Brother-in-Law

Stay With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyuhyun

“Henry?!”

Ryeowook shrieks from behind me. I turn and face Ryeowook who looks weirdly pale and then to the stupid bastard who just tried to run away with my mother’s purse. Ryeowook tugs my arms, urging to get up from the guy.

“Kyuhyun, get up! Please, you’re hurting him!” Ryeowook pleads. “That’s my brother!”

“Brother?!” I repeat, displeased.

I immediately get off the stupid thief and Ryeowook rushes towards the guy and helps him to sit up. Ryeowook touches the guy’s face and inspects the bruises I just gave him and Ryeowook’s cups the guy’s face. His fingers digging into the guy’s cheeks angrily. Ryeowook looks really pale and his eyes are really red and he looks like he’s about to cry.

Ryeowook shouts, “What the hell are you doing?!”

“Hy… Hyung, please, I can explain!” The guy, whose name is Henry I assume, begs.

“Kyu… Kyuhyun? What… What is going on?” Kyuhyun’s mother steps forward, look paralyze.

“Mr. and Mrs Cho, I’m so sorry, I’m so so sorry for what just happened. Please don’t call the cops, Kyuhyun please, he’s my brother.” Ryeowook pleads, his voice straining as he looks from me to my parents.

More and more people are standing around us and , did I just hear a camera clicking? This is not good! My parents looks just as equally pissed and embarrassed and my father touches his temples, his eyebrows narrowed.

“Get up. All of you.” My father orders all the three of us who are on the floor in the middle of the restaurant. “Get up and follow me.”

We do as he say, Ryeowook helping his… Brother? ! If that’s Ryeowook’s brother then I’m screwed big time. My secrets will be exposed for sure for not knowing anything about Ryeowook’s own family members! Everything is really falling apart right now. I grip my fists as my father leads us to the hotel lobby. He goes to the hotel reception and speaks to the receptionist and comes back to us a little while later with a room card. He instructs us to follow him and we do so, going up to a hotel room.

Once we are in the room, away from all the prying eyes and ears, my father explodes. “WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED DOWN THERE?!”

No one dares to say anything. Everyone’s just frozen because hell, my father is probably the scariest thing on earth when he’s mad. His face is red with rage, brows narrowed and veins popping out of his neck and sides of the face.

“Sir, I’m sorry. This is my fault.” Ryeowook steps forward, eyes looking down at his feet. “This is Henry, he’s my brother. I’m sorry, sir. I’ll take the blame for what my brother just did, I’m so sorry.”

“Ryeowook,” I quietly call his name, stopping him.

I walk towards Ryeowook who is on the other side of the room and grab his arms, pulling him and his brother behind me. Ryeowook is my responsibility, this marriage is my responsibility and hell, I’m going to bull my whole ing life just to save this stupid deal from falling apart.

“Appa,” I raise my hands. “Please let me explain.”

“What is happening here, Kyuhyun?” My mother asks desperately trying to understand. “Why is your husband’s brother a thief?”

“Husband?!” Ryeowook’s brother shouts, tugging Ryeowook’s arms. “Hyung, he’s your husband?”

“Henry, shhh.” Ryeowook shush his brother then looks at me, his eyes getting even wetter. He looks back at my parents.  

“Henry’s my brother but I’ve never introduced him to Kyuhyun, Mrs and Mr. Cho. I…. We dated for a few months and eloped quietly and I haven’t had the chance to introduce Henry to him.”

“Your brother is a criminal!” My father accuses pointing his finger at Ryeowook’s brother. “He tried to steal my wife’s money!”

“I know and I’m sorry. I… It’s my fault. He did it because he needs the money and I… I haven’t been taking care of him recently ever since I got married to Kyuhyun. I’m sorry, I’m really sorry this happened Mr. and Mrs. Cho.” Ryeowook explains and gets on his knees all of a sudden. “Please don’t call the cops. Please forgive us.”

Ryeowook getting on his knees is already enough. I can’t stand to see any of this anymore and , his brother is just standing there, staring at us. The least he could do was apologize for what he did! Pulling Ryeowook up, I hold him close by his waist.

“Omma, Appa, I know you’re mad and ashamed but please, just let it go just this once.” I quietly plead.

I don’t like this. My parents are giving Ryeowook and his brother disapproving glares and the last thing I need right now is my parents disapproving and worrying about my choice of spouse. I reach out and take my mother’s hand, giving her a squeeze, looking at her and begging her to please, please understand. My mother pampers me more than my father since I’m the youngest and so, it’s easier for her to let it go. Her eyes travels across me and to Ryeowook and his younger brother. She lowers her gaze and that is when I realize that somewhere along the line, Ryeowook had slipped his hands into mine where I’m holding his waist. My mother sighs and taps my father’s shoulders gently.

“Come on yeobo, we’ve had enough for today.” She tells him softly. “Let’s leave them to settle this within themselves first and then we c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter