Chapter 10- Past Meets Present II

Something Kinda Crazy

Hey guys! I’m back. Sorry for the two-week delay. I was adjusting to my new job (it’s very time consuming) and just trying to get in the groove of writing again. I apologize for the chapter for being so long, but I hope it makes up for the absence. Thank you to all the people subscribed and following the story. I appreciate it. Next chapter will be the sleepover chapter! I’m so happy. It’s going to be a fun chapter but there will be some serious things happening (you’ll see once you read this chapter). I don’t have a song for each section like usual, but on the next chapter there will be more! Again, thanks for not giving up on my story and I hope you enjoy.

-Chels

 

 

7:30pm (Same evening)

“Yah!” Wendy shrieked, grabbing at the chopsticks. “Save some for me!”

Key rolls his eyes at his friend. “Yah, calm down… I didn’t take all of it” he mutters as he hands her the eating utensils.

“YAH! Kim Kibum!!” she boomed. “You did if you take 3/4TH of the stir-fry and put it on your plate!” She slammed her fist on the 3 legged table, gaining some glares and hushed whispers in the tent.

“Quiet down, or we’ll be kicked out!” Key whispers angrily, although Wendy’s outbursts always make him smile. “You shoulda just came over my house if you were going to act like this” he stated. He was just riling her up now.

“ALL YOU HAVE IS INSTANT RAMEN AND PIZZA ROLLS AT YOUR HOME KIBUM!!!” she boomed again, now landing two fists on the table.

He was half-amused by her outburst and half-embarrassed by her exposing the contents of his kitchen.

“Whatever” Wendy picked up the remaining food from the bowl and set it on her plate.

“I heard from a little birdy that someone’s decided to join the talent show” Key arched a brow, smiling.

“Neh, Ma ja yo” she munched on her veggies. “But guess who else decided to sign up right after I announced it?”

“Hmmm” Key pondered for a while. “Wait, please don’t tell me…it it…chincha?”

She nodded her head. “Yep. It’s like I love Irene, she’s my unnie you know but she always has to steal the spotlight! Aish!” Her elbows hit the table as she slumps in her seat, feeling defeated.

“Yah…gwenchana” Key spoke, mouth full of rice. You can sing way better than her, ya know? Don’t worry, she’s no competition talent wise” he encouraged.

“Yeah, talent wise she’s no…but popularity wise…who wouldn’t vote for the model student, Irene?” Wendy spoke, huffing.

There were a few minutes of awkward silence, save for glasses clinking and the munching of food.

“Yah, you never told me why you were absent, like really absent” Wendy started.

Key froze. He didn’t expect her to bring that up. Although they were back to being friends, he should’ve known that Wendy wouldn’t let this go. What should he say? He thought back on that day so he can quickly figure out how to manipulate the truth…

                                                                                             [Flashback]

“Kibum.” Kyungsoo spoke through the phone. “Yah, mwarago?” Key silently groaned through the receiver. Although he was sleepy, he didn’t like the fact that the 5’8 boy couldn’t use his nickname.

“They’re here.”

All the drowsiness and anger was immediately replaced with excitement and apprehension. “Chincha? Arasso, wait, wait…. I’ll be there in like 5 minutes.”

“I’ll be waiting.”

 

Key slipped on a shirt and slacks (he didn’t even know if they were clean) and attempted to smooth his grown-out blonde hair. Skipping his full-on face routine, he resigned to just wiping his face with a wet cloth. He grabbed his phone, keys, and jacket before racing out the door.

For a late summer Friday, it was rather chilly out. Key inwardly thanked himself for bringing a jacket.

He crossed the street the street to the park, where he saw the shorter boy waiting.

“I made it.”

Kyungsoo didn’t say anything, he just stared on at the group of people a couple meters away.

Key followed his gaze. He saw the members of the school’s outcasts, Xfinite, hanging out by the neighborhood’s playground.

After eyeing the group for a second, he spotted the person he was missing school for. “Omo, it’s Lay” he whispered to himself.

“I’m surprised you actually missed school for this.” Kyungsoo muttered. Key glanced at him for a second. The boy was always cold and monotone, but he swore he heard a hint of scoff or amusement in the words.

“Yahhh!! Lay Oppaaaaa!!” LE whined. Lay grabbed a phone from her hand, his teeth clenched. “Oppa…wae? It’s just Eomma! Why can’t we just talk to her?”

“The day she feels vengeance for them is the day we will forgive her” he spat.

“Wae…that’s so unfair!” she grumbled, reaching for her phone. “Chebal…Wha…Yahhh!!!” she shrieked in horror as he chucked the device across the small park, it landing with a sharp THUD!

“Mwarago!!” she yelled, running to retrieve it. It landed just a few inches from Kyungsoo’s feet.

“Here you go” he handed the broken device to the girl.

“Kasahamnida.”

“Yah, why did you chase after it?” Lay jogged up, glaring at this younger sister. He was about to turn and leave until he noticed Kyungsoo. “Yah Kyungsoo, is that you?”

“Neh…Annyeong Lay.”

Key started to feel like he was going to pass out. “Who’s this?” Lay arched his brow, turning his gaze to Key. “A new customer?”

“Ani..” the smaller boy replied quickly. “He’s just a friend.” “Mwo? Customer?” Key asked, but Lay fortunately didn’t hear his question. He felt a small grip of Kyungsoo’s hand on this forearm, a frenzied grab.

“So, introduce yourself.” Lay looked back at him.

“Annyeong, Key imnnida.” Lay stared at him for a bit. “Hmmm Key, I feel like I know you from somewhere…” Key froze. If Lay recognized him, it would be bad. As a SHINee member, he was outnumbered right now.

“I uhm..I like your jacket. Is that True Religion?” Key asked, trying to avoid his gaze.

“Oh, yeah, it is. You have good taste, Key.” Lay didn’t smile; his eyes just softened slightly. Suho spoke as he walked up, making the leader turn around. They nodded at each other.

“Well” Lay clapped, making Key jump slightly. “We’ve got to get going. Was nice meeting you Key…any friend of Kyungsoo’s is a friend of mine.” He offered his hand to shake; Key hesitantly brought his forward. When their hands met, Lay’s broad hand covered Key’s completely. He could feel the hard veins and the slight calloused parts on the palm.

He can’t find out who I am Key thought as he let go.

“We’ll keep in touch, Kyungsoo?”

“Neh.”

“See ya.”

The group disappeared down the street. Kyungsoo hopped up and started walking the opposite way. “Omo, I can’t believe I got a chance to speak to him” Key gushed.

“Yeah, and you barely said anything” the shorter boy scoffed.

“Kyung, he can’t find out who I am…I was scared…”

“Yah, whatever. You knew the risk when you met me here.” The boy snapped               

“But..”

“You should be grateful that you even had a chance to talk to him. I never got a chance to talk to the boy before he disappeared.”

“Kyungsoo…”

“Forget it. Enjoy your Friday, Kibum” the teen spoke, walking away.

                                                                                        [Flasback Ends]

 

“Well, I may have went to an audition…” Key quietly said.

“Neh? An audition? Did you say ‘audition???’” Wendy squealed. “For who? For what??” She grabbed his arm, vigorously shaking him. “Tell me!!!!”

“Arasso, arasso…I auditioned for K Idol Live” he said cooly.

“KYAAAAAAAAAAA! OMO!” Wendy screamed, causing patrons to stare even more. “Omo, where was it??? Did you meet Park Kyungmin? Is he that good looking in person?”

“Eh, he’s alright.” Key smiled, wanting to laugh at her excitement.

“So, did you make it through?”

Key paused, trying to think of something.

“Uh yeah I just have to try out again and then I could possibly be on the show.”

“OMO! Chincha??!!” She squealed even louder. “I’m so happy for you!!” “Komawo.”

“Ah, my chingu Key…a superstar!!!!” Wendy looked dreamily into the air.

“Ani…not yet” Key teased, laughing and feeling relieved.

“Omo, I have to go to your next audition…I need to see Park Kyunmin in the flesh!”

“Uh..sure I’ll let you know when it is.”

“Oh, you don’t know already?”

“Ani, the production team will contact me.”

“Aigoo, such a celebrity” Wendy dramatically said. She sighed. “Ah, I wish I knew about it….” She trailed off.

“Yeah.” Was all Key could say. Guilt started slowly seeping into the crevices of his conscious. He could see the longing in her eyes.

“Do you remember a couple of years ago, I would go over your house and we would marathon “K Idol Live?” Wendy reminisced. “And now my friend’s going to be on it!” she clapped.

“Hey, slow down, I’m not on the show yet.”

“Whatever. You have so much talent it would be impossible for them not to pick you.” Wendy rolled her eyes.

Key bit his lip. She was right.

“Well, it’s getting late.” Wendy spoke. “I’ll go pay.”

“Wait, I can pay for myself.” Key started.

“Ani, when you become a rich idol I want you to remember me and buy me nice food, arasso?”

“Arasso” Key laughed, shaking his head at his crazy friend.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

With Irene and Seulgi- Lotte Mall

“Omo! Look at this!” Seulgi beckoned to Irene, holding up a pink satin lingerie dress. “Aigoo- yeppeundaaaa” she whined. The tag on the dress waved, showing the price- 80,000 won. Irene rolled her eyes.

“Chincha Seulgi…it’s just a sleepover, not a hot date with Taemin” she laughed. “Yah…” Seulgi frowned, hitting her with the garment.

“I’m serious” Irene started “Do you really need a new outfit? I’m sure you have plenty of pajamas for…”

“Never!” Seulgi shivered in horror. “You know I wouldn’t be caught dead in pajamas” she shuddered “to your sleepover, unnie!”

“I really don’t care…”

“Oh look!” Seulgi held up a red sleepover set. “This would look perfect on you.”

“Ani, gwenchana.”

They moved from the lingerie section to the regular section.

“Aigoo why are all these clothes so cute??” Seulgi sighed, picking up 6 tops in the same color. Irene laughed at the amount of clothes that was in Seulgi’s hands and arms. “Do you really need all six?” “Ani I just need to see which one best compliments my hair color.” She smiled.

Irene’s phone rings.

“I’m going to go try these on” Seulgi gestured to the mound of clothes in her arms. “Wait for me here.”

As Seulgi leaves, she looks at the caller ID:

이 진기

She smiles and answers. “Yoboseyo?”

“Irene-ah” Onew speaks.

“Neh?” she giggles. “What’s up?”

“What are you doing Saturday evening?”

“Oh me? I’m just with Seulgi in the mall. We’re shopping for…”

“Ani, Saturday.”

“Ah. Wae?”

“My parents want you to come over. Dr. Gyeon is coming over with a few deans from the university.”

“Um Onew, I don’t know about that…”

“My parents won’t take no for an answer.”

Irene inwardly sighed. Having dinner with the deans will only seal the deal even more. But she didn’t want to disappoint his parents.

“Arasso, I will come.”

“Yay! Komawo Irene-ah.”

“Mmm.”

“I’ll call you later arasso?”

“Arasso.”

 

“I’m back…who know trying on clothes could be so tiring?” Seulgi huffed. She noticed Irene’s expression. “Why the long face?” Seulgi asks, shifting the bag in her hand.

“You bought it already?”

“Yep. And the yellow shirt was the best color for my hair.” She smiled. “Now what’s up?” the blonde pressed.

“Ani, it’s nothing.”

Seulgi eyed Irene’s phone. “Oh, was it a call from Onew?” she teased.

“Mmm.”

“Wae? What did he want? This is our girls’ shopping time…”

Irene sighed. “Onew wants me to come over for dinner with his parents.”

“What’s wrong? Don’t like them?” Seulgi joked.

“Ani, they’re really nice, it’s just… I don’t know.”

“Unnie, you can tell me what’s up.”

“It’s really nothing Seulgi” Irene said, ignoring the younger’s frown.

“Chincha, what is it-“

“Oh. My. God.” Irene dramatically said in English.

“Wae?” Seulgi turned towards her. “Mwo ye yo?”

“Look at those SHOES!!!” They’re so cute!!! And they’re in hot pink!”

“Omo!! Omo!! Where? Eodi??” Seulgi grabbed her arm, eyes wide and searching frantically.

“Over there” Irene pointed.

“Ka Ja!” Seulgi practically screamed.

Irene smiled, relieved that the junior’s attention was directed at something else.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Song:  Mamamoo- Words Don’t Come Easy

 

“Neh. Kasahamnida.”

Joy bowed the hostess. She maneuvered through the tiny restaurant, wondering where her table was. The lady said section 2, table B….

“Joy-ah…chincha…wow.” She heard Jonghyun’s soft voice behind her. She turned around to see him with his hand out. He was donned in a unique jacket with a more polished hairstyle than in school. 

“Mwo?” she replied, smiling and taking his hand. He twirled her around. “You’re so beautiful.” She wore an oversized sweater dress with knee high socks and booties. It was a simple and casual outfit, but Joy make it look so sophisticated.

“Chongmal?” This is an old dress…I’ve probably worn it before…”

“Well it looks brand new in my eyes…”

“Chinchaaa…hajimaaa” Joy whined, smacking his shoulder.

 

They sat down, food already on the table. “Aigoo Jongie, how much was this? I don’t want to be a burden…” He reached across and took her hand. “Don’t worry, my girl deserves the best.”

“Jongie…” she blushed.

As dinner progressed, Joy looked up to see her boyfriend eating. She watched his sharp jaw move up and down as he was munching his food. She smiled, admiring his features and mannerisms.

“So how was school today? I didn’t get to see you much today…” She asked. “It was fine.” Jonghyun smiled, but Joy noticed the slight lump form in his throat. “How about you?”

She put her utensils down. “Tell me what’s wrong, Jonghyun.”

“Neh?” He choked on his food.

“Don’t try to play dumb” she huffed. “You’ve been acting strange…I don’t know, but it’s like you’ve been avoiding me. And every time I get to see you, it’s like you don’t want to talk or you’re uncomfortable...” she choked, trying to hold back tears.

“Joy-ah.” He didn’t’ know she was feeling like that.

“Ani. I know there’s something going on and I wanna know about it.” She looked him right in the eyes, making him gulp. “If it’s something going on at home, we can talk about it, or if you’re having problems with your studies, Irene unnie or Onew oppa can help you…”

“Joy-ah” Jonghyun repeated, grabbing for her hands.

“Ani” she moved them away. “Tell me what’s going on.”

 

He sighed. How was he going to explain Krystal to her? He couldn’t…

Deep in thought, he felt the mini-devil Jonghyun appear on his shoulder.

What would player Jonghyun say in a situation like this? The voice spoke to him.

 

He’s done it countless times. Created words and excuses that would woo girls back to him if they found out about other girls. It would be easy to do just that. But those were flings. He actually cares about Joy. But she needs an answer for his strange behavior. He doesn’t want to lose her.

“Joy…words don’t come easy” he kept his gaze on the table.

“Neh? What do you mean?” her expression transformed from angry to worried.

“I thing I’m falling in love with you.”

“Mwo???” her worried look changed to shock. “Jongie…”

“I’ve been feeling this for a couple of weeks now.” He lied smoothly. “It was building up inside and Ididn’t know how to handle it.”

Her body relaxed, and he reached across for her hands. He was laying the charm icing on thick. She willingly let his hands envelop hers.

“You know about my history with girls…” he began again. She nodded knowingly. “It’s been weird for me… every time I see you, my heart beats in a different way…” he puts one of his hands on his chest. “Not like when I was with other girls…. Yeah, I think I’m falling in love” he laughs a bit.

“Aw Jongie, I…” she trails off, speechless.
“Ani, it’s my fault for acting so strange. In fact, I was going to confess tonight but you kinda beat me to the chase” he chuckled.

“Oh, ottoke?!” Joy wailed, overwhelmed with emotion. She opted for getting up and hugging him, causing others in the restaurant to stare.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yeri laughed at the joke Chanyeol told her. He made a silly face, making her laugh harder.

“Aigoo Chanyeol-shi. I didn’t think you were that funny.”

He was walking her home. It was currently 7:30pm.

“Mmm, Komawo.”

They finally arrived in front of her house.

“I had so much fun tonight” Chanyeol starts.

“Mmm me too” Yeri agrees. “We should go for smoothies more often!” she chirped.

“Ooh, or how about Tteokbokki? The extra spicy one? I know a place…”

“Aish, I hate spicy food” Yeri pouts. How about some pajeon or fish cakes? She suggested.

“Neh?” Chanyeol arches his brow. “Are you American?” he leans down a bit.

“Neh? Ani…wae?” Yeri pouts again, confused.

“Because you can’t be Korean and not like anything spicy!!” he joked, nudging her.

“Yahh!” she said, laughing.

A few seconds of silence passed. “Well, I better get going.” Chanyeol put his hands in his pockets and rocked back on his heels.

“Oh, Arasso.” Yeri nodded.

“Sleep Well, Arasso?” he said, taking one of his hands out and placing it on her shoulder.

“Arasso. Good night, Chanyeol-shi.”

“Good night, Yeri yeppeo.” He smiled

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Onew walks down the kitchen of his house, craving a snack. 

“Annyeong, Jinki.”

“Eomma” he spoke.

“Mwo hae yo?” Mrs. Lee said, rising up from her seat by the kitchen island.

“Oh, just getting a snack” he said, grabbing some crab flavored peas.

“Be careful about eating all those unhealthy snacks” Mrs. Lee warned. “I want you to study with a clear head”.

“Arasso” he said, crunching on the tiny peas.

“Aigoo, my son’s growing so fast” she said, walking up to him and pinching his cheeks. “You are beginning to look just like your appa.” She smiled up at him. “And you got his height too!”

He sighed inwardly. She was comparing him to his father a lot lately.

 

After a few seconds, her cell phone rang.

“Neh, yobeoseyo?....Ani…Daiyu. Please stop calling. I don’t care. Goodbye.” She hung up.

“Who was that?’

“Daiyu…Aigoo that yeoja has been michi since Feng died…” she shook her head in disappointment.

“Wait, Daiyu and Feng?” Onew asked.

“We will not discuss them. Her and her son are not matters of topic in this household.”

“But, eomma…”

“Ani! That’s my word!” her voice raised an octave. “Why do you want to talk about them? Are you worried about her son Yixing? I know that’s not the case…you two hate each other.” She started tapping her foot, a sign of annoyance. “Aish, I still don’t see why they let him in Yongsei!” she muttered to herself. Mrs. Lee turned back to her son. “Daiyu and her son are scum, people that we should not associate ourselves with. I worked hard to make sure that your future is not like Yixing’s OR Daiyu’s!” she boomed.

“Eomma. she called last week, asking to see halapeoji’s will…”

“Jinki, Yixing is a thug and his mom is just as bad; she hasn’t done anything in life despite having been married.” Her words were extremely harsh. “Your Grandfather’s will was accurate when he died over 20 years ago…she’s just trying to get over.”

“Eomma.” Was all he could say.

