Beautiful

Stay With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyuhyun

“So you like him?”

I accidentally choke onto my beer and my friend snickers. I wipe my lips with the back of hands and narrow my eyes at him. I’m hanging out with Changmin playing a game at his house, catching up with him since he just came back from doing work overseas. Changmin knows the truth about my marriage with Ryeowook and I’m telling him about how the marriage have been so far.

“Why would you say that?” I ask, pausing the game to look at my friend.

“Dude, you’ve been talking about him all day now.”

“That’s not true.” I struggle to think of something. “I… You know, it’s just a lot happening and you’ve been gone so I’m just telling you everything for you to catch up on.’

Changmin gives me a weird look then decides to let the conversation go, thankfully as he unpauses the game. “So then what about his brother? He sounds like a mess.”

“He is a mess, man.”

“So? Why are you helping him then?”

There’s silence as I just let myself focus on the game instead. But Changmin is beating me, hitting his stupid Ferrari against mine but my mind is too distracted to try to avoid him. There’s a lot of reason truthfully but at the same time, I really don’t know why I decided to help Henry. The kid reminds me of me when I was younger and could it be that I decided to help him because I know what it felt like to be a rebel like that? Was it because Ryeowook reminded me so much of Ahra and how she had sacrificed for me that I decided to step in? But so what if Ryeowook reminds me of Ahra? I don’t have to be involved, didn’t I? Unless…

Oh .

Changmin takes the opportunity of me blanking out to crash my car on the screen and I don’t even give a damn. Changmin throws his fist in the air and whistles in victory. He turns around to me but pauses when he sees how I’m still blanking out.

“You’re helping his brother out because you like him, don’t you?” Changmin asks, raising his brows.

“What?” I clear my throat. “No way, man. You know I don’t fall for people, that’s just a complete waste of time.”

“You know… The kid reminds me of me a lot and I….” I shrug. “I know what it’s like so…. You know… It’s good for the press too.”

Changmin scoffs. “What press? Dude, let’s be serious here. You and I both know none of this sibling drama is press material. The press won’t even bother about the kid. They only want to know about your husband and you.”

“You almost had me there at the first part. The kid sounds like he was just as troublesome as you were at his age but you’re Cho Kyuhyun. Even if a chic were to come up to you and tell you that she’s pregnant with your kid, you’d just walk away from her!”

“Min, I’m not that bad.”

Changmin laughs. “I’m just saying. I know you, Kyu and I know that there’s something going on.”

I avoid eye contact with him and pick up the controller. This conversation is getting too out of hand and I really rather just not talk about it.

“Come on, let’s just play another round.” I tell him and then pause, realizing that I hadn’t tell him something else. “By the way, Min, I heard you’re looking for a new assistant at work.”

Changmin turns to me, his face confused. “What? No, I’m not.”

“Yes you are and guess what?” I smirk.

“I found the perfect assistant for you.”

***

When I got home, no one was home. Ryeowook’s not home and god only knows where his brother had gone off to. I took a seat in the living room and decide to watch some t.v now knowing what to do. Days like this, when I have absolutely nothing to do, is completely rare. I don’t even remember the last time I had time to rest like this.  When I finally find an interesting enough programme about some natural disaster documentary, I put my feet on my coffee table and rest my hands behind my head. Not even halfway into the documentary, the apartment door is slammed open and I jump, startled when a stumbling Henry falls down on the floor in front of me.

“Yah!” I shout, still holding onto chest. “What the ?”

The kid mumbles inaudible things and clutches onto his stomach. He looks like hell. His hair is a complete mess and his face looks like he hasn’t slept for days. His eyes are bloodshot too and he suddenly laughs out loud. God, this must have been drinking.

“Are you drunk?” I ask.

The kid punches his fist in the air, grinning. “Yehet!”

“God, go and wash up then.” I tell him.

I turn my attention back to the tv but the kid doesn’t move and it feels weird watching tv with a person lying down, face facing down and his body like a freaking statue on the floor next to me. “Yah, go on. Go and wash up!”

The kid still doesn’t move, instead, he holds onto his head all of a sudden. “I think I’m going to be sick.”

Immediately, I jump out from my seat and points to him. “Don’t you dare vomit on my floor!”

Henry retches and I get to my feet, running towards him and pulling him up by his arms. I help him towards the bathroom in his room and he kneels down in front of the toilet bowl and starts vomiting. God. That’s disgusting. I turn around disgusted, but then decide that if I don’t keep an eye on him, the kid might die from choking on his own vomit or something. I kneel down next to him and sigh, patting his back. When he’s done, the kid is too weak to even move and I help him up again and lead him to the sink where I splash some water on his face and finally bring him back to the bedroom and onto his bed.

“Where’s hyung?” He suddenly asks in a slurred voice, seating up on the bed.

“Ryeowook?” I ask.

The kid shakes his head, pouting. “Leeteukie hyung!”

“Why are you searching for him? What about Ryeowook? Isn’t he your brother?”

“But I don’t like Ryeowookie hyungie.”

It’s good that this kid is wasted or I would have knocked some sense into him. He’s acting like a total child, pouting and crossing his arms and his chubby cheek

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter