Chapter 12- What To Do?

Something Kinda Crazy

Hey guys, Happy New Year!...long time no see. I'm so sorry for not updating before this. I sincerely apologize for making you all wait. I don't want to make excuses or any promises but my goal is to definetly finish this story by the end of 2017.

@TaemSeul - Thank you so much for your comment. I'm sorry for making you wait so long. I saw your comment and it gave me so much encouragement. This chapter is dedicated to you lol

Again, thank you for subbing or even just looking at my story. I hope I don't dissapoint with this update.

 

 

 

At the Lee House

"Appa...Eomma, gwenchana?" Onew frowned as he walked into his house, weaving between policemen and detectives. 

"Neh, I'm just glad you're alright, son." Mr. Lee sighed, pulling him into a hug. 

"Aniyo, we're not okay!" His mother wailed. "Someone broke into our house! If you were here, who knows what would have happened?" Tears were forming in her eyes.

"Mr. and Mrs. Lee?" Onew?" A tall man in a long leather coat walked up to them. "I'm detective Nam. May I have a few words with you?"

"Neh, sure, what is it?" Mr. Lee questioned. 

"The local police and my men have been searching your home for almost an hour now, and it seems like they haven't stolen anything-no valuables are out of place and the police didn't find any fingerprints or evidence of force around the safe. So we can definitely rule out a robbery."

"Do you think it was an attempted kidnapping?" Mrs. Lee asked, her voice shaking.

"That's what I would have assumed next." Mr. Nam replied. "But there's no evidence of that either. No sheets/beds have been undone. The closets weren't touched and we found no fingerprints on the bathroom doors. These are places kidnappers look if they don't know the residence. Plus there were no signs of struggle- and your son wasn't home so that eliminates that."

“Oh, thank goodness!” Mrs. Lee sighed.

“But that brings us back to the suspect knowing the residence- it seems like they knew where to break in- and by the footprints in the carpet, they weren’t wandering around like they were lost. They knew exactly where to go.”

“And where was that?” Mr. Lee arched a brow.

“Your office, sir.” Detective Nam nodded to Mr. Lee.

“Neh?” Onew interjected.

“We’re not sure what they went in, because everything was neat when we inspected. Which makes us believe that they know you. Random robbers or criminals would have left it a mess.”

“Oh my goodness!” Mrs. Lee cried.

“Do you know anyone who would want something from your office?” Mr. Nam asked.

“It’s probably those pesky Parks!” Mrs. Lee huffed. “They’ve been trying to sabotage this merger deal my husband has been working on for months! Yeobo, you think they hired some lowlife to steal one of the contracts?”

“Aniyo, those contracts are in my office at the tower…” Mr. Lee trailed off.

“Is there anyone else you can think of?” Mr. Nam asked.

“Ah! Maybe it’s Yerim, our house maid! She’s been eyeing my clothes and jewelry suspiciously lately…” Mrs. Lee suggested.

Onew looked off into the distance, thinking.

Who would do this?

“Or maybe it’s…”

“Aniyo, Eomma.” Onew stopped her. “I think I know who it is.”

“Who?” his parents arched their brows while the detective gave him a curious look.

“Uh, do I have to say it now?” Onew asked.

“Aniyo, you don’t. When you’re sure, come down to the station. Here’s my card if you want to talk.” Mr. Nam handed him a thick card.

“Kamsahamnida.” He took it, bowing.

“I’ll keep in touch, Mr. and Mrs. Lee” Mr. Nam nodded before leaving.

“Onew-ah, who do you think it was?” His mother stepped closer to him.

“I’m not certain, I’ll need to ask around to  make sure I’m not going michi.” He responded.

“Arasso, but please let us know.”

“Neh, whatever this is, whether they stole something or not, they will not get away with this.” Mr. Lee stated.

“Neh appa, I will.”

Onew knew exactly who would have done this, and he wanted to see if he could sort things out himself before getting the police involved.

He sighed as he made his way upstairs to his room.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

With Xfinite

“Suho?” Lay says again, this time turning towards Suho. “Do you know him?”

“I…”

The stranger walks up to Lay and puts a hand on Lay’s shoulder.

Lay immediately swings around and a gun right at the man.

The stranger smiles, unfazed by the gun inches from his face. “Don’t worry, yeah I know him” he says.

“Yah, Lay!” Hoya attempts to step in between them. “You don’t think this is a bit much?”

“That’s a surprise coming from you…” LE mumbled, earning a warning shove from Hani.

“Who is he, Suho?” Lay grits, gun still cocked.

“I’m just an old friend” the guy replies, making everyone raise their eyebrows.

“Neh, he’s a friend” Suho sighs.

Lay loosens a bit. “Chongmal?”

“Neh.”

“How come we’ve never met then?” Lay asks.

“Hey, maybe you should put the gun dow-“

“Shut up, Hoya!” Lay bellows. LE snickers.

“I was out of the country-I go to the same high school as you all- but I’m back now” the guy shrugs, grinning.

“Your friend seems to talk a lot for you, Suho.” Lay spoke, stepping closer to the man.

“Aniyo, he’s a friend” Suho steps up, putting a reassuring hand on Lay. “I’m just not too thrilled to see him because we left on bad terms.”

“Bad terms?” Hani laughed. “What were you? Lovers?” LE cackled at her joke.

Suho shot her a look while the stranger chuckled.

“What’s your name?” Lay arched a brow at the guy.

“Kai. Kim Kai. Nice to meet you.” He stuck out a hand for shaking, causing the others to open their mouths in shock.

This guy had a lot of nerve.

Lay glared down at Kai’s gesture and finally put the gun away. “So Kai, what are you doing here?”

“Oh, I live a few blocks down” he smiled, pointing to a row of large houses.

“Aigoo, he’s rich” LE whispered to Hani.

“Did you see anything?” Hoya asked.

“See what?” Kai raised his brows, curious.

“Aniyo, nevermind.” Hoya exhales.

“Well, I’ve been following you around ever since I got back, Suho.” Kai speaks. “And I see you found some new friends to replace me.” He laughs awkwardly, scratching the back of his neck.

A few moments of silence pass.

“Well, it was nice meeting you all” Kai speaks again. “I’ll see you around, Suho.” He walks up to him, giving him a hug. Suho stiffens at the contact. Lay eyes their interaction with suspicion.

“You all have a good night!” Kai smiles before walking off.

“What the hell was that?” Hoya huffed.

“I don’t know, but we’ll talk about it later” Lay says, making eye contact with Suho. “Let’s get outta here.”

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

With Jonghyun and Joy

“Your face still looks pale” Jonghyun laughs, patting Joy’s cheek. “Are you still scared?”

“Aniyo! Joy hits his chest. They were walking back to Joy’s house.

A couple of minutes later, they arrived at Joy’s doorstep.

“I’ll see you Monday, Arasso?” Joy leaned in for a kiss.

After two seconds, she realized he wasn’t kissing her back.

“Mwo?” She pouted.

“You’re not going to let me in?” he smiled mischievously.

“Never!” She stuck her tongue out, making him laugh.

“But chincha, my parents will kill me if I try to bring a boy over for anything else other than dinner.”

“Well, we’re going to have to change their minds, hmmm?” He grinned, brushing the tip of his nose against hers.

“Mmm, arasso.” She smiled, finally kissing him.

“Call me?” Jonghyun smiled.

“Haha, never!” She slapped his arm. “Goodnight, Jongie.”

“Goodnight, Joy-ah.” He kissed her again before walking off the porch.

 

Only a couple minutes later, he sees a familiar tall figure a few feet away. He sighs, walking up to her.

“What do you want, Krystal?”

“I never used to be that easily scared, what a shame….” Krystal fake-frowned.

“I don’t care.” He gritted his teeth.

“You can’t just forget what we had” Krystal gave him a knowing look.

“Yeah, I can’t. It was toxic with wedged in between. It was barely a relationship since we would screw around with others anyway.” He retorted.

“Oh, don’t exaggerate, Jongie.” She cooed.

Don’t call me that.” He grunted.

“Oh, I can’t call you a nickname because Joy-ah calls you that, huh?”

“Krystal, stop it.”

“Oh, please, Jonghyun. We both know the only reason why your little Joy even has your attention right now is because you haven’t slept with her yet, hmm?” Krystal arches a brow at him.

“Krystal.”

“Jongie. Let’s stop pretending that you care for her. Why waste your time with her when you can have me?” She daringly grazes her lips against his ear.

“I do care for her. I like her.” Jonghyun’s breathing gets heavy.

“Oh, like that’s believable.” Krystal rolls her eyes.

“We’re done, Krystal.”

“Haha, no, we’re not. I know you still love me.”

“Krystal….”

“If you don’t, then say it, right now.”

“I….I…” he was at a loss for words.

“Hmmm, exactly.” Krystal smirked. “You’ll get over that whiny little soon, and we can be together again. I’ll see you later, Jongie.” She blew a kiss and walked away.

 

“Aish!” Jonghyun kicks some rocks nearby in frustration. He cares for Joy, but Krystal is right. He still does have some feelings for Krystal. What is he going to do?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

With Irene

Irene sighed as she cleaned up the leftover food. This was the last sleepover that she would get to have before leaving for university…

Speaking of university, what was she going to do?

Onew wanted her to come to meet the Deans from Seoul National. What questions were they going to ask? What answers were she going to give, when she didn’t even know them herself?

The phone rang, distracting her from her thoughts.

It was Onew.

“Yoboseyo?” She smiled.

“Annyeong, Irene-ah.”

“Gwenchana? Did they take anything?”

“Aniyo, everything seems to be in place…” he trailed off.

She sensed the hesitation in his voice. “Wae geurae?” she asked.

There was a brief pause.

“It seems as if they went in appa’s office- but for what, molla.”

“Oh.”

“Yeah.”

“Well,” Irene stated, “As long as you and your parents are safe, that’s all that matters.”

“Mmm. I guess.” Onew mumbled.

After a couple seconds of silence, Onew chirped back up.

“So, do you want to grab a bite tomorrow before dinner with the deans?”

“Wae?” Irene laughed. “I won’t be hungry if we’re going to eat dinner.”

“I know, I just want to spend time with you before being on our best behavior later.”

“Mmm, arasso.” She chuckles. “What should I wear to dinner tomorrow?”

“Anything. You’ll look beautiful anyways.”

“Onew…” she laughs.

“Well, I have to go now, Eomma’s calling me.” Onew sighs.

“Arasso. See you tomorrow. Saranghae.”

“Saranghae.”

Irene sighs as she hangs up the phone and continues to straighten up the room. Hopefully tomorrow will go smoothly.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

With Seulgi and Taemin

“Yah! Lee Taemin!” Seulgi shouted, pushing him off of her.

“Why are you so violent?” Taemin mumbles as he rubs his sore shoulder. “I was only trying to hug you.”

“Yah, pabo, why are you so annoying?” She screeches.

“Aigoo, this is why I told Onew hyung not to scare you all.” Taemin frowns. “It turns my girlfriend into a devil.”

“Yah, you don’t mean that!” Seulgi pouts cutely.

“Mmm, yes I do” Taemin smiles, pecking her on the cheek.

They were in a booth at Taemin’s favorite kimbap place.

Taemin’s eyes light up as he sees the food coming their way.

“Yah, why’d you order so much?” Seulgi groans.

“I ordered enough for two.” He shrugs. “And I’m hungry.”

“Ani, you ordered enough for Shinee AND Red Velvet.” Seulgi states.

Taemin thanks the waiter and immediately digs in.

When he’s done with about 5 pieces, he notices that Seulgi hasn’t touched anything.

“Wae geurae? Are you going to eat?”

“I’m full from all the pizza we ate” Seulgi lies. “Plus all the carbs in the rice, no thank you!”

“A few bites won’t make you fat, come on” Taemin groans.

“Arasso, arasso.” Seulgi rolls her eyes. “I’m only eating because you’re paying, arachi?” She says, taking a bite of the salad he ordered.

“Yah, close your eyes” Taemin smiles.

“Wae?” Seulgi eyes him suspiciously.

“I want to you to guess the sushi. Come on it’ll be fun!”

“Arasso.” Seulgi smiles and huffs as she closes her eyes.

As soon as she recognizes the flavor, she spits it out and her eyes fly open.

“Yah! Was that beef in it! You know I hate beef kimbap!” She screams, hitting him.

Taemin is hunched over in laughter, not feeling her slaps on his arm.

Fuming, Seulgi takes a piece of kimbap and smashes it in his face.

Taemin pauses for a second, shocked, but cracks up again. “Yah! Kang Seulgi!” He laughs, imitating her angry voice while rice and seaweed fall from his face.

“ARE YOU MOCKING ME LEE TAEMIN?!” She screeches.

He stands up, backing away from the table, still laughing.

Smiling, Seulgi grabs the bowl of salad and begins to throw veggies at him.

They soon begin having a food fight in the restaurant- water, veggies and rice flying everywhere.

“Yah, get out of here you spoiled brats!” An ahjusshi yells at them, shooing them out.

They sprint out, laughing and screaming.

As they make their way down the street, they hold each others’ now-sticky hands.

“Chincha, that was more fun than the sleepover” Seulgi laughs, stopping to wipe sauce off her face.

“I’m glad you had fun” Taemin smiles. “I probably won’t be able to go there for the next few years though.” He chuckles.

“Gwenchana, as long as you have me we can eat anywhere” Seulgi says cockily, pecking him on the lips.

“Ew your breath smells like fish” She scrunches her nose.

“And your hair smells like gochujang” he snaps back.

“Neh?” Her eyes widen as she feels a huge red clump of sauce in her locks.

“Ani! Ottoke?? I just got my hair done too!” She cries, turning to a store window and examining the damage.

“Gwenchana, it’ll come out and it won’t stain your hair” Taemin says, pulling her into a hug.

“Mmm, arasso.” She smiles in his embrace.

“Ka Ja, let’s go home and get cleaned  off.” He kisses her sticky forehead as they make their way home.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

With Yeri

Yeri sighed as she stepped into her house. She wished the sleepover were longer- she was having so much fun.

She went into the den and plopped on the couch, turning on the TV.

Her mom entered the room. “Yeri! You’re back early!”

“Neh. Irene’s boyfriend had an emergency so she ended it early.”

“Oh, arasso.” Her mother frowned. “Well your grandmother made one of her signature cakes again, so I’m going to go pick that up. Call me if you need anything.”

“Neh.” She nods as her mother leaves.

As she watches the news, her mind wanders…

Aigoo, Chanyeol is really cute and sweet… does he like me? I think he does. Should I ask him out? No, that’s the guy’s role, right? I don’t know if I’m ready for a boyfriend though.

And Minho’s cute too. But he hates me. Ugh. I still don’t know what I did to make him so angry…but Wendy said he likes me? I’m just so confused…

Maybe my unnies are right? Should I make him jealous? Wear something cute to show out? Joy said it worked with her…maybe I should give it a try.

Yeah I should. It wouldn’t hurt. He can’t be any madder at me than he already is.

Yeri smiled to herself as she dialed her mother’s number.

“Yeoboseyo…Yeri?” Her mother answers.

“Eomma.”

“Gwenchana?” Her mother asks, worried.

“Gwenchana…do you mind stopping by the ATM to get me some extra cash?”

“Neh, wae?”

“I’m going shopping tomorrow.” She smirks into the receiver.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Oooh, so Jong admits that he still has feelings for Krystal. And props to Yeri for this newfound determination! That’s right girl, you show Minho! Lol. What is Onew going to do since he knows who broke in his house? What is Suho going to do now that Kai has shown himself to Lay and Xfinite? And poor Irene, what will go down at dinner tomorrow? Stay tuned….

I hope you all liked the chapter. I worked so hard on it T-T. I apologize for the lack of songs for the scenes. I just wasn’t inspired as much like with the previous chapters. But the songs will be back soon. I can’t wait for the next two chapters, the REAL action will start to happen lol. Sorry for any typos, I will try to fix them soon. See you all soon hopefully.

Rate/Rant/Review

Saranghae/Je t’aime/I love you

-Chels xx