“Drop it, Jinki.” His mother ordered. “You are not discussing the Zhang’s as long as you live in this house!!”

                                                                                       [Flashback]

 

Daiyu and Mrs. Lee watched as their sons played on the south shore of Jeju beach. They were preparing a picnic lunch while the men were in the house talking.

“Your son is so well mannered” Daiyu commented, watching the boys.

“Well I wish I could say the same for your son” Ms. Lee joked, noticing Yixing throw sand all over Jinki.

A few moments of silence passed. They continued setting out the food and utensils.

“I want to thank you for saving us again.” Daiyu quietly commented. “Oh, gwenchana” Ms. Lee spoke.

“But I did want to speak with you about Appa-“

“Aigoo, I think I forgot the tongs for the cabbage inside!” Ms. Lee loudly exclaimed. “I’ll be back, arasso?”

“Arasso.”

                                                                                  [Flashback Ends]

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Aigoo! I’m so full….I’m going to gain so much weight” Solji whines, grabbing Minho’s arm. They were walking down the street to her home.

“Maybe you shouldn’t have eaten so much rice and meat” Minho joked.

“Yah, you took me to the place!” she playfully hit his arm.

“I know.” He snickered, resulting in another hit to his arm.

“Minho oppa, this is the first time I’ve seen you laugh in so long.” She smiled. “I like it.”

She was right. He hasn’t been too cheerful lately and this past week that Yeri girl has been getting on his nerves. Plus he missed hanging out with Solji.

“Mm, me too.”

They arrived at her doorstep.

“Wanna come in?” she raised her eyebrows.

“Ani, I have homework that I need to do.” 

“Aww, well, maybe next time?” she asks, batting her lashes.

 

“Yah!” He heard a girl laugh. He turned around to see Yeri and Chanyeol a couple houses away. He saw that Chanyeol touched her shoulder.

“I better get going” Minho muttered.

“Wae? Why the long face?” Solji frowned, confused.

“I’ll see you later” He grunted before turning on his heels and quickly walking down the street.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Lay, you don’t have to do this” Suho spoke from the couch.

“Shut it, Suho, yes I do.”

The whole Xfinite gang was sprawled about in the living room of their shared house. There were maps and other devices about the coffee table.

“The time of attack will be around 10:00pm.” Lay stated.

“Aish, why so late?” Hoya groaned. I wanted to get this over with so me and Hani can go to the club.” Hoya winked at his girlfriend, making her giggle.

“You go to the club every weekend.” Suho dryly commented.

“YAHH!” Lay boomed. His tyrant like voice made everyone go quiet.

“YOU WILL ALL BE THERE, ACTIVELY PARTICIPATING, UNTIL THE TASK IS FINISHED, ARACHI??!!”

“Neh” they all muttered.

“Kureai so, Hani and LE will distract the guards that are stationed near the front gate. Suho and

Hoya, you are coming with me to the back of the house. We will jump the brick wall and sneak

through the vineyard to the regular gates. Hoya you will help break the gates and I will proceed to enter the house. Suho will guard the vineyard area and Hoya will guard the gate area. Hani and LE will meet me once I have found Halpolji’s will and we will escape through the back. Do you all got it?”

“How do you know for sure that the will’s there?” Suho questioned.

“Dammit Suho, I lived there for 7 years! I know the Lee’s house like the back of my hand.”

“What is the purpose of stealing your Grandfather’s will?” Hoya asked.

Lay’s eyes turned into slits.

“For the truth, and revenge.”

__________________________________________________________________________________

OMG this is almost 4000 words. T_T But aside from the long read, did you guys enjoy it?

I apologize for any typos, I will fix them tomorrow after work. It is 1am now and my hand hurts. 

Don't hate Jonghyun just yet. Or Key lol. 

Let me know what you think and thank you for your support. 

Rate/Rant/Review

Saranghae/Je t'aime/I love you

-Chels