can i have this dance (ohmmick)

LOVESICK crazy chronicles.....

Mick’s POV

 

December, a cold month. People are busy with picking presents to be given this Christmas. But for us, we are waiting for the year-end dance. A first-of-its-kind event that the student council president had thought, since it will be his last time. And the fact that we don’t have a prom since we in an all-boys school.

 

This is actually a pretty cool idea if you’ll ask me. I mean, I’ve never had a prom and never been to one. The fact that you’ll have the chance to experience an actual dance. Man, the whole school was excited to it. Everybody is allowed to bring a date and it will be so much fun.

 

“So Mick, who’s your date to the dance?” Win asked me which brought me back to reality from my own world of thought. I forgot to tell you that we are actually in the department store picking Win’s attire for the dance.

 

Well, as what I’ve told you, everyone is pretty much excited to the said dance. Win for example, we’ve been looking at tons and tons of formal wear. From long sleeved button down shirt, to tuxedo suits. I still don’t know whether or not he’ll bring a date or not.

 

“Me? I dunno. A lot of people was asking me if I could go with them. But I still don’t know if I’ll bring a date or I’ll go by myself.” I explained to him while looking at the light blue long sleeved polo.

 

“Seriously? Haven’t P’Ohm asked you or something since you two or a thing?” He asks again and this time while grinning at me.

 

I know what he’s talking about and I can’t help myself from blushing whenever I think about the thought of P’Ohm asking me to the dance. But it’s the opposite. My smile slowly faded when I think about it.

 

Sad to say that P’Ohm hasn’t asked me. Not even tried to, you know, drop some hints.

 

Win noticed me and tapped my shoulder and said “Hey, cheer up! If you want let’s go together since I don’t have a date either.” I can feel Win’s sincerity in his voice.

 

Well if I don’t want to go to the dance with someone I don’t know. Well, it wouldn’t be bad if I go with Win right?

 

My smile grew back again which made Win smile.

 

“Thanks Win” I said to him.

 

“No problem Mick, now that it’s been settled. Let’s go back to picking my outfit for the dance. I don’t want to look ridiculous when we go there. Right?” Win joked which made me laugh so hard and forgot about P”Ohm.

 

After a few hours of helping Win to find the perfect outfit. I finally went home and relax on my beloved bed. The dance would be tomorrow. I checked my phone if ever P’Ohm or someone I know asks me to be their date.

 

Nothing…. No one texted. Nor messages from kakao. I was actually looking forward of to see P’Ohm asks me to be his date. I guess he still prefers to be with a girl than to be with me. Even after all the things he said about me. That I was special to him… and all the stuffs about it. Maybe I should stop watching those dramas so uch since they don’t happen in real life. Especially to someone like me.

 

All of a sudden, I haven’t realized that I was actually crying over that thought. Stupid me. “Win would be there Mick! He’s willing to be your date to the dance” I whispered to myself for empowerment.

 

I wiped the tears off my face and proceeds to my nightly routine before going to bed. Then had myself a good night sleep.

 

The noise from the alarm clock woke me up form my sleep. “Ugh! Why did I forgot to turn the alarm!” I grumbled to myself. It’s Saturday! For crying out loud Mick!!!

 

I heard a know on my door. “Mick!” my mom called out.

I opened the door to face my Mom. “Morning Mom!” I greeted my mom while rubbing my eyes.

 

“A mail just arrived and it’s addressed to you.” My mom explained and handed me a white envelope.

 

I took the envelope and examined it. Wow! At a first look, it’s just an ordinary but if you’ll look closely, you will see a more intricate detail about it. My name is written in a very classy way.

 

As much as I wouldn’t like to open it. I opened the envelope and found a card.

 

                             See you in the dance, Mick

 

                                                                   -

This was written on the card. But instead of making me nervous about it, I felt curious on the identity of the sender. “Omega? Omega-man?” I asked myself.

 

“Omega man?” My mom repeated it. Gosh! I totally forgot that my mom was actually listening . Gosh! That was stupid!

 

My face burns red which made my mom grin. Before she stars interrogating me, I went back to my room… “Omega-man”

 

Finally. After what it felt like forever, we arrived at the dance. Everyone is busy and happy. I can see my classmates and other familiar faces. I saw P’Phun, the Student Council Secretary and he seems to be looking for someone. “Maybe he’s looking for P’Noh.” Win whispers to me. It seems like I’m not the only who saw him.

 

P”Phun finally sees us and runs towards where we are standing. I gave him a wai. “Looking for P’Noh P?” I .

 

“Nah, He’s near the stage checking the sound system. I was actually looking for you.” He answered.

 

“Me? Why?” I asked him again.

 

“To give you this. Someone wants to give this to you.” Then he gives me a card. It looked exactly the same as what I had received this morning. But the only thing different is the message.

 

                                                See you inside

                                                          Mick

 

                                                                   -Ω

 

“Who gave you this P?” I asked him again but he just smiled and told us to go inside.

 

Well, a lot of people are dancing inside. This is the only thing I had in my mind. What do you expect in a dance Mick? Duh!

 

Win is now enjoying with Per and his friends from the Music Club. Now I finally know what it felt like to be a wallflower. The music changed into a mellow one…

 

(Can I have this dance – HSM 3 I recommend you should play it while reading this part https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCa8pxUtN1s)

 

Everything seemed to slow down. It felt like time has stopped itself for a moment and in the crowd emerges a boy with a buzz cut hair cut smiling towards me. It took me some time to recognize the man due to the light.

 

He stopped in front of me and beamed his signature dopey smile. Wow! He looks so cool with his suit and a buttoned down long sleeves. The first button is ed which made him look cooler.

 

He then gave me a card. An identical card given to me by P’Phun. But it has nothing on it except for an omega sign. Wait, omega?

 

“You’re omega man?” I asked him.

 

He just laughs and said “Can I have this dance?” while extending his arm.

 

Well, who am I to say no! this is a one in a life time opportunity.

 

I just enjoyed our slow dancing…

 

“Are you the omega-man? The one that’s been giving me the card since this morning?” I asked him again.

 

“According to Phun, it’s also Ohm. The unit for resistance and the symbol is omega. I also don’t get it but I think it’s cool” he explained.

 

He’s right! I should’ve thought about it! It’s Ohm. Duh! Where the hell did I get Omega-man?

 

“So…. I….. I thought you don’t want to be with me?” I vented out.

 

“Huh? Who told you that?” He asks me.

 

“You seemed distant these fast few days.” I explained.

 

“Hey…. I am the vice president of the music club. I helped around setting this thing up. If you want someone to blame, then blame that good-for-noting music club president and his ever so cheesy husband!” P’Ohm tried to explain…. In th corner of my eyes, I can see P’Noh and P’Phun dancing too. So is Per and Win but Win is snatched by Mark.

 

“Uhm… I’m sorry if I haven’t had time with you lately. I’ll make it up next time. I promise!” He added.

 

I put my head on his shoulder and said… “Nah..I understand…. Let’s just enjoy this moment…”

 

The night was magical and the rest…… is a secret. ;)

 

 

 

 

Author's Note:

I'm really sorry if I haven't updated for a very long time. Some things happened and you know it strucke me up big time...

 

but im now back to action!! 

let me know what i should do next!

 

 

im thingking of doind another story but i dont know... heheh

 

 

anyways...  love ya all!!

 

 

 

Love love

 

-Rj

 

now signing off

 

 

peace!!!!

 

 

:)