Giraffes

Stay With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyuhyun

Ryeowook is stunning.

My breath hitches when he waves at me, his lips spread in those delicate smile of his. He makes his way towards me and he settles into the opposite seat and I cannot take my eyes off him. I don’t think I can blink, I don’t think I even want to blink at how amazingly beautiful he looks. Ryeowook is dressed in a black jacket with a dark coloured shirt underneath and light blue jeans and he has his hair differently styled.

“You dyed it.” I reach across the table to run my fingers through Ryeowook’s silky hair. “It looks good.”

“Really?” Ryeowook flushes, touching his hair. “I wasn’t sure but Sungmin thought that it’d look good.”

I smile. It’s not just good, it’s perfect. Unlike his usual dark brown hair, Ryeowook’s hair is a lighter colour of brown now and it suits him perfectly. His hair is also straighter and swept to the side, making his bangs look longer and I have the urge to reach across the table every five seconds to push his hair back so that I can look into his eyes.  Ryeowook’s sharp features are more prominent now and he just looks so handsome. Ryeowook realizes that I have not stop staring at him and he starts to awkwardly shift. I break my gaze from Ryeowook not wanting to ruin our dinner together. Earlier on today, I asked Sungmin if I should take Ryeowook out and where his favourite restaurant was. I didn’t want to take Ryeowook to somewhere uncomfortable neither do I want to end up taking Ryeowook to somewhere he doesn’t want to go. So, I decided to ask Sungmin about his favourite restaurant, Sungmin texted me back and gave me an address but then he told me that there was actually another restaurant where Ryeowook have always been dying to try but could not afford.  I told Sungmin to send me that address instead and once Sungmin replied me the address to this restaurant, I quickly called and made reservation for a private room overlooking the Han River.

“You should have told Sungmin that you were planning to have dinner with me here.” Ryeowook tells me. “Sungmin wouldn’t tell me and immediately drove away when he dropped me at the car park. I would have worn something more appropriate.”

“You already look perfect enough, Ryeonggu.” I say honestly, my eyes shining as I gaze at him again.

Ryeowook blushes and a waiter comes and we order our food. While waiting for our food, Ryeowook looks around and his beautiful black orbs glitters as he stares at the scenery outsight. The lights from the buildings surrounding the Han River is being reflected by the river and the soft dark sky is lit up with scattered beautiful stars. But despite how perfect it is, nothing, nothing can compare to how breathtakingly beautiful my Ryeowook is.

“It’s so gorgeous, Kyuhyun.” Ryeowook quietly says, his eyes never leaving the view.

I nod, my mouth not able to find any response. Ryeowook continues staring at the view and finally after a moment, his eyes return to mine and I reach across the table to interlace our fingers together.

“How are you feeling?” I question softly. “Better?”

Ryeowook’s eyes sparkles as he looks from me to the view and then back to me. He nods, a really heartfelt smile and squeezes my fingers against his.

“Much better, Kyuhyun. Thank you.”

***

“I dropped by your work place earlier to have lunch with you and Henry.”

Ryeowook tells me while we dig into our arrived food. I look up to him, tilting my head and Ryeowook continues explaining with a faint smile.

“You were in a meeting and so I just went out to have lunch with Henry.” Ryeowook says. “I’m sorry but I didn’t think it would be appropriate if I disrupted your meeting.”

I nod but then again, if I had known Ryeowook would be coming, I’d scrap the meeting however important it was. I’d walk out just to see him, even if it’s just to exchange a smile or a word or two, I would do just that just.

“I would love to show you around, one day.” I tell Ryeowook sincerely.

Ryeowook smiles. “That’d be nice. It looks like a really great place, Kyuhyun.”

I thank him and we continue talking, just the two of us and it feels so natural. I ask Ryeowook about his day and he asks me about mine. Ryeowook tells me how his relationship with his brother is starting to improve. Ryeowook tells me everything, everything except for what happened to him the day before and a part of me breaks at this.

Once we’re done with dinner, Ryeowook stands up to head towards the glass windows, overlooking the river. His fingers traces the cool surface of the mirrors and I get up and head towards him, standing next to him. My eyes however doesn’t take in the beautiful view outside. I’m still mesmerized by how amazing he looks with the moonlight glowing against his soft skin. Ryeowook takes a deep breath and then turns to look at me, his eyes glistering so so beautifully.

“Thank you, Kyuhyun.”  Ryeowook quietly whispers. “I never thought I’d ever be able to step in here and I’d never thought it would be as beautiful as this.”

“I guessed, you would have enjoyed it even more if you were here with someone else other than me.” I say, my voice laced with jealously.

Ryeowook shakes his head, turning around to look at the view and my heart drops when Ryeowook doesn’t replies or denies my words. I look outside then, not daring to look at Ryeowook anymore. If my words are true, then it would break me and I rather just… Just believe that Ryeowook is enjoying himself rather than thinking of what it would be like if he were here with someone else at this moment.

***

Ryeowook is drunk.

It doesn’t take much to get Ryeowook drunk. We’ve only had a few glasses of wine after dinner and suddenly, Ryeowook’s swaying and giggling a little too much and I decide that it’s time I brought him home. My little husband is utterly adorable when he’s drunk, giggling and singing random English songs.

When we reach the apartment, Henry’s not home and I help Ryeowook into our apartment. I hold him by his waist and close the door behind us. Ryeowook’s swaying so much now that I’m a little worried for him and so, I reach down and carry him up bridal style. Ryeowook laughs and nuzzles his nose against my neck.

“So strong.” Ryeowook slurs, his breath warm against my neck. “So strong, Kyu.”

I chuckle and bring him into our bedroom, setting him onto the bed gently. Ryeowook takes me by surprise all of a sudden and hangs his hands around my neck, pulling me down. I brace myself with my arms and I look down to Ryeowook, his shiny lips so tempting and just right there in front of me.

“Ryeonggu, are you okay?” I breathe, feeling my body going stiff when Ryeowook pulls me closer against him until we are completely pressed together.

I want time to freeze, I want the whole world to stop. Ryeowook is looking up at me with big wide eyes and my body is pressed flushed against his and it feels amazingly wonderful and torturous at the same time. Ryeowook brings up his hands and touches my face with the back of his fingers.

“You’re sooo very handsome.” Ryeowook says, slurring a little at the end and then he giggles, his fingers sliding down my lips. “But not as handsome as….”

I swallow hard. “As?”

The smile disappears then, his fingers still tracing my lips. “As my prince.”

“As… Your prince?”

My heart is hurting. Can you hear it? It’s breaking. I knew it. I knew it. I look away, not wanting Ryeowook to see how my eyes drop and my smile disappears. But then Ryeowook gently cups my face and I look over at him.

“But…. You kiss different…. Differently.”

Ryeowook presses his lips against mine all of a sudden and I quietly whimper. I’ve wanted his lips on mine for hours now. But Ryeowook is drunk and I can taste the wine on him and I sigh, frustrated, pulling my lips away from him.

“You’re drunk.” I say, my words heavy. “You should get some sleep.”

I push myself off Ryeowook, removing his hands around my neck. Ryeowook whimpers and I chuckle, helping him to remove his jacket. I pull the comforter over him and reach down to remove his shoes and socks. I get out of bed and start to clean up, feeling frustrated at myself. I want to, trust me, I want to so much get into that bed again and kiss the living daylights of Ryeowook, strip him off his clothes and…. I want to prove to Ryeowook that I’m better, that I can be so much better than whoever the hell his stupid prince is. But… Ryeowook is drunk and as much as I really want to, I can’t. I don’t want Ryeowook to wake up the next morning hating me, hating me for taking advantage of him, for hurting him. I’m not his prince and he’ll never forgive me for hurting him.

Once I’m done washing up, I head outside to get a drink. My body and mind are so exhausted and I just want to get in bed and crash but … I can’t. Not when Ryeowook has my mind in circles, has my heart all fluttering crazily. Images of his smile and of how his eyes shine when they look at me are still stuck fresh in mind and his touch still lingers warmly against my lips.

“He’s driving me crazy.”

I chuckle against my glass, downing the rest of my water. I’ve never been in love and I never thought I’d be this foolish to ever fall in love. But how could I even deny it when I have a perfectly drunk and maybe willing adorable guy on my bed and here I am not daring to make a move? I can’t help thinking that if it wasn’t Ryeowook, I would have taken full advantage of the whole situation. I would grab the first chance I got and banged him.

“As my prince.”

The words suddenly rings in my ears. Ryeowook’s prince. Ryeowook admitted himself that there is someone and even if he was drunk, I know that it must be true. That must be the reason why Sungmin didn’t want to mention anything to me when I asked him about it, that must be the reason why Ryeowook came home that morning mad at me. And it suddenly hits me. Am I…. Am I being the third party between the both of them? Between Ryeowook and his mystery man? Did something happened, did something happened between them because of me?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter