way to treat your best friend. What are you doing here anyway? I thought you were forever banned from the outside world."
 
I shrugged. "I snuck out."
 
He scoffed. "You can't just sneak out.  Not when you have a dad like yours. So what really happened?"
 
"Ok, Jonghyun helped me sneak out." A knowing grin spread across his face. "Yah, I know what you're thinking, but it was strictly business."
 
"Pfft! Yeah, right. Is he your new friend now?"
 
"As if! I just needed a favor and he was willing to help. I'm done talking about this. How about you introduce me to you bandmates now before I punch your ."
 
He burst out laughing. "Ok, ok. I'll mess with you later. Anyway," he directed his attention to his bandmates, "Guys, this is my best friend Lee Taemin. Taemin, this is Luhan, Yixing, Tao, Kris, Xiumin, Jongdae, Suho, Kyungsoo, Sehun, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, and yours truly," he ended pointing to himself. 
 
"Whoa," I let out a chuckle. "There's a lot of you and only one of me."
 
"Don't worry," said Chanyeol, "We won't bite. We've heard a lot about you. We were actually eager to meet you."
 
"Really?"
 
"Yeah, I bet you have a ton of embarrassing stories about Jongin."
 
I smirked. "Where do I even start?" 
 
They all burst out laughing as Jongin groaned. This was going to be quite a fun evening. 
 
()
 
Key POV
 
I visited Taemin's doctor to make sure he would be ok. After finding out about him having diabetes, I've been extremely cautious about anything he takes part in. So when I found out he smoked weed last night, that did nothing but freak me out even more.  Taemin has type 1 diabetes. It's not the worst, but it's still pretty serious. I'm not sure if drugs have any effect on diabetes or his recovery, but I'm about to find out. 
 
"Diabetes or not," said the doctor, "he should definitely stay away from it. It's something that I personally feel uncomfortable with when dealing with my patients. Let's look at it realistically. When people smoke , what do they usually get, Mr. Kim?"
 
"Uhhh," how the hell was I supposed to know? I've never smoked that stuff. "The munchies?"
 
"Correct. According to studies, can cause blood sugar levels to decrease, which is good. However, patients usually get what is called the munchies. And with this comes the urge to eat something sugary, most likely something bizarre and unhealthy. That would not be good for your son's blood sugar levels at all since it could cause an increase in sugar levels. So he needs to be careful."
 
"Is there anything else?"
 
"Yes. When people smoke , it affects better judgment, ultimately making it hard to make rational decisions, such as forgetting to take insulin to offset what has been eaten. Blood sugar levels can skyrocket and could damage nerve endings, kidneys, and the heart."
 
"Is there anything I can do to help avoid this?"
 
"Well you should definitely keep drugs away from your son. On the contrary, if you find out he's smoked, I strongly urge you to check his blood sugar levels to make sure he's ok. Like I said before, there's nothing written in stone saying it's impossible to smoke while having diabetes, but it's best to be monitored, especially in conditions like your son's because he's so young. He must be monitored to prevent his diabetes from worsening."
 
I nodded. "Thanks so much, Doctor. I'll most definitely be having a talk with Taemin when I get home."
 
"No problem. You can call or stop by anytime if you have more questions. I've been Taemin's doctor long enough to know he's a good person. He's just young and reckless, as many teens are, so please don't be too hard on him," he ended with a smile. 
 
I sighed. "I'll try not to."
 
As I drove home, I thought about the doctor's words. It's true that I'm a little hard on Taemin sometimes, but that's only because I don't want to see him make dumb mistakes. I love him too much to watch him suffer. I'll have a long talk with him when I get home. 
 
Once I arrived home, I saw Jonghyun reading a magazine in the living room. 
 
"Hey, honey," I said as I walked up to him before kissing him and sitting next to him. "You didn't have to work today?"
 
"Yeah, but only the office today. My hours were short so I decided to come home. What about you?"
 
"I went to the Music Bank set and a photoshoot today to style idols. Then I went to visit Taemin's doctor. Where is he anyway? I need to go talk to him."
 
"Ummm...let's go out tonight. Just you and me. You know we haven't been on any dates in awhile."
 
I chuckled. "Um, ok. Just as soon as I talk to Tae- AH!" I was yanked off the couches and dragged to the stereo. 
 
"You know what we really haven't done in awhile? Dance together! Let's dance." He the stereo and danced to the salsa music playing. 
 
I stood there dumbfounded. "Ok? Jonghyun, I promise we'll have this date night you want so badly right after I finish talking to Taemin. Now if you'll excuse me." I turned around to head upstairs. 
 
