Chapter 9- Some Questions, Some Answers

Something Kinda Crazy

MOST RECENT AUTHOR'S NOTE: 

Hello Everyone! I am so sorry for not updating in the past months...this semester was really rough, however, I won't use that as an excuse because I know how it feels to read your favorite story and then finding out they're not updating. Not that this is someone's favorite story, but still. And this chapter is SUPER LONG, I'm sorry, I just didn't know how to break it up T-T. Also, the red author's note is the draft author's note I made when I was working on this chapter...it's still relevant (except for the Thursday lol) so please read it if you want. And I want to say THANK YOU THANK YOU for over 1000 views! That is crazy! Thank you for checking it out, even if you didn't want to read! I will really try to update at least twice a month, if not more for you guys. 

 

A/N: Hello! Fun fact: My favorite characters to write for are Onew, Yeri and Seulgi. Although we don't know much about him (right now), Jinki is a complicated character (at least to me). Hopefully you will see soon. :) The little details (and some bigger ones) reveal his personatily: I love it. Yeri is just adorable and Seulgi's personal issues are interesting to me. So, this is Thursday, the day before the night of the sleepover (hope that isn't confusing lol). Kind of a filler chapter, kinda not. I try to make every chapter important in some way. Anyway, I hope you enjoy it!

 

 

Music: Krystal and Jessica- Butterfly (To the Beautiful You OST)

 

Irene, Joy and Yeri were skipping down the hall, arms linked. "Mmm, Yeri-ah, aren't you excited? Tomorrow is the sleepover!" Irene smiled at the maknae. "Neh Unnie!" Yeri chirped. "You aren't a Red Velvet girl until you've been to Irene's sleepover" Joy commented. "Mmm" Yeri nodded at her cousin. "Ah, I remember when I first went to her sleepover last year, I was so nervous...I was just a Freshman like you Yeri-ah..." Joy looks off dreamily into space. "Neh, I also remembering Onew giving Jonghyun a key to my backdoor and filming him scaring us while we slept!" Irene added, laughing. "Mwo? That happened?" Yeri's mouth opened in surprise as she turned to Joy."Neh, that namja was/is michi!" Joy laughed, shaking her head. "Speaking of that namja" Irene spoke "I heard he ran away from you at the college fair yesterday." Joy bit her lip. Jonghyun had freaked out as soon as some girl walked up to the representative. She had asked him about it on the phone last night. He said he was fine, but that was hardly believable. When she pressed for more, he suddenly had to go, saying he had to get some study guide answers from Chanyeol- that he didn't want to fail the test. Jonghyun barely studied. And although she wasn't friends with him, she was pretty sure that Chanyeol wasn't the type of person to have the answers for a study guide...the boy probably didn't even know what one was. Joy wanted to believe him, but a small portion of her didn't. She tried to shake away any negative thoughts as she turned back to Irene. "Neh, he forgot to turn in his paper for psychology, so he had to go to his locker and give it to his teacher before the next period." "Oh, arasso." Joy hated lying, especially when she didn't even know the truth herself. "Anyway" she clapped, changing the subject. "Miss Senior, what college have you picked? I know you must've picked one after the fair" Joy nudged her friend. "Neh, are you and Onew oppa going to the same university?" Yeri pitched in. Now it was Irene's turn to get uncomfortable. "Uhm, I have to go" she let go of the girl's arms and disappeared in the opposite direction down the hall. "Where did she go so quickly?" Yeri frowned as she turned around and stretched her neck, trying to spot Irene among the other students. She didn't realize she was still walking foward. She bumped into a student and also spilled her open bottle of water on him. 'Omo, mianheyo-" her face went pale when she looked up at him.

Minho. To say he was livid would be an understatement. He had the look of pure rage in his eyes, although the rest of his demeanor seemed to be rather calm. Joy stopped when she saw the water on Minho's shirt and pants. "Omo, what happened?" Minho just glared at Yeri before storming off, pushing past Joy. "Yah...Chincha rude. I don't know what's into him lately..." the sophomore scratched her head and frowned. Yeri slowly picked up the bottle and threw it in a nearby trashcan. She looked back in his direction. "He really hates me now" she muttered, walking away. "Mwo? Hate you?" Joy asked, confused. "Waeyo? Wait, Yeri!" She tried to call, but like Irene, her little cousin was lost in the crowd of students.

 

 

 

 

Jonghyun groaned in front of his locker. He fumbled with the lock, trying to open it. For some reason, he'd forgotten the combination. There was a 90% chance he'd forgotten it because he was still freaking out from yesterday. He lightly banged his head against the locker. He just bailed. No reason, no excuse, he just ran. And he felt even worse before practically lying to her on the phone last night. He didn't know what to tell her. "Oh, Joy, the reason I fled was because my ex-girlfriend was there- oh, by the way, she wants me back!" he couldn't say that. Maybe if he just avoided her, this would just go away. When he saw a blonde girl walk up next to his locker, all his hope washed away. "Krystal, what are you doing here?" he quietly hissed, trying not to draw attention. "How conveinent that there was a locker vacancy next to yours, hmm?" Her long hair was covering her face again but he was almost certain a smirk was hiding under on her face. "Aish, chincha?" he groaned to himself. Her body turned 10 degrees towards him. "Your girlfriend..." he stiffened. "...is her name Joy?" His eyes flashed angrily at her. "She's cute." "Stay away from her, Krystal" Jonghyun instinctively takes a defensive step foward. "Oh don't worry...it's not her I want" she smirks and checks her watch. "I gotta go..we'll talk later, Jongie" she pats his shoulder with feather-light fingers as she breezes down the hall.

 

 

 

Seulgi's normal "resting face" transformed into a happy one as she saw Taemin by his locker. She exhaled happily; no matter what was happening or what mood she was in, Taemin and his presence never failed to make her smile again. She tiptoed up to him, wrapping her slender arms around his upper half. "Annyeong, Tae" she rested her head on his shoulders. Taemin jumped a bit. "Oh...hi Seulgi-ah" he said. Seulgi frowned a bit- he was probably still wondering why she suddenly caught at attitude at the college fair yesterday. She sighed before removing herself from him. "Look Taemin" she turned him around, trying to meet his eyes. He was putting things in his satchel. "Taemin." Her hand clasped on his shoulders, shaking him a bit. "Neh?" he finally looked up, his eyes a bit sad. "Look, I'm sorry for yesterday..." she trailed off, his cheek with her free hand. He gently grabbed her hands, covering them with his warmth. "Seulgi-ah, you know if there's something wrong, you can tell me" the usually playful boy's eyes were serious. "Neh" she gulped. Could she really? He noticed her demeanor. "Tell me, Seulgi-ah. What's the problem?" A few seconds fell in between his question. "Uh, I.."

As soon as she considered telling him, she sees Hani walking down the hall in their direction. The school was huge (over 1500 students) and yet, she always seemed to be running into her. Her eyes were larger than life as she broke free from his grip. "Seulgi?" a worried look washed across his soft features. Seulgi knew what the problem was: Hani. She thought she had gotten rid of the problem two years ago, but apparently not. "Seulgi?!" Her eyes were glued to the evil figure strolling closer. After he tried to grab her hand again, she flinched away. "Seulgi...what's wrong?" Yep, Hani was definitely her problem. And what does Seulgi do about her problems? She runs from them. And that's exactly what she did. She swiveled around and took flight, sprinting around and took flight, sprinting around the next hall, leaving the confused and worried dancer alone.

 

 

 

Key and Woohyun are hunched over in laughter at the mini-comic show Dongwoo was putting on. The jokes were really lame, but they were somehow really funny. Key's face was redder than his crimson sneakers he was laughing so hard and Woohyun had a hand placed on Key's shoulder to support him standing. "Yah, Dongwoo" Woohyun was finally able to stand on his own "Instead of trying to persue rapping, you should consider being a comedian" he teased. Key's face scrunched up and he let out a snicker. "Whatever" Dongwoo rolled his eyes. "I have another joke for you" he smiled. "Aigoo, what now?" the two boys groaned playfully. "How do you make an eggroll?" Key looked up into the air, actually trying to think of a response before giving up. "Aish, I don't know" Woohyujn scratched his head. "What is it?" they both asked.

From the corner of his eye, Dongwoo sees LE skipping down the hall beside another boy. She had a glowing smile on her face and her outfit was so innocent and cute- the exact opposite of her personality. "Wow...she's just...areumdawo" he almost whispered, his gaze fixed on her. "Neh?" Woohyun frowned. "Yah, Earth to Dong?!" Key waved his pale fingers in front of Dongwoo's face. "Yah, what are you staring at... Oh arasso, I see" Woohyun smiled a bit. "Hmm?" the lovestruck boy finally was free from his trance. "You like LE, don't you?" Woohyun tilted his head down and gave him a knowing look, challeging the boy to deny it and lie. "Neh? Yeah, I do" he blushed a bit. "That yeoja's michi...a ticking time bomb" he chuckled, thinking of her gift of a slap she gave him on Monday "But there's something about her...Aish she's so out of my league though...being in Xfinite and all..." he trailed off. "I know how you feel" Key patted Dongwoo's shoulder sympathetically. "Neh?" Woohyun perked up. "Key...what do you mean?" "Ani, it's nothing" he waved it off. "Ka Ja, we're going to be late for Trig III." "Oh no, I hate being late for math" Dongwoo muttered sarcastically. They began walking. "Wait, guys...Dong, you didn't ever tell us the answer to the joke!"* he yelled, trying to catch up.

 

 *if you want to know the answer to the joke: How do you make an eggroll? - You push it (haha, lame, I know)

 

"Kaaaaaa Jaaaaaa" LE whined and pulled Suho's arm as they glided through the crowds of students. "Suhoooo" she pouted. Suho sighed angrily. "You know your aegyo doesn't work on me, Lea." "Yah! I said don't call me that! Only Lay oppa can... and I still don't like it..." she mumbled. "And what's the rush anyway? It's just music class." "Yes, but today is important- we have that quiz, remember? Plus Mr. Kim's going to tell us more about the school talent show" she added. "We need to know the date so we can sign up." "Ha!" he scoffed. "Mwo?" "I'm not signing up to be in a talent show, Lea." "Wae?!" her brown eyes enlarged in shock. "You have an amazing voice, Suho-ah." "And you have an immense talent for rapping, Lea-ah" he enunciated, causing a hint of red to rise to her cheeks. "Plus, you can always rap with that Dongwoo dude...I heard he's a good rapper." he smirked. "Yah! Suho!" she swatted his arm, causing him to laugh. For a second,  turned into an "O". She realized this was the first time in a while that she heard him laugh, make that joyful sound. Suho was always reserved, but it seemed he tended to loosen up a bit around her...she inwardly smiled, trying not to let her mind/dreams wander too far...it was probably nothing.

As her mind focused back to reality, she heard a faint voice in the crowd of students. It was calling Suho's name. Suho! Suho-ah! Suho! "Yah, Suho, someone's calling you" she tugged on his jean shirt. "Neh? Eodi?" he looked around. "I think somewhere back there..." she pointed aimlessly into the flock of teenagers behind them. Little did she know, she was pointing right at Kai. Suho's eyes grew huge. LE frowned at him. "Mwo?" "Uhm, I'll catch up to you in class, arasso? Save a seat for me?" he quickly said before swiftly walking away. "Mwarago?!" she looked behind in the crowd, but didn't see anyone familiar.

 

 

 

It was 12:00 pm on the dot and Jonghyun was already in the lunchline. He was grateful- the lines were always long, full of hungry students. Usually he would have gotten in line by 12:20- he would be stopped/"delayed" due to picking up girls' numbers and tugging at their heartstrings...but now that he was dating Joy, he was always on time...

Argh, Joy. He felt so bad by running out on her yesterday...and he didn't even explain himself. 

Maybe a date would make up for it.

To: My Joy

   - Hey Love, do you want to grab dinner at your favorite spot tonight? xx

From: My Joy

   - Hey Jongie....I was just thinking about you. Sure xx

To: My Joy

   - Will 7:30 work?

From: My Joy

   - Sure, Saranghae! <3

To: My Joy

   - Saranghae :)

He finally got his food and found his table with the boys. He was surprised to find only Minho there. "Yah, where is everyone?" he inquired, scrunching his face. Minho just stared ahead, munching. "Yah, I asked you a question!" he lightly nudged his friend. "Key is making up a quiz he missed, Onew is with the school's student ambassador committee giving tours to parents, and Taemin is working on a project he forgot was due today in the library." "Oh..." Jonghyun didn't know what to say to that. Honestly, he wishes the other guys were here...lately only having Minho around was such a downer. As he was slurping his soup, he noticed Minho's still drenched shirt. "Omo, what happened?" he pointed at the wet material. Minho just clenched his teeth, glaring ahead. Jonghyun followed his gaze- he was glaring at the girls' (Red Velvet) table. All the girls were there except Seulgi- Irene was texting, Wendy was stirring something and his Joy and Yeri were laughing. He saw Minho ball his fist in anger. Jonghyun put two-and-two together. "Omo, please don't tell me Yeri spilled that on you!" A huff sounded from Minho. "Well you know, it was probably a mistake." Jonghyun frowned. "I mean look at her- Yeri is so adorable and pretty, just like Joy...who could be mad at a cute face like tha-"

Jonghyun was cut off by Minho slamming his cup on the tray and getting up, exiting the cafeteria. 

 

 

 

 

Joy noticed Minho storming out of the cafeteria. She shook her head in shame. "I don't know what has gotten into him...he needs a chill pill, chincha" she muttered. Yeri frowned and held her head low "Ani, it's not your fault he's so angry, Yeri-ah" Joy reassured. "Yah" she tilted her cousin's chin up with her finger. "The water thing was an accident, arasso?" "Neh" Yeri nodded. Joy smiled and then proceeded to tickle her. "Yah! Ah!" the 14 year old freshman cried out, laughing. "Wae!!! Ah, stop!!!" "I want my cousin smiling at all times, arachi?" Joy joked, sounding like her Eomma while continuing to torture her. "Arasso Arasso" Yeri gave in. "Chincha...it's like we have two maknaes....You girls always play so much" Wendy commented. "Yah, it's better than being on your tablet and phone like you and Irene unnie!" Joy retorted. "Yah, I'm practicing something!" Wendy said. "Practicing what, Unnie?" Yeri asked. "I'm practicing memorizing this song" Wendy smiled to herself. "Why are you practicing a song?" Joy asked. "Well..." Wendy's smile grew as she placed her tablet on the table. "I was thinking about signing up for the talent show." "CHINCHA!!!??" Both girls squealed. "That's so cool Unnie!" Yeri said. "Yeah, Wendy can really sing" Joy said "And so can Irene too." At this, Irene looked up. "Irene Unnie, will you join the talent show too?" Yeri asked.

There were a couple moments of silence.

"You know what, I think I will." Irene smiled.

"YAYYY!" the two maknaes screamed. "Our unnies are gonna rock that talent shooooowww!" they sing-songed and danced in their seats, making their Unnie laugh. They didn't notice Wendy clenching her jaw, trying to hide her scowl.

 

 

 

 

 

Seulgi grunted as she breezed down the hall. She had to turn in a conduct slip to the office. So, she was 2 mintues late to class...she couldn't find her favorite gloss to apply! She spent 5 minutes in the bathroom searching for it. What did her teacher expect her to do? Show up to class with non-glossed lips? Absurdity! So she may have said something sassy to the teacher, but it's not like it was a big deal. Now, she had to trek her way to the office and skip out on lunch with the girls- she heard that today the cafeteria was making the good noodles (not that she needed them) and she really wanted some. 

As she is another minute from the main office door, a tall girl with heels turns the corner and is walking right in her path. It takes a split second for Seulgi to realize that is was Hani. Seulgi's eyes bulged. What was she going to do? She had to turn this in, plus by the look of Hani's face/smirk, she had already seen her. Although it was kind of too late to turn around, she tried to do just that. But before she could begin her escape, she felt a dainty but deadly hand on her shoulder. At this moment, she desperately wished she hadn't sassed that teacher. 

"Ah Ah Ah, not so fast Kang Seulgi." Hani sing-songed. Seulgi tensed under the touch. She swiveled around, forcefully shaking her hand off. "What do you want, Hani?" she forced through clenched teeth. "Oooh, someone's fiesty" Hani teased, making a cat claw with her nails. As usual, Hani began her deadly falcon circle. It was a way for her to examine her prey and pick them apart. "Oh, mwo ye yo?" she snatched the paper from her hands. "Yah!!!" Seulgi screeched, trying to retrieve it. "A conduct slip?" Aigoo, little fat Seulgi's been acting up...What's wrong, are you lashing out because your waistline's growing?" Seulgi glared at her, her face getting red with anger and embarrassment. "I told you what to do in middle school" she made a vomiting gesture with her hands. Seulgi couldn't take it anymore. "I said give me my paper!!" She lunged foward, trying to grab it, but Hani swiftly stepped back and ripped it in a split second. Seulgi's face grew pale. How could she do that?! Now she would be in even more trouble! "Aggression gets you no where, Seulgi" Hani semi-laughed, about to walk off. "" Seulgi muttered. "Mwarago?" Hani's claws grabbed at Seulgi's throat, slamming her to the wall. She couldn't breathe under the grip. "You're right, I am a , and this will make your life a living hell, too. I'm going to teach you your place...you've obviously forgotten" she leered, gripping tighter. She got so close to Seulgi, their noses were touching. Seulgi could smell her sickenly sweet perfume and could see the fire in her eyes. So everyone will know how sad and pathetic Seulgi is" she spat. "You better tread carefully...don't dig a deeper hole for yourself." She let go, leaving a shocked and shaking Seulgi standing there on the verge of tears.

 

 

 

 

Minho is aimlessly waking down the hallways, This is his free/lunch period, so there was nothing to do. And he definitely wasn't showing up to Chemistry III class 30 minutes early. He was about to head outside when he heard his name being called. He turned around to see it was Solji running up to him. He couldn't help but smile. She looked adorable as always. 

"Hey, are you hungry?" She asked. "I wanted to take a quick trip to the vending machines and get something sweet- so tired of lunch food! Wanna come?" she smiled sweetly, gripping his arm. Minho just realized that he was so mad, he hardly touched his plate at lunch- so he still had an appetite. "Sure, why not?" he smiled back, walking down the hall with her. 

 

 

 

 

3:15 pm

Yeri exhales in relief after she leaves her last class. It was her first exam today and she was really worried about it...hopefully she did well. She exhaled again, ready to put away her books in her locker and head home for a much needed nap...

"Aigoo, has my Minho been working out?" Solji coos rather loudly, lightly squeezing his jacket-clad arm. Minho smiled and let out a small chuckle. "Well, I haven't lifted in a week or so..." "Aigoo, it doesn't matter oppa, work out more for me, arasso?" she flirtatiously batted her lashes, causing him to blush. "Neh" he replied. Yeri watched them walk off down the hall and out the building. 

Oh, so that's why he was being so mean to me! He has a girlfriend....a pretty one too...Aish he probably thought I was trying to flirt with him! I wasn't though...although he is kinda attractive...aish, stop it! 

Yeri scratches her hair, frowning to herself. As she closes her locker, a familiar boy with gray hair appears by her side. 

"Annyeong, Yeri."

"Aigoo, Chanyeol" she blushes at the smiling boy. "You almost scared me." "Mianhe Yeri-ah" Chanyeol rests a hand on her shoulder, causing the shade of red on her cheeks to deepen. "What are you about to do right now?" "Well, nothing..Wae?" "How about we go out for smoothies, neh?" he invites. 'Mwo?" Yeri's eyes largen. "You mean, like a date?" Chanyeol laughs at her question. "Ani...more like a frate." "A frate?" "Yeah" he laughts some more. "Like a friend date." "Oh, Arasso." Yeri smiles, finally understanding. "Sure, I'll meet you in an hour?" "Well, I..." Chanyeol scratches his silver-dyed strands. "I was hoping we could go right now?" He smiles sheepishly. "Oh, sure then!' Yeri smiles. "Ka Ja." 

 

 

 

He impatiently taps his foot as he waits. The view from here is beautiful, he can see almost all of Seoul. As the minutes tick by, he begins to regret even coming up here. 

"Aish!" Jonghyun grumbles, picking up his bag. "Forget it" he mumbles, about to leave. 

"I didn't think you would wait for me" Krystal spoke from the other side of the roof. She sauntered over, a slight smirk on her face. "I can see that I still have you wrapped around my finger" she smiled taking her finger and twirling it around a lock of his hair. "I am dating Joy...I belong to her...that's it" he spat, pushing her away. "Oh, we both know that she's just a plaything." Jonghyun's jaw clenched. "What is she, Jonghyun?" Krystal's eyes were glaring, but her lips were curved upwards. "Is she a way to convince your parents that their Jongie has finally settled down and became a good boy? Or was Joy a ticket to looking good for prospective colleges?" "She is my girlfriend who I love, not something to play around with, Krystal" he grumbled, although his words were strong. "Ha, you're funny, Jongie" Krystal's laugh was genuine, her truly not believing a thing he said. "She was just something to experiment with....and by the way, your experriment should be over with, neh?" She teasingly and curiously arched a brow at him. His eyes became slits, knowing exactly what she meant. "Hmmm that must've been dissapointing...." she fakes a pout and looks off into the air dramatically. Jonghyun walks over to her, jabbing a finger in her face. "Don't you dare talk about Joy like that!!!" he warned, his usually tan face painted red with anger. "Forget it, Krystal. Whatever you wanted to talk about, I'm not hearing it. You lost your chance when you dissappeared a year ago." She watched him storm off, but she heard the underlying hurt in his words. "Gwenchana, Kim Jonghyun!" she called out. "You'll come back running to me soon, begging on your hands and knees!"

 

 

After school- At Smoothie King

Music: Ariana Grande- Baby I

"Annyeonghaseyo, Welcome to Smoothie King...what can I get for you two?"

Chanyeol stepped closer to the counter, slyly winking at the lady worker, making her blush (going unoticed by Yeri). Even with a girl by his side, Chanyeol couldn't turn off his player charms.

"I'll take an iced orange mango juice...what would you like, Yeri-ah?"

"Mmm...I don't know. I havent' been here in a while..." she furrows her brows in concentration and squints her eyes at the menu above. 

"Well, do you know what I suggest?"

"Mwo?" 

"The strawberry banana smoothie...it's a classic. But do you know why I suggested it for you?"

"Wae?"

"Because it's sweet and bright, just like you" he squeezes her cheeks lightly, making her giggle. 

"Arasso, I'll take that one then."

"Arasso, that will be 6,000 won, juseyo."

Yeri began searching through her bag for some bills, but felt a hand on hers, stopping it.

"Gwenchana, I got it" she looked up to see him smiling and looking into her eyes.

"Chincha?....Komawo, Chanyeol-sshi" she nervously tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and smiled. 

He bowed to the cashier and gave the Freshman girl her beverage. He turned his body in the direction of the seating/dining area. 

"After you, Yeri-yeppeo."

 

 

Hey guys, if there are any typos, I will try to fix them soon. I hope you guys liked it....stay tuned for the next chapter!!! :)