Trust [M]

Family Feud


 It had been about two weeks since school started, and in such a short period of time, I was able to make a close friend, that being Ravi. We surprisingly had a lot in common, he was very easy to talk, and thankfully Jongin liked him as well. He liked him so well that the three of us became a tight little trio.  We would stay after school together, go to the movies, hang out at my house, etc. 

Unfortunately, in that same short period of time, Minho and I seemed to drift apart. Not enough to break up obviously, but I hadn't had a chance to hang out with him yet, aside from him sneaking into my house awhile ago. I barely have time to text him during school because he's usually paying attention in his classes. I barely have time to call him after school because he's usually stuck at soccer practice. I thought that I could have time with him on the weekends, but nooo, he also has weekend practices. Since those practices are only in the morning, Minho usually sleeps the rest of the day, and I don't want to disturb him because I know he's tired. 

It seems our only form of communication lately has been 'good morning' and 'good night' texts, or short two-minute conversations. That really worries me. I don't know what's going on through Minho's mind. Does he miss me? Does he think about me everyday like I think about him? I can only hope so. In the mean time, Ravi and Jongin have become great substitutes for him.

We were in my room watching tv when Jongin pulled me out of my thoughts. "Tae, you're staring at your phone again. What's wrong?"

I sighed. "I miss Minho."

"When's the last time you heard from him?"

I thought for awhile before saying, "Around seven in the morning I think?"

Jongin's eyes widened. "Damn, it's 3:00 now! Are you sure he's not dead or something?"

I smacked his shoulder. "He's not dead, . He was just at practice. Around this time, he usually goes home and sleeps for the rest of the day."

"Oh," Jongin said in relief. 

Ravi intervened, "He may not be dead, but are you sure he's not out doing something else?"

"Something like what?"

"Like... I don't know... seeing someone else?"

Both my eyes and Jongin's widened in shock. Jongin mumbled, "Like cheating?"

Ravi nodded. "Think about it. Minho barely texts you, but you don't think too much about it because he has a good excuse, which is his soccer practices. Maybe him being unavailable during the weekday would make sense, but he should at least be able to see you on the weekend."

I shook my head in denial. "Minho would never do that."

"But do you really know that?"

I looked down as thoughts began to rush through my head. Minho cheating wouldn't make sense. He's too loyal for that. He's never once given me doubt about our relationship before. He's really a token boyfriend. 

But was that the problem? Were things too perfect?

To be honest, if it were Jongin bringing this up, I would've shaken it off and dismissed it as him being stupid. However, Ravi's the one that brought it up. He seems to be a logical person. But then again, Minho wouldn't cheat on me, right?

Jongin chuckled to loosen the tense atmosphere. He nudged my shoulder playfully, "Hey. Don't stress too much about it. I'm sure we're just overthinking things."

Ravi commented, "I'm just looking out for you, Taemin. I never want to see you hurt from some stupid he does. Who knows? Maybe he's not cheating on you." He shrugged. "It's just food for thought."

Food for thought indeed. 

Kai perks up and says, "I know what'll cheer you up. Kyungsoo and I are going out today. You should come with us!" 

I deadpanned. "You think third-wheeling is going to make me feel any better about Minho? Really, Jongin?"

He whined, "Oh, come on. It'll be fun. We're going shopping then out to eat."

"How can you shop and eat publicly when you're an idol?"

"Oh, we're going out of town to some rural area. That's where a lot of idols go to shop. It's a very small town, so even if we get recognized, it wouldn't be that bad."

I sighed as I contemplated. "Nah, I'll pass. It sounds like a date to me and I would hate to be the one to crash it."

"But Kyungie didn't say it was a date. So it should be fine if you come."

I groaned. "Jongin, I swear you're so dense sometimes. It's a date. I'm sure Kyungsoo would be very pissed if I showed up."

Jongin deflated. "I see now."

I smiled slightly, "But we can still hang out anytime after that. Just you and I like the good old days."

Ravi exclaimed, "Hey!" causing Jongin and I to burst out laughing. 

Jongin answered, "No offense, of course!"

We continued to play around and talk, but no matter how many times we changed the subject, I couldn't get the topic of Minho out of my mind. At first I was upset, but now it's really starting to piss me off the more that I think about it. 

Like, I get it. He has his soccer obligations on top of school and his senior activities, but he has absolutely no time for me? He can't even spare me thirty minutes of a phone call? No way was I staying quiet about this any longer. I need to talk to him now before my thoughts cause me to do something irrational. 

I interrupted Jongin and Ravi's conversation by asking Jongin, "Hey, when are you leaving to get Kyungsoo."

Jongin pulled out his phone to check the time. "I should probably leave now since I have to drive to the dorms. Why?"

"I need you to drop me off at Minho's house. Like right now."

Ravi looked shocked while Jongin's brows furrowed. "Are you ok? You're not going to do anything crazy are you?"

"Of course not. I just really need to talk to him, and I thought it would be convenient for you to drop me off at his house since you're headed out that way anyway."

Jongin nodded. "Alright. I have no problem taking you."

Ravi commented, "I guess I'll go home too. I have to help my grandma with some things around the house anyway."

We gathered our things and headed downstairs. As I was almost out the door, I got stopped by Daddy's voice. "Taemin, where are you going?"

I paused at the door and turned around to see Daddy and Jonghyun coming out the kitchen. I contemplated lying and saying I was going out with Jongin, but I really didn't want to defy Daddy's trust again. 

I sighed, "Jongin's taking me to Minho's house."

Daddy's brow lifted in confusion. "Minho's house? When were you going to tell me about this?"

"Now, I guess," I said sheepishly. "It's an emergency."

"Are his parents home?"

"I don't know."

"Then you know you can't go. Taemin, you didn't even ask." 

"Please! It's really an emergency and we're wasting time by standing here. Plus, Jongin has a date with Kyungsoo and I'm making him late."

He turned to Jongin and cooed, "Awww. Our Jonginnie has a date." Jongin blushed sheepishly behind me. Daddy continued, "Well you don't have to wait any longer. Go ahead. Taemin's not going."

"Daddy!" I looked at Jonghyun in hopes of him helping me out. 

He seemed to get the hint. "Kibum," he said as he wrapped his arms around his waist, "It seems pretty serious. You can go ahead, Taemin. Just come back before dinner."

"Thank you!" Before I could hear my dad complain, I grabbed onto Jongin and Ravi's arms and rushed out the house. I said goodbye to Ravi and swiftly got into Jongin's car. 

 

"," said Jongin as we merged onto the interstate. 

"What?"

"Kyungsoo's going to kill me."

I sighed. "I'm sorry about making you late."

"It's not your fault. I knew I should've left earlier, but it slipped my mind." His phone buzzed signifying he had a message. "Could you check that for me?"

I looked at his lock screen. "It's from Kyungsoo."

"Is he mad?"

I looked at the message that read 'where the are you???'

"Definitely."

"Crap. Just tell him I'm on the way."

I nodded and sent the message. "You should probably get him some flowers too. Nothing took dramatic, but it'll definitely give you some brownie points."

"Good idea!"

 

A few moments later, we pulled into Minho's driveway. I thanked Jongin and wished him luck on his date. As he drove away, I stood staring at the front door of Minho's house. Now was a weird time for my rationality to start kicking in. 

"Well, I'm here now," I mumbled to myself. 

 I knocked on the front door a couple of times, but there wasn't an answer. I was already agitated, so the longer I waited, the more annoyed I became. I began banging on the door obnoxiously, hoping it would result in Minho opening the door. 

A few moments later, the door swung open revealing Minho's dad. He asked with concern, "Is everything ok?"

I nodded. "Yeah. Sorry for the disturbance."

He smiled warmheartedly. "Oh, its fine. I was just in my office catching up on some things. I'm assuming you're here for Minho." I nodded. "He's upstairs. Come on in, Taemin."

I thanked him as he guided me into the house. He continued speaking, "My wife's coming home later. Will you be staying for dinner?"

"No, sir. My parents told me to be home before dinner."

"Ah, alright then. But next time you need to stay to try my wife's soup. It's incredible!"

I chuckled and headed upstairs to Minho's room. His door was slightly opened causing me to question why he didn't hear me banging on the front door. I quietly opened the door and saw a mop of hair peeking out the covers, it obviously being Minho. I smiled to myself as I walked closer and peeked over the cover the see Minho's sleeping face. All feelings of aggression and annoyance slowly faded away because Minho looked adorable. I began to feel bad for having thoughts of him cheating on me. 

I pulled back his covers and slid in his bed beside him giving him a back hug. Just feeling his muscles and cuddling with him comforted me. This is all I wanted. 

Minho woke up from my movements and slowly turned around to face me. He blinked his eyes a few times and confusedly said , "Taemin?"

I brushed his bangs out of his face as he whispered, "Hey"

Minho rubbed his eyes and stretched, trying to wake himself up as he asked, "What are you doing here?"

"I just came by to check up on you."

"Why? I texted you that I was going to sleep?"

"That was earlier in the day. I missed you."

Minho smiled slightly at my confession. He wrapped his arms around me, bringing me closer to him so we could cuddle. "Let's sleep."

I found that to be so cute and sweet, but I had questions. Even though I don't think he cheated on me, I still was worried about the what ifs. "Did you miss me too?"

"Of course I did. You should already know this, Tae."

I sighed, finally deciding to bring up the topic. "Well you don't act like it."

Minho pulled back to look at me fully. "What are you talking about?"

"It's just I haven't had a full conversation with you in weeks, and I'm beginning to feel like I'm the only one that's affected by this."

Minho brought me to him chest. "How come?"

I continued to vent. "Well it seems like I'm the only one that's been making an effort to see you lately. I try to call you right before practice, but you ignore it and text me saying you'll call me back, but you never do. I try to text you in the mornings, but the only thing I get from you is a good morning and nothing else. I try to text you after your weekend practices, but you sleep all day like a ing sloth and it irritates me!" I huffed and buried deeper into Minho. 

He kissed my forehead and my back. He whispered, "I'm so sorry, Taemin. I truly am. There's not really an excuse for what I do. I made a promise to you that I would see you more, but I've been breaking that promise so much lately. I understand your frustration. It's just I've never had to balance soccer and a relationship before. This is something new to me."

Tears began to well up in my eyes as my thoughts ran wild again. Ravi was right. His soccer practices would be a great coverup if he were to cheat. Is Minho telling the truth or are these just sorry excuses? Should I forgive him or would I look like a fool if he was lying?

I decided to just come out with it. I cut of Minho's rambling by asking, "Are you cheating on me?" Minho stopped talking and immediately pulled me back, surprised to see tears streaming down my eyes. I continued, "Just tell me the truth. You'll hurt me less by telling me now instead of me finding out later."

Minho stuttered, "Taemin...." he seemed dumbfounded that I would ask that question. His stalling only made me cry harder. Why was he taking so long to answer? I mumbled through broken sobs, "Please don't leave me. Please don't leave me like my dad." Minho quickly reacted by pulling me into his chest to shush me. 

"Taemin, I'm not cheating on you. I never have! You mean so much to me, too much to destroy what we have. I would never abandon you like your father did. I don't even know where you could get such an idea."

"I'm sorry. It's just that we don't call or text as much as we used to. My thoughts ran wild and I wondered what it was that you were doing. I don't know-"

"Do you not trust me?"

I sniffed. "I trust you, Minho. It's just.... I don't know."

"Shhh, it's ok. Everything is ok, Taemin." Minho said in a calm and soothing voice, calming me down. "I love you so damn much. I'll admit, I've been a ed up boyfriend lately. The fact that I put soccer first is my own fault."

