Family

Stay With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyuhyun

“Good morning, sunshine.”

I nimble playfully on soft skin and circle my arms around the small waist and Ryeowook tilts his head, grinning at me. He kisses my lips and mumbles a good morning against my lips. We kiss for some time before he laughs and pushes me playfully away, returning back to the eggs he’s frying for breakfast. I head over to the other counter and pour three cups of coffee.

“Did you slept well?” I ask.

“Mmmm, someone kept me up all night long.” Ryeowook answers softly, teasingly. “How was I supposed to sleep?”

I dramatically sigh and walk over to him, playfully swatting his cute little bottom. “What can I do? My husband is just too y, I can’t keep my hands off him.”

Ryeowook laughs and then focuses back on breakfast while I sip onto my coffee, staring at him. It’s been a week since I confessed to Ryeowook after he told me that he was in love with another man. I expected it to be awkward, expected things to go downhill fast from that moment but … Right there, in the dark, Ryeowook gave me a tiny nod. It was unsure, it was timid, but he gave me a nod to his heart. As I made love to him again, he whispered it right into my ears.

“I’m sorry, Kyu.” Ryeowook had apologized, quietly into my ears. “I’m sorry that you fell for me.”

I remembered cupping Ryeowook’s face, staring straight down into those guilty orbs. My s in Ryeowook grew slower and gentler as I cup his face and kiss away all the guilt in those beautiful eyes. I wanted him to know that there was nothing to be sorry about, I wanted to tell him even if we were in another life, living completely different lives, I was sure that I would still end up falling for him, falling in love with him.

“Will you take a chance, Ryeonggu?” I asked, pushing his damp locks away from those beautiful eyes.

We stopped moving altogether, both of us gazing into each other’s eyes. I saw how afraid he was, I saw how hurt he was but still, he closed his eyes and nodded, parting his legs further to let me settle down between them and against his body. I continued moving in him and when we both came, Ryeowook hugged me close trailing kisses down my face. When I finally found my breath, I pushed up and my heart swelled at how Ryeowook was smiling at me, so earnestly, so beautifully that I felt like crying. Ryeowook brought his head up and kissed my lips tenderly before he whispered a quiet but determined,

“I will.”

Right after that day, I found myself being greeted every morning with a kiss on my lips. Whenever we kiss, it feels like our whole life depend on it. We couldn’t stop touching, couldn’t stop kissing. I had to have him and he appeared to want me just as bad too. We did it, every morning and night, making out and making love like crazy teenagers in love. And I know I’m never going to ever get tired of it.

When Ryeowook finishes getting breakfast ready, his little brother steps out from his room, his hair still wet from a recent shower. He yawns and walks over to the counter where his mug of coffee is waiting for him.

“Look, who’s awake.” I grin then remember something Ryeowook had told me last night about today. “Happy birthday, kid.”

Henry looks up at me and sips onto his coffee, giving me an awkward smile and when Ryeowook heads over to him and smiles at him, squeezing his arm, Henry smiles back at his brother, a sincere smile now and not his usual awkward smile.

“Happy Birthday, Henry.” Ryeowook wishes his little brother, his voice full of love and warmth.

“Thanks hyung,” Henry replies.

Henry and Ryeowook settles into the dining table and we dig into breakfast. Ryeowook asks Henry and I about our work and we – mostly Ryeowook and I – exchange our usual morning conversation about work and what our plans for the day are.

“Hey Kyu,” Ryeowook calls out, his voice a little sweeter than usual.

“Hmmm?”

“I was wondering…” Ryeowook trails off looking to Henry and then to me. “Well, since it’s Henry’s birthday… I was wondering…”

“What is it?” I ask, wanting him to get on with it.

“Well, I was wondering if you could give him a day off.” Ryeowook flashes his teeth, “It’s his birthday after all.”

Henry’s mouth twitches and he looks up at me expectedly but I laugh, “Nice try, Ryeonggu.”

“Sorry kid, looks like you’ll still have to go work on your birthday.” I grin and wink when Henry frowns. “Life , deal with it.”

“Changmin hyung would give me a day off if he were in your position.” Henry grumbles.

“So you’re calling him hyung now?”

“Yes and I still won’t call you hyung.” Henry sticks his tongue out and finishes his breakfast, setting it in the sink and heads back to his room and finish getting ready for work.

I turn my head to Ryeowook and look at me, raising my brows. “You pamper him too much.”

Ryeowook shrugs, “I just wanted him to get some rest on his birthday. You’re too mean with him.”

I tap Ryeowook’s nose and he frowns, pushing my hands away while he pretends to be upset with me about not giving Henry a day off. I would love to, I really would if it meant making Ryeowook happy. But I can’t. Changmin has a lot of work today and he needs Henry by his side. But I guess Henry doesn’t mind either since I don’t see or hear him throwing a fit about it. I lean in and kiss Ryeowook’s cheeks before getting up to put my plates away.

“Someone has to and we both know it’s not going to be you.”

***

This has been happening to me a lot ever since Ryeowook and I started sleeping together. I cannot stop thinking about him. It’s impossible. Every time I try to focus on my work, I keep hearing his moans in my ears and I keep visualizing him, the way his body moves against mine, the way his cheeks turns pink whenever he dares to make a move on me, the way he parts his lips when he comes and just everything.

“Kyuhyun? KYUHYUN!”

I snap out of it and give my assistant an apologetic smile and he shakes his head, clicking his tongue disapprovingly. “What is wrong with you? You’ve been really out of it.”

I don’t answer and Sungmin then continues telling me about the recent report. When he realizes that I’m daydreaming again, Sungmin sighs and throws a pen at me. I scowl and Sungmin shakes his head.

“You need to get yourself together, Kyu.” Sungmins tells me seriously. “Did you even heard what I just said?”

“No, I didn’t.”

“Kyuhyun!” Sungmin yells, snapping his fingers. “Your father is coming!”

This got me jumping. “What?! Why?”

“I don’t know,” Sungmin sighs frustrated. “But I think it has something to do with the meeting last week.”

“The meeting last week?” I tilt my head, confused. “What do you mean? The meeting was fine, wasn’t it? It went well.”

“Well? Kyuhyun, the last time I checked the CEO for this company was you not Changmin.”

“Oh… Right.”

I look away, feeling a little embarrassed about having Changmin to cover my but then again, hey what are friends for right? Sungmin shakes his head again looking down at me disapprovingly and I wonder if this guy knew that I’m having with his best friend. He probably doesn’t or he would have nagged or said something about it. Sungmin continues nagging and before I can stop him and tell him to get out, the door to my office is suddenly pushed open. My head snaps to the door and I swallow hard. God, it doesn’t look good and suddenly, I have the urge to jump over my table and hide behind Sungmin.

“Cho Kyuhyun, we need to talk.”

***

 This is honestly so ing irrational.

Is my father even serious? He asked for this! He wanted me to prove that I was a trusted man, he wanted me to be a dependable and honourable man by marrying and proving to the world that I can in fact survive without sleeping or fooling around. There’s no reason for him to be mad at me for being in love!

“There were pictures of you and him before the day of the meeting, Kyuhyun!” My father growls, slamming a magazine with a candid picture of Ryeowook and I are the carnival. “You made a fool out of yourself! You made a fool out of me!”

Ah, my father’s really furious right now and I can’t believe I’m saying this but I’m scared out of my mind. There’s not much that scares me honestly but my father being mad at me is one of them. You would think I would have gotten used to being yelled at back when I was a delinquent but nope, I’ll never get used to how his voice roars when he’s mad or how his eyes can glare holes into your soul.

“They called me and asked what happened, do you know that!?” My father yells at me while I swallow and shake my head. “They almost scraped off the idea of accepting our proposal! Cho Kyuhyun, how could you ruin such an important meeting!?”

“I didn’t! Appa, I swear, there’s just so many things going on at home that I just-”

“I don’t care about what is happening! I don’t care that you married someone with a thief as his brother! I care about this business I have spent years, years, trying to build up. I care that I made my son CEO in hopes that he’ll prevail what I’ve spent years building on.” My father hisses. “You’re supposed to know that as CEO you can’t let personal matters distract you from work, Kyuhyun.”

Not knowing how or what to say, I bow my head feeling embarrassed and guilty, his ruthless words hitting me right into my heart and soul. When my father finishes pouring all his anger out, he sighs out loud and rubs his face violently.

“Kyuhyun, please don’t make me regret appointing you as the CEO.” My father tells me, voice shaking. “You’re my son, you can’t fail me.”

“I…” I nod, “I won’t. I’m sorry.”

“I’ve giving you one more chance.” My father says, “The next meeting is in another month. Ten of the CEOs from the companies we proposed our plans to from America are coming down. This is the last chance. Whether they sign the contract to merge with our company is all up to you.”

I swallow a thick lump in my throat, feeling my heart beating fast and gut doing weird flip-flops. I’ve never been nervous about work but this is different. These are CEO’s of different companies, different companies in America. I can’t even speak proper English, how am I going to hold this meeting? Sensing my discomfort, my father chuckles.

“That’s a first,” My father says, “I never thought I’d see you nervous.”

“Pfff, dad, please.” I quickly wave my hands. “I’ve got this.”

“No, Kyuhyun.” My father sighs again for the fiftieth time ever since he stepped into my office. “Ten CEOs from America is a lot, even I have to admit it. It’s a big project and meeting and you’ve only got one month. It’s honestly difficult, even for me.”

“So, I decided to get you help.”

“Help? What do you mean, Appa? Are we going to work on this together?”

“No, not me.” My father looks at me, “Donghae.”

“Donghae!” I repeat, a little flabbergasted. “What?”

“Donghae is more experienced in dealing with foreign businessman so he’ll know how to guide you for the meeting. I called him up last night and he agreed to help us out.”

I grit my teeth. Why my cousin of all people? Why, just why.

“He’ll be coming down in a week and will be staying here until the project ends. There’s not much time and loads of things that needs to be done so I offered him to stay with you at your apartment so that both of you can work on everything together.”

“What? Appa, why didn’t you inform me about all of this-”

“Kyuhyun,” My father raises his hand up, cutting my sentence and looks at me with tired eyes,

“Please don’t disappoint me.”

My father stands up and leaves then, without looking back. I tiredly run a hand through my hair. Donghae! Really! Of all people, my father just had to call my cousin for help. I could have just gone through it just fine, I knew I could. I’m born for this. So what if it’s a lot of work? There’s no such thing a little time when it comes to work! God, now I’m just plain annoyed. I can do it, why does my father have to ask my cousin for help, damn it.

It’s bothersome. The fact that my father called Donghae down. He could have asked anyone else but why Donghae… Is it because he doesn’t trust me? Is it because my own father trusts Donghae more than his own son? He’s always mentioning Donghae before he appointed me as CEO too. God, it’s so aggravating.

And … Oh my god. My cousin is going to be living with me! He’s going to be staying at my apartment with Ryeowook and Henry. God, what would they think? And… Ryeowook. I pout slightly realizing that my cousin and my husband are going to meet and that I don’t think I want that. Donghae is good-looking, way too good-looking and a part of me is afraid of how Ryeowook will react when he meets Donghae. Will…. It’s not possible right? It’s not possible for Ryeowook to fall for my cousin right? But it’s Donghae! He looks like a freaking character from a comic book! He’s the handsome, kind hero everyone likes and wants to be with. And I’m like the good-looking handsome evil villain than everyone hates and wants to kill. Everyone falls for the hero, everyone always fall for Donghae even my own father! Oh , this can’t be good.

***

Ryeowook

I used to bake a lot when I was young. I loved baking and it always took my mind off things. I even considered of opening up my own bakery at one point and Henry and I would stay up all night drawing layouts of what t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter