A Series of Teleportation I

EXO Trials

 

Kai rolled his neck, joints popping from the stress. He crossed his arms over his chest and leaned his back against the rough tree trunk. An early morning breeze grazed lightly against his skin. He let out a long sigh as he watched his friends discussing in front of him. They were at the southeast end of the forest.

This isn’t going to end well, he thought and looked up to the paneled ceiling. A perfect imitation of the blue sky plastered on the inside of the underground dome. Well perfect aside from the lack of a big yellow sun.

“Are you sure about this?” Chanyeol asked as he scratched his ear.

“Yeah, hot air rises. So I’ll go upwards and not drift to the sides,” Sehun explained while using his hands.

Chanyeol looked up to the same spot Kai was eyeing. The round hole in the ceiling was covered by a grill colored the same as the sky, camouflaging one of the openings of the ventilation system. Kris had found them during his many flights, there are exactly four airways, two in and two out. The circuit was layered with reinforced grills and propellers.

“The diameter does look wide enough,” Chanyeol considered.

“I’m sure all of me will just rise up and pass through, without drifting and missing the entrance,” Sehun insisted confidently, “If you help me get up there,” he said directly to Chanyeol.

“This is ridiculous,” Tao vexed. “This isn’t going to work.”

“It’s worth a try,” Sehun countered.

“But what-how, how the hell are you going to avoid getting breathed in?” Chanyeol asked frustrated. “Xiumin scared the hell out of me yesterday.”

“I can’t be breathed,” Sehun stressed.

“How do you know that?” Kai asked, crooking a brow.

“I just do,” the boy in grey shrugged.

“Can you please explain why you think you won’t end up in our lungs?” Kai questioned, holding back how annoyed he felt.

“Because, because, ah!” Sehun ruffled his hair frustrated. The breeze began to grow. “Because no matter if I’m solid or gas, my molecules will stick together. I’m always whole, complete. I’m this whole airy thing that doesn’t mix with the surrounding air. I’m not miscible, I can’t be processed in the lungs,” he gesticulated with his hands. “Besides, you can’t inhale me in one go, my volume is too big. I wouldn’t fit in someone’s lungs. So I can’t be breathed in the first place. Get it?”

“This is so ed up,” Tao exasperated.

“ you,” Sehun piqued.

“Okay, okay, okay,” interrupted Kai, stepping away from the tree and standing between the two, disrupting the mini argument. “So you can become air around us and be perfectly fine. But you just drift away. So what if you get stuck? Or you can’t come back?”

“Yeah, you said you can’t control the direction where you drift,” Chanyeol reasoned. “So how the hell are you going to get back?”

“If I get out, then I just have to find the other opening that flows air inside the dome,” he said as if it was obvious.

“This is stupid Sehun,” Tao grumbled. “Just forget about it.”

“No! I can’t. I have to try,” Sehun snapped. The breeze became wind. “This is getting worse. She even warned us and now they have another damn bogger upgrade. We have to escape. Now.”

“Not like this,” Tao stressed out.

“Just let me try! If I don’t come back you can reverse time and stop me,” he insisted.

“Oh! Yeah, that’s a brilliant idea. Like you’ll believe me then, huh? Like you believe me now?” Tao said with deep sarcasm.

“Sehun let’s just go. Tao’s right,” Kai tried to get a hold of Sehun, but got shoved away. Air began to lift dust from the floor.

He felt a hand pressed against his back, steadying his stumble. He looked at Tao next to him, but the raven haired boy was looking at Sehun.

“You’re being an idiot,” Tao stated with a serious tone. “I’m done,” he and turned around to leave.

“Fine!” Sehun said childishly.

“Don’t go,” Kai pleaded. Tao stopped walking and turned to face him. “Just in case, please don’t go.” Tao bit his bottom lip, frown prominent and annoyed, but he agreed anyway.

Sehun turned to face Chanyeol. “You’re going to help me right?”

“Uhh…” his troubled eyes looked at Kai, who was massaging his face with his hands.

When he noticed the boy in red looking at him for help, he just shrugged his shoulders offering none at all. Your choice, dude- was what he meant.

“Come one Chanyeol,” Sehun pestered, but more composed now. The wind pacified, Kai couldn’t feel the gust against his skin anymore “I need to at least try,” he pleaded.

Kai felt a sudden movement. He saw Tao’s body slump with his eyes closed, then he jumped up as if he had just woken up. The one in lilac looked confused for a brief moment and then glared at Sehun.

“You idiot! You ing moron! Why did you do it? I told you not to, damn it!” Tao said infuriated as he walked up and shoved Sehun backwards. “If you do it again, I swear I’m not reversing time. You can just stay stuck out there on your own.”

“You got outside?” Chanyeol asked bewildered. “What’s it like?”

“I, ugh, I...” Sehun knotted his brows and senselessly muttered.

“He can’t know. He hasn’t gone this time. And he won’t go, right?” Tao explained crossing his arms in front of his chest.

Kai could tell Sehun was angered. He had his lips pressed thinly together, his eyebrows furrowed and his hands balled in fists. But most importantly, the gust revived.

“Did I really get out?” he asked with a strained voice.

“I don’t know,” Tao sighed bitterly. “You just never came back. No matter how long we waited for you.” Kai could see the sincerity in Tao’s eyes and hear the concern in his voice. Even if it seemed he was mad at Sehun, it was because the brat was being immature and Tao was just trying to protect him.

“Let’s just go. I’ll take you back,” Kai offered instead, wanting them to cool down and stop fighting.

“Not me,” Tao quickly retorted. “I’m the one who has to reverse time if you things up again. I wouldn’t be much of use if you lose me too.”

“You’re the worst,” Sehun snapped, a wind draft swatted Tao backwards. Chanyeol quickly moved to catch the other from falling.

“I’ll walk with him,” Chanyeol offered and held onto Tao’s shoulder to keep him put. He nodded his head towards Sehun, indicating Kai to take him away before things got worse.

Without wasting time, Kai visualized standing next to Sehun. He triggered a space-time warp and let his body be pulled into a sub-dimension, leaping through space and appearing next to Sehun in an instant. Once he stood next to the other, he grabbed Sehun’s arm securely and dragged him into a space-time jump. He visualized the garden and ventured the sub-dimensional wormhole without letting go of Sehun’s arm. This wormhole, or space-time warp, linked the place he was previously at with the specific spot in space where he wanted to travel. Like an immediate bridge in an adjacent dimension, contorting space-time to place him from point A to point B in an instant. He materialized where he wanted to be and made sure to have Sehun with him during the process. He didn’t want to drop and lose his friend in some unknown dimension.

Sehun coughed and harshly breathed in air. “You could’ve warned me,” he said nearly breathless.

Kai shrugged his shoulder, not really caring that Sehun couldn’t breathe during the teleportation.

It’s not the worse that could happen.

“Hey, where were you?” Suho asked. He was next to the fountain with Xiumin and Luhan.

“Just walking around,” Kai lied, nudging Sehun’s side with his elbow.

“Yeah,” he quickly followed, “Just walking.”

Luhan’s eyes squinted into a frown and he walked over to Sehun. Kai jumped backwards upon hearing the strident slap, unintentionally teleporting himself a few steps back. The heavy strike disrupted the once peaceful garden and everyone’s attention focused on the silent fight between the informal couple. Luhan was obviously mad, his breathing was heavy and his eyes meant serious business. Sehun rubbed his left cheek and looked up apologetically at the other.

Kai guessed what happened. Luhan read Sehun’s mind and Sehun was probably still thinking about the failed escape. Obviously Luhan wasn’t happy about it.

Busted, Kai thought and went over to sit by Kris to avoid the drama.

“Should I even ask?” the boy in orange crooked a brow.

“No, it doesn’t matter anymore,” Kai replied.

“It’s strange to watch you bail out on Sehun,” Kris commented.

“Well, he can use the sermon,” he sighed. He reached up to pet Tawny’s soft feathers, which was perched on Kris’ shoulder. But Kai’s hand got swatted away.

“Sorry, but I can’t take any risks,” Kris said apologetically.

“It’s okay,” Kai said softly and hid his hands under his thighs. “I hate how my body is reacting to this .”

“It’s alright. You’ll get a hold of it… eventually.”

“How does it even happen in the first place?” Xiumin asked as he sat down in front of the bench.

“I just…”

“It’s probably his cells overeating. Like Chanyeol,” Suho said he sat to Kai’s other side. “Are none of you interested in what’s going on with those two?” he pointed at the silent argument at their left.

“No use,” Xiumin shrugged. “It’s not like we can hear them talking.”

“I can’t still hear you!” Kai nearly jump from Luhan’s outburst.

“Change the topic,” Kris demanded.

“So how come you keep losing stuff? How does it work?” Suho questioned.

“Why do I have to be the topic?” Kai complained.

“Just talk, damn it,” Kris insisted. Tawny hooted and Kai felt that even the nocturnal bird was ordering to speak.

“I…,” Kai felt flustered under the attention and breathed deep to calm down. “How do I explain it?” he asked aloud, though it was meant for himself. He focused on feeling confident again. He’s just talking to the group anyway. “If I don’t concentrate well, if I get a little distracted or overexcited, it happens.” He paused, “The excessive energy keeps working up and making things I touch teleport, without me wanting them to. And since I don’t travel with them, they get lost in some sub-dimension. It’s all because of that damn elixir .”

“So you literally just send them off?” Xiumin asked.

“Yeah.”

“Remind me to never piss you off,” Xiumin joked.

Kai laughed. Yes, the situation shouldn’t be laughable and their lives could be in danger, and his friends were fighting, and the tension kept rising after every trial, but damn, he needed any comic relief he could get. However, it was short lived as Luhan walked up to them followed by a hunched Sehun.

“How could you let him do that?” he said angered. “What kind of friend are you? What if he never came back?”

“Hey!” Kai felt insulted. “Tao was there for a reason. And it’s not my fault this dip kept insisting in giving it a go. He never listens anyway,” he grumbled.

“But you shouldn’t have agreed to his idiocy in the first place,” Luhan criticized.

“What happened?” Suho asked.

“They tried to escape through the ventilation system,” Luhan said exasperatedly.

“You did what?” Kris fumed whilst standing up and Tawny flew away. Kai cowered under his height. Lucky bird, he thought, wishing he could trade places with the animal and escape from Kris’ rage.

“Well, ,” Xiumin grimaced, curving his brows and showing his small teeth.

“And you were just going to let him go and not tell us?” Kris berated.

“It doesn’t matter, it never happened anyway,” Kai insisted.

“These decisions should be consulted with the entire group,” Suho scolded.

“Exactly,” Kris said and faced Sehun, who was cowering behind Luhan. “And You. I already told you there’s no way out.”

“I had to try,” Sehun defended himself, but got nudged by Luhan. “Ouch!”

“I can’t believe you guys thought it was okay to just leave us behind,” Suho reprimanded. “I can’t understand why you helped,” he pointed at Kai. “I thought you had more sense than him. But now I think you both are too reckless to even stop each other from doing stupid things.”

“You should’ve known better, Kai,” Kris rebuked.

“How come I’m responsible for Sehun’s actions?” he complained.

“Yeah, it’s not his fault,” Sehun defended.

“Damn right it’s not his fault,” Tao said. He and Chanyeol approached the garden, finally returning from the woods.

“And what about you? Huh? Why did you guys agree to help him?” Suho reproached.

“Hey, I just went in case he really went through with it,” Tao answered back.

“I… Got curios,” Chanyeol wavered.

“I can’t believe you guys tried to do something so stupid,” Kris scolded. “What if you got caught? Huh? What if they find out what you tried to do?”

“This wouldn’t have happen if Sehun wasn’t so obsessive,” Tao talked back.

“Me? I wouldn’t have tried if you would’ve told me how we escape this ,” Sehun retorted.

“What?” said Suho.

“Yeah, Tao’s had a vision of us out of this place,” Sehun revealed.

“Shut up!” Tao flailed his arms upwards.

“Damn,” Chanyeol said, sliding to the side.

“Tao is this true?” Kris walked up to Tao.

Tao covered his face with his hand, “I should’ve reversed time and avoided this .”

“Don’t do it,” Kris ordered.

“It’s already out in the open. We’ve got to discuss this. I call for a group meeting,” Suho demanded.

“We’re all here,” Chanyeol frowned.

“Lay’s not,” Xiumin pointed out.

“Go fetch him, he’s at my balcony,” Kris commanded.

“I’m not a ing dog,” he muttered under his breath as he teleported away.

 

In an instant he warped through space-time, bending dimensions to cut the trip short, and landed on Kris’ balcony. Kai felt confused as he spotted the empty hammock still swaying. He heard a loud thump beneath. Turning around, he looked down from the railing and saw Lay’s body sprawled on the grass. His limbs were contorted in impossible angles and there was blood near his face.