I shook head, "But you love soccer. It's my fault for misunderstanding-"

"No, I'm the one that needs to learn how to balance the love of my life and my hobby."

I sniffed and smiled weakly. "I'm the love of your life?"

Minho cupped my cheeks and wiped a few of my stray tears. "Of course you are. Though I haven't been in many relationships, I would have to be a fool to not see that what we have is true love. I love you, Tae. I always will."

"I love you too." 

Minho leaned down and gave me a long kiss that we both needed. When he pull away, I could do nothing but apologize. 

"Why are you apologizing?"

"Because I came in here causing a scene. I guess I just have some abandonment issues that I need to take care of."

"Like with your dad?"

"With everyone. I feel like a lot of people have left me for their own reasons. Jongin for exo, daddy for Jonghyun, dad for his new family, now you for soccer. I've forgiven and come to terms with everyone except my dad. I didn't want to lose you to soccer, Minho."

"Taemin, you would never lose me. The only way I would leave is if you told me to, and even then I would put up a fight. But I am curious though."

"About what?"

"What exactly caused you to think about all of this? The last time I saw you, you didn't mention any worries you had about me cheating on you."

"Oh, well I was talking with Jongin and Ravi today-"

"Pause. Ravi?"

I hesitated. "Yeah. I was just saying how upset I was that me and you don't have many chances to talk. He didn't outright say you were 100% cheating. It was just food for thought."

Minho scoffed. "Food for thought. It all makes sense now. Taemin, I know you like Ravi and all, but I really need for you to watch yourself. He's not to be trusted."

I furrowed my brows. "Why? You warned me last time, but he hasn't done anything questionable yet."

"Hasn't done anything questionable? He alluded to me cheating on you, which I'm not. You don't think that's questionable?"

"He was just trying to be a good friend and look out for me. It's understandable, right?"

Minho sighed. I decided to change the conversation because I could see that Minho was getting upset. "Hey, can you drive me home?"

He hugged me closer. "You want to leave me already?"

I shook my head. "No, but I was told to be back home before dinner. Plus, I don't want daddy to get even more pissed at me than he already is."

"Why is he pissed?"

"Because he didn't want me to come over since he didn't know if your parents were home, but I came anyway thanks to Jonghyun."

Minho chuckled. "What a badass. I don't want you to leave me, though. I really did miss you, Taemin. Is it ok if I go to your house for dinner?"

I smiled. "Of course. Though I'm sure your dad would be upset that you'll miss out on your mom's soup."

Minho groaned, "She makes that soup like every night! I'll be alright."

I burst out laughing. "Ok. Let's go."

 

We soon headed to my house after Minho talked to his dad. When we walked in, daddy and Jonghyun were sitting on the couch in the living room waiting for me. 

"I'm back," I said as I entered. "And I brought Minho with me." Minho waved awkwardly. 

Daddy got up and walked towards me with his hand out. "Phone."

"What?"

"Give me your phone."

"Uh, why?"

"As your punishment. I told you that you couldn't go over his house. By the way, hey Minho," he said with a polite smile. 

"But Jonghyun said I could go-"

"And I've already dealt with him for doing that. Now give it to me."

"But Daddy, his dad was home. We weren't home alone."

"Doesn't matter. You didn't know that until you got there. Now stop arguing with me, Taemin. You'll get it back in the morning if you behave. Hand it over."

I smacked my lips and groaned as I dug my phone out of my pocket. "Here you go father dearest," I said with a fake smile. 

"Why thank you so much" he answered with a matching fake smile. "Now Minho, will you be eating dinner with us?"

"Yes, sir."

"Alright. I'll let you guys know when it's ready. And Taemin, leave your door open."

"Yeah, yeah," I said as I grabbed Minho's hand and led him upstairs to my room. 

When we reached my room, I decided to close my room door and lock it, because why the hell not?

"Taemin," said Minho, "Didnt your dad say to leave the door open?"

"To be honest, I don't really care. I'll be fine. He most likely won't come up until dinner is ready anyway. Besides, if the door was open, I wouldn't be able to do this." I tugged him closer to me and kissed him. 

I intended for it to just be a peck, but as always, the kiss progressed into something more. Minho pinned me against the wall and deepen our kiss. I moaned into his mouth as he held me closer, gripping my with one of his hands. He broke our kiss and moved to my neck. 

Before he could get too carried away, I pushed him away and said, "You're going to leave a mark." He chuckled and went back to my lips to kiss me again. 

I slipped my tongue into his mouth and gripped the back of his head to deepen our kiss. I felt him my pants, which dropped to the floor. Thoughts of us having popped into my mind and I became a little hesitant, but I didn't stop him because I was being lead by hormones. 

Minho placed a hand into my underwear and gripped my causing me to jump from excitement. I broke away from our kiss to Minho's pants as well. He pulled them down along with his underwear revealing his erect and leaking . We kissed and again and I began him, he doing the same to me. This caused me to moan uncontrollably into his mouth. It had been so long since I've had anything close to , and this time I wasn't scared. 

Don't get me wrong. I wasn't ready to go all the way either, but I definitely wasn't afraid to be touched by Minho, especially in this moment. 

Minho grabbed both of our and rubbed them against each other. I let out a moan that broke our kiss, causing Minho to have to cover my mouth with his other hand. I continued to whimper and silently moan as Minho picked up speed.  My breath quickened and sweat beaded and my forehead. 

"Ah, Minho," I said through his hand. "I'm about to, ah, I'm about to-" Minho smashed his lips onto mine as I came onto his hand and his . I let out strangled moans into his mouth as I continued to kiss him. Minho's slowed as I rode out my . 

I whispered, "Ah, that was so I good. I really needed that." I pecked his lips softly, feeling slightly weak as my legs shook from the after shock of pleasure. 

"I'm glad I could help." He kissed my forehead and let go of both of our . He began pulling his pants back up, but I stopped him. 

"What about you? You didn't finish."

"It's ok."

"No it's not. Your is still stiff as a rock." I grabbed his cocked and him as I kissed him. It wasn't long before Minho came onto my hand. "There you go," I smiled. 

Minho dropped his head into my shoulder as he rode out his , my hand slowly pumping him. "I love you so much," he whispered. 

I pecked his neck as a response. "Let's get cleaned off." 

 

We took a quick hot shower before daddy could catch onto the fact that we were using the shower. Thankfully, Minho's clothes didn't get ruined, so he put on his clothes as I changed into some new ones. Once we were dressed I unlocked and opened my bedroom door in case my dad randomly paid a visit. Then I went back to my bed to cuddle Minho as we watched tv. 

"That was nice," said Minho. "Who knew you could be so vocal. For a moment, I was afraid your parents would catch us."

I rolled my eyes playfully. "I wasn't that loud. I'm just glad that I finally have you to myself. This is the longest time I've spent with you in awhile."

Minho kissed my hand. "And I still apologize for that. I need to learn how to manage my time wisely."

"But I completely understand why you would be too busy. My main issue is the fact that I barely hear from you all day. All you have to do is respond to my texts and I'll be fine."

"I'll do better, baby. I promise."

I cuddled deeper into him and began to doze off until dinner was ready. 

Thankfully, dinner wasn't as awkward as I thought it was going to be. Though Daddy still obviously had an attitude towards me, everything went smoothly and we all had great conversations. It was so hard saying goodbye to Minho that night, but somehow I knew that he would keep his promise. 

All I could think about that night was the moment Minho and I shared together. It was a step in the right direction of me feeling comfortable with Minho touching me. Maybe one day I'll feel comfortable enough to go all the way. For now, I'm content with what we have. 


 

Hi! I know it's been forever, guys. Bear with me. Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed! Comment what you think. 

Also, I made a new tumblr blog where I plan on posting fics and canons. I give a brief explanation in my first post. Please follow me on there and don't be afraid to interact! ❤️