On my way up there Jonghyun kept nagging my ear off about nonsense. 
 
"I'm pretty sure Taemin's sleeping. He wouldn't want to be bothered. We should turn right back around. Yep, we should. I mean, you have the rest of your life to talk to him right?"
 
When I was finally in front of Taemin's door I snapped. "Could you please shut the hell up for five seconds?" I opened his door to see he was nowhere in sight. "What the he-"
 
"Ok, I have something to tell you."
 
"I already have a feeling I won't like it."
 
"Well, Taemin's not here."
 
I took a deep breath in and out.  "Do you by any chance know where he is?" He nodded. "Well?!"
 
"Promise you won't get mad?"
 
"Honestly you're pissing me the hell off with all of this procrastination. Just spit it out!"
 
"Taemin's at the SM building with Jongin."
 
"WHAT?!"
 
"But please don't blame him! I convinced him to do it."
 
"Jonghyun, why the would you do something like that?! You know he's grounded! He's not supposed to be out with friends!"
 
"I'm sorry, Key. It's just I know how it feels to not be able to communicate with my friends because of their busy schedule. He needs to see his friend as much as possible before he debuts."
 
"I'm so mad right now, I could punch you! You always do this. You could at least run things by me first before taking the authority upon yourself to tell my son what to do." He remained silent as he stared at the ground. I tugged on his hand. "Come on! We're going to get him now!"
 
()
 
Taemin POV
 
The whole room was filled with laughter as I told yet another embarrassing story of the Kim Jongin. 
 
Jongin whined, "Come on~. It was third grade!"
 
"Doesn't matter," I said difficultly throughout my laughter. "Still doesn't change the fact that pissed your pants in front of the whole student body!"
 
There was another round of laughter before Sehun said, "More! Please tell us more!"
 
I smirked. "Your wish is my command. So one time we were at a party, and Jongin so ing wasted he thought I was a girl. So he was hitting on me and I was laughing my off. Then you're not gonna believe what happened."
 
"Please stop," Jongin begged. 
 
"No!" Said Kris. "Please keep going!"
 
"This dude kisses me out of nowhere!" There was a ruckus of noise out of shock and amusement. "My reaction exactly! I totally thought he had a crush on me, but I knew he thought I was someone else so that thought went away. Thank goodness, because that would've been awkward as hell."
 
"So," said Chanyeol, "how was Taemin's lips?"
 
Jongin's face heated. "Can we please just stop talking about this?! That was in junior high. I didn't know how to handle my liquor."
 
"But you've gotta admit," said Yixing, "Taemin's pretty hot, right?"
 
Everyone burst out laughing again. "Yah, he's my best friend. I don't think about these things."
 
I raised my eyebrow and continued to tease. "So if we weren't best friends, you'd be attracted to me?"
 
He choked up. "Uh...no! I mean, you know... Taemin, stop ing with my head!"
 
His band mates burst out laughing again as well as I. "I'll take that as a yes."
 
At that, Kyungsoo abruptly stood up and stormed out of the practice room, slamming the door on the way out. That instantly changed the mood since everyone went silent. Jongin quickly followed after him calling his name. 
 
I sat there dumbfounded and confused. "What was that all about?"
 
Baekhyun filled me in. "You didn't know? Kyungsoo and Jongin are kind of a thing now. I mean, they're not dating or anything, but it's pretty obvious that they like each other."
 
Luhan chimed, "I guess Kyungsoo got jealous over you and Jongin's relationship." 
 
"Pfft! Really? Jongin's like a brother to me. I mess with him like that all the time. I would never even consider dating him."
 
"I can tell," said Suho, "but I guess it wasn't that obvious to Kyungsoo. He's pretty territorial over Jongin."
 
"Well this is news to me because Jongin's never said anything to me about him. If I would have known all of this, I wouldn't have been as aggressive. I feel so bad now."
 
Yixing patted my back. "Don't worry about it too much. It's not your fault you didn't know. Plus, Kyungsoo's an emotional person anyway. He just doesn't express himself well. He'll come around."
 
"I still feel like I should go out there and apologize. I'll be back." I stood up and headed out the door. 
 
As I was about to turn the corner, I heard their voices. I decided to stay put just in case. 
 
"What the hell was that, Jongin?" I assumed that was Kyungsoo. 
 
"Kyungie, he's my friend. He's not someone you should feel threatened by. He's a nice person and wouldn't do anything to hurt you."
 
"But he was all over you. What do you call that?"
 
"Taemin's just really into skinship. He's always been clingy to me. I'm just used to it by now. I'm sorry if it offended you. And I'm sorry about how we were in there. We're just used to joking around like that. That's just how we are."
 
"Well, it's still kind of rude. Doesn't he know we're a thing?"
 
"Ummm, well, I didn't tell him yet."
 
"What? Why not? You tell us so much about him, yet you can't even tell him about me? Do you even really like me?"
 
"Kyungsoo, what are you saying? Of course I like you. You know this. It's just, Taemin's someone special to me just like you are. He can be a bit aggressive, but he only does so because he doesn't want me to get hurt. I wanted to wait for the perfect moment to introduce you two alone. But I guess I kind of ed that up." 
 
I decided to come out then. "Hey, guys. Um, I came out here to apologize to you, Kyungsoo. I-"
 
"Save it," he interrupted. "It's not your fault. You didn't know and you're his best friend. It's not your fault that I get jealous easily. It's something I must work on. But I don't want you to think I hate you or anything, because I don't. I actually think you're pretty awesome."
 
I was beyond flattered. "Why thank you. But I still feel the need to apologize, so I'm sorry for making you feel uncomfortable."
 
He smiled. "Apology accepted."
 
"Aww," I turned around to see the rest of exo peeking their heads around the corner. 
 
Chanyeol said, "I think I'm gonna cry." 
 
I ignored them and directed my attention to Jongin. "This is your fault in the first place. You shouldn't have kept everything so secretive."
 
He sighed. "I know. I'm sorry. I just want both of you to know you're both important to me and I love you guys."
 
"Group hug!" Screamed one of the members. Next thing I know, I was being crushed to death. 
 
Then I felt my phone vibrate. "Ok....guys....my phone!" Then they loosened up so I could reach my phone. It was a text from Jonghyun. 
 
     From: Jonghyun- Your dad found out. I'm sorry. I tried to stop him. We'll be there in a couple of minutes.
 
My heart sank. I honestly can't trust anyone to look out for me. 
 
"!"
 
"What," asked Jongin. 
 
"Jonghyun's got loose lips. My dad is on his way to get me. Dammit. I have to go guys."
 
There were whines and groans from the group and Chanyeol spoke first. "Do you have to? We're having so much fun."
 
"I know, but it's urgent. It was nice meeting you guys though. I'll stop by again if I get the chance."
 
"I'll walk you out," said Jongin. He hugged Kyungsoo before leading me to the lobby of the building. 
 
"I'm gonna be so dead."
 
"Not so much as long as I'm around. I mean, your dad loves me. Probably more than you," he teased. 
 
"You're probably right."
 
"I was kidding. Your dad loves you. He'll be mad for awhile, but he'll get over it."
 
"We'll see."
 
A couple of minutes later, I saw Daddy's car pull up. He and Jonghyun stepped out and headed towards the door. After Jonghyun typed in the password, Daddy came running in the door dramatically as always. 
 
"Lee Taemin, you are in so much trouble!" He glanced at Jongin and changed his tone to a lighter one. "Nice to see you, Jongin." I rolled my eyes. 
 
"Nice seeing you too. Um, I know Taemin's in trouble, but he only did this because I'll be debuting soon and may not see him as much. We want to use every moment to see each other."
 
Of course Daddy would be convinced by him. "I understand that. This is just the wrong way to do it. Taemin's still grounded. However, I'm allowing you to come over the house whenever you want to see him. He's just not allowed to leave the house."
 
"Yes, sir. Thank you."
 
"You're welcome. Now, come on Taemin. We have a lot to talk about young man." Oh great. 
 
I gave Jongin a tight hug and promised to text him. Then I trudged my way off to hell. 
 
()
 
Here we go again. Me sitting on the living room couch getting yelled at again. Oh joy. 
 
Daddy paced back and forth as he said, "How untrustworthy can you be?! And to think that I was gonna let you off the hook a little today. Well you can kiss that thought goodbye!"
 
Jonghyun interrupted. "Key-"
 
"I don't even want to hear anything from you. You defied me just as much as he did! I honestly take offense to that. Jonghyun, you can't just go around parenting behind my back!"
 
This was getting awkward. "Um, should I just go to my room?"
 
"You don't move!" I held my hands up in surrender as he continued to yell at Jonghyun. "What we're you thinking?"
 
"I told you already. I know how it feels to not be able to talk to a friend. It . So please, don't blame him. I accept full responsibility. I'm the one who convinced him to do this."
 
"You know what? I don't give a damn who's fault it is. You're grounded right along with Taemin! I hope you have fun sleeping on the couch for the rest of the week." Then he stormed upstairs before we heard a door slam. 
 
It was eerily quiet in the living room. "Thanks," I said quietly while looking at my hands, "for sticking up for me and keeping your word."
 
Jonghyun walked over to the couch and sat next to me. I shuffled a bit because I'm still not that comfortable with him yet. "I told you I would. I'm a man of my word."
 
"I see. Sorry you're on the couch for the rest of the week."
 
He chuckled. "That's nothing. As long as you're ok, I'm fine."
 
"Hmm. I have a question."
 
"Ok. Go ahead."
 
"I'm so mean to you, yet you find every possible moment you can to help me out. Why?"
 
He let out a long sigh. "Believe it or not, I was in your shoes before. My parents got divorced and married other people. It was very hard on me and my sister. But at least I had my sister there for me. You don't have anyone to find comfort in. So I show more compassion towards you because you're going through something I went through. I know how it feels to have to pretend to be happy. It's not nice. So I'm very patient with you."
 
"Did you ever...begin to like your step parents?"
 
"Yeah. I grew very close to them. But you want to know how I did that?"
 
"How?"
 
"I opened up to them. I gave them a chance, and that's all I can ask if you. Just to give me a chance. I'm not a bad person, Taemin. I love your dad very much and I love you as well, no matter how mean you are to me."
 
I smiled a little. "I don't know if I'll ever fully like you.....but you're slowly getting there." He moved to hug me and I made him stop. "Uh, what are you doing?"
 
He smiled. "Too soon?"
 
"Yeah very. Anyway, I'm off to bed. I would like to get as much rest in before Dad calls me saying how disappointed he is again."
 
"Alright. Goodnight, Taemin."
 
"Night." Then I headed upstairs to my bedroom. 
 
As I got ready for bed, my phone rang. I rolled my eyes because I thought it was Dad. He would've definitely called by now. I picked up the phone, surprised to see it was Minho. 
 
"Hello?"
 
"Hey, Taemin. You forgot about me?"
 
I chuckled. "What are you talking about?"
 
"You were texting me earlier in the day then stopped all of a sudden. What happened?"
 
"Oh, about that, I got in trouble."
 
"Again? You really are a little rebel," he said amused. 
 
"I snuck out to see my friend, so I was with him the rest of the day. Then I got busted and yelled at. No biggie."
 
"I guess. I'm kind of jealous though."
 
"Why?"
 
"You were out with someone else and forgot all about me."
 
I smirked. "Maybe you're just not that important."
 
"Yah!" I burst out laughing. 
 
"Hey, I'm just joking. I would love to hang out with you, but I'm still grounded and I'm not risking getting in trouble again by sneaking out."
 
"I can come see you."
 
"Dude, my dad would have a fit. He already doesn't like you because of what we did-"
 
"But he likes my dad-"
 
"But your dad doesn't like me-"
 
"But he likes your parents-"
 
"Honestly, we're just going in circles."
 
"I'm telling you I can convince my dad to let me come over. We can have dinner or something."
 
"Dinner?"
 
"Yeah. Like andapology dinner because I'm sure that's what he'll have me do. I can get him to call your parents. It'll be done."
 
"You know how weird this sounds?"
 
I heard him laugh silently. "I know. I guess I'll come up with anything to see you."
 
I smiled a little. "You want to see me that badly?"
 
"Yeah. You're a cool person. I had a lot of fun with you. Plus, I kind of....like you."
 
I raised a brow. "Huh?"
 
"Taemin, you're cute. It's a compliment. Just take it."
 
I giggled. "Ok, thank you. I hope you know I'm not looking for a relationship."
 
"Good. Because neither am I. I just think you're awesome."
 
I blushed. This feeling was so foreign to me. "So are you. I'll call you later though. I'm about to go to sleep."
 
"Alright. Goodnight, Taemin."
 
"Goodnight."
 
That night, I laid in my bed for some minutes thinking about Minho. It's true, I think he's cute too, but do I like him? Even if I do, I wouldn't date him. I don't do relationships. In the past, I've only hooked up with people. But my whorish days are over now because it was too much for me. The most I've done lately is make out with some random dude at a party, but that was two months ago. 
 
Maybe getting to know Minho would be fun. At least getting to know him as a friend. 

 I'm back again! Sorry if it's been awhile. Please leave comments as always ^.~

Also if you have time, check out my other two stories: Lost Boys & My Perfect Stranger