Kai placed his hand against his chest, over the spot that ached. His breathing went irregular as he began to hyperventilate. He could hear his fast heart beats in his ears as trepidation coursed his body. He couldn’t let out a sound as he looked down in horror. He shook his head to regain his senses and messily teleported next to Lay, stumbling through sub-dimensions and roughly landing at the wanted place.

The sight was worse from up close. Lay landed face forward against the ground. Limbs were visibly broken in different sections, twisted in inhuman ways and bones jutted out.  Blood gushed out of Lay’s mouth, nose and ear.

“,” Kai said nearly voiceless as he pulled his hair back with his hands. “What do I do?” he cried out in a shaky voice, hyperventilating as tears flowed. He cupped his mouth with his hands, “What the do I do?” his voice cracked. He couldn’t control his breathing, he swallowed hard trying to clear his throat. Kneeling forward to check Lay’s pulse, he quickly stopped halfway.

What if I lose him? He knew that in the state he was, he could accidentally teleport Lay away.

“What do I do? Damn it!” he sat backwards and held his head with his hands. “What do I do if I can’t touch him? I’m so ing useless,” he covered his face with his hands to suppress his sobs.

Tao! Tao can reverse time! He tried to calm down, despite the ache in his chest, the abnormal breathing pattern and the tears in his eyes. He needed to calm down to teleport successfully.

After hearing a moan, Kai uncovered his face and watched shocked as Lay began to move. Still lying on the ground, Lay stretched his limbs and Kai could hear how the bones snapped and popped back into their rightful places. All superficial abrasion healed. Slowly Lay began to sit up. Kai forcefully wiped his tears away, feeling slightly dizzy from rubbing his eyes too hard. He blinked and saw Lay stand before him with a concerned gaze.

“Sorry you had to see that,” he wiped the blood off the corner of his mouth. “I didn’t know you were here.”

“Why the hell did you jump?” Kai nearly cried out but he restrained himself and got up. His balance wavered because of how weak he felt his legs were.

“I was checking something,” Lay replied nonchalantly.

“Checking what? Your pain tolerance?” he yelled out in frustration. He couldn’t understand how Lay could be so calm about this. “Have you gone mad? Were you trying to kill yourself?” Kai rubbed the sore spot of his chest.

“No, of course not,” Lay took out a tissue packet to continue wiping the blood off. “I did promise I’ll never die again for a reason, Kai,” he sniffled as he cleaned his bloody nose. “I’m immortal.”

“Holy ,” Kai felt the ache turn into a sharp pang, as if he was being stabbed with a sharp object. He kept massaging his chest, but his knees buckled under his weight. Lay tried to catch him, but Kai forced himself to jump backwards.

“What’s wrong?” Lay stepped forwards, but Kai moved back.

“Don’t touch me,” he said strained. “I might send you off.”

“I’ll take my chances.”

“Don’t,” Kai warned.

“Just, focus on staying here,” Lay shrugged his hand away. Quickly Kai held onto Lay’s shoulder, just in case; if he teleported he had to make sure he was touching Lay. The healer patted his chest. “Wow Kai your blood pressure is really high. Damn, your adrenalin and cortisol levels too, let me fix that up.”

Kai felt the pain ease, his breathing soften and became more rhythmical. He didn’t feel weak or scared; he was turning back to normal. He felt soft hands against his face before he realized Lay was wiping the remaining tears away. Kai felt his face feel calm, the sting in his eyes disappeared as well as the soreness around his nose.

“Your chest pain was caused by an anxiety attack,” he explained. “Your adrenal hormones were exceedingly high,” Lay rubbed his cheek and smiled tenderly, “You’ve been under too much stress lately.”

Kai nodded as Lay rubbed his shoulders. He felt amazed at how comfortable and relaxed he could feel around Lay, probably because of the other’s abilities. But still, Lay was a great friend to have.

“How? How did you become immortal?” Lay let go of his shoulders and Kai slowly lowered his hand. Focusing on staying there with Lay and not teleporting either of them.

“The elixir, it stores so much energy that after death my cells can still function and heal themselves. Also I can regenerate every cell in my body, even neurons.” He paused, “I’m immortal now Kai,” he said sadly.

“Isn’t that a good thing?”

“No. Not really,” his smile wasn’t a happy one. He looked down, the smile didn’t reach his eyes.

Kai didn’t ask any further. He felt too tired to try to understand how being immortal could be a bad thing. If he were immortal then he wouldn’t have to worry about surviving. He wouldn’t fear the boggers as much and would be able to heal if he got attacked again. Hell, he could even resurrect if he ever got killed. Why the hell would being immortal be a bad thing? No more worries about dying.

“I think I can solve your other problem too.”

“What?”

“I think I can use the same analogy the lab assistants used to cure Chanyeol,” Lay clarified. “I could manipulate a messenger factor to alter the transcription of a DNA sequence. That way I can mutate a protein into an inhibitor factor. It would create a cascading effect to all your cells and help suppress your excessive energy through negative feedback.”

Kai stared dumbstruck. Sometimes Lay could forget that not everyone understood in depth the human body, much less at subcellular levels. Honestly Kai never study that, his focus was on physics.

“What?”

“I can mutate something in your body to stop you cells from overreacting,” Lay said bluntly.

“Oh, okay,” he agreed. “Let’s try it.”

Lay reached and held Kai’s hand, cupping in between his own hands. He closed his eyes and focused. Kai felt awkward, he didn’t know where to direct his sight. Should he stare at Lay, at their hands or look around the clearing? They stayed that way for six minutes, until Lay let go.

“Alright, it’s done.”

“Seriously? That’s all?”

“Well, I created the gene code and formed an inhibitor factor. The ribosomal RNA messengers will create more. So it’ll take around twenty minutes for all your cells too have the code for the factor and some hours for the factor to be present in all your cells,” Lay smiled as he detailed.

“Awesome,” Kai smiled and hugged Lay. “Thank you so much.”

“No problem,” Lay patted his back.

“I think we should go now. But don’t think about what you just did, okay? I mean about the jump,” Kai warned. “I don’t want Luhan to find out and make the rest worry even more.”

“Okay,” Lay nodded. “What happened?”

“Just,” he sighed, “utter .”

Kai held onto Lay’s arm tightly and teleported them to the garden. He didn’t let go of his hold until he was sure that Lay was still with him and safely at the garden. The group was still arguing. Kris was bickering with Tao, Suho was scolding Chanyeol. Luhan was holding his head between his hands and complained about there being too much noise. Sehun was trying to comfort him, but Luhan seemed to still be mad at him and would push him away. Xiumin was massaging his temples as he leaned against the water fountain. He was the only one silent.

“Mmm, you’re right,” Lay hummed. “It’s utter .” Kai nodded shrugging his arms upwards.  “So what caused this?”

“Umm, it began with Sehun trying to escape through the ventilation system,” Kai scratched the back of his neck. “Chanyeol and I might’ve helped. Tao prevented it, sort of.”

“And you didn’t tell the rest?”

“No.”

“You shouldn’t have done that,” Lay scolded. His eyes squinted, his brows knotted downwards. A thick crease formed between his eyebrows. His mouth pouted a bit.

Kai couldn’t stop himself from chuckling. “You’re mad,” he said, “I’ve never seen you angry.” He kept laughing, until he felt the side of his head get whacked. “Ouch!” he rubbed the sore spot.

“Of course I’m mad,” Lay stated. “And don’t you laugh. This isn’t a funny matter.”

“It doesn’t really matter because Tao reversed time.”

“Oh,” Lay’s face instantly fazed from angry to surprise. “Then why is everyone so worked up about it?”

“Tao’s had a vision of us out of this hell hole, but has kept it a secret. Now everyone lost their ,” Kai disclosed. Lay hummed and nodded.

He was about to tell Lay what Suho and Kris had said, but his body began to shiver from the sudden cold. Goosebumps covered his exposed skin as the temperature dropped further and further. He rubbed his arms with his hands to try to warm up. He noticed everyone had stopped fighting and were silently trying to keep warm. Except Chanyeol, he seemed just fine.

“Finally you shut up,” Xiumin said annoyed. The surface of the water in the fountain turned into ice. “Look, there’s no use in fighting or even discussing about this. If it’s a vision then it is part of our fate and it’s bound to happen. Getting worked up with the how and when won’t do any good,” he said with a seriously cold tone. “What we have to do is stop fighting and get along. We’ve got to survive together until the time comes for us to leave this place.”

No one argued after that. Instead, Chanyeol Kris and Luhan went for their lunches so they would all eat together at the garden for ‘bonding time’. It was surely not a common sight to have Xiumin scolding everyone and taking the lead. He was right though, arguing wasn’t bringing any good.

“What took you so long?” Suho asked.

“I was fixing Kai up,” Lay answered for him as calm as always and engaged in a conversation explaining the details of his accomplishment.

 

By late afternoon they had a visit.

“You really thought that going through the ventilation system would be a good idea?” she said incredulously once she stood at the garden with two backpacks and a boy dressed in green clothes. He was rather small and had a petite frame. But what impressed Kai the most were his big round eyes.

“We’ve got cameras everywhere, we know what you did. We know everything you do.” Kai felt Sehun stiffen next to him.

Well, Kris was ing right, we got busted.

“Since you didn’t really do it, I managed to get you guys off the hook,” she assured them. “But you must understand this,” her tone changed into a softer one. “You’re not the only ones trapped here.”

She remained silent for a moment and Kai understood what she meant. Everyone who worked in the building, here in this underground dome, was trapped. The lab assistants, the medical staff, the guards, Mama, them and even those damn boggers were all imprisoned.

“You can’t open a wall without a door with a key. You need a sledgehammer,” she patted the new guy’s shoulder.

“Now boys, this is D.O,” she informed. They all turned their attention to their new member. D.O stared, no, glared at them. His black bangs cascading just over his round eyes, gave his death glare a darker feeling. Kai felt rather unnerved by him.

“You don’t have time to practice, though I’m afraid you should worry more about him than the boggers. You’ve got a group trial. You already know the drill,” she said nonchalantly and handed the bags to Suho. “Well I’m off then. I’m rather busy today because of your almost escape,” she bid her goodbye, leaving after patting the new guy’s shoulder twice.

They all looked at the new guy suspiciously, but D.O was nonchalantly staring up at the sky.

What if he turns out to be a threat like Luhan was?

‘I heard that,’ Kai visibly jumped and looked at Luhan who was glaring at him.

Sorry. But you were kind of one at first.

‘Whatever.’

“Where’s the sun?” D.O asked disrupting the silence.  His voice was deep and mellow. Kai felt a shiver run down his spine.

Everyone automatically looked up at the clear blue sky, not a cloud in sight.

“We’re underground,” Kris answered with his voice sounding deeper than normal.

D.O frowned but nodded anyway. “Then my guess was right.” He turned to look at them again, his face passive this time. Kai noticed his features were quite charming. Especially his big heart shaped lips.

“I’m not a threat to you. She was just messing with you guys,” he said calmly. Kai felt the group ease up after that. D.O kicked off his shoes and rolled off his socks, letting his bare feet feel the ground. He crouched down and ran his hands over the grass. “I’ve never been outside before,” he smiled softly.

“So you’re D.O, right?” Tao asked a bit amused.

“Yeah, D.O is my name,” he replied. “No need to introduce yourselves. I already know who you guys are,” he stood up and dusted his hands. “And she’s right. We don’t have much time. They are already outside.”

“Let’s head to the lake,” Suho ordered.

“I’ll scope,” Kris said and flew away.

 

Kai was admiring how serious and solemn D.O appeared to be, despite his unique aesthetics. He didn’t want to seem like a creep and walked at the back of the group, observing the new member from afar. He heard Xiumin softly laugh next to him.

“What’s so funny?”

“Oh it’s not funny,” Xiumin shook his head and looked to the ground. “It’s ing ironic. When you were at the ICU, I spoke to Luhan about how odd I thought it was that they never let Lay heal you,” he explained. “So Luhan thought out bizarre ideas to explain why.” He paused as he stepped over a fallen log.

“So… What did he think?” Kai wondered.

“He thought about data collection and stuff.” Xiumin huffed out and looked up, “He thought they could use your data to enhance the boggers. And the irony is that he doesn’t ing remember that conversation,” he laughed bitterly.

Kai felt the blood drain from his face and a cold shiver ran down his spine. A bogger with his abilities: a shadow bogger.

“He doesn’t remember?” Kai repeatedly absentmindedly.

Xiumin shook his head, “He doesn’t know he guessed right.”